Adrenaline wackyness. Possibly a bug.

in Warrior

Posted by: hatchette.3728

hatchette.3728

Sometimes adrenaline starts depleting at insane rate and can’t stack it. Other times you can stack it by killing critters.

I reproduced this as such:
- Log-in, enter wvw
- Killing critters at spawn will retain my adrenaline
- Actually: whatever i do… i just don’t lose any adrenaline.

- go and kill a mob or a player, port back to border waypoint
- killing critters now does nothing, as your adrenaline is being depleted faster than gained

Relog and I can stack my adrenaline again.

Same thing also work on utilities that give adrenaline (healing surge and inspiring shouts)

(edited by hatchette.3728)

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I might be misunderstanding what you’re saying, but are you sure it’s not just adrenaline decreasing because you’re out of combat mode? One hit killing animals like rabbits and the like don’t make you enter combat mode, so they shouldn’t be stopping you from losing adren.

in Warrior

hatchette.3728

But then, why am i not losing adrenaline when joining wvw? I’m not in combat.

in Warrior

hatchette.3728

I’ve did bunch of tests. Even asked my guildies for help.
- This can be reproduced everywhere (it’s not wvw related)

- After death or log-in, your adrenaline will never deplete
- If you attack a mob, adrenaline will start depleting after exactly 1 minute out of combat

I’ve tested this in Gandarran fields, using ‘For great justice’ and ‘Inspiring shouts’. After log-in i can stack adrenaline to full… and even after 10 minutes of doing nothing i still retain full adrenaline. – this is obviously a bug.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I swear I’ve observed a situation where I will use a burst skill (earthshaker) and it won’t take away my adrenaline even though I hit an opponent… however, this may maybe just a delay in the adrenaline disappearing or something, as I would often using healing surge right after to refill my adrenaline.

I guess I’ll keep an eye on it some more, I’ve been having some other weird bugs where my WvW tally and supervisor buff timers are incorrect.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

^ Sounds like your attack missed its intended target but caught someone else in the process, this can maintain your Adrenalin like piercing through someone with Killshot but having it miss your intended target.

Adrenalin is meant to drain away, having it maintain at full past the 60 second mark outside of combat is the bug.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

in Warrior

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I swear I’ve observed a situation where I will use a burst skill (earthshaker) and it won’t take away my adrenaline even though I hit an opponent… however, this may maybe just a delay in the adrenaline disappearing or something, as I would often using healing surge right after to refill my adrenaline.

After you use a burst it takes 1 or 2 sec to actually empty the bar. In that time you can swap wep sets and use another burst if you want to.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

After you use a burst it takes 1 or 2 sec to actually empty the bar. In that time you can swap wep sets and use another burst if you want to.

Really? That’s a bit odd, I never even knew that was a thing… My build mostly sits on its adrenaline, so I don’t burst too often.

I don’t think missing my target was thing in this. I used earthshaker, which is ground targeted, and I’m absolutely positive I hit someone. I guess it’s likely just the bar drain delay coupled with lag.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’ve did bunch of tests. Even asked my guildies for help.
- This can be reproduced everywhere (it’s not wvw related)

- After death or log-in, your adrenaline will never deplete
- If you attack a mob, adrenaline will start depleting after exactly 1 minute out of combat

I’ve tested this in Gandarran fields, using ‘For great justice’ and ‘Inspiring shouts’. After log-in i can stack adrenaline to full… and even after 10 minutes of doing nothing i still retain full adrenaline. – this is obviously a bug.

Can you use a burst skill with it? Or is it just visual?

in Warrior

Posted by: Callahan.3180

Callahan.3180

Sometimes adrenaline starts depleting at insane rate and can’t stack it. Other times you can stack it by killing critters.

I reproduced this as such:
- Log-in, enter wvw
- Killing critters at spawn will retain my adrenaline
- Actually: whatever i do… i just don’t lose any adrenaline.

- go and kill a mob or a player, port back to border waypoint
- killing critters now does nothing, as your adrenaline is being depleted faster than gained

Relog and I can stack my adrenaline again.

Same thing also work on utilities that give adrenaline (healing surge and inspiring shouts)

That’s interesting. I wvw a lot and notice that you must keep attacking mobs in order to keep it for a while. I’m not sure at what time it depletes, but eventually after a long enough time out of combat it fades.