A warrior in need of a bit of faith

in Warrior

Posted by: Bambi Is Strong.6083

Bambi Is Strong.6083

Hi, I’m a lv 80 warrior with 350 hours put into my warrior. Right now I REALLY REALLY want to reroll into a mesmer… I need a bit of faith for this class right now… is there a brighter future for us?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sloane Hardtower.7825

Sloane Hardtower.7825

Warrior in WvW is invaluable. So many fun tricks you can do that require a good team concept.
1. Banners-Banner of Tactics while at a keep is awesome. Also its a ae run buff so you get your whole zerg.
2. Death From Above-Blow Dolyack symbol, Frenzy stance, jump onto the gate and whirling blade. You knock the whole gate down and then beat the snot out of them…..really fun.
3. Chase um down. Warriors excel in chasing down runners.
4. Drawing fire(Defense Build). Run with a ae party get a bunch of enemy to zerg you. Block and watch them beat on you and die as your team mates plow them down.

Go to Spvp play with the builds, so many ways to play. Try them out before you give up.

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Do it.

It’s a well known fact in all mmos the classes which seem op’d at the start never undergo any changes and continue to stay opd for the whole lifetime of the game. Whilst the classes who start off with issues never get fixed and stay at the bottom of the pile and never ever get to shine.

Ever.

:/

in Warrior

Posted by: Bambi Is Strong.6083

Bambi Is Strong.6083

Do it.

It’s a well known fact in all mmos the classes which seem op’d at the start never undergo any changes and continue to stay opd for the whole lifetime of the game. Whilst the classes who start off with issues never get fixed and stay at the bottom of the pile and never ever get to shine.

Ever.

:/

I have faith in ArenaNet about balance they’re very good at it but the thing about it is that… WARRIORS ARE BORING. After 350 hours of it I cannot stand to see another 30k crit.. maybe the first 100 hours of seeing that crit was fun but now thats all I’m worth its “Oh look another 30k crit- meh” Mesmers look so much more funner you can jump around make clones maybe even naked clone dance party

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Why not just roll a Mesmer and try it as an alt? Just because you sunk 350 hours into one character doesn’t mean you shouldn’t start another. If you think Warrior’s are boring you’re not going to find a magic forum post here that’s going to change your mind about that.

Maybe you’ll find that you actually enjoy Warrior more after playing Mesmer for a bit… or maybe you’ll like Mesmer more and switch mains. If you’re bored now it’s not going to get any better unless you try something different.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azarul.2064

Azarul.2064

Is there a way to tell how many hours logged per character? This is not to insult you in any way I am just curious, or do people just estimate the hours and go really high with their number. reason being 350 hours since launch is like 12+ each day.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Ragnar Dragonfyre.1806

Type /age.

And you’d be surprised at the number of players I’ve seen with over 12 days played already.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

Plays 350 hours in 25 days, claim it’s boring.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Like Ragnar said, if you find it boring, pick something else and dabble. You’re going to put a whole lot more than 350 hours in the game, so just enjoy all the time you spend. If you stop enjoying it, spend it doing something else until you’re enjoying it again. If you can’t enjoy it, play something else.

There’s no shame in not having fun with Warrior. I played a Guardian for a while in PvE, WvWvW, and sPvP. At the end of the day, it’s a really amazing class, but it just wasn’t quite for me. I rerolled Warrior, and have been loving it since.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I wouldn’t expect any major changes. ANet stated they were “happy” with the Warrior. Ultimately, whether or not the players feel it needs more diversity and/or more interesting skills, it’s ANet who cares about ANet’s opinion.