Advice on which ascended amulet to get

in Warrior

Posted by: Haziq.3907

Haziq.3907

Hello forum ,

I was wondering if it is better to get
- Gwen’s Necklace ( 85 Power , 126 Toughness , 9% crit ) or
- Mark of the Tethyos Houses ( 126 Power , 85 Prec , 9% crit )

My current exotic amulet : 115 power 79 Prec 8% crit

My current unbuffed stats are
3438 attack
2436 armor
57% crit chance
78% crit damage
22k vit

I can keep fury up 24/7

Looking forward to the answers. Happy GW2-ing

Regards
RuiQi

(edited by Haziq.3907)

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Pretty simple. Do you want more offense (Tethyos) or defense (Gwen’s)?

The only reason this choice would matter is if you have a gameplan… which stats are incapable of indicating. For example, my build focuses around having 100% crit chance on burst skills and controling adrenaline. So for me, Tethyos all the way. But if someone runs GS or Sword where the burst may not be as big a deal, their gameplan could change, and therefore, the desired stats are subject to change as well.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Haziq.3907

Hello ,

I am using GS/Rifle. With the recent nerf on the heal-on-crit foods , im unsure if i should increase my survivability (+126 toughness) , or just get the berserker amulet if the mitigation from an additional 126 toughness is meagre.

Regards
RuiQi

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

3438 power

What? Your autoattack must hit for 20k lol.

in Warrior

Haziq.3907

3438 power

What? Your autoattack must hit for 20k lol.

Sorry i meant 3438 attack , in character window screen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Get Gwen’s, and keep your zerker amulet in your backpack to pull out when you want more DPS and don’t need the extra toughness

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

Doubling your armor reduces damage by 50 percent of what you were taking. So if you are base armor, which, judging by your other posts, you aren’t, you would see a little more than a 5 percent increase in damage mitigation from what you were last taking. So if you were taking 1000 damage per hit at 2127 armor, you would see a 5.9 percent reduction which translates to 59 damage mitigated and 941 damage received per formerly 1000 damage attack. Is it worth it? Only you can decide.

Edit: Posting from a phone and just saw your stats.

126 toughness would increase your mitigation by 5%.
And you lose 40 power and roughly 4% crit chance. With your current crit modifier, the loss in precision alone accounts for a 2.88% reduction in theoretical damage. Without your power stat, I can’t calculate what the loss of 40 power causes. I know this isn’t a game of math, but when you begin to split hairs over a small amout of stat points and have no goal such as, “I want 2500 armor minimum” or, “I want max power with at least 60% chance to crit” choices are best viewed mathematically so you understand exactly what you are losing / gaining.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Posted by: Alvik.4207

Alvik.4207

Yo yo. I hope you’re reading this because gathering the numbers takes a few minutes of my time~
First off I’m going to assume you’re using a GS since you didn’t write and only gave the atk stat instead of power ^^ sorry but cba to count for all weapons
The stats are basically
2349 power vs 2319 power
2436 armor vs 2562 armor
77,3%~ crit chance vs 73,3%~ crit chance – with fury, these are rounded numbers without too many decimals, since the number I get is a rounded number it might be inaccurate
79% crit damage vs 79% crit damage –
vit~ unimportant for comparison (don’t worry about comparing to toughness yet, it’s still inferior)

So basically crit multiplier: 1.99717 vs 1.94557 – 2.65%~ more with berserker
Power: 1.29%~ higher power with berserker
Toughness: 5.17% higher armor with cavalier

Damage reduction is linear, like power
Overall comparison: 3.98% more damage vs 5.17% more damage reduction

My input: I’m not even going to factor in mob aggroing toughness targets because I only play wvw/spvp. Unless you have a special reason to value damage over tankiness, cavalier seems to be superior against non-condition damage. If your condition removals are bad and you are prone to run into condition specs, berserker is superior.

NOTE: This is counted before any might stacks, any might stacks would only further tip the scale in cavaliers favor albeit very slightly as power isn’t the big contributor to the dps increase of berserkers in this case.

(edited by Alvik.4207)

in Warrior

Haziq.3907

Hello Veritas and Alvik , thanks for the detailed response.

Yes i am using GS/Rifle and i PvE 99% of the time. The only condition removal i have is Shake it Off and Mending. Using divinity runes instead of soldiers lol. Im leaning more towards cavalier now. I have 3 knight’s armor pieces and still dying too fast from AoE encounters + HB. Swapping it all to berserker’s might make me a liability in the team.

I think im gonna change my build too add in some passive regen ( mango pie + inspiring battle standard + Adrenal Health + healing signet ). Guess ill tweak my build and see what im comfortable with before spending 30 laurels , no more pure life stealing berserker for me. Losing half my hp during HB isnt fun.

Again , thanks for the input

Regards
RuiQi

EDIT : I am tempted to go soldier’s or dolyak runes now. I am currently using 4x divinity 2x ruby

(edited by Haziq.3907)

in Warrior

Posted by: Alvik.4207

Alvik.4207

Happy to contribute, though I find it very hard to give you an actual opinion.
Seems to me like when you near around the 2500 armor mark it becomes hard to justify one over the other as they are both better than the other about half of the time ^^

In WvW I’m usually running a glassy, bad condition-removal spec, on my warrior so I prefer berserker gear as I’ll lose any fight against very competent conditionbuilt players who get a fair fight against me (confusion mesmer, looking at you). I can however sneak up on them or snipe them from the sideline.

If you’re playing a well balanced build, or duelling berserker warrior (all physical dps), or just PvEing in a group I see cavalier being better since your group will have condition removals (f.ex. 1 or 2 guardians can 100% cleanse any conditions of a group).

(edited by Alvik.4207)

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

This is personal opinion. I would stay away from vitality. Vitality is for surviving burst. Once that 10 hp is gone, it’s gone. Mixing healing sources and toughness is what will give you the best staying power in pve encounters as long as you don’t get burned down. I’ve been hit pretty hard by some Legendary mobs, but between 2 stun breaks, dodging, endure pain, and shield block, I’ve never been in a situation where my 19k hp is there one second and gone the next. I always have time to at least step back, catch my breath, and hop back into the fight.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

I got Gwen and I’m happy with it.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

Berserker trinkets all the way.
If you want more toughness, it’s easier to get full Knight armor and replace it later… MUCH easier.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grizzly.8305

Grizzly.8305

Drop the Rifle out of PvP. Longbow does more DPS in PvE, and has skills much better suited to it.

And get the Zerk Amulet. If you want ones that offer toughness, go for two Knight’s Ascended accessories/earrings.