A warrior revamp?

A warrior revamp?

in Warrior

Posted by: Taquain.6598

Taquain.6598

I play warrior and guard and have for a while and love them both and warrior is was my first class but I cant help but feel that the entire class as a whole needs a major revamp. I enjoy being able to be out right immune to everything for 5 seconds with stances and being tanky and having alot of regen as well. But I feel like some of the skills and weapons need buffs or changes so that they will be used more often. I` will be honest I`m kinda tired of seeing greatsword warriors running around you would think that a class that could use every weapon basically would see different people running different things. But that is not the case 90% of the time you find a warrior useing a greatsword and please find me someone dual wielding maces because I never seen that happen.

Now dont get me wrong I`m not saying that Warrior is a bad class its great I mean we can be very tanky like our other heavy armor cousin the Guardian expect where guardian focuses on damage prevention we focus on damage mitigation. We have alot of mobility and can hit like a truck sometimes. Even at times become immune to everything way more longer then a guardian would. But I cant help but feel like that every class has the edge on warriors at the moment.

Alot of skills most warrior players find outright useless I mean just look at banner of defense and Discipline hopefully with raids those will see the light. And dont see people useing signet of might and fear me or on my mark I mean there is no point when everyone else can just easily put 25 stack on vulnerability on someone or fear. them. Signet of might only good because it gives you 6 seconds of unblock able which is lovely but if people see you use it they will most likely just run away. Which leads to another issue about how easily a warrior can get zoned out even if you have a bow or a rifle because they will ether run out of the range or just stealth and regen.
I normally use play as a tank warrior with a mace or a sword and shield and a bow the other day I started to use a greatsword more often to remember why everyone loves to use it and well its just really good but I wish that the other weapons and skills would be as good as the greatsword is and get there fame. I would love to see warriors useing dual mace or useing skills like fear me or on my mark maybe even kick might as well toss in some more unblockable skills while your at it because we need that instead of the same builds I always see over and over.

We are suppose to be the class with the biggest different play style in the game the jack of all trades. We can tank, damage, support, etc however everyone just wanna do one thing why because that one thing seems to be better then everything else. There are so many skill that could be revamped and redone to help benefit the warrior. I`m not asking for warrior to be op but everyone keeps saying oh Warrior is Arenanet love child but the more you play your warrior then you look at other classes you then realize that is far from the truth. I mean just look at the trouble most warriors are having with the recent condi meta

(edited by Taquain.6598)

A warrior revamp?

in Warrior

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

Did you ever play GW1?

Granted, this is a very different game and a very different team of developers from what I gather. However, something people pointed out about GW1 was that many skills in the “skill sandbox” were out of date, inferior to others or very niche use. I don’t know offhand but I would gather there was probably ~150 skills per class in that game and since you had dual classes you could potentially choose from double that amount. During a given meta there were a lot of, more or less, useless skills. Arenanet had a habit of buffing certain skills and nerfing others for rebalance in order to keep the game from getting too stagnant.

It was the same problem you’re describing with the GW2 warrior and if the same Arenanet developers are in charge of balancing, what you’re more like to see is something like greatsword being debuffed or made obsolete in favor of the mace or maybe even 1h sword. I think they expect you to try different classes to find more variety. Although, you can still play the other warrior weapons and they can be viable, there’s just other classes/weapons/specs that fulfill similar roles and trump them.