Answer(Not)today(never)from Chap about adren

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Communicating-with-you/page/30#post4411816

Thanx Maxwell.7843 !

Now lets hope for a +5 / +10 sec before decay..

in Warrior

Posted by: Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Jana von Ritterstein.6371

So the hope still remains!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

of course the guy has no issues with adrenaline playing a zerg build shout war… you get so much adrenaline in a zerg just swinging at the crowd it’s completely off scale with any other part of the game, especially leveling areas. doesn’t help that shouts can be traited to generate extra adrenaline.

it’s nice to know they are actually going to look into this however, let’s just hope it doesn’t take 6 months to do something-

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Chap might reply to this. I play a warrior (PVT Shout Heal) and to be honest and quite happy with the changes. He knows more than I about balance however so i will bring it up with him tomorrow morning.

Chris

“and to be honest and quite happy with the changes.”

I wonder if that’s how he really feels or what he has to say as a representative of Anet. I doubt they’d let him say on the forum, “well yeah, the adrenaline changes were harsh and we didn’t exactly think them through very far even though people brought these issues up weeks before the update was even released”.

And the decay is only a small part of it. What we really need addressed is the fact that quite a few traits and several skills are completely and utterly worthless now. Some of them that were build defining traits, too.

To he honest I’m not hopeful anything will be fixed in any decent amount of time. We’ll be lucky to get a few insignificant buffs (hi, arcing slice) in the next 6 months.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

assuming the “buffs” won’t leave us even worse off.

“hey guys i have exciting news!!” (excting is anet’s favorite word) “we heard you and increased the amount of time the adrenaline needs to start decaying to 5 seconds after battle, but to keep it fair now you need 60 strikes to fill it up! isn’t it just great?”

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

Chap might reply to this. I play a warrior (PVT Shout Heal) and to be honest and quite happy with the changes. He knows more than I about balance however so i will bring it up with him tomorrow morning.

Chris

I wonder if that’s how he really feels or what he has to say as a representative of Anet. I doubt they’d let him say on the forum, “well yeah, the adrenaline changes were harsh and we didn’t exactly think them through very far even though people brought these issues up weeks before the update was even released”.

And the decay is only a small part of it. What we really need addressed is the fact that quite a few traits and several skills are completely and utterly worthless now. Some of them that were build defining traits, too.

To he honest I’m not hopeful anything will be fixed in any decent amount of time. We’ll be lucky to get a few insignificant buffs (hi, arcing slice) in the next 6 months.

I doubt Chris is lying I’m actually friends with Chris we used to play in Rethesis together. it’s just easier to get adrenaline in a zerg. the issue isn’t in a zerg style combat but in spvp / roaming (small scale battle where it can be reset easily) which Chris does much less of. he’s a good person and really try’s to help out players. I’ve seen him literally ask in guild chat what changes we would like to see. Ofc Rethesis is dead now and chris and me are still friends were just not in the same guild anymore.

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

Chris

I doubt Chris is lying I’m actually friends with Chris we used to play in Rethesis together. it’s just easier to get adrenaline in a zerg. the issue isn’t in a zerg style combat but in spvp / roaming (small scale battle where it can be reset easily) which Chris does much less of. he’s a good person and really try’s to help out players. I’ve seen him literally ask in guild chat what changes we would like to see. Ofc Rethesis is dead now and chris and me are still friends were just not in the same guild anymore.

Interesting you say that. I was in rethesis too, almost from the start back on Darkhaven.

Now that the off topic part is over..

I didn’t necessarily say he was lying. Just that he probably can’t say exactly how he feels about the changes as an anet representative and employee.

Anyone with the most basic understanding of the class can see that the changes to adrenaline broke more than it fixed. Aside from pleasing the anti-warrior forum whiners that is. The absolute worst part, is, as I said, that we warned them kitten was gonna get broken weeks before the update.

Did they listen? Nope.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

Chris

Interesting you say that. I was in rethesis too, almost from the start back on Darkhaven.

Now that the off topic part is over..

I didn’t necessarily say he was lying. Just that he probably can’t say exactly how he feels about the changes as an anet representative and employee.

Anyone with the most basic understanding of the class can see that the changes to adrenaline broke more than it fixed. Aside from pleasing the anti-warrior forum whiners that is. The absolute worst part, is, as I said, that we warned them kitten was gonna get broken weeks before the update.

Did they listen? Nope.

neat I joined with re when they were in kain and teamed with WM and RISE. then followed them to TC. up until the disbanded.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It was obvious that most of the changes that went up with the last patch were warriors being placed on the sacrificial stone of pleasing people on the forums.

Don’t worry – we’re out of sight now – rangers are taking and will take all the flack now.

I hope they at least fix some of what they broke with this change but I’m not going to hold my breath.

Also if you think anyone is actually going to respond like Chris said – I’m sorry to break it to you.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

Hey what’s up man.

Before this change, it was the case that the Warrior Dogged/Cleansing specs were able to pretty much just spam their burst skills and remove condies. We had a lot of players (on forums and in person, talking to them at Gamescom) talking about how they wanted to have more play/skill to this, and they also wanted (if they were players who played AGAINST this type of Warrior) to have more counter-play.

This change means that Warriors need to be thinking ahead to their condition cleanse, as they will no longer be able to get them without risk. It also means that missing a burst skill can hurt the Warrior more than it did before, so even if you’re not running Cleansing, an opponent making you miss your burst skill can be a really big, really impactful moment in a fight.

This change means that some Warrior specs will need to shift/adjust, and you’ll need to do more “setting up” of your burst skill (to give it a higher chance to land) if you’re relying on Cleansing for condie clears.

I’m very confused… how can you spam an ability that has a 7-10 second cool down?

I especially like this..

“We had a lot of players (on forums and in person, talking to them at Gamescom) "

So basically. They did listen to all the whiners who refused to adapt their play to counter warriors and just assumed that since they’re obviously the best players in the world and a warrior beat them that warrior is OP.

Okay, whatever. We lose adrenaline on a miss. Now address the extremely short sighted change that is adrenaline decay out of combat. And while you’re at fix the 8 or so traits that this change made nearly to completely useless.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: Agrik.7465

Agrik.7465

I like this one:

you’ll need to do more “setting up” of your burst skill (to give it a higher chance to land) if you’re relying on Cleansing for condie clears.

Yeah we have tons of ways to just drop CI and go BR + mending or something.. works great in pvp right!? pff..

Its CI that made use viable vs this condi crap (and CI still issnt enough against condi spam) but yeah i would love to see JonathanSharp running BR+ mending build or maby shout+ warhorn in pvp.. good luck!! maby you will kill some pets/minons.

If you dont go for CI you have to spec FULL offensive and hope your target dies before you,.. this issnt really viable in pvp.

But hey lets all use Bulls or Bolas right!?? because those skills hit 100% just like rush right!?? those skills dont have any problems right?!?!

I understand the point he was trying to make about counters, but feel that “countering” those counters or “setting up” largely depends upon having opponents who will not have the situational awareness to avoid your burst one way or another (unless perhaps you use bow… But I figure the bow burst is next up for nerf anyway?). Meanwhile of course you are dying from conditions whilst trying to set up your burst to clear said conditions, while your opponent who if they’ve presence of mind will save their evades/block/blind/interrupt etc etc to stop your burst skill. If you’re “depending on CI” to remove conditions while they are stacked on you, and meanwhile are playing cat and mouse trying to use up your opponent’s counters those conditions will eat you up beforehand.
Personally I’ve not found warriors OP compared to what, guardian/necro/mesmer/thief/engineer/bunker ele? But I did find warriors fun to play with functional adrenaline in place. I’m not sad to be seeing rangers having something of a day in the sun on the other hand, they have had a hard road.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

I’m not sad to be seeing rangers having something of a day in the sun on the other hand, they have had a hard road.

Warrior had the hardest road to begin with. At least rangers had spirit ranger and condi ranger to be decent in pvp and dueling. The first year of this game, warriors were unviable in any pvp area.

Who gives a kitten though. I am not bothered by any change but the adrenaline decay out of combat. This fixes nothing but is a serious QoL reduction for any warrior. Honestly, I can’t wrap my head around the fact that somebody came up with this, and apparently got the idea approved, nay, implemented in the game.

It get’s even worse. Some utilities and traits that specifically focus on adrenaline storage did not get even the slightest attention. IMO the patch was half done when they brought it out.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m not sad to be seeing rangers having something of a day in the sun on the other hand, they have had a hard road.

Warrior had the hardest road to begin with. At least rangers had spirit ranger and condi ranger to be decent in pvp and dueling. The first year of this game, warriors were unviable in any pvp area.

Who gives a kitten though. I am not bothered by any change but the adrenaline decay out of combat. This fixes nothing but is a serious QoL reduction for any warrior. Honestly, I can’t wrap my head around the fact that somebody came up with this, and apparently got the idea approved, nay, implemented in the game.

It get’s even worse. Some utilities and traits that specifically focus on adrenaline storage did not get even the slightest attention. IMO the patch was half done when they brought it out.

That is my biggest gripe. Leaving 8 or so traits and skills utterly broken and knowing that we will have to live with them for roughly 6 to 12 months. After 4 k hours I’ve practically stop playing my warrior not because he is weak but because he feels like I’m playing an early beta. At least the class felt polished at some point unlike some other classes in the game.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Warrior

Harper.4173

And since the adrenaline mechanic was nerfed I’m surprised why some of the F1 skill weren’t buffed to compensate.

They were previously nerfed in a context where we had the old aren system. With the new system these skills are a joke at best.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

That is my biggest gripe. Leaving 8 or so traits and skills utterly broken and knowing that we will have to live with them for roughly 6 to 12 months. After 4 k hours I’ve practically stop playing my warrior not because he is weak but because he feels like I’m playing an early beta. At least the class felt polished at some point unlike some other classes in the game.

This is strictly what I believe to be a PR move. They wanted to appease the masses of whiners so they threw the class onto the fire.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Could someone explain the logic why a condition removal needs be counterable by opponent’s active defense?

What counterplay for example Brawler’s Recovery has? Or pretty much any other condition removal…

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

Could something explain the logic why a condition removal needs be counterable by opponent’s active defense?

What counterplay for example Brawler’s Recovery has? Or pretty much any other condition removal…

Warrior is being held to a standard that doesn’t exist for other classes. Because apparently only no-talent scrubs ever played warriors and that needed to change.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I think the problem is the dev thinks we are complaining about the adrenaline on miss. Of course that’s not what we are complaining about. Adrenaline loss out of combat is the main culprit that has ruin many traits and utilities that was design with the old system of adrenaline in mind. The warrior class needs traits and utility reword for the new adrenaline change. The warrior definitely needs faster adrenaline build up as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Well, adrenaline loss on miss is just perplexing because it doesn’t affect LB: the #1 used warrior weapon and #1 weapon for using CI. Now, that fact is even more amplified.