All you Berserker Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

This is to all the warriors that have over 5.5k effective power…
(You can use http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ to calculate your effective power)
Can you guys please show me either a picture of you completing end-game content or a video (preferable) of you clearing end-game content?

Not talking about low level FotM or CoF1 farming lulz

Thanks! I say a video is preferred because I want to see not only that you can complete it, but also that you complete it and are actually able to use your full power (instead of taking a small AoE and having to resort to ranged w/ full berserker)

If someone can show me a full berserk w/ 5.5k atk+ that can successfully run end-game content (success defined as minimal to no downs and being able to dish out more melee damage than someone w/ more toughness), then I shall definitely try going back full berserk and “learning” how to play.

So far, it seems that all the people who claim that they are still running berserker are either opting too often for ranged or are simply spewing lies while hiding behind build tables and theory crafting.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I, have three Wars. Two of them full exo zerker and one exo condi.

Please define what you mean by endgame content. Is it other Dungeons? Is it doing DE in Orr? Murder in WvW? Or is it as simple as killing a Vet?

The fact of the matter is that PTV gear will give you more room for error. Berserker gear will punish you for even the slightest of mistakes. It’s a matter of learning the class and learning the mechanics of the scenario that you are in.

Just wanted to note that I did not use the food that was recently nerfed.

(edited by Wolfgang Michael.8217)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daoshi.7618

Daoshi.7618

Build: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8|1.1g.h1b|0.0.0.0.0.0|1g.71j.1g.71j.1g.71j.1g.71j.1g.71j.1g.71j|2s.0.2s.0.3s.0.1g.67.1g.67.2s.0|a5.u5a9.0.a1.k5a|39.7|e

If you try to melee the Volcano boss then you’re just simply kitten Ranged plays an important role when dealing with boss mechanics.

I do level 26-30+ fractals and rarely if ever go down let alone die. I’m not sure what the fixation is with OMG FULL BERZERKERZZZZZ

If the party can’t handle the 500-1k effective power disparity that this ‘online tool’ generates then you have issues with your party, not your set up by throwing in knights armour to give you a buffer.

[SWaG] [ME] Xïü / Xïu / Xiezhi The Immortal
Human Warrior / Asura Guardian ( SPvP / TPvP r40 ) / Charr Guardian
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

I love knights armor, and totally reccommend it.

I like how knights armor and ogre runes go pretty well together, because you have the power there, and the toughness to help you live. I honestly could care less about the crit % I lose out on with zerker. I’m really just now replaceing some of my kngihts with zerker, but i’m not going full zerker. I honestly should just stay full knights, I like the toughness way too much to give it up.

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Watch some Wethospu’s videos, he runs full zerk 20/30/0/0/20 build. I’ve been more in tpvp lately and too lazy to record something myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Watch some Wethospu’s videos, he runs full zerk 20/30/0/0/20 build. I’ve been more in tpvp lately and too lazy to record something myself.

I second that, Wethospu is one fine warrior! He’s the reason I beat the old Simin :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

He probably wants to see videos with fixed life-steal food. SE Story will be the next one.

in Warrior

Posted by: awesomateen.2489

awesomateen.2489

hey Wethospu, care to share a more in-depth view of your build? i’ve been looking to perfect my berserker warrior.

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

I don’t think there’s much to tell. 20/30/0/0/20 with damage traits. GS + Axe/X. Dodge all the time, weapon-swap all the time for Sigil of Energy, use burst for Endurance, swap utilities often, swap off-hands often (even main-hands occasionally), stay mobile, did I mention dodge?

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

If you try to melee the Volcano boss then you’re just simply kitten

Not true.
Actually, meleeing Imbued is almost an exploit as it makes the fight a joke.
If you do so the Imbued will continue to use the “fly and stomp” skill thing on you and never focus your team.
Simply put, rush to him, HB, when he goes up in the sky immediately whirl away, rinse and repeat.
If whirl is on CD simply rupt HB and double dodge away.
When adds spawn you break bubble and then stop hitting the boss completely (as should your team if they know how to play), burst adds down then continue the above strategy.

Your team will be immensely thankful to you that you made the hardest boss in fractals into a joke.

Or you could spam Rifle and shout healz from distance while your team dies as all bad Warriors do.

(edited by HannaDeFreitas.4236)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

He probably wants to see videos with fixed life-steal food. SE Story will be the next one.

No, I just want to see a video, plain and simple
No veterans, but any full end-game instance of your choice.
If you already have one, can you link it?

I have a friend in my guild that goes full Berserk and does it, but he can’t take a video w/ his computer for some reason… and if I watched him throughout the dungeon, I would probably go down from not paying attention to myself xD haha

Thanks though!!
Please tell me when you link one!

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I like how knights armor and ogre runes go pretty well together, because you have the power there, and the toughness to help you live. I honestly could care less about the crit % I lose out on with zerker. I’m really just now replaceing some of my kngihts with zerker, but i’m not going full zerker. I honestly should just stay full knights, I like the toughness way too much to give it up.

Toughness is a double-edged sword. It makes you tougher, yes, but it also makes you an aggro-magnet. That’s how Berserker Warriors actually work; they have no Toughness to draw aggro.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Toughness is a double-edged sword. It makes you tougher, yes, but it also makes you an aggro-magnet. That’s how Berserker Warriors actually work; they have no Toughness to draw aggro.

Have to go to school, but wait, can you explain?
Having higher toughness CAUSES aggro?

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Oh my, yes. Stacking Toughness is one of the easier ways to make yourself an aggro-magnet. Armour too, which is why Warriors/Guardians draw ever so slightly more aggro than the other Professions by default.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

Not true.
If you do so the Imbued will continue to use the “fly and stomp” skill thing on you and never focus your team.
Simply put, rush to him, HB, when he goes up in the sky immediately whirl away, rinse and repeat.
When adds spawn you break bubble and then stop hitting the boss completely (as should your team if they know how to play), burst adds down then continue the above strategy.

Your team will be immensely thankful to you that you made the hardest boss in fractals into a joke.

Or you could spam Rifle and shout healz from distance while your team dies as all bad Warriors do.

IIRC, you can just spam A and D at distance and its arrows will stray. And when you need to dodge every other second you probably do better at range. Fun though.

I have a friend in my guild that goes full Berserk and does it, but he can’t take a video w/ his computer for some reason… and if I watched him throughout the dungeon, I would probably go down from not paying attention to myself xD haha

Thanks though!!

Self-advert is on my signature. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCU1Y-AORphhLRqXkbuUGfit11BYmpBCr

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Oh my, yes. Stacking Toughness is one of the easier ways to make yourself an aggro-magnet.

Well, looks like I’ll be looking more into Berserker Ascended lol
Just read it on Wiki, thanks man!

in Warrior

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

Oh my, yes. Stacking Toughness is one of the easier ways to make yourself an aggro-magnet.

wow thanks for the info, i never thought that toughness works as an aggro magnet mechanic,

( arghhhhhh need to tone down total armor)

in Warrior

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

A warrior is only as good as his group. Wethsopu solo’s very specific content, where 2 dodges will get you out of any danger.

But if you are in a situation where your in a group and doing a ranged boss and your group is crap and you are getting pelted left and right by ranged auto attacks, adds and special moves, your as good as dead.

That being said some of the boss’s in his solo videos he had trouble with (almost downed) even with crit food, so its likely some of them he wont be able to do. Like the pirate boss I can see being an issue now, and possibly the asura. As the incoming damage might be too much to survive without back to back heals from food.

Still a skilled guy, just sayin its very specific content that you are able to get away with being rambo. And in a bad group your gonna get hit hard, in a good group a good warrior will shine, in a bad group a good warrior is gonna have trouble if there are multiple targets gunning for him…. meaning your going to have to leave melee and kite in alot of situations as you cant rely on food heals.

in Warrior

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

wow thanks for the info, i never thought that toughness works as an aggro magnet mechanic,

( arghhhhhh need to tone down total armor)

Only problem with that is if your in group of squishy’s…. glass light armor, glass medium….. then your still going to have agro lol only you will have aggro with armor that still isn’t that good.

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

A warrior is only as good as his group. Wethsopu solo’s very specific content, where 2 dodges will get you out of any danger.

But if you are in a situation where your in a group and doing a ranged boss and your group is crap and you are getting pelted left and right by ranged auto attacks, adds and special moves, your as good as dead.

That being said some of the boss’s in his solo videos he had trouble with (almost downed) even with crit food, so its likely some of them he wont be able to do. Like the pirate boss I can see being an issue now, and possibly the asura. As the incoming damage might be too much to survive without back to back heals from food.

Still a skilled guy, just sayin its very specific content that you are able to get away with being rambo. And in a bad group your gonna get hit hard, in a good group a good warrior will shine, in a bad group a good warrior is gonna have trouble if there are multiple targets gunning for him…. meaning your going to have to leave melee and kite in alot of situations as you cant rely on food heals.

Against single-target the heal is still pretty good. Alphard was a tough one but bit better game-play and luck it should be doable. Biggest challenge of Belka was to make it look like as if I was actually doing something.
And yeah I pick my fights, I avoid dungeons which require set amount of people. I have tried almost every dungeon (like 4 missing, + some which I might be able to do with more practice).

in Warrior

Posted by: Vradiqa.2765

Vradiqa.2765

A warrior is only as good as his group… But if you are in a situation where your in a group and doing a ranged boss and your group is crap and you are getting pelted left and right by ranged auto attacks, adds and special moves, your as good as dead…. And in a bad group your gonna get hit hard, in a good group a good warrior will shine, in a bad group a good warrior is gonna have trouble if there are multiple targets gunning for him…. meaning your going to have to leave melee and kite in alot of situations as you cant rely on food heals.

Have to agree on everything there… generally if there is one guardian (who pulls very nicely) or one mesmer (putting chaos storm and clones) and or one ele (just some regen field) to help me, it’ll make me fabulous.

in Warrior

Posted by: Balao.3016

Balao.3016

Oh my, yes. Stacking Toughness is one of the easier ways to make yourself an aggro-magnet. Armour too, which is why Warriors/Guardians draw ever so slightly more aggro than the other Professions by default.

Wow! I really had no idea that actually happened when you had a lot of toughness. No wonder I would see bosses focus on me sometimes throughout a fight. Granted, if I’m the only heavy armor wearing player there, of course the mob/boss would focus on me more. Very interesting, and I’m going to have to go for zerker armor then.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Just throwing it out there:

Equipping a Shield increases any aggro generation as well.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Not true.

IIRC, you can just spam A and D at distance and its arrows will stray. And when you need to dodge every other second you probably do better at range. Fun though.

Thanks though!!

Self-advert is on my signature. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCU1Y-AORphhLRqXkbuUGfit11BYmpBCr

Okay, I watched all your videos, and that is awesome, but I take no pleasure in Solo-ing end-game content lol
I was wondering what would the most effective set up for party play?
I realize that there are a variety of roles, but I’m just wondering what you would say.
GS/Axe/Mace w/ what skills? etc. etc.
Nice solo videos though! I enjoyed watching which weapons you used for each situations and the constant changing of skills.
I do that occasionally, but to be completely honest, I just want to stick with fewer things to change and just play where the other 4 members are doing their roles. I can do hard-core gaming, but at this point in my life and a large workload from my final semester of college, I just want to have a pretty decent party build and play pretty casual w/o sacrificing too much

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Yea, I read it.
I’ve decided to use:
Berserker Gear (ruby) Berserker Ascended (ruby) for content I am comfortable with.
Knight Gear (ruby) Berserker Ascended (ruby) for content I am uncomfortable with.

I could always throw in an axe/shield and endure pain if I’m really uncomfortable lol
I find that swapping in full knight doubles your damage reduction while only sacrificing like 300 effective power… Which is awesome

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Toughness aggro magnet works perfectly for players that are actually looking for it.

If I have to choose who is gonna have the aggro,… the warrior, the ele or the thief. I’d rather have it hands down.

Makes life easier for good players
Makes life possible for bad players

everyone wins

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Toughness aggro magnet works perfectly for players that are actually looking for it.

If I have to choose who is gonna have the aggro,… the warrior, the ele or the thief. I’d rather have it hands down.

Makes life easier for good players
Makes life possible for bad players

everyone wins

Yea, at first when I read that “toughness increases aggro,” I kind of facepalmed asking why would they do something stupid like that?
Then I read the wiki and saw how they prioritized it and how the dynamics of the table shift with distance and I fist pumped. Well, not really, but I imagine a fist pump in my head. I love the aggro table.

I must say though, the tanking tip about healing downed allies…? Pretty awesome

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Or, you know, the Guardian.

Just the Guardian.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Or, you know, the Guardian.

Just the Guardian.

For organized end-game dungeons, definitely!
I’m going to go full Knight w/ berserker ascended trinkets though since I like to pub quite often. I find that half the Guardians in pubs manage to screw up or just utilize crappy builds. We had a guardian that specced for ranged DPS once

Switch to straight up Berserker when my friend’s play though.

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

Okay, I watched all your videos, and that is awesome, but I take no pleasure in Solo-ing end-game content lol
I realize that there are a variety of roles, but I’m just wondering what you would say.
Nice solo videos though! I enjoyed watching which weapons you used for each situations and the constant changing of skills.
I do that occasionally, but to be completely honest, I just want to stick with fewer things to change and just play where the other 4 members are doing their roles. I can do hard-core gaming, but at this point in my life and a large workload from my final semester of college, I just want to have a pretty decent party build and play pretty casual w/o sacrificing too much

I just do damage, with minimal defenses required. GS + Axe/Mace is good on non-bosses but if you hate swapping I would go with Warhorn for group-mobility. Thing is, I really wouldn’t just stick with same setup all the time, small tweaks really make a difference.
My utilities usually are Frenzy! (fun), FGJ! and Banner of Discipline but again changed based on situation.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

My utilities usually are Frenzy! (fun), FGJ! and Banner of Discipline but again changed based on situation.

I always wondered why you aren’t taking Endure Pain situational. At least i’ve never seen you using it in any of your videos.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

For that you need to consider sustainability.
To beat an encounter you NEED to have enough sustainability to overcome enemy offense (as long as it takes to kill it). Endure Pain has very poor sustainability. Basically, think how often enemies use their nasty stuff, that’s usually between 5-30 seconds. Then think how often Endure Pain can counter something, that’s 90 seconds.
You can’t rely on that on fight. If you need to use Endure Pain that means you have failed and needed a fail-safe. Learning the encounter and using high health pool as a fail-safe is much better solution.

However, for skipping it’s great because you don’t need long sustainability.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I just do damage, with minimal defenses required. GS + Axe/Mace is good on non-bosses but if you hate swapping I would go with Warhorn for group-mobility. Thing is, I really wouldn’t just stick with same setup all the time, small tweaks really make a difference.

Can you take a screenshot and/or list your equipment please?
Also, if you ever have time, can you show me a run you do with a party?
I’m not doubting your skill, you are an amazing warrior, but I just want to see how you play in a party and with what gear

You’re one of the few warriors on this forum that can actually prove that he is doing what is he talking about. We need more warriors like you!
I’m pretty good, but no where good enough to solo dungeons… T___T

in Warrior

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Great information here! After how the new patch effected the utility of my thief in dungeons, I will be putting it on the shelf and be looking for another main character and am strongly considering a warrior built like this.

The only hesitation I have about the Warrior for PvE/dungeons is self-sustainablity. What is your strategy for this? Use the large warrior HP pool as a buffer and kill before you are killed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Haziq.3907

Haziq.3907

Wow , was deciding whether to go Cavailer or Berserker’s ascended amulet. After finding out that toughness plays a part in gaining aggro , decided to go berserker’s.

3. top damage dealers
4. who is using a shield / has more toughness and overall armor

Does this mean that even with very low armor but very high dps , you will still be pulling aggro ?

in Warrior

Wethospu.6437

Can you take a screenshot and/or list your equipment please?
Also, if you ever have time, can you show me a run you do with a party?
I’m not doubting your skill, you are an amazing warrior, but I just want to see how you play in a party and with what gear

You’re one of the few warriors on this forum that can actually prove that he is doing what is he talking about. We need more warriors like you!
I’m pretty good, but no where good enough to solo dungeons… T___T

Not much to list. Berserker Exotic/Ascended stuff with Scholar Runes, Ruby Jewels and Precise Infusions. Berserker weapons with Sigil of Force or Sigil of Energy (off-hands). I don’t really even have anything else than Berserker-stuff (one soldier-backpack for agony).
I’m not really sure what run with party would show. Dungeon-wise I can solo quite many encounters and haven’t done fractals for a long time. I simply go in and smash everything to pieces.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fourtyfives.6297

Fourtyfives.6297

I think what Wethospu is trying to say is that gearchoice is not as important as you try to make it. No amount of advice on these forums and “optimal” builds can substitute just playing the game a lot and getting a feel for various encounters.

If you really feel like watching an incredible group mow through content
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/user/strife025?feature=watch
While their speedclears are impressive, they’re so well optimized that I hardly feel I get anything out of it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grizzly.8305

Grizzly.8305

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I think what Wethospu is trying to say is that gearchoice is not as important as you try to make it. No amount of advice on these forums and “optimal” builds can substitute just playing the game a lot and getting a feel for various encounters.

If you really feel like watching an incredible group mow through content
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/user/strife025?feature=watch
While their speedclears are impressive, they’re so well optimized that I hardly feel I get anything out of it.

Yea, too picture perfect.
Been running some 35+ fractals with full knight armor and full berserker trinkets and doing really well. Once I get into the groove of things again, I’ll probably try going full berserker.