Advice for 100% map completion on warriors?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tiggers.3890

Tiggers.3890

This is an achievement I want to get (then maybe work my way into getting a legendary) but omg its sooooooooooo annoying and time consuming to do! Also feels unrewarding once your character is already level 80 but now that there are tyria mastery points that extra xp goes to SOMETHING I guess…

Anyway, I was told warriors are especially good at this because of high mobility and innate tankiness/access to stability to ignore mobs to get what you need to get done. However, in terms of mobility I’ve only come across warhorn 4 and sword 2, GS 3. Any others I can spam to have basically 100% uptime on mobility? Any utility skills or overall builds that help out with this mission?

Thanks for any advice in advance!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Pretty much just equip GS with Sword/Warhorn and keep GS#3, GS#5, Sw#2, and Wh#4 on cooldown. Additionally, you can equip Signet of Rage to use on cooldown for more swiftness and Bull’s Charge for another movement skill.

Once you do this, you’re pretty much moving as fast as possible for any profession in the game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

TBH, you’re way over-thinking this. World map completion is relatively easy on any class. Movement rate is a factor, but almost every class has ways to achieve that. One of the reasons that warrior does better than some other classes is more due to their combat abilities – they can easily handle all the mobs that are encountered while trying to reach waypoints, poi’s, vistas or while completing various hearts.

I would give a strong consideration of taking the Discipline adept trait “Warrior’s Sprint”. This gives you a base 25% speed, and lets you keep up a faster movement regardless of which weapons or other skills you select, as well as those instances where you may forget to activate a movement-type skill or they are on cooldown, etc.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

After the speed normalization, I’m not sure movement skills help all that much. If so, making use of Fast Hands and Greatsword is still useful.

Otherwise, yeah, Warhorn with trait, elite Signet with trait, will get you 100% uptime on Swiftness.

Warhorn was the whole reason I originally fell into my old Tactics build, back when the trait line gave +30% boon duration. Still kittened they removed it during the trait revamp. -_-#

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Only class that’s easier than war to map on is ranger imo. War has solid mobility, and you can ignore pretty much every mob. Ranger only has a 1 up here because you can use pets to distract enemies while you commune.

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Only class that’s easier than war to map on is ranger imo. War has solid mobility, and you can ignore pretty much every mob. Ranger only has a 1 up here because you can use pets to distract enemies while you commune.

Pets distracting enemies puts you in combat and you don’t have near as much mobility. Thief is the only other prof I’d put close to warrior.

Oh, as a tip for world completion: Stealth is really helpful for certain hero points in Orr. Stealth classes like mesmer/thief/engi can easily do this by themselves, but I believe you can also use either an Ash Legion Spy Kit or Harpy Feathers (search the wiki for these) on warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I meant distracting for the areas where a lot of mobs are around the commune point, you’ll be in combat either way, but at least you wont get interrupted while you commune, and afterwards, very easy to break combat n keep moving.
You can stealth as well, but found if faster on my ranger just running through than using my thief.
Either way, map comp is easy for pretty much any class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Except that Revenant has permanent +33% swiftness, and with the might stacking and other facets it will kill any mob in 2 auto attacks. Revenant is by far the easiest class to complete world with. I play both classes, the only regret I have for maining warrior over rev is that the warrior is so freakin slow. Warrior is the 2nd slowest after guard. It is the only one that gains move speed in relation with the weapons they wield.
Reve- swiftness regardless of weapon
chrono- speed regardless of weapon
necro/ranger/ele- permanent signets
daredevil- signet along permanent swiftness by spamming dodge
engi- mecha legs- permanent
guardian- 404
warrior- i gotta be in meele to have access to the 25% speed thing. I play a condi war, meaning my weapon is a longbow. It’s not hard to switch to sword/torch but what’s the point of having a legendary longbow when I’m always using meele weapons to get around. I wish they’d fix this

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

Except that Revenant has permanent +33% swiftness, and with the might stacking and other facets it will kill any mob in 2 auto attacks. Revenant is by far the easiest class to complete world with. I play both classes, the only regret I have for maining warrior over rev is that the warrior is so freakin slow. Warrior is the 2nd slowest after guard. It is the only one that gains move speed in relation with the weapons they wield.
guardian- 404
warrior- i gotta be in meele to have access to the 25% speed thing. I play a condi war, meaning my weapon is a longbow. It’s not hard to switch to sword/torch but what’s the point of having a legendary longbow when I’m always using meele weapons to get around. I wish they’d fix this

Every class has permanent swiftness with the right setup. Movement speed skills are what make warriors so much faster than revenants.

If you think warrior is slow, you A) haven’t fully read this thread and don’t understand this profession well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

guardian- 404

Every class has permanent swiftness with the right setup. Movement speed skills are what make warriors so much faster than revenants.

If you think warrior is slow, you A) haven’t fully read this thread and don’t understand this profession well.

I fully read this thread, but I wasn’t talking about a “right setup”. I’m talking about your natural class, using the stuff you use for combat, dungeons,fractals and gear like this. And in that case, my point is 100% valid

in Warrior

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Actually, Revenant requires Herald or Shiro to really get any speed use. Herald takes forever if you don’t dive into Magus Falls to build up hero points. Shiro’s superspeed only lasts a few seconds. Both are effective in combat, so that’s not a problem.

Warrior’s trade off is you’re not going to get a longbow/torch Berserker and still be able to hustle. You’d have to take Quick Breathing and use Warhorn. …If ANet hadn’t completely violated Warrior boon duration traits, you could’ve gotten 100% uptime on Swiftness. As it is, if you can get about 20-25% boon duration, you still can.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Warrior

Dahkeus.8243

guardian- 404

I fully read this thread, but I wasn’t talking about a “right setup”. I’m talking about your natural class, using the stuff you use for combat, dungeons,fractals and gear like this. And in that case, my point is 100% valid

Yea, you don’t need to change any gear for 100% swiftness. If you’re a PS zerker warrior, you don’t need to change anything meaningful to get the full mobility that completely outclasses a revenant:
– Swap Axe/Mace for Sw/Wh (you don’t need Axe/Mace for open world)
– Swap Headbutt for Sig of Rage or just swap a banner for Balanced Stance (banners are next to useless in open world)

And tadaa! More mobility than a revenant!

Hell, even if you don’t use anything beyond warhorn for swiftness, you’ll still outpace a revenant due to the movement of GS + Sw skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Same as what the others have already mentioned – equip greatsword, trait Strength, Death from Above (surviving falls can help you traverse certain areas faster), Forceful Greatsword, and just mow everything in your way down. Also take Warrior’s Sprint under Discipline, slot Signet of Rage, etc. etc.

Sometimes having a ranged weapon helps for certain hero challenges, but if you’re looking for raw speed and killing power, stick with greatsword + sword/warhorn.