Adrenal Health change

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Let’s play a game. Which skills are passive and which ones are active.

Ready kiddos?

Natural Vigor: 20% Endurance Regeneration

vs.

Thick Skin: Bonus toughness above hp threshold

vs.

Adrenal Health: Hitting an enemy with F1 in order to activate a regen effect.

Take your time. I know it’s hard.

They are all passive imo. For the first two traits you don’t have to do anything and for the third trait you have to hit one skill to get a passive effect over 15 seconds.

EVERYONE also considered the scrapper heal-trait passive allthough you had to do actively something for it. It’s basically exactly the same.
Just accept that there are people with different opinions.

Take your time. I know it’s hard to read before typing full of anger

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Ready kiddos?

vs.

vs.

They are all passive imo.
EVERYONE also considered the scrapper heal-trait passive allthough you had to do actively something for it. Just accept that there are people with different opinions.

Take your time. I know it’s hard to read before typing full of anger.

You don’t get to change the definition of a word just because you don’t agree with the actual one.

Again, how would you give War better sustain via traits without tying it to Bursts?

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

yah
too bad that warriors main weakness is blind, good thing that you have hit i too do not see where there might be a problem
/sarcasm off

Everyone’s weakness is blind, that’s neither new or alarming. It’s just another reason that one has to approach AH from a different perspective than it being a passive… it’s not anymore… it’s a HOT that procs on burst hit. It procs passively, but that’s not the same thing as being a passive.

If you’re so worried about blind, there’s this AMAZING visual queue that tells you you’ve been blinded… so when that happens hit your AA and then burst. Might take some practice, but part of playing a game is learning how to play. /sarcasm off.

~EW

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I honestly don’t understand the complaints here.

Some people are mad because they think it’s too easy to get, others are mad because they think it’s not easy enough. Some people don’t like that it’s on the defense line, others because it somehow interferes with their pet concept of a warrior.

It’s a non-intrusive healing buff to a line most warriors are running anyway, that required no trait change so leaving most builds intact, that requires you to succeed at something you should be trying to do anyway (land your bursts), and in the context of most other classes otherwise having much more healing/sustainability.

Also, dominik, you said you have to land one burst to get 500 health/s…. I may be wrong, but isn’t it 2500 health over 15s for each landed burst (max 3 stacks)? That requires maintaining a land-rate of 3 bursts every 15s in order to get 500 health/s, which means landing two bursts on one set off cd, plus one on your alt set, assuming you aren’t in Berserker State. That’s not a low bar to get that max healing.

And if you ARE running Berserker, sure, it’s easier to get those three bursts off than vanilla while in the state. But Berserkers aren’t going to be using their bursts much outside of Berserker state, so it kind of balances out.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

yah
too bad that warriors main weakness is blind, good thing that you have hit i too do not see where there might be a problem
/sarcasm off

Everyone’s weakness is blind, that’s neither new or alarming. It’s just another reason that one has to approach AH from a different perspective than it being a passive… it’s not anymore… it’s a HOT that procs on burst hit. It procs passively, but that’s not the same thing as being a passive.

If you’re so worried about blind, there’s this AMAZING visual queue that tells you you’ve been blinded… so when that happens hit your AA and then burst. Might take some practice, but part of playing a game is learning how to play. /sarcasm off.

~EW

remarkable how every complaint get some sort of l2p answer, do not even bother to condecent your crab any more i am out see you guys in 4 months

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

EphemeralWallaby.7643

@Choppy: you get 1 stack per bar of adrenaline spent… so if your adrenaline is maxed, you get all 3 stacks of AH when you land your burst. In berzerk mode, a single full bar of berzerk counts as 3 stacks of adrenaline for AH (this has been stated on the wiki for the previous AH, though hasn’t been updated with the new patch changes). So, even if you miss with one burst, in 5 sec you’ve got another shot at a full 3 stacks. So in or out of bezerk mode, it’s fairly easy to keep 3 stacks of AH up.

~EW

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

EphemeralWallaby.7643

remarkable how every complaint get some sort of l2p answer, do not even bother to condecent your crab any more i am out see you guys in 4 months

Any significant change to a trait or skill requires a period of adjustment… so, yeah, it comes down to RE-learn to play. Once you’ve given it a good go, then your complaints might have some validity.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

@Choppy: you get 1 stack per bar of adrenaline spent… so if your adrenaline is maxed, you get all 3 stacks of AH when you land your burst. In berzerk mode, a single full bar of berzerk counts as 3 stacks of adrenaline for AH (this has been stated on the wiki for the previous AH, though hasn’t been updated with the new patch changes). So, even if you miss with one burst, in 5 sec you’ve got another shot at a full 3 stacks. So in or out of bezerk mode, it’s fairly easy to keep 3 stacks of AH up.

~EW

Ah gotcha, yeah, that’s an easy bar to reach. With several chances in that 15s even if you miss once or twice. I’m still good with it though, tbh.

To the person having trouble with being blinded, if you can’t clear it with an auto, Berserker Stance is probably the best blind immunity skill in the game. If that’s not off cd, using Healing Signet certainly seems like a self-defeating way to deal with the blind in this case, so waiting it out while swinging autos, getting out of the field, etc.

The only real cost blind incurs is a short delay (if you notice it and act accordingly), or a large delay due to losing your adrenaline because you didn’t notice. But you have a 15s window, so it isn’t that bad.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Ready kiddos?

vs.

vs.

EVERYONE also considered the scrapper heal-trait passive allthough you had to do actively something for it. Just accept that there are people with different opinions.

You don’t get to change the definition of a word just because you don’t agree with the actual one.

Again, how would you give War better sustain via traits without tying it to Bursts?

I don’t really care about any definition you may have found on wiki or somewhere else. I just replied to you because imo this trait is as passive as other traits that are considered passive by the big crowd.

I also didn’t say that I’m not fine with the idea providing heal via bursts. I just said that it is basically the same passive powercreep like other classes got.

Grimkram [sS]

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

IDk why people are complaining about this change.

Last night I played and I didn’t see a Necro and was like “oh god… not another reaper” and dreaded the fights. I fought most classes last night and it was really fun. Now that Warriors have a lot more sustain, we are more back to “dancing” rather than “hope I land my burst otherwise I’m ef’ed”.

Overall, it feels better, so I am down with the current state of the game atm. At least, until some min maxers find some other OP boring carry me builds to fight against again.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I’m rather curious how many are using the new AH as a Beserker versus a core Warrior.

In all honesty, it works for some weapons. Clearly longbow since it ‘never misses’ and others have varied success.

Beserkers can use Burst more frequently and ALWAYS get the max benefit (3 bars) upon landing a burst. With skills that also tend to fire more quickly and reliably.
So naturally this helps them in that regard.

But running it with core, I feel Rifle, Hammer and Mace (and perhaps a few others) suffer quite a bit from this change. Rather than playing defensively waiting for opportune moments for an opening whilst your adrenaline is full, providing you a bit of extra healing to make your move, you now have to “use it or lose it” to survive.

Slow weapons like those tend to be poor in building adrenaline without other aids and with rifle, not only are you laughably telegraphed, stationary but also easy to negate. Others simply suffer range, terrain or other issues for a missed burst.

In my opinion it just promotes more spammy behavior even if its not ideal. Great for Beserkers, poor for most core Warrior weapons.

Duty is heavier than death.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

@Talonblaze
I don’t know… I mean, I’m able to hit a full burst in 15s no matter which weapon set I use, including all of the ones you mentioned, and I run vanilla. It’s not a very high bar to hit, tbh, and the 15s window means you don’t have to spam bursts off cd if you don’t want to.

Also, don’t forget about the traits and skills that help with adren generation.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It’s kinda like cleansing ire in that it works best with LB

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Nefariae.7628

Nefariae.7628

Ready kiddos?

vs.

vs.

Just out of curiosity, would a trait that increases your damage by 5% be an active trait?

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I’m really baffled how we’re still arguing the definition of active versus passive.

Mind boggling, puzzling, and very very concerning.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Is it just me or does Adrenal health not work with healing signet?!

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Healing signet (All signets actually) is bugged. if you pop it the passive will not turn back on.

On another note. The new adrenal health is awesome. For those of you who want all three stacks at once, you are missing the point. you don’t have to wait for tier 3 to burst. you can build the stacks over time. also, i’ve mentioned this before but there are a ton of ways to get adrenaline maxed quickly. and berserker makes it even better.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Ready kiddos?

vs.

vs.

I don’t really care about any definition you may have found on wiki or somewhere else. I just replied to you because imo this trait is as passive as other traits that are considered passive by the big crowd.

That’s all well and good, but opinions can be wrong. Just because you state something is an opinion, it doesn’t mean you can’t be factually wrong. I can say that water freezes at 50 degrees Celsius, but stating that it’s just my opinion doesn’t somehow make my argument even remotely worthy of consideration. You guys are arguing over a definition. This isn’t opinion based. There’s no grey area. Is this a trait that triggers due to player input? Yes, so it’s not passive.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

This is way too much sustain crammed into one godly and now mandatory MINOR trait. Why can’t there be viable sustain options spread more evenly in the trait lines? Besides, a trait this good should happen at the Major tier, where opportunity cost occurs. I am just frustrated that this even made it out of internal testing…

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

This is way too much sustain crammed into one godly and now mandatory MINOR trait. Why can’t there be viable sustain options spread more evenly in the trait lines? Besides, a trait this good should happen at the Major tier, where opportunity cost occurs. I am just frustrated that this even made it out of internal testing…

Is it though? I mean, do you think a warrior with this is even close to top of the heap in terms of sustain? Because it really isn’t… It’s a nice buff that needs field testing.

And it’s not mandatory if you can get by without it. We’ve been able to get by with warrior in most game modes without it until yesterday, and now we have to see how we do with it in light of all the other changes.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Someone is in denial

Attachments:

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

This is a pretty big buff to sustain with this patch. Add some toughness and it takes good hard focus to bring you down. assuming you run out of things like Endure Pain, Shield Stance, Etc. Old Adrenal Health used to tick once every 3s based on how full Adrenaline was, now it ticks every second. When you land a burst skill. Old AH used to conflict with Cleansing Ire, as in you trade your passive sustain for condi clear, now you get to have both, and keep it up consistently.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I’m thinking about taking CI now, but can’t decide.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I cant decide what build period

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

At this rate though I’m expecting it might get a minor shaving before S3 starts, just because max stacks give about on par or slightly greater numbers when compared to Healing Signet, so effectively it’s another healing signet, and since everyone runs Berserker It’s going to be easy to upkeep AH since a 10 Adren bar in Zerker mode counts as 30, and CDs are short enough where they can be sorta spammable.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Julius Seizure.4985

Is it though? I mean, do you think a warrior with this is even close to top of the heap in terms of sustain? Because it really isn’t… It’s a nice buff that needs field testing.

And it’s not mandatory if you can get by without it. We’ve been able to get by with warrior in most game modes without it until yesterday, and now we have to see how we do with it in light of all the other changes.

My point is that the Warrior clearly needs sustain. However, a 500+ HP/s passive heal as a minor trait is better than almost every Master tier Major trait in the game. Warrior clearly needs sustain, but too much of it was granted to this ONE minor trait when it should have been spread out to other revamped traits and placed in multiple trait lines.

(edited by Julius Seizure.4985)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

i don’t understand how people can be unhappy with this change lol, adrenal health used to be an absolutely crappy 120hps ASSUMING full adrenaline at all times, not only that it just flat out didn’t work with berserker because there’s only 0 adrenaline and "3 bar’s worth ā€ binary adrenaline state so unless you didn’t use the primal at all you literally never benefited from adrenal health.

Ignoring everything about the efficacy of the new version at the very least it’s ACTUALLY SYNERGETIC with the warrior class as a whole and marks the removal of the final trait that disincentivized you to use your adrenaline

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Julius Seizure.4985

I agree that the new set up is much better mechanically. I don’t agree with the value of the heal, and the fact that almost all of our newfound sustain was crammed in one minor trait in a trait line that was already too mandatory in PvP.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Reading through this thread, I’m just thinking “is it really that hard to land at least a tier one burst every fifteen seconds?”

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

throw in 3 shouts and you have another 5k(ish) every 15 secs
i’m even using dolyak runes in my build, for teh lulz XD

You may be laughing but i’ve been using dolyak runes ever since shoutbow got destroyed. Paired with mango pie and all the warrior stuffz its still SOME regen. Also using healing power weapons on mace / shield to increase it further. Noticed a nice survivability buff with my cavalier build, last night i could take on 2-3 enemies at a time and mostly come out on top (we are playing vs germans and their roamers quality is kinda low – but still). Seems viable reg against non-burst chars now.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

Healing Signet seemed to not work at all last night when I checked. I only got the healing from the new Adrenal in the combat log.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Ready kiddos?

vs.

vs.

That’s all well and good, but opinions can be wrong. Just because you state something is an opinion, it doesn’t mean you can’t be factually wrong. I can say that water freezes at 50 degrees Celsius, but stating that it’s just my opinion doesn’t somehow make my argument even remotely worthy of consideration. You guys are arguing over a definition. This isn’t opinion based. There’s no grey area. Is this a trait that triggers due to player input? Yes, so it’s not passive.

Well as I said you can consider it passive or active its up to you. But then has the scrapper trait and the necro transfer trait also to be considered active.
But people complained exactly about those traits for being passive and the warrior trait is from the design basically exactly the same -thats all I did say.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Those traits are both – passive side-effects of active actions.

Hitting burst-skills is usually something, warriors want to do anyways. Now they gain additional benefits from doing so, without additional effort.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Funny things for me is to realize how much buff they added to warrior’s healing ability to be barely able to sustain himself since HOT released.

Heiann – NSP

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I didn’t deny that you actively have to do sth for it. Not sure if you even read my post.

As I said, for the necro transfer trait you also have to do ACTIVELY a critical attack and the scrapper had to get ACTIVELY superspeed and swiftness for his heal-trait – still everyone – me included- considers this passive and not active.

Idk what’s so hard to understand that there are people outside who don’t consider everything active only because you have to press one botton for it.

A trait that heals you for 15 seconds about 500hp each second passively for using one skill once is in my opinion more passive than active – deal with it that there are opinions which are different from yours.

You ACTIVELY have to hit with an attack to PASSIVELY get the damage from it. I ACTIVELY use my heal skill to PASSIVELY get 10k plus change in healing. I ACTIVELY turn on the game to PASSIVELY play it. Everybody agrees with this, me included.

Idk what’s so hard to understand that there are people outside who don’t consider that what they’re trying to describe as passive is actually called a “heal over time” which has nothing to do with being an active out passive skill even if you get all that benefit over 15s.

A trait that heals you for 15 seconds about 500hp each second passively for using one skill once is in my opinion more getting a benefit over time than being incorrectly termed “passive” – deal with it that there is terminology which is likely more accepted than yours.

Fishsticks

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Idk what’s so hard to understand…

You seem to be one having problems understanding, just because you press a button it doesn’t stop something from being a very passive sort of gameplay.

If AH had it’s own skill on a say 60 sec so your next f1 triggered it after that, then that what be more active, the player would have to make a very concious decision
when is the best time to use it, as it is players can just ignore it and it is just something that happens as part of your normal course of play, very passive gameplay which basically plays the game for you, which I guess may be “good design” in a casual MMO in that helps not so good players, but it is a fine example of why this game is not considered very skilled.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

This is way too much sustain crammed into one godly and now mandatory MINOR trait
a trait this good should happen at the Major tier

OK

Look at chronomancer’s “Time Marches On” its basically 2 Major warrior traits combined into to a MINOR godly trait.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

i cant believe that warriors get a buff and people cry about it

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: warherox.7943

warherox.7943

With the amount of blinds, blocks, dodges/evasions, invulnerable and reflects (in the case of rifle) going about still, landing hits solid is not all that easy and has been a sore spot for Warrior ever since the Cleansing Ire change.

That’s why this game is a team game, and you can have teammates stun/immobilize and set up big hits.

Doctor Beetus – Burst Engi Maguuma
twitch.tv/doctorbeetus

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I agree that the new set up is much better mechanically. I don’t agree with the value of the heal, and the fact that almost all of our newfound sustain was crammed in one minor trait in a trait line that was already too mandatory in PvP.

Keep repeating yourself..

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

dominik.9721

I didn’t deny that you actively have to do sth for it. Not sure if you even read my post.

As I said, for the necro transfer trait you also have to do ACTIVELY a critical attack and the scrapper had to get ACTIVELY superspeed and swiftness for his heal-trait – still everyone – me included- considers this passive and not active.

Idk what’s so hard to understand that there are people outside who don’t consider everything active only because you have to press one botton for it.

A trait that heals you for 15 seconds about 500hp each second passively for using one skill once is in my opinion more passive than active – deal with it that there are opinions which are different from yours.

You ACTIVELY have to hit with an attack to PASSIVELY get the damage from it. I ACTIVELY use my heal skill to PASSIVELY get 10k plus change in healing. I ACTIVELY turn on the game to PASSIVELY play it. Everybody agrees with this, me included.

Idk what’s so hard to understand that there are people outside who don’t consider that what they’re trying to describe as passive is actually called a “heal over time” which has nothing to do with being an active out passive skill even if you get all that benefit over 15s.

A trait that heals you for 15 seconds about 500hp each second passively for using one skill once is in my opinion more getting a benefit over time than being incorrectly termed “passive” – deal with it that there is terminology which is likely more accepted than yours.

I did understand it the first time why you think it is active, I’m not disabled or something. You guys just don’t read.

The Scrapper has to get ACTIVELY swiftness and superspeed for his heal trait and the Necromancer has to make ACTIVELY a critical attack for his transfer trait.
EVERYBODY complained about those traits because it is a bad passive design.
And I am one of those persons who consider these traits rather passive than active because they provide a huge passive effect for a minimal action.

It is fine that you think otherwise ,everyone is allowed to have his own opinion about things. This isn’t science or something where only one result is correct.
So feel free to call the warrior trait a good active desing but then are the other traits which everyone complained about also active and not passive.

I would really appreciate it if you guys would read because then I am not in the need to repeat myself dozen of times.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I did understand it the first time why you think it is active, I’m not disabled or something. You guys just don’t read.

The Scrapper has to get ACTIVELY swiftness and superspeed for his heal trait and the Necromancer has to make ACTIVELY a critical attack for his transfer trait.
EVERYBODY complained about those traits because it is a bad passive design.
And I am one of those persons who consider these traits rather passive than active because they provide a huge passive effect for a minimal action.

It is fine that you think otherwise ,everyone is allowed to have his own opinion about things. This isn’t science or something where only one result is correct.
So feel free to call the warrior trait a good active desing but then are the other traits which everyone complained about also active and not passive.

I would really appreciate it if you guys would read because then I am not in the need to repeat myself dozen of times.

all the things you Mention are MANAGED by the Player somthing passive is a Non-skill Ability which happens Regardless if you Activate or use skill to gain a effect.

the Ultimate Passive would be somthing like us Rangers getting quickdraw Every 9seconds without Weapon swap as we would do nothing to gain that effect (that is the Definition of Passive!)

somthing a player has to Manage isn’t a passive effect , i see the Adrenal health changes from a Rangers point of view as a Bonus to warroirs less passive more active play , the whole reason why Healing signet / Adrenal health in the past got Nurfed was because it was passive and at that time 3 bars of Adrenline was very very very easy to keep at 100% all the time meaning near 1k healing all the time , now its Up to the player to Manage his HP through smart use of skills/play.

with how they have set up Adrelinal health now , just means they will have more Balance control over Warroir health sustain they can increase it or decrease it depending on how well a warroirs skill set is or how often it hits ect its a much better system to manage.

you clearly have no understanding of definitions nor passive uses.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Another one who didn’t read.
If you consider the warrior trait, the scrapper trait and the necro trait active then feel free to do it.
I don’t.

I consider a trait that provides a huge passive effect for a minimal action passive not active. I don’t consider something active only because you had to press a botton for it.
Just deal with it that there are people who don’t consider it active, what’s so hard on that?

When people said that the necromancer trait and scrapper trait were passive nobody replied that according to some definition of the word ‘passive’ it actually would be active – who cares…

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Healing Signet seemed to not work at all last night when I checked. I only got the healing from the new Adrenal in the combat log.

Depending on when your night time is, you were probably experiencing the signet bug in which the passive effects on signets wasn’t coming back if you used the active.

Yesterday’s patch fixed that though. So if you weren’t getting the healing from HS after the patch, you should probably report it.

As for this bizarre debate about whether the effect is passive or active, it really is beside the point. Yes, people regularly complain about all of the passive stuff going on gw2, but is something that’s basically passive inherently bad? No. Is something active inherently good? No.

The only things that matter for this change are:

1. Does it help address the warrior sustain problem everyone acknowledges?
  2. Does it go too far or not far enough?

The answer to the first question is obviously yes. The answer to the second question will become clearer over the course of the next quarter as it, and all the other changes, see some play time and people make build/class decisions accordingly.

It seems patently obvious to me that warrior’s don’t have excessive sustain with this trait. Whether it’s enough to improve the class’ value and esteem in pvp remains to be seen.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I’m still getting ripped apart by necro condis, lol. Now all that chill/bleed just stacks on one another. Who said this was a nerf? lol

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

the build up is a bit slower and i guess thiefs got a slight advantage because of bleeding.
But it can stack up heavier and now you canĀ“t mitigate it with – chill duration or like ele with chill + burn removal by dodge. This was not a real nerf…

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Mashedwarf.8235

Mashedwarf.8235

If you consider the warrior trait, the scrapper trait and the necro trait active then feel free to do it.
I don’t.

Then you are wrong.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

dominik.9721

No it is not wrong, it is my decision to consider sth. passive. And a trait that provides passive 7,5k heal over 15 seconds for a minimal action is in my eyes passive not active.
This isn’t science where I say 1+1 is not 2.

Grimkram [sS]

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Posted by: Mashedwarf.8235

Mashedwarf.8235

No it is not wrong, it is my decision to consider sth. passive. And a trait that provides passive 7,5k heal over 15 seconds for a minimal action is in my eyes passive not active.

Nope. Wrong.

Adrenal Health change

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I think we are all aware even basic math eludes you. You can argue the differences between the two until you’re blue in the face.

For example, if I actively punch you in the face, and knock your teeth out, the active action is me punching you, the result is you missing teeth and drinking through a straw. There is always an effect resulting from an action.

I’m glad we can finally conclude this.