Adrenal Health Idea.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Adrenal Health
Gain health every time you gain a strike of adrenaline.

At level 80, the amount healed per strike is 100+ 0.08 * Healing Power.

If you are at full adrenaline, you no longer gain adrenaline, so you need to constantly be using and hitting with your burst skills, this would bring a lot more builds into play and allow new play-styles for the Warrior, and use a lot of its traits.

If a warrior uses skills like “Healing Surge”, “Signet of Fury.” it only counts as one strike and heals for the formula above once, however if they use a skill like “Berserker Stance.” which gives 5 strikes every second, it will heal for every strike, making the stance better for healing. (It is the stance tree after all, and it gives a reason to use Berserker Stance over Signets/Healing Surge.)

This also makes the Warrior defensive play-style a lot more active, because he wants to be at no adrenaline so he can heal.

This also makes traits like “Furious.” and “Sharpened Axes.” and “Berserker’s Might.” and “Sure-Footed.” a lot more useful, especially when they are Master-Grandmaster Traits.

Infact, there is even more traits… “Short Temper”, “Embrace the Pain.”, so many defensive play-styles it could open up.

“Berserker’s Might as well…”

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Adrenal Health

At level 80, the amount healed per strike is 69 + 0.01 * Healing Power.

If you are at full adrenaline, you no longer gain adrenaline, so you need to constantly be using and hitting with your burst skills, this would bring a lot more builds into play and allow new play-styles for the Warrior, and use a lot of its traits.

If a warrior uses skills like “Healing Surge”, “Signet of Fury.” it only counts as one strike and heals for the formula above once, however if they use a skill like “Berserker Stance.” which gives 5 strikes every second, it will heal for every strike, making the stance better for healing. (It is the stance tree after all, and it gives a reason to use Berserker Stance over Signets/Healing Surge.)

This also makes the Warrior defensive play-style a lot more active, because he wants to be at no adrenaline so he can heal.

This also makes traits like “Furious.” and “Sharpened Axes.” and “Berserker’s Might.” and “Sure-Footed.” a lot more useful, especially when they are Master-Grandmaster Traits.

I see that as highly inefficient to almost all warriors. If adrenal health only activates on adrenaline gain, then you need to constantly burst to keep it down. By doing so, you are constantly losing the bonuses of Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power.

I much rather have Adrenaline Health be increased to 200hp/s or maybe 150hp/s without any reliance on adrenaline.
I’ve converted to Axe/Shield + Long Bow (I love the Legendary Shield skin…) and I would love to have a constant 150hp/s so that I can burst with LB

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Adrenal Health

I see that as highly inefficient to almost all warriors. If adrenal health only activates on adrenaline gain, then you need to constantly burst to keep it down. By doing so, you are constantly losing the bonuses of Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power.

I much rather have Adrenaline Health be increased to 200hp/s or maybe 150hp/s without any reliance on adrenaline.
I’ve converted to Axe/Shield + Long Bow (I love the Legendary Shield skin…) and I would love to have a constant 150hp/s so that I can burst with LB

That is very lazy, this idea would make burst skills actually useful and more active, having a constant 9% Critical Chance/12% damage/Constant Heal without any skill is nice, but isn’t that a bit too nice?

The traits that all improve how fast you gain adrenaline are useless because of how fast you gain it, and most warriors just stay at 100% adrenaline and never use there burst skill because its not worth it.

This trait makes it absolutely worth it, but you give up your perma damage/perma critical, you would have to… actively use your burst skills!

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Adrenal Health

That is very lazy, this idea would make burst skills actually useful and more active, having a constant 9% Critical Chance/12% damage/Constant Heal without any skill is nice, but isn’t that a bit too nice?

The traits that all improve how fast you gain adrenaline are useless because of how fast you gain it, and most warriors just stay at 100% adrenaline and never use there burst skill because its not worth it.

This trait makes it absolutely worth it, but you give up your perma damage/perma critical.

It’s not lazy, it’s efficient. Sorry, but what is the point of having Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus if you will not even be utilizing it to 50% efficiency? Complete and utter waste.

No it would not. No one bursts with a Great Sword. It’s just not worth it. Even in terms of damage it’s rather pathetic. People who run burst builds with Axe burst regardless…. and they don’t invest in defense regardless. They get the faster adrenaline regen traits and burst quite often.

“This trait makes it absolutely worth it”
Not at all. Who invests 15 points into defense for adrenal health? I have 20 invested simply for shield. It seems nice and all on paper, but your change would only screw over those that use the defense line as most warriors don’t even touch it.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Adrenal Health

This trait makes it absolutely worth it, but you give up your perma damage/perma critical.

It’s not lazy, it’s efficient. Sorry, but what is the point of having Berserker’s Power and Heightened Focus if you will not even be utilizing it to 50% efficiency? Complete and utter waste.

No it would not. No one bursts with a Great Sword. It’s just not worth it. Even in terms of damage it’s rather pathetic. People who run burst builds with Axe burst regardless…. and they don’t invest in defense regardless. They get the faster adrenaline regen traits and burst quite often.

Not at all. Who invests 15 points into defense for adrenal health? I have 20 invested simply for shield. It seems nice and all on paper, but your change would only screw over those that use the defense line as most warriors don’t even touch it.

You know there are other weapons besides the greatsword, maybe you should keep that in mind?

How would it "Screw over’ those who use the defense line?

Definition of LAZY

a : disinclined to activity or exertion : not energetic or vigorous
b : encouraging inactivity or indolence <a lazy summer day>

Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power are very very lazy traits.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Adrenal Health

You know there are other weapons besides the greatsword, maybe you should keep that in mind?

How would it "Screw over’ those who use the defense line?

Definition of LAZY

a : disinclined to activity or exertion : not energetic or vigorous
b : encouraging inactivity or indolence <a lazy summer day>

Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power are very very lazy traits.

You know how to read right?
You know where I wrote the part about burst builds and axe, right? Yea, okay.

Have you ever played invested in the defense line?
You don’t go into defense for adrenal health, it simply is not worth it.
I personally invest 20 for shield mastery. Adrenal health is a nice benefit on the side.
By making adrenal health require adrenaline gain, I am not benefiting from it while using #5 shield. Also, this is making not only defense users but ALL warriors burst.

Sorry, but why do we have to play your way?
Axe burst is amazing, but many of us choose not to utilize it simply to continuously benefit from Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power.

Thanks for the definition of Lazy, it really helped me understand your argument.

EDIT:
Btw, Omnomberry food. Ever heard of it?
No point in investing 15 for adrenal health unless you are investing in defense for other reasons. This change would not affect most players, and for the defense users, it would force them into using burst. Sorry, but while that may be your style, it isn’t most of ours.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

This sounds like a very good change.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I’m sorry, but your response does not make sense, and I will break it up for you.

I’ve been playing Warrior for 600+ hours, I have played and specced it to death.

@ Have you ever played invested in the defense line? Yes I have.

@ You don’t go into defense for adrenal health, it simply is not worth it. It isn’t, thats why I made this post.

@ I personally invest 20 for shield mastery. Adrenal health is a nice benefit on the side. Yes it is, however its really not enough.

@ By making adrenal health require adrenaline gain, I am not benefiting from it while using #5 shield. Also, this is making not only defense users but ALL warriors burst. Now this is the most kitten… You said you played a warrior and you don’t even know what traits they have? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Temper – If you gained a strike of adrenaline each time you were blocked, that would really stack up the healing, especially in a situation where you block a lot of attacks.

@ Sorry, but why do we have to play your way?
Axe burst is amazing, but many of us choose not to utilize it simply to continuously benefit from Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power.

Me too, its very lazy I just stay at 100% Adrenaline forever, since all the other traits for Warrior are useless thanks to this lazy mechanic. I mostly play my warrior when I want to face-roll dungeons and not think about anything.

@Btw, Omnomberry food. Ever heard of it?
No point in investing 15 for adrenal health unless you are investing in defense for other reasons. This change would not affect most players, and for the defense users, it would force them into using burst. Sorry, but while that may be your style, it isn’t most of ours.

I agree, it would only affect players who want to play tanky and live longer, and force them to be more active and use there skills and traits as they were probably meant to be used. It would also raise the skill cap of the Warrior a lot and offer tons of new builds and play-styles into the game.

However we want everyone to be a Greatsword faceroll Omnom Heightened Power Berserker’s Power Warrior.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Here is a build I made pretty quickly to describe how good it could be:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRzcVm9MmarRmmarRmG0G0Gmazsos

You have access to three blocks: Counterblow, Riposte, Shield Stance, Each time you block since you have the trait “Short Temper” and “Adrenal Health” you gain health from it each time you block, because each time you block you gain a strike of adrenaline.

So your “Shield build.” would not only be a lot better, but it would be a lot more skill-heavy. It would be better while requiring you to use your brain.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I’m sorry, but your response does not make sense, and I will break it up for you.

I’ve been playing Warrior for 600+ hours, I have played and specced it to death.

@ You don’t go into defense for adrenal health, it simply is not worth it. It isn’t, thats why I made this post.

@ I personally invest 20 for shield mastery. Adrenal health is a nice benefit on the side. Yes it is, however its really not enough.

@ By making adrenal health require adrenaline gain, I am not benefiting from it while using #5 shield. Also, this is making not only defense users but ALL warriors burst. Now this is the most kitten… You said you played a warrior and you don’t even know what traits they have? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Temper – If you gained a strike of adrenaline each time you were blocked, that would really stack up the healing, especially in a situation where you block a lot of attacks.

Me too, its very lazy I just stay at 100% Adrenaline forever, since all the other traits for Warrior are useless thanks to this lazy mechanic. I mostly play my warrior when I want to face-roll dungeons and not think about anything.

I agree, it would only affect players who want to play tanky and live longer, and force them to be more active and use there skills and traits as they were probably meant to be used. It would also raise the skill cap of the Warrior a lot and offer tons of new builds and play-styles into the game.

However we want everyone to be a Greatsword faceroll Omnom Heightened Power Berserker’s Power Warrior.

Are you arguing simple for the sake of arguing?
Are you even replying to me?

Your initial focus of the reply is that you will tell me why my reply does not make sense, and that you would break it up for me.

-Your first few responses are simply answering of questions. Okay.
-You imply that if adrenaline health was better, (100hp per adrenaline gain) they would sacrifice 1.5k effective power to get it. Um……..
-Your last 2 points are agreeing with me….. Um……. thought the point was to show me why my reply did not make sense?

Now, the most baffling part of your reply.
You link a trait where you gain might and adrenaline when YOU are blocked.

You use this trait to say that I Would gain a large amount of health WHILE blocking.

“Now this is the most kitten… You said you played a warrior and you don’t even know what traits they have? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Temper – If you gained a strike of adrenaline each time you were blocked, that would really stack up the healing, especially in a situation where you block a lot of attacks.”

The above is a quotation of what you said.
Try reading it again, particularly your last sentence.

Do you know what traits the warrior has?
Sure you played 600+ hours? lol fail.

Well, I think it’s sufficient to say that I can walk away from this argument without regret. I was arguing my side and really thinking about yours, but this really sums it up for me.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Your initial focus of the reply is that you will tell me why my reply does not make sense, and that you would break it up for me.

-You imply that if adrenaline health was better, (100hp per adrenaline gain) they would sacrifice 1.5k effective power to get it. Um……..
-Your last 2 points are agreeing with me….. Um……. thought the point was to show me why my reply did not make sense?

You use this trait to say that I Would gain a large amount of health WHILE blocking.

“Now this is the most kitten… You said you played a warrior and you don’t even know what traits they have? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Short_Temper – If you gained a strike of adrenaline each time you were blocked, that would really stack up the healing, especially in a situation where you block a lot of attacks.”

Well, I think it’s sufficient to say that I can walk away from this argument without regret. I was arguing my side and really thinking about yours, but this really sums it up for me.

It would be very nice if you added that little detail when you made your previous post, maybe you should edit it in?

You should see the build I made above.

Here is another one!
http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcRzcVm9MmarRmmarRmG0G0xmaVszoq

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

It would be very nice if you added that little detail when you made your previous post, maybe you should edit it in?

Here is another one!

Surely someone with 600+ hours should know that Shield #5 = block. Surely.
Well, off to work. Have a good day~

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Here is another one!

Surely someone with 600+ hours should know that Shield #5 = block. Surely.
Well, off to work. Have a good day~

Here is your statement:

Adrenal health is a nice benefit on the side.
By making adrenal health require adrenaline gain, I am not benefiting from it while using #5 shield. Also, this is making not only defense users but ALL warriors burst.

“I am not benefiting from it.” is what you said. Now you are changing your mind?

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

I like this idea, its more of trade you see. You can have the bonus damage by keeping the adrenaline or you can use it and get healing as you bring it back up. It also effectively makes burst skills heal you. As for defensive builds you can use earthshaker without feeling like you wasted adrenaline and if you gain per adrenaline strike then every time you get hit you heal with the trait embrace the pain. Imo you heal a lot more if its on a per hit recieved basis rather than a per 3 second basis.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Lazy or not, sitting on a full adren bar gives us access to significant offensive buffs. This would make it so if you want more survivability you are neutering your damage. I think your idea has promise and would help create builds, but you are admittedly penalizing what you consider “lazy” builds. In my opinion, that is bad balance. Also, your numbers are way OP. 30 in arms and 20 in discipline with axes would yield 400hp/crit/target. Plus, 10 more points lets you dump adren every 8 seconds, making you a healing machine. Consider also if you miss your burst, the impact on your build’s survivability. Again, good idea that could use some tweaks.

Right now, your idea is more powerful than omnom pie and they just finished clobbering that with the nerf bat. Don’t cross your fingers.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Here is your statement:

Adrenal health is a nice benefit on the side.

“I am not benefiting from it.” is what you said. Now you are changing your mind?

Why are you mad?
Because I pointed out your lack of logic?

I did say I am not benefiting from adrenal health if I am using shield #5. That’s obvious. Tell me, how am I benefiting from it while using shield #5 if I have to be gaining adrenaline? Hmmm? Can you explain it?
As it is, I gain a little health while in shield block mode.
In your “improved” way, I gain nothing while in shield block because I am not gaining adrenaline.

This is what you said. You linked a trait, yet you don’t even know what it does.
It gives you might + adrenaline when you are blocked, not when you are blocking.
Maybe you should learn to read.

For a warrior with 600+ hours, you sure do know very little.

Please explain to me how I will be gaining adrenaline from the trait you linked while I am using shield #5. Please, explain.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: SkyBound.7490

SkyBound.7490

I for one, think it’s a great idea.
You know…some of us do use our adrenaline bursts instead of letting them sit at full all the time.

I play a Hammer | Axe/Shield burst warrior in WvW zergs. My adrenaline never stays full…

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

You know…some of us do use our adrenaline bursts instead of letting them sit at full all the time.

I play a Hammer | Axe/Shield burst warrior in WvW zergs. My adrenaline never stays full…

I do same for WvWvW, but you have to think of all three aspects when changing skills which is the problem.
I wish they would just have “PvP only” versions.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: SkyBound.7490

SkyBound.7490

I do same for WvWvW, but you have to think of all three aspects when changing skills which is the problem.

True. PvE & PvP segregation would make balancing so much easier.
It’s a shame that our burst skills are mostly useless in PvE, especially against bosses…

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

True. PvE & PvP segregation would make balancing so much easier.
It’s a shame that our burst skills are mostly useless in PvE, especially against bosses…

Agreed.
Although, I’ll still use LB Burst since I just find a combo field + might + burning to be sexy enough to sacrifice Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power’s buffs

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Need more of a reason to use burst skills and more reason to have all these adrenaline traits.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Need more of a reason to use burst skills and more reason to have all these adrenaline traits.

Lol, did you get offended by the adrenal health discussion?
Hahaha, seems like you’re trying to save face by spreading your notion into every thread.

Anyways, don’t know how Combo Field, Area Might, and Burn is not enough of a reason to use Long Bow burst

Have a good night~ Hahaha

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

I would much rather have adrenal health changed so that it heals you for X in one lump sum whenever you use your burst (F1) ability, scaled up with adrenaline level at time of use (3 bars adren heals for more than 1 bar). This would give warriors some sustain with burst healing, promote active play instead of passive play (sitting on your adrenaline all the time) and benefit the weapons which actually use their burst skills (hammer, sword, longbow, etc).

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I did say I am not benefiting from adrenal health if I am using shield #5. That’s obvious. Tell me, how am I benefiting from it while using shield #5 if I have to be gaining adrenaline? Hmmm? Can you explain it?

Why are you even bringing up AH’s benefit with Shield Stance? That’s literally 1 tic of adrenal healing or 360HP if your adrenaline is full. So you’re up in arms about 360HP during that 3sec stance? Hardly even a point in complaining about it. You’d have to be nitpicking to make it a point worth discussing.

But you want to benefit from the idea using Shield Stance? 30/x/15/x/10. Gain 5 stacks of adrenaline put you in Berserker Stance, Block 5 attacks gives 5 stacks of might. Berserker Stance basically gives you 5 strikes of adrenaline/healing every second.

Please explain to me how I will be gaining adrenaline from the trait you linked while I am using shield #5. Please, explain.

Yeah, OP is mistaken in that Short Temper is a trait that works when you hit someone that is blocking. Daecollo, man up and admit you were wrong otherwise he’s not going to shut up.

CookMETEnder, your complaint about 360HP during Shield Stance is…well, stupid. It surely outweighed by the benefit you’d gain if you just used your burst and get healed while building Adrenaline.

The effectiveness of Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power surely pay their worth for specific builds…but not everyone builds to sit on their endurance, nor should they be stifled into doing so if they want to deal great DPS. If those two traits are holding the profession hostage from getting good use of their profession mechanic, then obviously those traits need to be changed.

The thought behind the idea, IMO, is sound but might be too strong.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

As I said in another thread, yeah i’m wrong, I was tired and misread it both in game and out of game, it just sounded proper because I would have no idea they made a trait that seems so terrible.

Well originally I thought it would be good if it was: At level 80, the amount healed per adrenaline strike is 69 + 0.01 * Healing Power. The same as altruistic healing, but the problem is once your full adrenaline you no longer get any healing from it, so if you burst and you miss, your stuck at full adrenaline and the trait can’t heal you, whereas altruistic healing is just constantly healing you regardless, not to mention the other 80 heals guardian gets.

Yes you can trait up to heal rather quickly (if your not CCed and you trait for stability so you don’t get knocked down a lot.)… but the problem is theres a cap to how much you can heal before you can burst, and if you miss the burst skill. Kittened. It mostly favors hammer warriors the most, since there burst is easiest to land.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

I would much rather have adrenal health changed so that it heals you for X in one lump sum whenever you use your burst (F1) ability, scaled up with adrenaline level at time of use (3 bars adren heals for more than 1 bar)

This.

Passive healing as you gain adrenaline strikes leaves us with very little control over healing. Linking it to burst gives us more control, and gives the same amount of healing

But leave Adrenal Health the way it is, and put the heal-on-burst trait in Discipline (30). To make room for it, drop Quick Bursts and have being able to burst more often a function of how many points are in Desc.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Whats the point of having Adrenal Strike traits as master-grandmaster traits when we don’t even use them?

There are many many skills and traits that grant “Adrenaline Strikes.” and there isn’t a single thing we benefit from it.

Having Adrenaline Strikes heal, or deal direct damage would come a long way to improving the Warrior over-all.

This playstyle of keeping your adrenaline full is fun some times, but I wish warrior had other-more active playstyles.

I don’t want to touch the play-styles we have now, just add more!

Currently, there is no real reason to use Adrenaline strike traits, we can pretty much gain full adrenaline with utility slots/heal skills.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikemad.2495

Mikemad.2495

I would much rather have adrenal health changed so that it heals you for X in one lump sum whenever you use your burst (F1) ability, scaled up with adrenaline level at time of use (3 bars adren heals for more than 1 bar)

This.

Passive healing as you gain adrenaline strikes leaves us with very little control over healing. Linking it to burst gives us more control, and gives the same amount of healing

But leave Adrenal Health the way it is, and put the heal-on-burst trait in Discipline (30). To make room for it, drop Quick Bursts and have being able to burst more often a function of how many points are in Desc.

This is probably the best idea I’ve seen in a while. Replacing quick bursts with a heal on burst trait and replacing burst damage with burst recharge would solve a lot of our problems.

Discipline would be the perfect tree for it since its secondary attribute is messed up. Also, most warriors already spec 20 into discipline anyway, meaning that most warriors wouldn’t have to sacrifice too much in order to get it.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Discipline isn’t a defensive tree. Discipline is a movement/burst skills tree. The only defensive trait in Discipline is vigor on stance use. Besides, Discipline is already a strong trait line.

It makes more sense for a “Using adrenaline recovers health” trait to be in Defense as that’s the tree with the +Healing Power stats and the trait line that needs the most help.

Thinking it should go in Discipline just makes me think you want more sustain without having to build for it (aiming for your zerker build so you can have your cake and eat it too).

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I think the OP won’t stop creating warrior suggestion threads until they can have 30k HP, 4000 armor, 1000 hp/sec regen with 150% crit damage and 1 shot every other class.

Aside from a few bugs, some useless skills and concepts that don’t really make sense trait wise that could be tweaked (not totally reworked) the warriors are in a good place WvW, PvE wise. But then again, most classes have their issues.

sPvP it is a different story, but half of the issue can be solved if they would allow you to have different stats on armor and trinkets instead of choosing 1 trinket which forces you into all-and-nothing type builds.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikemad.2495

Mikemad.2495

Discipline isn’t a defensive tree. Discipline is a movement/burst skills tree. The only defensive trait in Discipline is vigor on stance use. Besides, Discipline is already a strong trait line.

It makes more sense for a “Using adrenaline recovers health” trait to be in Defense as that’s the tree with the +Healing Power stats and the trait line that needs the most help.

Thinking it should go in Discipline just makes me think you want more sustain without having to build for it (aiming for your zerker build so you can have your cake and eat it too).

Whether it goes into the defence tree or the discipline tree doesnt really effect me personally since I use a 0/20/30/0/20 build. I just feel like putting it in the discipline tree would also fix it’s problem with the burst damage attribute being completely useless.

I get what you’re saying though since discipline is more of an offensive tree but its also a burst based tree so it might fit :/

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

I think the OP won’t stop creating warrior suggestion threads until they can have 30k HP, 4000 armor, 1000 hp/sec regen with 150% crit damage and 1 shot every other class.

Aside from a few bugs, some useless skills and concepts that don’t really make sense trait wise that could be tweaked (not totally reworked) the warriors are in a good place WvW, PvE wise. But then again, most classes have their issues.

sPvP it is a different story, but half of the issue can be solved if they would allow you to have different stats on armor and trinkets instead of choosing 1 trinket which forces you into all-and-nothing type builds.

Perhaps, but I just think the OP is focused on the hole that Omnomberry Pies left and is trying to fill it. It’s a fruitless (PUN!!) endeavor but I can see the need for more varied builds for the profession. I mean, go look at the Mesmer subforums. So many threads patting each other on the back, scouring unique builds and alternative tricks to beat other classes and such. Few have what Mesmers have but I feel that should change.

Where Daecollo sees the need for Warriors to be able to sustain for long duration fights, the problem I see with Warrior is how predictable they can be. Once you know what weapons they’re using, you can begin to anticipate their tactics. If you’re able to put them on the defensive, the Warrior is left with their wit and raw survival. That’s why I still think the key might be in diversifying the burst skills.

Whether it goes into the defence tree or the discipline tree doesnt really effect me personally since I use a 0/20/30/0/20 build. I just feel like putting it in the discipline tree would also fix it’s problem with the burst damage attribute being completely useless.

I get what you’re saying though since discipline is more of an offensive tree but its also a burst based tree so it might fit :/

-Shrug-

Yeah it has its logic, but I feel it’s going down the same road as Omnomberry Pie, rewarding zerker crit builds rather than builds that actually aimed to be survivable. Just my opinion…

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Perhaps, but I just think the OP is focused on the hole that Omnomberry Pies left and is trying to fill it. It’s a fruitless (PUN!!) endeavor but I can see the need for more varied builds for the profession. I mean, go look at the Mesmer subforums. So many threads patting each other on the back, scouring unique builds and alternative tricks to beat other classes and such. Few have what Mesmers have but I feel that should change.

Where Daecollo sees the need for Warriors to be able to sustain for long duration fights, the problem I see with Warrior is how predictable they can be. Once you know what weapons they’re using, you can begin to anticipate their tactics. If you’re able to put them on the defensive, the Warrior is left with their wit and raw survival. That’s why I still think the key might be in diversifying the burst skills.

-Shrug-

Yeah it has its logic, but I feel it’s going down the same road as Omnomberry Pie, rewarding zerker crit builds rather than builds that actually aimed to be survivable. Just my opinion…

Its not really rewarding critical builds because the variety for it just isn’t there, the problem with it is the strikes and the fact you lose so much damage and critical from not having full adrenaline, it actually hurts crit builds.

Your losing “Berserker’s Power/Heightened Focus.”

For hardcore zerker warriors, thats life/death.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

Its not really rewarding critical builds because the variety for it just isn’t there, the problem with it is the strikes and the fact you lose so much damage and critical from not having full adrenaline, it actually hurts crit builds.

Your losing “Berserker’s Power/Heightened Focus.”

For hardcore zerker warriors, thats life/death.

I’m talking about basically handing over healing bursts to zerker builds that reallocate 10 extra trait points over to Discipline. Likely, the full offense warriors have 10-20 in strength, 20-30 in arms and 20 in Discipline.

I’m just saying, if you want to have sustain, you should probably be dipping in the proper trait-line for it which would be Defense.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Zerker builds would be going all offensive, if your dipping points into those other traits, he would no longer be a zerker or glass cannon.

It would also be 15 points, and they would need to pick up the other traits to make more adrenal strikes on critical as well, this would mean giving up a lot of DPS.

Your looking at a 30-40% DPS loss from traits alone.

You “could” get survivability like you had before, but to be fair, your not going to be a zerker OR a glass cannon. Its impossible.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcR9wpp9MG9mo
This is the typical Greatsword Zerker Warrior build.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcR9ixf9mq
This is pretty much what you need to get “half the benefit.” of what Omnom’s used to give. You have 25 points left, either way your giving up a crapload of DPS, because your going to have to be constantly be draining your adrenaline, and your missing traits from not having slashing power, OR your missing perma fury/swiftness/might from not having signet -20% duration.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

What are you even talking about? Don’t even know why you’re quoting me because you’re not talking about anything in the quote.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Agreed. When I was suggesting the idea I figured it would be a Defensive tree trait, something to supplement and compliment adrenal health (IE: Defensive tree gives us more defense/sustain).

As for the burst skill recharge rate I honestly feel that should replace the kitten stupid 3% burst damage “buff” in the disc tree. I mean, really? A whole whopping 3% damage? Pfft. Rather have it removed and replaced with “Burst skills recharge .1 second faster per point” Meaning a 3 second burst skill recharge rate at 30 points, 2 seconds at 20, etc. I feel that would be far more useful overall to the warrior class than the measly 3% damage increase.

(Also: Mobile strikes now removes crippled and chilled too… kitten do it already ANet)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I agree, but it makes me pretty sad that not only does 30 points in the Vitality Tree give more sustain, it also gives more group support and damage as well.

In that sense, the defense tree is not balanced and pretty much weaker then every other Warrior tree. It needs an improvement, badly.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

It doesn’t really matter where it goes. The Disc tree is about manipulation of adrenaline and about burst skills. Defense is about enduring damage. Either fits for gaining health on burst IMO, but it probably shouldn’t be a 30-point trait.

But Disc is broken in that the passive 3% is worthless, while a burst cooldown reduction in the tree that allows for extra adrenaline gain is a good thing. So getting rid of Quick Bursts leaves room for another trait.

Adrenal Health is perfect, aside from it’s lack of scaling with healing power. It’s low-ish in the tree, and works with the playstyle of holding adrenaline. I don’t think we want to remove a playstyle, we want to add some benefit to bursting often.

And now going waaaay back to the OP’s description, that’s just too much health gain (100 points/strike+healing power scaling), whether you get it as you gain adrenaline or expend it. That’s 3000 healing every 10 (8) seconds with good adrenaline management, making it better than a main heal skill.

Adrenal Health Idea.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

It doesn’t really matter where it goes. The Disc tree is about manipulation of adrenaline and about burst skills. Defense is about enduring damage. Either fits for gaining health on burst IMO, but it probably shouldn’t be a 30-point trait.

But Disc is broken in that the passive 3% is worthless, while a burst cooldown reduction in the tree that allows for extra adrenaline gain is a good thing. So getting rid of Quick Bursts leaves room for another trait.

Adrenal Health is perfect, aside from it’s lack of scaling with healing power. It’s low-ish in the tree, and works with the playstyle of holding adrenaline. I don’t think we want to remove a playstyle, we want to add some benefit to bursting often.

And now going waaaay back to the OP’s description, that’s just too much health gain (100 points/strike+healing power scaling), whether you get it as you gain adrenaline or expend it. That’s 3000 healing every 10 (8) seconds with good adrenaline management, making it better than a main heal skill.

Explain how that works, because in my world, people actually avoid your attacks and use things to block them as well, or move away and kite you, and some attacks are slower and faster then others.

Explain your build, your weapons. And what happens if your burst misses, or is blocked, or is dodged? thats 10 seconds you have to wait again to heal.

How is it better? Its completely skill based.

And the fact that its capped at 3000 healing every 10 seconds makes it all the better, and balanced.

Yes, in a perfect world where people stand in your attacks, you may gain that much HP, but this isn’t a perfect world, and unless you outwit your opponent and your opponent is stupid and takes everything you throw at him (in this case, you deserve the healing, you earned it.) You will not have that kind of healing, sorry.

I mean, in case of Greatsword (the most popular weapon!) as an example, you may be able to get that if multiple people stand perfectly still in hundred blades…

However, I believe gaining 30 strikes of adrenaline in less then 10 seconds would be kind of hard, I mean a dodge roll alone takes 2-3 seconds, and its not like everyone just stands still…