Anet: Please revamp Arcing Slice

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Q:

So, you announced a possible incoming nerf to warriors.

In return are we going to see some revamps to Arcing Slice soon?

Arcing Slice is subpar compared to all the other burst abilities. So nobody ever uses it. Warriors have way better options to maintain a high fury uptime and the damage of Arcing Slice is too low for a burst skill with a fairly long animation time of 3/4s.

My suggestion:

Arcing Slice (3/4s casttime, 10s cooldown)

Burst. Deliver an uppercut that does extra damage against injured foes.

Damage: 1,046

Damage against foes under 50% health:

Level 1 Adrenaline: 1,305
Level 2 Adrenaline: 1,745
Level 3 Adrenaline: 2,094

Range: 150

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Arcing Slice is subpar compared to all the other burst abilities. So nobody ever uses it. Warriors have way better options to maintain a high fury uptime and the damage of Arcing Slice is too low for a burst skill with a fairly long animation time of 3/4s.

My suggestion:

Not a bad suggestion tho, but i love the current animation, but i will love to use arcing slice if they make similar change.

in Warrior

teg.1340

You’re so right about the animation. Its awesome and should stay no matter what.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

The whole gs needs a complete rework.

The olny viable options for my taste are hammer, longbow, sword mh (except burst skill as it has too low dmg for power builds, its fine for condi)

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

teg.1340

GS is fine imo. There’s only two issues: 1. burst and 2. GS5 never hits a moving target.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

GS is fine imo. There’s only two issues: 1. burst and 2. GS5 never hits a moving target.

Pair gs with non cc abilities and weps (rifle best example) and hb in gs is useless as arcing slide. U know what im talking about..dat channeling ability into air

Outside of that skills in gs dont have synergy between them, unlike hammer.

in Warrior

teg.1340

GS is a great off weapon due to mobility. GS as a primary weapon is all about landing 100b. You have plenty of options: Hammer + GS, Mace + GS, Sword + GS, Longbow + GS, all are viable options to land 100b. Add stuff like BC or Bolas, there you go.

100b deals massive damage, so dont expect to faceroll this skill.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t, thats why i moved to axe – aa on pair with hb, but mobile and without selfroot+no cd. On top of that a shield to combo evi and blocks.

I don’t intend to faceroll this skill but to get it reworked – for some reason staggering blow was revamped. For some reason hb is op in pve, and for some reason my argument still stands that gs as a whole weapon is useless without offset/utility to cc.

A pve tool to running away but thats about it. Ive dropped gs few months ago and never looked back. Maybe if the burst skill was at least useful.

in Warrior

teg.1340

So you dont like GS. Got it. But thats just your opinion. So please stop highjacking this thread. If you think GS 1-5 has to be revamped, make your own thread.

in Warrior

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

whats the difference between this and eviscerate?

in Warrior

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Not a fan of greatsword either. Its a one trick poney hundred blades. Everything else is meh other than using it to escape a zerg.

in Warrior

teg.1340

Thats why I want the burst changed. With a decent burst GS would at least be a two trick pony.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

My suggestion:

You need to change that, as your numbers make no sense.

In case you don’t know, the way damage is shown on the tooltip is (Power x skillCoefficient x weaponDamage)/2600. So instead of a skill having specific amounts of damage per tier, they actually have specific coefficients.

For the record:

• Eviscerate has 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 per adrenaline bar
  • Kill Shot has 2.25, 2.75 and 3.25 per adrenaline bar
  • Final Thrust has 1.5 regular and 3.0 against enemies with <50% hp
  • Backstab has 1.2 from front, 2.4 from back

Regardless, my personal opinion is that since Greatsword has 100 Blades, I don’t think it needs another damage-heavy skill. Honestly, I would rather prefer a Knockdown or Launch to cover for the root on 100 blades and the slow autoattack speed.

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I have a few ideas about Arcing slice. Currently I see where they were going with the Synergy. It makes perfect sense on paper.

Greatsword F1 Burst adds Fury > Fury increases crit chance > Furious Trait adds bonus Adren on Crit and Greatsword Trait adds might on crit

The problem really, is threefold:

1. Warriors have a high Fury uptime. There’s little need to use Arcing slice JUST for it’s fury, which leads me to #2…

2. Arcing slice is terrible. The damage is lower than auto-attack vs a single foe, plus it only hits a single foe while, auto attack hits 3. It’s a slow (though cool) cast time and animation. The fury would be the only useful part, except with Warrior fury uptime, it loses it’s usefulness as per #1.

3. Strength Grandmaster. Having a +15% damage boost from sitting on a full adrenal bar, is FAR more valuable.

I’d rather see something like:
1. Current damage, and fury, but on a leap animation, sort of like Guardian Greatsword 3
2. Much improved damage, able to hit up to 3 targets
3. Able to hit up to 3 targets, and causes a blowout effect (it IS a heavy overhead slam animation)
4. Even a channeled mobile whirl, not unlike Axe 5

in Warrior

Posted by: Galsia.4102

Galsia.4102

Honestly, I would rather prefer a Knockdown or Launch to cover for the root on 100 blades and the slow autoattack speed.

Likewise.

I always thought it would have been nice to have a skill like this (shown at 0:17) to keep people still at least for just a little while to get most of 100b off.

Thief | Warrior | Engineer
Galsia | Jäshin | Çyndelle
[KK] – Henge of Denravi

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

So you dont like GS. Got it. But thats just your opinion. So please stop highjacking this thread. If you think GS 1-5 has to be revamped, make your own thread.

I have no problem with autoattack, whirl, and rush (except the hitting part but that can be fixed easily if they want to – leap from fiery gs).
Im not sure about bladetrail – throwing a giant sword like a boomerang looks just silly and in many cases its doesnt return bc of terrain/wall issues. I can live with walls, but terrain?

The main problem i got is hb and arcing slide. And for my taste hb should get revamped and moved to f1 while arcing slide turned into lil highter dmg control skill. Just to demonstrate how they should be done in my opinion:

-Hb moved to f1 – u hear it right. Reducing it casttime to 3/4sec with damage kind of like frenzy marine (spear #2), fully mobile

-Arcing slide damage buffed by about 35% with 2sec knockdown on 15cd.

PS. numbers are just a example. Agree or disagree with me but gs should be viable on its own just like any other weapon and no, i do not understand a word called “off weapon”. Also i like to pair gs with rifle (in future if it become viable) and cannot affort 3 weapon sets just to make gs working.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I have no problem with autoattack, whirl, and rush (except the hitting part but that can be fixed easily if they want to – leap from fiery gs).
Im not sure about bladetrail – throwing a giant sword like a boomerang looks just silly and in many cases its doesnt return bc of terrain/wall issues. I can live with walls, but terrain?

The main problem i got is hb and arcing slide. And for my taste hb should get revamped and moved to f1 while arcing slide turned into lil highter dmg control skill. Just to demonstrate how they should be done in my opinion:

-Hb moved to f1 – u hear it right. Reducing it casttime to 3/4sec with damage kind of like frenzy marine (spear #2), fully mobile

-Arcing slide damage buffed by about 35% with 2sec knockdown on 15cd.

PS. numbers are just a example. Agree or disagree with me but gs should be viable on its own just like any other weapon and no, i do not understand a word called “off weapon”. Also i like to pair gs with rifle (in future if it become viable) and cannot affort 3 weapon sets just to make gs working.

HB is and always was fine. I don’t understand where you people get the idea that it should be an F1 skill.
Arcing slice needs a fix – that’s true – it needs to be improved but 100b is fine where it is. High risk high reward- it rewards players that through skill and positioning set themselves up to land it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Back when ArenaNet were talking about boon hate, an idea a while back I had was to incorporate it into Arcing Slice.

It would read something like,

Arcing Slice

Deal double damage to foes with at least one boon. Gain might per boon.

Level 1: 1.5 coefficient with 1 might for 10s per boon
Level 2: 2.0 coefficient with 2 might for 10s per boon
Level 3: 3.0 coefficient with 3 might for 10s per boon

The coefficients listed here are the double damage, level 3 with zero boons = 1.5 coefficient.

Keep in mind this idea was created before they implemented Destruction of the Empowered, and when warriors were actually just a long forgotten myth in sPvP. I doubt it would work in the current metagame.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

High risk high reward- it rewards players that through skill and positioning set themselves up to land it

2 words: skull crack. Hardly any risk or positioning

And hb makes more sense to be in burst

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Swap Arcing Slice with Hundred Blades (gets rid of the Mace or Hammer Stun/swap/Hundred Blades issue). Give Arcing Slice a short (300-600) leap (but provides 4s Fury boon in lieu of Adrenaline loss); 8 second base cooldown and uses damage low level adrenaline damage coefficient. Done

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

I agree with the OP that a revamp is especially nessisairy for Greatswords Burst. Of course, this isn’t the first time this has come up, but Perhaps this is due to a general consensus that Arcing Slice is in fact lacking.

My thought process behind a new Greatsword Burst skill comes from having played all professions in PvP, the Warrior profession mechanics (non-traited) seem a little lackluster in comparison to the others. But more importantly all other burst skills have unique utility to them that allows very effective combo’s and positioning, all except the Greatswords Arcing Slice. Don’t get me wrong I love the Warrior it is one of my top favorite to play but allow me to continue:

As it has been discussed previously in this Topic as well as in general across the forums the boon Fury is very easily aquired across all builds as a Warrior, and it should stay that way. But to have a full Adrenal Arcing Slice yield moderate damage with a moderate duration of a boon you likely had already seems strange. I think each Weapons Burst skill should incorporate different mechanics that could potentially be used not just with that specific weapon but for others as well..

With longbow We have a stronge Fire Field AOE that can deal a hybrid of power/condi damage while also yielding you extra might to you and Burning to foes by taking advantage of the fire field. It is also fantastic for its almost guaranteed condition removal (when traited).

With Axe We have a high pressure ability that forces dodge roles and punishes those who don’t, as well as a seeking utility that is great for leading you to slippery targets or at the very least point you in the direction of those that Teleport out in the chaos of a heated skirmish.

Even with the simplicity of Mace we have acess to a slow but punishing stun that has a wind up animation that is practically identical to most mace attacks making counter play practically non existent. Because of this it’s on par with the Axe for its ability in competitive play to apply pressure by simply having it out. This coupled with its moderate damage and stun duration has endless applications.

But what does Arcing slice bring? A slow wind up for potentially a little over 15 seconds of Fury. The Damage isn’t small but for the time it takes to cast and the range required for successful hits it is even a poor option to use when traited to remove conditions.

Ultimately it’s how Greatsword is designed to be used in PvP that makes its Burst feel very Lackluster while bringing no utility or opportunity to combo from it.

This is of course, my experience as a heavy PvP enthusiast.

Suggestions
-Make it add x2 stacks of fury for 2/3/5 seconds.
-Make it attempt to hone in on your target for 2 consecutive strikes, divide total damage between both lunges.
-Make it a small AOE and remove boons based on your Adrenaline.
-Make it Block an attack and throw your sword causing daze for 1s/gain Vigor if not struck 2s/4s/6s.
-Make it Deal bonus damage to targets with Invulnerability or Protection.

Or change its mechanic entirely..

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Swap Arcing Slice with Hundred Blades (gets rid of the Mace or Hammer Stun/swap/Hundred Blades issue). Give Arcing Slice a short (300-600) leap (but provides 4s Fury boon in lieu of Adrenaline loss); 8 second base cooldown and uses damage low level adrenaline damage coefficient. Done

And then you make Hammer warrior the only competitive build besides bunker? Fantastic idea. Leading a stun into 100B is never, and has literally never in the history of the game, been an issue.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

And then you make Hammer warrior the only competitive build besides bunker? Fantastic idea. Leading a stun into 100B is never, and has literally never in the history of the game, been an issue.

Really… never in the history of this game has Stun/weapon swap/100B been an issue? …

in Warrior

Harper.4173

High risk high reward- it rewards players that through skill and positioning set themselves up to land it

2 words: skull crack. Hardly any risk or positioning

And hb makes more sense to be in burst

No it doesn’t. That’s just what you think.
Skull Crack has been fixed – since it was bugged with sigil – also 2 words : STUN BREAKER.

There is no Mace/Hammer stun / swap 100 b issue. Nobody is complaining about that. It’s hammer/longbow that is driving folks crazy.

Stop making up these things. Have you seen ANY posts on ANY Subforum complaining about HB? Jeez.
Larynx gets it . Stun 100b was an issue only before the quickness nerf. With the current quickness level you can’t unload that much damage in that short of a period.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Skull Crack has been fixed – since it was bugged with sigil – also 2 words : STUN BREAKER.

Okish, but the thing remains. How u want to land it with rifle/axe in offset using triple stance? Im waiting for that awesome answer. No, hoping for a enemy to lag/dc is not the answer.

If i want to use gs i am forced to use a specific weapon otherwise “gtfo gs”? Sounds a bad desing.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Okish, but the thing remains. How u want to land it with rifle/axe in offset using triple stance? Im waiting for that awesome answer. No, hoping for a enemy to lag/dc is not the answer.

If i want to use gs i am forced to use a specific weapon otherwise “gtfo gs”? Sounds a bad desing.

Because the skill requires you to have :
1) Good positioning – use it where the enemy cannot avoid it.
2) A complementary skill designed to assist you in landing it properly.

It gives a great reward – but you have to pay for it – triple stance won’t cut it.

You just want a F1- I win button don’t you?

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Because the skill requires you to have :
1) Good positioning – use it where the enemy cannot avoid it.
2) A complementary skill designed to assist you in landing it properly.

It gives a great reward – but you have to pay for it – triple stance won’t cut it.

You just want a F1- I win button don’t you?

Did i ever said i want a iwin button or to actually give gs a synergy between its OWN skills? Tell me..what other weapon in warrior needs an assist in form of cc to land? Evi? Nope. Final thrust, flurry, ES? Um nope.. The olny one i can think of is combu shot – but thats has completely different role.

Also how exacly its gives a great reward when im does just as high dps if not highter with axe aa being completely mobile while doing so?

U still dindt answered my question how to land the whole hb with rifle/axe without cc utilities. Few months ago its was actually mentioned by devs: “if i have to use cc in order to land a skill then whats its doing here?” or something like that.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

You land it by using positioning – forcing your opponent to take that damage.

Eg – one guy is down and another trying to res – you 100b them both.
Choke points.
Cap zones.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

You land it by using positioning – forcing your opponent to take that damage.

Eg – one guy is down and another trying to res – you 100b them both.
Choke points.
Cap zones.

You actually have to down someone spamming 1 and sometimes 3 and 4 with gs.
Also any skill can be used in downed/rezzing players. Look i can use killshot against them..Point? The olny one i can see is to force enemy to step back/dodge roll but many skills actually can do that.

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Really… never in the history of this game has Stun/weapon swap/100B been an issue? …

Only for bad players.

in Warrior

Posted by: PizzaSHARK.2741

PizzaSHARK.2741

GS now has three mobility skills? Why?