Anas Tarcis- New build released 11/08/14

in Warrior

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

My stream.
http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis

Currently, unsuspecting foe has moved to master tier, so I do not recommended to take that trait anymore. (You don’t need it anyways)

I just made some changes on my typically longbow/Hammer build (0 10 30 0 30)

So here is the current warrior meta build that I created, enjoy the setup!

Warrior: Longbow / Hammer Warrior Post Patch setup release:
http://intothemists.com/guides/2178-anas_tarcis_tpvp_warrior_meta_longbowhammer_newest_version

Warrior: Longbow/Greatsword (strong after the new patch):
http://intothemists.com/guides/1109-anas_tarcis_tpvp_warrior_meta_longbowgreatsword

Any question, welcome to ask.

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Mmmh… considering you have Signet Mastery…

do you think changing Balanced Stance for Dolyak Signet would be a bad idea?

And if I get it well, this setup is more group oriented, right?

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Don’t use Dolyak Signet, it looks pretty but in fact it’s not really good. 180 Toughness is a lot but people always forget that once you activate the signet you lose the passive. In any situation you will always pop your signet for cc or trying to finish your combo. Compare to Dolyak Signet with Balance Stance, 8 seconds are way greater than 180 toughness that doesn’t even exist all the time. 8 seconds can become a game changer.

This setup is in both dueling and group. Been tested, it’s hard to be beaten in 1v1 situation.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Thank you!^^

Another question:

you don’t use Healing Signet because of enemy burst/poison, your adrenaline or fear it will be nerfed?

in Warrior

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Been using same build now for a couple of weeks and it’s god kitten awesome, seems like it’s getting quite popular on eu too

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Been using same build now for a couple of weeks and it’s god kitten awesome, seems like it’s getting quite popular on eu too

Let me guess… Earthshaker+Staggering+Arcing Arrow looks like a deadly combo in group fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lord Titan.3791

Lord Titan.3791

Let me guess… Earthshaker+Staggering+Arcing Arrow looks like a deadly combo in group fights.

Just my personal combo with this weapon set.

Pindown(Just an fyi this pierces) + Arcing Arrow + Earthshaker + Staggering Blow.

Titan/Mr Brains

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Thank you!^^

Another question:

you don’t use Healing Signet because of enemy burst/poison, your adrenaline or fear it will be nerfed?

Healing Signet isn’t that good especially in team-fight. I believe Healing Surge is the best if you play right. 400 regen per sec looks good but once you got poison or getting a huge focus, it’s really bad to keep yourself in the fight.

Healing Signet may be good in a 1v1 situation, also may be good if you running a full bunker build like banner regen or shouts Heal.

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Currently Streaming. 8/27/2013

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

So you run the same meta 0/10/30/0/30 with hammer/longbow instead of the typical mace/shield+gs? Am I missing something here?

I think you should run stomp instead of bull rush as well, especially if you’re looking for team fight potential. It’s invaluable for capping points, shoving people down hills, reviving / preventing revive and it breaks stuns! It’s basically an aoe bull rush.

edit: it’s also a blast finisher which are cool, while bullr is a leap, which is at least half as cool

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

(edited by Oxygen.5918)

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I still see healing signet being used even though healing surge is supposedly the best.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

So you run the same meta 0/10/30/0/30 with hammer/longbow instead of the typical mace/shield+gs? Am I missing something here?

I think you should run stomp instead of bull rush as well, especially if you’re looking for team fight potential. It’s invaluable for capping points, shoving people down hills, reviving / preventing revive and it breaks stuns! It’s basically an aoe bull rush.

Hmm, Stomp would actually also a blast finisher and that build already has TONS of might stacking. That could be interesting, and having another stun break is a nice side benefit. I’ll try this out when I get home.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

I still see healing signet being used even though healing surge is supposedly the best.

They do this exactly to make you angry. :P

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

They do this exactly to make you angry. :P

Can confirm, I made a Soldier variant of Anas’s build just so I could use Healing Sig because it annoys Excal and Hunter.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

very nice build, standard hammer build with my fav 2nd weapon! only downside i see is the low mobility to catch fleeing people or gtfo yourself, but that matters more in wvw then spvp / tpvp i guess..

why lyssa though?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

very nice build, standard hammer build with my fav 2nd weapon! only downside i see is the low mobility to catch fleeing people or gtfo yourself, but that matters more in wvw then spvp / tpvp i guess..

why lyssa though?

It used to be Melandru so I’m also curious as to the change.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: degoking.1482

degoking.1482

To me it looks like he switched to lyssa because he is running bulls charge instead of sig of stamina which left him with no condi clear so now he is using the lysa for the condi clear. Which lyssa will always be one of the best runes in the game for warrior’s in my opinion because of short cool down on sig of rage, for a nice o kitten button another form of stab so on and so fourth. and u cant forget the random boons u get from healing which is also very nice and people do not take that into account enough.

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Changed from Healing Surge to Healing Signet is because Healing Signet combine with Lyssa Rune is really good. Also another purpose is to against other none skilled required cheesy warrior build, such as GS/Mace Shield.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

If it is the stronger in this meta then it seems that this build it will be another chessy warrior build for people complain…

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Changed from Healing Surge to Healing Signet is because Healing Signet combine with Lyssa Rune is really good. Also another purpose is to against other none skilled required cheesy warrior build, such as GS/Mace Shield.

Someone got his kitten kicked by a stun lock warrior.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

redslion.9675

I didn’t play it much (and I play a different version), but I felt like its fighting potential is low, compared with Hammer/mace (yeah, Hammer has lower dps, but I can chain 10 seconds long disables with it and mace). It only worked better because I hadd better mobility out of combat, so I felt a little more useful (and with that build I have almost never been put into a 4v5 match… maybe it brings me luck).

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

If it is the stronger in this meta then it seems that this build it will be another chessy warrior build for people complain…

It’s not cheesy, because it takes skills to play. That’s why a lot of people think hammer is not viable because it’s hard to play, they choose easier way to play like mace shield, but it’s useless in team-fight, as I said its a self-fish build, and cheesy.

My build only stronger than other cheesy warrior build when you actually know how to play it, and it’s difficult compare to mace shield/GS.

For the guy who talk kitten, we can have a 1v1 instead of talking kitten here. You can run cheesy build that very strong in 1v1, and I’ll still run this build that can be effective in both 1v1 and team fight.

If you run a cheesy warrior build and you lose a 1v1, it’s a personal skill issue son.

For Red, Bull’s Charge and Earth Shaker is your mobility (Earth Shaker is a hard control mobility that you need to learn how to use it as mobility).

Regards.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

For Red, Bull’s Charge and Earth Shaker is your mobility (Earth Shaker is a hard control mobility that you need to learn how to use it as mobility).

Regards.

I know, I meant out of combat mobility. In the sense of the time I need to go from one point to the other. I always felt like Hammer was stronger in groups than it was in solo queue, but probably I am wrong.

In combat I don’t feel like I need high mobility when I fight on points, but maybe is because I didn’t fight high level opponents. Said that, I find myself well with Heartshacker and Bull’s Rush.

in Warrior

Posted by: Silvos.9183

Silvos.9183

Nice build, I love hammer.

How do you think about sword/X, which provide better support and mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

The gs/mace-shield is not a cheesy build. It takes skill to land the combo (not talking vs noobs). Against a player like you (a good player) that build could be nearly enefective without skill.
I didn´t run your build yet because i cannot play right now so i could be saying some thing that is not 100% correct, so forgive if that is the case.
This is my opinion:
Your build require less target proximity to land the “combo”. So in fact it could be easier to land damage than the gs/mace-shield build. The diference is that your build has less mobility than gs/mace-shield, but offers more sustain because you have two bursts you can use to damage/clear conditions and both are AOE. It could provide better defense (stun, kd, blind and immo) than gs/m-sh (stun/ block/evade), because when you block you cannot do damage and people are able to chase you, and better damage output. But in my opinion it will not be more harder to play than the rest of builds we have. So i do not agree when you call the other builds cheesy and not this one.
In my opinion all of them require a good amount of skill play to be used efectively in team fights. Your build is even more easy to use in team fights and offers more than the rest of them.

But i could be wrong.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

As the guy who’s Mace/Shield + GS build thread got a lot of views…ow.

Also, if you have Healing Signet you should almost never be using it (except at the start to unbug it). Even with it only having a 16 second CD traited, 1 random boon isn’t worth all the healing you’ll be missing out on. The active heal is so low that using it doesn’t tend to be worthwhile to use, you’ll heal more passively during that 16 seconds and if you’re being bursted that 3-4k heal isn’t going to make a difference. That’s what makes Healing Signet balanced, it’s weak against high burst.

I don’t think the Signet is a good fit for your build. It fits with Soldiers gear because you have more HP and toughness so that what damage that is done to you is reduced making it easier to regen. With Zerker gear you have less HP and toughness so overwhelming Heal Sig will be much easier. It’s your build, but I think the old version was more solid logically.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Nice build, I love hammer.

How do you think about sword/X, which provide better support and mobility.

He doesn’t believe in double melee builds, I disagree so long as your team is composed in such a way it makes sense. Here’s a tougher hammer build with sword/shield for you though:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAS8ejkOpwBPGPMxBE0DNsK4iTBlQ9wO2w4A-TsAA1CnICSFkLITQygsBNQYRwGEA

You can replace the Utilities with what Anas uses as well it’s personal preference but with what I’ve posted you have more condi removal.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Well I have to say if a skill is unpredictable, that means it needs no skills to play with. Skull Crack = unpredictable, so no matter how good you are, you will never dodge that skill with your predict except random dodges. Those “unpredictable skills” makes some low skill players be able to get into a high level environment, which we called it cheesy.
Earthshaker is definitely a predictable skill, which means skills required to play well and you have to fake your enemies in order to land successfully. That’s the reason why most warriors still run mace/shield.

Currently streaming.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Well I have to say if a skill is unpredictable, that means it needs no skills to play with. Skull Crack = unpredictable, so no matter how good you are, you will never dodge that skill with your predict except random dodges. Those “unpredictable skills” makes some low skill players be able to get into a high level environment, which we called it cheesy.
Earthshaker is definitely a predictable skill, which means skills required to play well and you have to fake your enemies in order to land successfully. That’s the reason why most warriors still run mace/shield.

Currently streaming.

Why I know it’s partially because I AM a Warrior, can can say that I can sorta “feel” when the Skull Crack is coming. Also, the skill does actually have a different animation than any other mace skill. I do think it needs some sort of effect around it (it better look cool though) but even as it is currently if you spend enough time fighting it you can avoid it fairly frequently. In fact the reason it’s so easy to land is because people run away from you when actually running through you is how you get it to miss, same with Eathshaker, easy to make it miss because who expects you to run towards the guy with the hammer?

The normal mace swings are generally diagonal swings, Skull Crack is a wide vertical swing, It’s subtle but so is the difference between the animations of Reaper’s Mark and the other marks. Of course it’s hard to see on Asura but that’s a problem with PvP in general atm. I’m just tired of people saying it has no tell because it does.

Just an angry old man…

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Well, Pin Down is hard to read too, compared to other longbow skills.

But I agree on the fact mace/shield+GS is boring. I ended up playing it in tournaments, where I have the points to think about to ease the boredom.XD

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I didn’t play it much (and I play a different version), but I felt like its fighting potential is low, compared with Hammer/mace (yeah, Hammer has lower dps, but I can chain 10 seconds long disables with it and mace). It only worked better because I hadd better mobility out of combat, so I felt a little more useful (and with that build I have almost never been put into a 4v5 match… maybe it brings me luck).

I don’t understand this obsession with mass CC chaining on warrior builds. On top of all the things that could go wrong (blinds, random evades, blocks, teleports), every competitive player has stun breakers and most have their own source of stability. Then you add in the guardian that’s supplying the entire team with stability, aegis blocks, and virtue blinds, and suddenly these mass CC warriors aren’t contributing anything for 20+ seconds. My own warrior build has 30 seconds of personal stability. The list of probable bad outcomes goes on.

Mathematically, it is just too risky to carry around mass melee CC while giving up other things like consistent damage, reliable team support, and even ranged damage and ranged CC. Plus, say in the best case scenario, you land all of your CC on a target perfectly. Now you are at the mercy of your team being able to follow up your CC. With good voice communication, this can be achieved. In solo queue? Don’t hold your breath. Statistically speaking, it’s just not a good trade-off to create a build revolving around nothing but melee CC.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

I don’t understand this obsession with mass CC chaining on warrior builds. On top of all the things that could go wrong (blinds, random evades, blocks, teleports), every competitive player has stun breakers and most have their own source of stability. Then you add in the guardian that’s supplying the entire team with stability, aegis blocks, and virtue blinds, and suddenly these mass CC warriors aren’t contributing anything for 20+ seconds. My own warrior build has 30 seconds of personal stability. The list of probable bad outcomes goes on.

Mathematically, it is just too risky to carry around mass melee CC while giving up other things like consistent damage, reliable team support, and even ranged damage and ranged CC. Plus, say in the best case scenario, you land all of your CC on a target perfectly. Now you are at the mercy of your team being able to follow up your CC. With good voice communication, this can be achieved. In solo queue? Don’t hold your breath. Statistically speaking, it’s just not a good trade-off to create a build revolving around nothing but melee CC.

Well, that’s what I was trying to play. It worked well on side nodes, outside of big fights. And I don’t give up neither consistent damage, neither survivability. That’s because you are forced to be durable, as the first cc will rarely land. And you are a good necro hunter.

But I never played on high level pvp, so maybe that won’t work there.

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Warrior

Posted by: Siroso.2769

Siroso.2769

Hi Anas,

Love the build, very effective!

I was wondering what you did when solo-q pops onto sky hammer?
At the moment I change onto a necro or other good class for the map, but was looking for good warrior build variants for this map. Certainly swapping bulls charge for stomp seems a no brainer, but perhaps someone has an entirely different build that works better.

I also don’t feel quite fully useful on spirit watch – what role/s do you take on this map?

Thanks in advance!

<— Broskies /Lulzranger

in Warrior

redslion.9675

My stream.

Warrior: H.G.H Condi Warrior:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-so-F-0-NKkL0f4cL-60;9;6JJT;418-48-45AE-F6a;1jwmAjwmA9Vj

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

I seek your wisdom: what do you think about a might stacking build based on power?

I was thinking of something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARTjkOBvJPyQMxBEkCNsKMKOCgQ9wO2w4A-ToAA1CnI0RljLHjOygsBNEZZB

After 30 secs of battle, I have:

Signet of Rage – 5 stacks of might

9 stacks from sigil of battle (each stack lasts 20*1.6=32 seconds → It will proc 3 times before it ends.)

For Great Justice! – 3 stacks of might

Versatile power (each might stack will last 16 seconds, you can swap every 5 seconds… probably you won’t, but I didn’t count the fact I’ll have 6 might stacks with FGJ 60% of the time, so I guess I can round this up) – 3 stacks

Combo field – 3 stacks.

Total: 5 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 23 stacks. 2900 power. Around +50% damage more than other power builds (RAW damage: this build still has low critical)

Slashing power helps by adding even more damage.

Amulet is just what I usually run, but probably it’s not the best option. Problem is you need to have some staying power.

Problem is: if you fing a s/d thieves things might get nasty. Even if you can counter them with Combustive Shot, they might just steal your stacks and go destroy someone else. You losing your stacks is not so bad. A thief with 20 stacks definetely is.

What do you think? Is it a decent idea?

in Warrior

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

Not a lot of things could go wrong unless you are fighting a dps guardian or another warrior imo. A CC war is really just used as a counter to spirit rangers + necros, or even engis because of their lack of stunbreaks and the upper hand via berserker stance…NO one, and I do mean NO one has enough stunbreaks for cc wars. Stability is a rarity and even when you pop it, it ends under 10 seconds.

You’re kind of putting it all on fighting another warrior, which is highly unlikely in a real match since a cc war would be focusing on their prey. (spirit rangers, necros, engis) Your other teammates would be focusing on the other warrior so that you can do your job…

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

My stream.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-so-F-0-NKkL0f4cL-60;9;6JJT;418-48-45AE-F6a;1jwmAjwmA9Vj

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

I seek your wisdom: what do you think about a might stacking build based on power?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARTjkOBvJPyQMxBEkCNsKMKOCgQ9wO2w4A-ToAA1CnI0RljLHjOygsBNEZZB

9 stacks from sigil of battle (each stack lasts 20*1.6=32 seconds -> It will proc 3 times before it ends.)

Versatile power (each might stack will last 16 seconds, you can swap every 5 seconds… probably you won’t, but I didn’t count the fact I’ll have 6 might stacks with FGJ 60% of the time, so I guess I can round this up) – 3 stacks

Combo field – 3 stacks.

Total: 5 + 9 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 23 stacks. 2900 power. Around +50% damage more than other power builds (RAW damage: this build still has low critical)

Amulet is just what I usually run, but probably it’s not the best option. Problem is you need to have some staying power.

Problem is: if you fing a s/d thieves things might get nasty. Even if you can counter them with Combustive Shot, they might just steal your stacks and go destroy someone else. You losing your stacks is not so bad. A thief with 20 stacks definetely is.

I tried the same idea before when Signet of Might was given out 5 stacks of might. I was using Zerker amulet. The only weird part is that I tried to compare hundred-blade’s dps with 5 stacks of might and 25 stacks of might, and the result is disappointed. (Same, sometimes 5 stacks of might is greater than 25 stacks.) I don’t know if there is a bug for it or A-net intended to set a dps limit on Greatsword. So from that experience I believe might stacking only good for condition damage especially burning. Also if I’m not wrong, Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Fire have an Internal-Cooldown, which may result that you wasted one Sigil effect on your weapon if you use both of them at same time.(only on different weapon that needs to swap). I saw the PAX warrior that was doing the same mistake, I don’t know if he was intended to do it or just some lapse decision.

Hope this may help you.

Not a lot of things could go wrong unless you are fighting a dps guardian or another warrior imo. A CC war is really just used as a counter to spirit rangers + necros, or even engis because of their lack of stunbreaks and the upper hand via berserker stance…NO one, and I do mean NO one has enough stunbreaks for cc wars. Stability is a rarity and even when you pop it, it ends under 10 seconds.

You’re kind of putting it all on fighting another warrior, which is highly unlikely in a real match since a cc war would be focusing on their prey. (spirit rangers, necros, engis) Your other teammates would be focusing on the other warrior so that you can do your job…

Let’s say Mace/Shield-GS warrior only counters nercos and maybe spirit rangers, but a cc warrior with Hammer actually counters everything if you play correctly. (not the full melee set up) Hammer/Longbow is a build that I created to fit in any position such as enemy point assaulter, home node defender, team-fight supporter, or team-fight king killer. This build is awful especially when you fighting on the point. In the Pax even the warrior running this build and running some mistake setup on weapon sigil, he can still kill everyone on the point. That’s what this build plays for, and I believe his team-rotation and position is really good at those 3 games. And you are right, even bunker guardian has no enough stability against CC warrior now because CC warrior can stay alive long enough to bait out everything a bunker guardian got.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

I would like to talk about the current Meta and what A-net seriously needs to look at in next patch.

There is 4 things that A-net really need to look/nerf it.

1. Warrior’s Healing Signet needs a nerf, it’s Passive effect is a truly none skilled required and easily to be effective.

2. Skull Crack’s animation is too small and effect is too big. Skull Crack’s Damage should remain the same as now but stun seconds should go back to 2 seconds with full Adrenaline.

3. Rune of Lyssa should have an Internal-Cooldown set around 70 seconds, it’s a big reason why those cheesy comp exist. (Stun-Lock Warrior, S/D thief)

4. Everything that’s unpredictable is breaking this game, because all of those unpredictable skills are none skill required to play effectively. Ex. Warrior’s Skull Crack, S/D thief’s Larcenous Strike, Necromancer’s Fear Mark, DS3 Fear, and Spirit Ranger’s Spirits Skills. All these things need to be tone down because they can be spamming and deal a big impact for an actual team-fight. All those things I mentioned are considered as Cheesy Comp in current Meta.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

My stream.

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

9 stacks from sigil of battle (each stack lasts 20*1.6=32 seconds -> It will proc 3 times before it ends.)

Combo field – 3 stacks.

I tried the same idea before when Signet of Might was given out 5 stacks of might. I was using Zerker amulet. The only weird part is that I tried to compare hundred-blade’s dps with 5 stacks of might and 25 stacks of might, and the result is disappointed. (Same, sometimes 5 stacks of might is greater than 25 stacks.) I don’t know if there is a bug for it or A-net intended to set a dps limit on Greatsword. So from that experience I believe might stacking only good for condition damage especially burning. Also if I’m not wrong, Sigil of Battle and Sigil of Fire have an Internal-Cooldown, which may result that you wasted one Sigil effect on your weapon if you use both of them at same time.(only on different weapon that needs to swap). I saw the PAX warrior that was doing the same mistake, I don’t know if he was intended to do it or just some lapse decision.

Hope this may help you.

Whops! Sorry, my mistake about the sigils, forgot I had battle.XD

However, my idea was not to touch hundred blades and to use all other skills and auto attack. This idea came into my minde while I was trying to play roamer with soldier amulet. At some point, during a big teamfight on keep, full of minions and enemies, I ended up having 25 stacks of might. I lasted for several minutes, slashing around and wreacking some havoc.

I found that kinda amusing, so I decided I’ll try this next time I play.

Thanks for the tips!

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

I really disagree with the Heal Sig needing a nerf. It’s strong because when paired with condition removal builds that depend on the condis for damage can’t do anything to you. I’ve dueled Thieves and Mesmers that almost 100% counter the build, it’s just that those builds aren’t in the meta so we rarely have to face them. If Warrior becomes a big enough threat Mesmers might see a bit of a revival in a role similar to Warriors, counter the guy trying to counter our condi user. It’s funny cause this is how it was in GW1, Mesmers were always our greatest threat.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Well, maybe not nerf healing signet. For what I mean is, when everything combine together, warriors are OP. Berserker Stance + Cleansing Ire +Longbow F1 + Unsuspecting Foe + Lyssa Rune + Healing Signet. It’s call cheese because it takes no skills to be effective. (Like S/D thief, Nerco) and if you want the game to be fun, to be balance, you need to remove those cheesy things. Not only warriors need nerf, S/D thief, Nerco, Spirit Ranger all need to get nerf as well. Like I said, everything that’s unpredictable shouldn’t be so effective in this game. (Ex. Nerco’s Fears, Spirit Ranger’s Passives and Actives, Warrior’s Skull Crack, S/D thief’s Sword #3, etc)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

My idea is that Healing Signet itself is badly designed: it’s either the go-to heal or a huseless heal, dependingon its HPS. If it’s the go-to heal, it becomes cheesy.

I think its effectiveness shouldn’t be reduced, but its working should be entirely changed.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

It’s not cheesy, because it takes skills to play. That’s why a lot of people think hammer is not viable because it’s hard to play, they choose easier way to play like mace shield, but it’s useless in team-fight, as I said its a self-fish build, and cheesy.
[/quote]

Seems like people think that is OP, too

Dammit, there is nowhere to run!

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

I think it’s OP as well so I don’t touch my monster build anymore. “Longbow/Hammer” I don’t even want to mention Mace shield GS build because it’s very bad…

Back to Longbow Greatsword.

currently streaming

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

I think it’s OP as well so I don’t touch my monster build anymore. “Longbow/Hammer” I don’t even want to mention Mace shield GS build because it’s very bad…

currently streaming

Hey that’s what I use!

lolol it’s a cheap build too though. rush -> whirlwind attack can disengage from practically everything and longbow utility is pretty nice.

I use it with healing signet , adrenal healing, and banner regen together with defense banner, dolayk signet, and berserker stance and it’s pretty easy to play.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

currently streaming

Hey that’s what I use!

lolol it’s a cheap build too though. rush -> whirlwind attack can disengage from practically everything and longbow utility is pretty nice.

I use it with healing signet , adrenal healing, and banner regen together with defense banner, dolayk signet, and berserker stance and it’s pretty easy to play.

So you don’t like to kill people. Ok, at least use Banner of Discipline.

And don’t use healing Signet, then. You don’t want to get used to what yourself said it was OP, right?

However, I’m coming back with Rune of Melandru. That means M/Sh GS warrs won’t work against me (Skull Crack back to 3 seconds → 100 b damage reduced by less than half). Then taking them down is a problem, but they SURELY won’t be able to take ME down.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

currently streaming

Hey that’s what I use!

And don’t use healing Signet, then. You don’t want to get used to what yourself said it was OP, right?

However, I’m coming back with Rune of Melandru. That means M/Sh GS warrs won’t work against me (Skull Crack back to 3 seconds -> 100 b damage reduced by less than half). Then taking them down is a problem, but they SURELY won’t be able to take ME down.

I get most of my points from defending/neutralizing/capping points. I don’t get a lot of kills but the score is still enough to put me at MVP for many games.

Also you’re pretty much handicapping yourself if you don’t use healing signet in its current implementation, it’s just so good it’s ridiculous.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Warrior

redslion.9675

currently streaming

Hey that’s what I use!

However, I’m coming back with Rune of Melandru. That means M/Sh GS warrs won’t work against me (Skull Crack back to 3 seconds -> 100 b damage reduced by less than half). Then taking them down is a problem, but they SURELY won’t be able to take ME down.

I get most of my points from defending/neutralizing/capping points. I don’t get a lot of kills but the score is still enough to put me at MVP for many games.

Also you’re pretty much handicapping yourself if you don’t use healing signet in its current implementation, it’s just so good it’s ridiculous.

But… But… But we are WARRIORS.

Guys with more testosterone than common sense.XD

By the way, here is a build that never fails you:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARTjcOFvBPqQMxBEkCNsKOPoCmg8UKsjNE-ToAg0CtIMSZkzIjRSjsGNsYBB

Pretty straightforward I’d say.

Another version:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARTjcOFvBPqQMxBEkCNsKMPMCgoIUKsjNE-ToAg0CtIMSZkzIjRSjsGNsYBB

Straightforward, always works.

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Warrior

Anastasis.7258

Reading some leak notes for Oct 15 patch, I notice that Longbow/Greatsword build might get a huge buff from the Reckless Dodge trait buff. Right now warriors are easy to make a viable build because of its good sustain and good utility skills.

btw, finally got my new graphic card and done my new setting for my stream! Won’t be laggy anymore when stream is on!

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

My stream.
http://www.twitch.tv/tarcisanastasis

So the current meta people believe it’s stun lock cc, and I’d be agree. The only thing I’m going to teach you guys is never run a full cc set up like Hammer + Mace Shield, or run a full melee set up like Sword, Mace + Mace Shield in high level competitive tPvP. I don’t want to list reasons because that may convert into some serious argument. If you do not want to believe me, you can try and maybe it’s a meta that i haven’t discover.

There is a lot of cheesy warriors recently, cheesy means none skill required like S/D thief, Spirit Ranger. Mace shield, GS with a bunker setup and healing signet and lyssa rune is a cheesy setup but it’s useless in high level PvP. You can run it, but I guarantee it’s getting nerf next balance patch because a lot of ppl crying about it. Also it’s not very strong once you understand the concepts.

So here is the current warrior meta build that I created, and I believe its the strongest build in this meta:

Longbow / Hammer Warrior
http://intothemists.com/guides/812-anas_tarcis_tpvp_warrior_meta#comments
(Thanks Kurtosis for editing.)

I have been sharing this idea with a lof high level warrior players such as Bry, Hman, Schwarheit, If you are curious about the playing style, you can mail me in game and I’ll see what can I help.

Some other interesting build:

Warrior: Longbow/Greatsword:
http://intothemists.com/guides/1109-anas_tarcis_tpvp_warrior_meta_longbowgreatsword

Regards.

Anas Tarcis

agree with everything you said almost except the (because it’s getting nerfed next patch) not sure if this was posted prior to when it happened but warrior updates got leaked.

cc is taking a (very slight) hit but their actually getting a buff

also love full cc builds got to love that easy to use and maintain stable makes half their skill worthless.

in Warrior

Posted by: meichor.7809

meichor.7809

Hi, what a great build!!

Quick question:

I run this build with full zerker and lyssa, having a 47% crit chance, I (theoretically) find unsuspecting foe a bit underwhelming. (If it’s a straight 50% crit chance flat, i’m only gaining 3% out of it, and i believe it only works with earthshake…)

Are you taking this only because you sometimes switch to soldier gear? or is there something I’m missing?