Adrenalins "Nerf" and QQing

in Warrior

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

There appears to be a lot of complaining on the forums lately about the changes to adrenaline. I figured it’s probably worth trying to be the voice of reason, though these are the GW2 Official Forums, but hey, let’s give it a crack anyway.

The changes to adrenaline make sense when compared to every other profession. Simply put, Burst skills were far too forgiving. Look at every other profession mechanic. If you miss, things still go on CD and your clones/initiative/lifeforce still get drained.

By transitioning to this system, it means there is a higher skill level required to be effective. Gone are the days of just dumping an Earthshaker or Eviscerate whenever you like. Now you actually need to use them carefully.

Adrenaline diminishing outside of combat also makes sense. It was too easy to build up adrenaline and this system never really worked that great anyway.

To be perfectly honest, his is a good thing for our class. *It’s going to seperate the goods from the bads. I’ve logged over 4k hours on my warrior doing high end FotM, WvE and tPvP. These changes are positive things as it never made sense keeping your adrenaline anyway.

tl;dr if you’re QQing about the changes, you need to git gud.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

in Warrior

Posted by: St Nap Yppah.1752

St Nap Yppah.1752

“.If you miss, things still go on CD”

I thought adrenaline skills had a recharge when you missed just like the skills of every other class when they are used. Yes, it was a short recharge, but that functionality skill existed so your point is moot.

Pretty much every other classes skills recharge whether in combat or out of combat, warrior will be the only class where their best skills “de-charge” while out of combat.

Just stating the facts here.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t like hitting lower damage every single patch. It’s boring.

in Warrior

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Pretty much every other classes skills recharge whether in combat or out of combat, warrior will be the only class where their best skills “de-charge” while out of combat.

Mesmers. Not in combat means no illusions. No illusions means no shatters outside of one Grandmaster trait.

Also, Adrenaline already drains out of combat. All that’s changing on that front this patch is the speed that the drain starts (and possibly rate of decay).

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Warrior

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

“.If you miss, things still go on CD”

I thought adrenaline skills had a recharge when you missed just like the skills of every other class when they are used. Yes, it was a short recharge, but that functionality skill existed so your point is moot.

You’re cherry picking. Read the rest of that sentence. If you miss with a shatter, your clones still die, if you miss with a DS skill, you still lose lifeforce, if you miss with a thief attack you still lose initiative. If you miss with an engi turret explosion, you still lose the tureet.

The classes that have purely CD based mechanics have nuch longer CDs, with maybe the exception of Ele.

I don’t like hitting lower damage every single patch. It’s boring.

I put all this through a calculator, you damage loss is tiny and what you lose on 100b and WWA you’re gaining on AS, when the enemy is below 50 you’re potentially pulling slightly more damage based on DPS calcs I did, however I’m not perfect.

I think it’s healthy for the weapon overall to move some damage from 100b to somewhere else. It makes it more useable in PvP and WvW too.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

This statement is so elitist and ignorant, pretty much killed this topic for me before even reading through it.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: kikojak.7051

kikojak.7051

This statement is so elitist and ignorant, pretty much killed this topic for me before even reading through it.

They dont call them elitists for nothing. They know much better than you noobies that QQ all day instead of actually do the maths on the warrior damage changes and actually see that he will be stronger now. I would explain it detailed for you but too much info for one noob is not worth it

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

There appears to be a lot of complaining on the forums lately about the changes to adrenaline. I figured it’s probably worth trying to be the voice of reason, though these are the GW2 Official Forums, but hey, let’s give it a crack anyway.

The changes to adrenaline make sense when compared to every other profession. Simply put, Burst skills were far too forgiving. Look at every other profession mechanic. If you miss, things still go on CD and your clones/initiative/lifeforce still get drained.

By transitioning to this system, it means there is a higher skill level required to be effective. Gone are the days of just dumping an Earthshaker or Eviscerate whenever you like. Now you actually need to use them carefully.

Adrenaline diminishing outside of combat also makes sense. It was too easy to build up adrenaline and this system never really worked that great anyway.

To be perfectly honest, his is a good thing for our class. *It’s going to seperate the goods from the bads. I’ve logged over 4k hours on my warrior doing high end FotM, WvE and tPvP. These changes are positive things as it never made sense keeping your adrenaline anyway.

I’m fine with these changes but:

Miku has a point in pve warriors suffering
Pretty sure the community doesn’t know what a skillful warrior is

I’ll play ball until it becomes painfully obvious that players that cannot handle warriors as a class are just moving goalposts until warriors are free kills.

They dont call them elitists for nothing. They know much better than you noobies that QQ all day instead of actually do the maths on the warrior damage changes and actually see that he will be stronger now. I would explain it detailed for you but too much info for one noob is not worth it

how about for two noobs?

Explain how warriors as a class will be stronger now.

I understand pretty arcing slice, but that is for one weapon that received two damage reductions besides.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)