Adrenaline degen speed is to high !

in Warrior

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

Adrenaline degenerates way way to fast, tone it down a little will yah please !
or at least allow us to start at 50% adrenaline, not having any adrenaline at the start of a fight kitten a bunch of skills that use adrenaline, which used to be great fight openers, now sadly useless !

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

in Warrior

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

It does degenerate extremely fast.

in Warrior

Posted by: Huggybear.9237

Huggybear.9237

We just have to live with it. The more buffs we ask the more nerfs we get.

Berserker stance is a good clash starter. Condition immunity plus adrenaline.

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

speed should be halved imo

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueStab.6325

BlueStab.6325

Adrenaline degenerates nerfs the passive skills of those which depends on how much adrenaline you have. Now these passives are worthless, at least not good as before.

Adrenaline degenerate speed don’t need to reduce but the effect of these passives should be buff!

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I too think they maybe went a bit overboard with the adrenaline decay changes they put in awhile back.

I do like that a warrior can’t just hold on to their adrenaline for a long time out of combat, but even a few seconds out of combat will drain a large portion of adrenaline that may have taken much more than a few seconds to build.

I wouldn’t mind the speed being toned down a bit, but I’d also like the decay to initiate after a small delay once combat is dropped, rather than immediately. Say, like somewhere in the realm of 5-10 seconds. With the current state, long cooldown skills such as berserker stance can be wasted if your opponent chooses to immediately blink away to drop combat and immediately blink back to re-engage. If there was a short delay implemented, it would at least help prevent that sort of situation, while also preventing the warrior from simply carrying their adrenaline around everywhere they went.

It can also be annoying in PvE when you’re on your way to fight another mob, but the few seconds in between getting to that mob and killing the first expends all of your adrenaline. But that’s more of a minor issue since it’s just PvE.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Adrenaline change hurts Mace and Hammer the most considering those weapons really slowly built adrenaline in the first place.

Those weapons specifically need a faster way to build adrenaline in all honesty.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

I think its just fine…Same as your health going back to 100% in seconds when you leave combat but you dont see anyone complaining about that now do you?

i dont think we should automatically start with any adrenaline.
The point of adrenaline is that you build it up as you fight during battle, and loose it when you are out of combat.

there are plenty of ways to get more adrenaline but people ignore it completely for other utility that lets them increase their full zerker glass cannon builds…

The basic way of geting adrenaline is to hit stuff. Most if not all skills cleave,some even hit multiple times. Cleaving trough 3 targets with Axe 2 and 1 auto attack chain will grant you 24 adrenaline points..which is almost full addrenaline bar.

Its normal to gain adrenaline slower when fighting 1 mob at a time..but in those scenarios you dont even need burst skills since that 1 target just drops like a fly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I think adrenaline should only decline to 50% out of combat like how the new Revenant has it. This is the best compromise. You still need to build adrenaline to maximize your burst at the same time you don’t lose everything you work for.

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I think adrenaline should only decline to 50% out of combat like how the new Revenant has it. This is the best compromise. You still need to build adrenaline to maximize your burst at the same time you don’t lose everything you work for.

this would be ideal

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

My thoughts on Adrenaline: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Communicating-with-you/page/33#post4426463

TL;DR: It needs an overhaul. Bandaid fix would be to slow the decay rate to about 1/3rd of the current rate.

in Warrior

Doon.2364

this would be ideal

Hopefully this suggestion can reach the dev.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

It’s fine imo. It really fits the profession well: you’re not supposed to arrive in a fight with Adrenaline built up. You’re supposed to gradually enrage, and liberate all this rage in one burst. As soon as your enemy is dead, there is no reason for you to still keep your adrenaline level up.

in Warrior

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

I have to agree….I hope anet looks into this. Its difficult to gain it with a hammer and then all is gone in a couple of seconds. No problem if its an axe and traited for it…..but traiting for hammer, its difficult.

in Warrior

Doon.2364

It’s fine imo. It really fits the profession well: you’re not supposed to arrive in a fight with Adrenaline built up. You’re supposed to gradually enrage, and liberate all this rage in one burst. As soon as your enemy is dead, there is no reason for you to still keep your adrenaline level up.

But that’s not exactly how it is. When you are in the middle of a big combat with lots of enemies around, you still get “out of combat” which causes you to lose all your adrenaline in seconds. This has been a big complaint since the change. So does it make sense that a warrior in the mist of battle losing all his adrenaline when there are more than one enemies to slay? You are not relax just because your first foe dies. The battle isn’t over but your adrenaline is gone. That’s why many here suggested that the adrenaline decay have a grace period say 10 seconds before it starts to go away so you have a few seconds to go tag another enemy to remain in combat and not lose all that you build up.

I think the compromise solution is to limit reduce adrenaline out of combat down to 50% like how the Revenant energy when he goes out of combat is 50%. However, if the warrior leaves the map or log off, his adrenaline goes back to 0%. This will retain your idea that warriors doesn’t arrive into a fight with adrenaline while also not screw those warriors who are fighting in team battles and punish them for finishing off one foe or if his target retreats back into his group causing you to lose all your adrenaline cuz he ran out of combat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

snip

EXACTLY this.

All the time I suddenly lose adrenaline while:

On the outer edge of a huge fight, having just executed an opponent yet still surrounded by dozens of foes and heated battle

Furiously chasing after a fleeing opponent to cleave him in half!

During WvW sieges, as fire rains from the sky all around me, after dodging backwards to avoid being crushed beneath the weight of a gigantic boulder or impaled by a volley arrows!

ANet: ADD BACK IN A GRACE PERIOD BEFORE ADRENALINE DECAYS

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

I don’t think it’d feel that great if we went back to a delayed adren decay rate. Right now building it feels tactile and meaningful during that initial phase of combat (Do I pop my shouts or Healing Surge early to get that initial burst on them?). For those niche situations in WvW if you are running with a zerg and you get out of combat, you’re probably winning, right? Your homies should be backing you up with enough support so that if you’re hammer training you should be safe enough to pop berserker stance at the start of any engagement with no worries.

in Warrior

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

i agree, Adrenaline degen speed is to high

it should just stay up for 5s or 10s.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I agree, it degenerates really fast. Should stay if your character is in combat.

This is a warriors bread and butter.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Warrior

Posted by: John.4879

John.4879

Good points… if the entire game was grinding hearts and doing open world PVE

The basic way of geting adrenaline is to hit stuff. Most if not all skills cleave,some even hit multiple times. Cleaving trough 3 targets with Axe 2 and 1 auto attack chain will grant you 24 adrenaline points..which is almost full addrenaline bar.

Its normal to gain adrenaline slower when fighting 1 mob at a time..but in those scenarios you dont even need burst skills since that 1 target just drops like a fly.

Tarnished Coast – Warrior WvW Commander and Zergling

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

Increased adrenaline retention could even be incorporated into Thrill of the Kill, warriors desperately need more incentives to trait into Discipline.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I still don’t understand why they made the adrenaline changes. They fixed most of the traits that a lot of builds were using to stack all of the extra passive damage, why also nerf adrenaline.

Sure we have plenty of ways to gain adrenaline either,

Directly:
SoR passive (really could use a buff, especially after they nerfed the active)
Sig of Fury
Zerker Stance (still the best utility before HoT, I may switch back to Fury when this changes to giving a rippable boon :/)
Zerker’s Might
Short Temper
Furious (still very angry that this was stealth nerfed and never addressed, and never brought back up after the adrenaline changes)
Cleansing Ire
Versatile Rage
Burst Mastery
Sharpened Axes
Inspiring Shouts
Thrill of the Kill

Or Indirectly:
Frenzy, Last Chance, Dual Wield Agility (Faster attack speed/skill activation)
Fast Hands & any other trait that reduces recharge on any of the above

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a bit ridiculous how quickly it drains. If you’re low on life and at max adrenaline, you’ll run out of adrenaline before you fully heal, it’s happened to me multiple times in PvP and is very annoying to have to start a fight with no adrenaline and not at full hp.

This is our class mechanic, and we’re the only ones treated this way.
How would necros feel if they lost their Death Shroud pool when not in combat?
If thieves could only gain initiative while in combat?
If eles/engis/mes/guards only had their cd’s happen while in combat?
Mostly just the first two points, but now we also have the Rev, who will always rest at 50% eng, plus go back to 50% on Leg swap (and I bet his class trait will either increase his total pool or more likely increase his passive regen, and maybe even a +eng trait on swap).

Other classes either don’t lose anything when being OoC (necros) or just gain advantage (everyone else), we are the only ones that get penalized.

in Warrior

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

There are many reasons and if we are going to get all “logical”… warrior in huge battle kills first enemy before getting full adrenaline, runs 10 feet to next one and adrenaline is gone before they get there. Warrior chasing thief that manages to get ooc for a second, poof no more adrenaline. That makes no sense. Also makes rifle a joke in any situation, not that it wasn’t already. As if that wasn’t enough most warrior bursts are quite telegraphed and war will lose all adrenaline, when they miss. I think curbing adrenaline drop and keeping one bar between is a fair compromise as well as only losing a third or half for a missed burst. This is the reason every warrior will be running longbow, because you are not severly punished for other players dodging something obvious that they should be trying to dodge.

Right now adrenaline feels like a broken class mechanic compared to what it could be if implemented well. Personally I can’t wait for warrior specializarion so we can maybe get something fun to use. RIP adrenaline, I won’t miss you or burst skills.

(edited by hazenvirus.8154)

in Warrior

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

+1 The adenaline decay nerf was too severe.

But that doesn’t change the fact that it’s still a bit ridiculous how quickly it drains. If you’re low on life and at max adrenaline, you’ll run out of adrenaline before you fully heal, it’s happened to me multiple times in PvP and is very annoying to have to start a fight with no adrenaline and not at full hp.

Indeed. And this shouldn’t happen, ever.

I’m liking the Idea of up to 50% decay OOC. +1 to that one.

in Warrior

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

This is our class mechanic, and we’re the only ones treated this way.

Except you’re not. I never really understood why people compared Death Shroud to adrenaline. Just because it’s a bar sitting on top of your skill bar doesn’t make it the same. Personally, I’d rather compare it to Mesmers. They can only gain their resource in combat, and immediatly lose all of it when that enemy gets killed. Phantasm/Clone/Shatter skills do nothing except going on full CD when you pop them OoC.

They have traits/skills which give similar benefits to the one’s the Warrior has. Increased damage based on the amount of resource, regen based on the amount of resource, cleanse a condition for every third of your resource pool spent, resource divided in 3/3, yada yada. Regaining 3 phantasms is probably a bigger pain in the kitten than regaining full adrenaline, just to get back to your max dmg output, that aside.

Warriors do have tons of tools to regain Adrenaline faster, Mesmers get clones for their quicker refill. The only differences are that Mesmer resources are outsourced and therefore can be killed/removed, but they get 4 “burst skills” at once to compensate that. Their direct damage output isn’t nearly as high as a Warriors, but they get phantasms as compensation.

Just to be clear, I’m not a huge fan of both mechanics when it comes to OoC. In bigger fights when you have to switch enemies more often, it annoys me on my Mesmer just as much as it does on my Warrior. As a main Mesmer, I learned to live with that – even on my Warrior nowadays. Heck, you don’t even need to be OoC as Mesmer to lose all your resources.

It’s a way of balancing, and after almost 3 years I highly doubt they will change or revert any of the changes they’ve made. It’s far from unplayable, maybe annoying sometimes.
Let’s just hope that specializations might mix things up a little bit.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)