A good build for my playstyle? (WvW)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Hey there, I mostly do wvw and defend our BL. That means that I am usually solo or in small groups. I have been running a condition build which has been great but most players are smart and are able to cleanse everything I do constantly.

I would like to switch to an entirely new build now and I would like help from someone who can help me choose the right gear for the job.

Thanks in advance.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I did some research and I want to hopefully avoid using the longbow or 1handed swords.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xurse.8267

Xurse.8267

Just try dual wielding sword sword and LB , go condition build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Just try dual wielding sword sword and LB , go condition build.

LOL, he said he wanted to avoid using LB and 1hand swords.

@OP Power builds took quite a hit but I would try a Hammer/GS and see how that feels.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

Can’t go wrong with MH axe. maybe axe/shield or warhorn. Warhorn is most welcome in WvW for Condi cleanse and group swiftness. Axe should provide all the damage you will need. Shield can provide tankiness and an interrupt/daze that’s difficult to dodge.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

What about an axe/shield + rifle combo then?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQNAneUjMd04ZVIuewJaABz4KqiLjAUJUKsD3A-z0yAYLBRCCAxBiEBm8KiGbFsIasKGMVZkVnCpejI7PGyKZAW2CA-w

The build is untested, but I see it going as follows against a standard melee type:

• Start with the rifle and let the opponent come to you. Use #3 to put damage, #2 to slow him down, #4 to put vulnerability when he closes in,
  • When he’s getting to melee, activate the Berserker’s Stance to gain adrenaline and resist possible condition burst,
  • Optional: push him back with rifle #5 to further delay the melee,
  • Melee is finally here, switch weapons and use shield #5 to let his burst pass on. Your adrenaline should be full very soon thanks to the Berserker’s Stance,
  • Watch out for the stability boon on your enemy. Kite and use your Axe #1 and #2 to attack until it’s not there anymore.
  • Try Shield #4 to stun the enemy, and unleash Axe F1 to get a big hit (3 adrenaline bars, 100% chance with Unsuspecting Foe),
  • Optional: press on with the axe,
  • Fear the foe away, switch to the rifle and unleash Rifle F1 to get a monstrous hit (3 adrenaline bars again, 100% critical chance thanks to the sigil of intelligence, reduced dodge/block chance thanks to the fear),
  • Repeat the cycle.

Add a second combat sigil on the rifle. Beware projectile reflection. Note that the build lacks mobility, consider using the Warrior’s Sprint to gain some.

HTH, have fun

PS: coming back to the game after a few weeks away. I’m eager to discover the new warrior traits!