A problem with Warrior's design.

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

I think it’s important to note that Warrior’s been in trouble for many months and I’m not talking viability as a whole, but the flaws in its design.

Most people roll a Warrior to be a brawler. A big melee dude holding an obscenely large weapon, smashing and slicing people, while being somewhat survivable. However, this role hasn’t been viable for a very long time due to the state of Warrior’s offensive abilities.

Rampage became a thing for a while, but even then people noted how weak the Warrior was outside of it. Before that it was all about Shoutbow and what is Shoutbow? A passive tank that uses AoE abilities to sustain and support. It doesn’t really hit people with it’s multitude of attacks, it just stands there, shooting fire under his feet while buffing his team. The build was viable because it didn’t rely on actual Warrior mechanics.

The easiest way to make Warrior viable would be increasing the healing on Vigorous Shouts. And yeah, it would probably make the Warrior usable in PvP again, but is that really what people want? They want to play a sustain bot instead of a fighter? Some do, but I will say that the majority of us do not.

So what should be done to make a brawler Warrior viable? That’s the problem. I feel like almost all abilities need to be looked at and touched up. For that to ever happen, A-net needs to make a conscious decision, they need to accept they need to spend resources for a serious rework of the profession.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

So what should be done to make a brawler Warrior viable? That’s the problem.

It’s not hard to turn warrior into a bruiser that can survive and dish out big attacks. Look at Reaper, it’s basically achieve that. So to match them, just make Berserker mode pulse resistance and activate defiant stance for 5 seconds every time they enter berskerker mode. So for 5 seconds you are basically unkillable. This will allow warriors to be the best bruiser in the game. If 5 seconds is too good, then drop it to 3.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

The only thing Anet needs to do about Warrior is to back their description of Warrior.

" Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive powerthe longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become " .
^^…Warrior According to ANet

• We are not masters of weaponry unless we trait Fast Hands. -1
  • Every other profession got Speed/Mobility boosts, Almost every other profession can disengage warrior at will or kite him for days. -1
  • Warrior Strength is good so .. +1
  • Our Toughness/Sustain was always Meh… -1
  • The longer we stay in a fight the more we lose . -1

So yeah they just need to back this statement, currently this description is Right for just 1 point of 6 .

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

The only thing Anet needs to do about Warrior is to back their description of Warrior.

" Warriors are masters of weaponry who rely on speed, strength, toughness, and heavy armor to survive in battle. Adrenaline fuels their offensive powerthe longer warriors stay in a fight, the more dangerous they become " .
^^…Warrior According to ANet

• We are not masters of weaponry unless we trait Fast Hands. -1
  • Every other profession got Speed/Mobility boosts, Almost every other profession can disengage warrior at will or kite him for days. -1
  • Warrior Strength is good so .. +1
  • Our Toughness/Sustain was always Meh… -1
  • The longer we stay in a fight the more we lose . -1

So yeah they just need to back this statement, currently this description is Right for just 1 point of 6 .

This is simply not true.
We have “throw rock”….thats how awesome we are as " masters of weaponry"
so quit crying, and just realise that we warriors are OP as fok….or something

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

For me the thing is pretty simple. When I went through other specs new traits/weapons, when I went through Revenant traits and abilities, when I looked at it’s design, there was only one conclusion that I’ve drawn in my mind.

-Warrior’s design is horribly outdated. Even more, currently Warrior with its design and how his weapons and utility skills work, how his traits work, feels like it’s a class from another game -a game that is actually better balanced than the current GW2 is, but hey, let’s put the fact of powercreep aside for now.

Maybe we can hope that Anet is actually working on something bigger for warriors now that we have been QQing on the forums for months. I hope that’s what this reluctance to touch them for a few patches now is saying.

And as I said a couple of times already. If Warriors design remains as it is (oversimplified), the class will never be in balance. Either overpowerd or underpowerd or stuck with some build that isn’t really using it’s mechanics, as you said YuiRS on Shoutbow example… But even that was nerfed and then HoT also provided with better alternatives

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I think the answer is very basic. Warrior skills are mainly single target while other classes can perform similar damage, buff, debuff, and CC on an AoE level.
When eviscerate hits two targets, I will be happy.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: St Nap Yppah.1752

St Nap Yppah.1752

I would like to see everything else getting massive nerfs rather than warrior getting huge buffs. Right now everything has such high burst damage, then depending on your class you have the options of evade/block spam, dodge spam, blind spam, stealth spam, protection spam, teleports and so on. Because of these warrior simply does not work.

For a dual melee warrior to work they have to stick to their targets like glue. Before the update this was kind of possible. After the update other classes are jumping all over the place and there is more stealth. Skills like rush and savage leap simply don’t cut it when most other have superior skills. Further, add to that that these skills have after cast animations. Not only do they miss a lot of the time but due to the after cast animations is actually allows the enemies to recreate distance. So while they are used to close distance a lot of time they are not effective in even doing that, regardless of that they did no damage because they missed.

If they choose to go the route of giving warrior huge buffs instead of nerfing other classes then they pretty much will have to give warriors what the other classes have. This means teleport skills instead of crappy leap skills, pulls, and more active defenses.

If they want to give the class a unique feel they should tie more benefits into the use of adrenaline, and there should be benefits regardless of a target is hit with a skill. With all the buffs on other classes it is now severly outdated that these skills have to hit. So maybe you add it in different skill trees that have to be spec’d into but you would have things like heals, boon removal, boon application, condi removal, +stats, or whatever on adrenaline use.

If they don’t want to give warriors teleports then the leap skills need to be better. This would be something like giving them stability and/or condi immunity while they are in leap animations. Maybe through a trait with a lower (8’s) internal cooldown to prevent abuse with it.

Just some ideas but they need to do a complete 180 and basically reverse all the nerfs that they have been piling on warrior the last year and a half. The nerfs to make skill animations slower and have big tells and requiring adrenaline skills to his to gain the benefits would be a start. They just don’t make sense anymore.

(edited by St Nap Yppah.1752)