Adrenaline v2, Downstate v2

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Hello fellow Warrior! I hope you’ve been having the time of your life caving in enemy skulls with your mace and hammer, slicing and dicing foes with your blades! Today, I’d like to talk about a few specific Warrior mechanics, that have been bugging me for a long time now.

First up, Adrenaline
Adrenaline is a fair straight forward mechanic, generate ‘strikes’ with each swing, spend them to activate burst skills. Some skills and traits grant you free adrenaline, and some even reward you for having a high adrenaline.

But the core of the system has a bit of an odd quirk, which has always existed. Each foe struck generates a strike. Therefore, if you hit one foe with an auto-attack, you’ll generate 1 strike. If you hit 3 foes with that same attack, you’ll generate 3 strikes.

Therefore, odd situations occur, where your adrenaline generation can literally triple by having extra foes nearby. This is part of the reason the Dev’s are nerfing Combustive shots adrenaline gain.

My suggestion to balance this out, is the following: All successful attacks generate 1 strike of adrenaline, regardless of the number of targets struck. As a result, the adrenaline bar would be shortened somewhat, to keep adrenaline generation roughly the same. As it stands, it takes 30 strikes to fully fill (10 strikes per bar, 3 bars). I’d suggest reducing the number to around 7 strikes per bar.

Burst Skills are another topic I’d like to discuss. Yeah, having an F1 is great, but I would love to see more diversity, more options. One of my favorite ideas is to have an F2 burst skill, based on your offhand. Here are two examples below:

F2: Dustbowl (Offhand Mace) – Strike the ground, kicking up a cloud of dirst, dust, snow. Damages and blinds nearby enemies, and creates a smoke field for [2/3/4] seconds.

F2: Shatter Eardrums (Offhand Warhorn) – A sonic screech that dazes all nearby foes for [1/2/3] seconds.

F3: Kick: Knocks back target foe, always consumes 1 bar of adrenaline

F4: Stomp: Smash the ground, causing a blowout of all nearby foes. Consumes 2 bars.

Downstate
1. Throw Rock – “I wanna Rock! ROCK!” Oh… wait, no I dont. Throw Axe. Make it happen. It’s just a visual change, I know, but it needs to be done.

2. Throw Hammer: All around inferior to Guardians #2 (which IMO is a solid, and balanced ability). Hammer is hard-countered by Multiple foes stomping, Pet/Minion body blocks, Stability, Immunity, Stealth, or even a well timed dodge since it’s got a moderate telegraph.

Fix 1 – Hammer becomes ground target, with a small AOE, and a faster cast animation
Fix 2 – Thrash: Damage and launch all opponents in a small radius around the Warrior, Radius 240, Blowout 240, CD 12 seconds.

3. Vengeance: Ah the heart of the imbalance. Vengeance is both OP and UP at the same time. What a mess this skill is. It’s also buggy and very RNG; sometimes I rally after a kill even without Sweet Vengeance, and other times I dont rally when I DO have it.

Vengeance Fix: Duration 8s, Cooldown 25s.
-After Vengeance expires, the Warrior simply returns to a downed state, instead of outright dying.
-Sweet Vengeance now increases the duration from 8s to 16s, and gives the Warrior 5s of stability and protection when vengeance is activated.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, so please, offer up your ideas and advice!

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

First up, adrenaline.

I like the idea to normalise it. What is want is more bars to play with. Split them and make it 6. That opens up the possibility of adrenaline actually being a micro system that we can manage. Much like thieves. It’s too clunky and boring right now.

That opens up the options you gave for more abilities. I’d like to say put bollas and kick on f3 and f4. Uses one bar of our now 6 adrenaline bars. F1 still uses up to 3 bars. Offhand would be amazing. I’d like to see shield 4 changed to a full knock back maybe and shield 5 put onto the f2 ability. Using one bar of adrenaline per second of blocking. Give me something new for shield 5. War horn sonic blast would be great, I like it.

I’d like to see vengeance changed to give 100% rally as standard to be honest. Not sure why it isn’t and why we have a trait for it. It take a while to come round to activate so let it happen.

I of most of your suggestions up a long time ago in the suggestion forum. Glad to see people have the same ideas!

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Hello fellow Warrior! I hope you’ve been having the time of your life caving in enemy skulls with your mace and hammer, slicing and dicing foes with your blades! Today, I’d like to talk about a few specific Warrior mechanics, that have been bugging me for a long time now.

First up, Adrenaline
Adrenaline is a fair straight forward mechanic, generate ‘strikes’ with each swing, spend them to activate burst skills. Some skills and traits grant you free adrenaline, and some even reward you for having a high adrenaline.

But the core of the system has a bit of an odd quirk, which has always existed. Each foe struck generates a strike. Therefore, if you hit one foe with an auto-attack, you’ll generate 1 strike. If you hit 3 foes with that same attack, you’ll generate 3 strikes.

Therefore, odd situations occur, where your adrenaline generation can literally triple by having extra foes nearby. This is part of the reason the Dev’s are nerfing Combustive shots adrenaline gain.

My suggestion to balance this out, is the following: All successful attacks generate 1 strike of adrenaline, regardless of the number of targets struck. As a result, the adrenaline bar would be shortened somewhat, to keep adrenaline generation roughly the same. As it stands, it takes 30 strikes to fully fill (10 strikes per bar, 3 bars). I’d suggest reducing the number to around 7 strikes per bar.

I think adrenaline generation needs be activated by every hit, regardless of the number of targets. How more foes. more faster adrenaline raises.
We are single and easy target all time, we need have our body and skills balanced with other classes that spamm minions/summons and remove target.

Burst Skills are another topic I’d like to discuss. Yeah, having an F1 is great, but I would love to see more diversity, more options. One of my favorite ideas is to have an F2 burst skill, based on your offhand. Here are two examples below:

F2: Dustbowl (Offhand Mace) – Strike the ground, kicking up a cloud of dirst, dust, snow. Damages and blinds nearby enemies, and creates a smoke field for [2/3/4] seconds.

F2: Shatter Eardrums (Offhand Warhorn) – A sonic screech that dazes all nearby foes for [1/2/3] seconds.

F3: Kick: Knocks back target foe, always consumes 1 bar of adrenaline

F4: Stomp: Smash the ground, causing a blowout of all nearby foes. Consumes 2 bars.

- Warriors could easily generate smoker field, the problem is that Anet don’t want warrior having access to stealth.
I think the only viable field in this moment for warriors could be Fire (we already has it), Dark and Light, but Anet need choose what skill generate these fields.
- F2 skills still more than needed, but for all OH Weapons.
- Physical skill like Kick and Stomp could grant CC spamming, they could comes and QQ to Anet increase CD of Burst Skills. Only Weapon Burst (f1 and f2) it’s Ok.

Downstate
1. Throw Rock – “I wanna Rock! ROCK!” Oh… wait, no I dont. Throw Axe. Make it happen. It’s just a visual change, I know, but it needs to be done.

2. Throw Hammer: All around inferior to Guardians #2 (which IMO is a solid, and balanced ability). Hammer is hard-countered by Multiple foes stomping, Pet/Minion body blocks, Stability, Immunity, Stealth, or even a well timed dodge since it’s got a moderate telegraph.

Fix 1 – Hammer becomes ground target, with a small AOE, and a faster cast animation
Fix 2 – Thrash: Damage and launch all opponents in a small radius around the Warrior, Radius 240, Blowout 240, CD 12 seconds.

3. Vengeance: Ah the heart of the imbalance. Vengeance is both OP and UP at the same time. What a mess this skill is. It’s also buggy and very RNG; sometimes I rally after a kill even without Sweet Vengeance, and other times I dont rally when I DO have it.

-After Vengeance expires, the Warrior simply returns to a downed state, instead of outright dying.
-Sweet Vengeance now increases the duration from 8s to 16s, and gives the Warrior 5s of stability and protection when vengeance is activated.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, so please, offer up your ideas and advice!

- Throw Rock is ok, i think.
- Throw Hammer is UP, because inly affects one single target.
- Vengeance is OP only in PvE with Sweet Vengeance activated.
In PvP is UP because CD is very long, and all that foe needs to make is run and wait the time ends

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I’d rather Vengeance be changed so it’s always 100% and Sweet Revenge would make it like in the original Guild Wars and give you a damage boost. Say 20-33%.

Or, leave it how it is now and make it so you just go back into the downed state with the remaining health you had last time you were there

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

But what about Hammer, Longbow, Rifle and Greatsword?

1. F2: Dustbowl (Offhand Mace) – Strike the ground, kicking up a cloud of dirst, dust, snow. Damages and blinds nearby enemies, and creates a smoke field for [2/3/4] seconds.
  2. F2: Shatter Eardrums (Offhand Warhorn) – A sonic screech that dazes all nearby foes for [1/2/3] seconds.
  3. F3: Kick: Knocks back target foe, always consumes 1 bar of adrenaline
  4. F4: Stomp: Smash the ground, causing a blowout of all nearby foes. Consumes 2 bars.
  1. Won’t happen, as Warriors have a ridiculous good access to blast/leap finishers. For example, Sword/Mace with a Longbow.
  2. Not going to happen. Would give far too much CC to Mace/Warhorn
  3. So what kind of cooldown are we talking here? Because it better be hefty, otherwise you’ll just make Distracting Strikes/Rune of Perplexity even more ridiculous than it already is.
  4. All nearby foes? I sure hope you don’t mean that, because a blowout that is not limited by the AoE cap would be ridiculously OP.
  2. Fix 1 – Hammer becomes ground target, with a small AOE, and a faster cast animation
  1. But where are you supposed to pull out infinite axes?
  2. So basically make it the best interrupt downed skill? Nice…

Holy crap, talk about OP. That would be like Vapor Form on performance enhancing drugs. Pop Vengeance, Dodge, Whirlwind Attack, Rush, Savage Leap, return to downed state, heal self to full HP.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Adren is fine the way it is. Other than having to trait for getting adorn when hit.

F burst skills: if its extended to just off hands, where is shield, axe and sword off hands? Why don’t GS/lb/ham/rifle get extra F burst skills?

Downstate 2 “throw hammer” change to “sweep the leg!” Changes from single target knockdown to aoe knockdown. Not knockback, knockdown.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Change vengeance to seppuku with a twist. Kill yourself but down target under 25%hp. Since that is basically what vengeance does in its current state.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Warrior

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

he’s just making suggestions for the offhand burst skills. obviously there would be offhand burst skills for the other weapons if these suggestions were implemented.

in Warrior

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

I throw Frostfang when in the downstate so just get a legendary axe. I like the idea for secondary adrenaline usage because eviscerate is hard to land sometimes when you cleansing from cleansing ire

in Warrior

Posted by: Hadokken.2194

Hadokken.2194

i really like the idea of the off hand burst skills, but more than that i feel would be too much. also assassin x’s suggestion for vengeance seems really nice and i’d be okay with that, but might need to tone down the numbers a bit. would be pretty UP in a 1v1 though

in Warrior

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

I’d like to see some more combo-fields on the burst skills, since the only combo-field we have now is the fire-field on longbow burst.

Shuriyo

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Thanks for the feedback everyone, liking the discussion going on here.

But what about Hammer, Longbow, Rifle and Greatsword?

2handers would get an F2 as well, I merely posted the two examples I’d thought up.

1. Won’t happen, as Warriors have a ridiculous good access to blast/leap finishers. For example, Sword/Mace with a Longbow.
  2. Not going to happen. Would give far too much CC to Mace/Warhorn

That is true, though it’s all just a suggestion. Take it with a grain of salt.

1. So what kind of cooldown are we talking here? Because it better be hefty, otherwise you’ll just make Distracting Strikes/Rune of Perplexity even more ridiculous than it already is.
  2. All nearby foes? I sure hope you don’t mean that, because a blowout that is not limited by the AoE cap would be ridiculously OP.

Cooldown on Kick or Stomp I figured would be similar to their current CD. Could even stand for an increase in CD, in the instance they really did get moved to an F3-4 slot considering they’d always be available.

Also, dont nitpick the wording. AOE is always capped at 5 targets. This holds true for 99% of the stuff out there, and none of them specify a target limit either.

1. But where are you supposed to pull out infinite axes?

The same place thieves get their infinite downed state daggers from!

So basically make it the best interrupt downed skill? Nice…

No I’d say it’d be about on par with guardian.
In the case of the hammer throw being a mini-ground target AOE, it’d be slightly weaker than guards AOE shockwave move in regards to multiple foes, since Guards hits everything in a 360 radius, whereas the hammer toss is a tiny green circle. But hammer throw would be knockdown instead of knockback, and have a slightly longer max range, which I feel makes up for the difference and puts the two on equal footing.

Thrash is basically the same concept as Guardians 2 skill, except with a smaller radius, and a blowout instead of knockback. Again, it’s a tradeoff, and I feel it pretty much breaks even.

That would be like Vapor Form on performance enhancing drugs. Pop Vengeance, Dodge, Whirlwind Attack, Rush, Savage Leap, return to downed state, heal self to full HP.

Well I hadn’t quite considered that part. Though, Vapor form is immune, while Warrior Vengeance is not, and can be CC’d, Crippled, Immob, AOE’d, or just plain bursted down.