Any day now for a buff

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Ok anet when will the warrior get anything?

You increased base dmg for warrior when revs/thieves/ and now druids do more dps base damage. How can we even compete when revs have 2 heals? Thieves have invisibility and shadow step to get away? Druids have cele form which means warrior has to do enough damage to take them down before they use it or sustain enough to get them down twice.

You gave us alot of condi dmg but the majority comes from being in beserk mode. Rev just smashes button and boom 5-6 stacks of torment/chill/psn and mesmers are now playing bunker passive condi and with warriors single target attacks it becomes very difficult to land these big burst hits when mesmer can go invulnerable/distortion/blink away. All the while going invisible and stacking 1-3 confusion/burn/bleed and its constant.

Who is warrior suppose to beat? What is its role in team fights when literally every other class fills a role better and its not just one class but its 2-3 classes better at support/dps/bunker/free lancing/ group fights/ 1 vs 1 fights/ and i sit here wondering what to do.

I feel like Ele is in this same spot but it has 2 decent builds imo but this class has been forced into shouts but warrior doesnt even have stat. Warrior has been forced into stances and its not even that good.

The rage skills have to be the worst skills in the game as well, for PvP and WvW and i know Anet cares far more for PvE but really? Really these skills have limited range, can easily be side stepped and the heal skill alone makes me wonder if the warrior should still be a class in PvP.

At some point will warrior get anything useful for PvP?

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

i know Anet cares far more for PvE

Good joke

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Anet barely cares about pve. Every class has had 1 maybe 2 viable weapon choices in pve since launch.

I agree with most of what you’re saying though

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

You increased base dmg for warrior when revs/thieves/ and now druids do more dps base damage. How can we even compete when revs have 2 heals? Thieves have invisibility and shadow step to get away? Druids have cele form which means warrior has to do enough damage to take them down before they use it or sustain enough to get them down twice.

You gave us alot of condi dmg but the majority comes from being in beserk mode. Rev just smashes button and boom 5-6 stacks of torment/chill/psn and mesmers are now playing bunker passive condi and with warriors single target attacks it becomes very difficult to land these big burst hits when mesmer can go invulnerable/distortion/blink away. All the while going invisible and stacking 1-3 confusion/burn/bleed and its constant.

Who is warrior suppose to beat? What is its role in team fights when literally every other class fills a role better and its not just one class but its 2-3 classes better at support/dps/bunker/free lancing/ group fights/ 1 vs 1 fights/ and i sit here wondering what to do.

I feel like Ele is in this same spot but it has 2 decent builds imo but this class has been forced into shouts but warrior doesnt even have stat. Warrior has been forced into stances and its not even that good.

The rage skills have to be the worst skills in the game as well, for PvP and WvW and i know Anet cares far more for PvE but really? Really these skills have limited range, can easily be side stepped and the heal skill alone makes me wonder if the warrior should still be a class in PvP.

We are supposed to beat necros and idk who you ve been playing against but ele are pretty strong atm, bunker fresh aire condi ele at least. But you do have some great point; herr is a thing though we can counter any class granted with have the appropriate build.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

kdaddy.5431

We are supposed to beat necros and idk who you ve been playing against but ele are pretty strong atm, bunker fresh aire condi ele at least. But you do have some great point; herr is a thing though we can counter any class granted with have the appropriate build.

I have not seen any good fresh air ele so far, though the people i play with we target ele first in matches to see if they are bunkers.

Also when the people i play with were build crafting we were not building x class to counter. I try to create the best condi warrior/rev/thief/ for 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 and we go at it. Obviously there are match ups based on build that will allow a warrior to win based on build and style of play but when we did 1 vs 1 condi necro vs condi warrior warrior lost, same with rev and thief and ranger. Just my opinion though.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

kdaddy.5431

Anet barely cares about pve. Every class has had 1 maybe 2 viable weapon choices in pve since launch.

I agree with most of what you’re saying though

i say that because anet balances around PvE more because PvP and WvW are so different from it. Maybe im assuming to much but i just feel that way after the comments they have had made about PvP and WvW when it comes to game play.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

warrior dmg is far superior than thief. the balance patch didnt changed that, thief got more burst but warrior does more dmg overall. Warriors are in good spot atm not on the future nerf bat and not in the out of meta spot.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

kdaddy.5431

warrior dmg is far superior than thief. the balance patch didnt changed that, thief got more burst but warrior does more dmg overall. Warriors are in good spot atm not on the future nerf bat and not in the out of meta spot.

If you read my original post on the 1 vs 1 aspect of it yeah warrior can beat a thief but thats not gonna be a actual role on teams. If you make a 1 vs 1 warrior can you beat a ranger/necro or rev of equal skill level? Answer is no

Also being on that list of classes that wont get nerfed what does that mean? This game has pumped 1 class and killed another and all i simply want is multiple classes having multiple options to play at a high level.

For instance before HOT and right before the conjure weapons nerf i was in the AG tourney and the team was on had a ele who used staff with the shield/frostbow/fiery great sword weapons. I played staff ele with cantrips and we did great. This is when the OP D/D ele was still there and we were able to overcome it.

You didnt have that last PvP season when playing non meta builds. This season will be different but saying wait for the nerfs of other classes isnt what i truly want. Warrior and other classes need to have multiple working builds that dont have to be OP but capable of having a impact on the game.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Sandrox.9524

If you read my original post on the 1 vs 1 aspect of it yeah warrior can beat a thief but thats not gonna be a actual role on teams. If you make a 1 vs 1 warrior can you beat a ranger/necro or rev of equal skill level? Answer is no

Also being on that list of classes that wont get nerfed what does that mean? This game has pumped 1 class and killed another and all i simply want is multiple classes having multiple options to play at a high level.

For instance before HOT and right before the conjure weapons nerf i was in the AG tourney and the team was on had a ele who used staff with the shield/frostbow/fiery great sword weapons. I played staff ele with cantrips and we did great. This is when the OP D/D ele was still there and we were able to overcome it.

You didnt have that last PvP season when playing non meta builds. This season will be different but saying wait for the nerfs of other classes isnt what i truly want. Warrior and other classes need to have multiple working builds that dont have to be OP but capable of having a impact on the game.

But it will happen and that is how anet works so nothing to do about it but to sit and wait. Like I said warrior is still in better spot than other classes saying you cant beat necro on ewual skill on point is false since CC zerk warrior can and just look at thief that can do nothing alone againstm ost of the classes and bound to +1.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

kdaddy.5431

But it will happen and that is how anet works so nothing to do about it but to sit and wait. Like I said warrior is still in better spot than other classes saying you cant beat necro on ewual skill on point is false since CC zerk warrior can and just look at thief that can do nothing alone againstm ost of the classes and bound to +1.

Who are you playing because this is not true. Magic toker and caed during the last PvP season and in the ESL leagues won 1 vs 1 vs bunker mesmer/revanent/ and DH.

Once again if you read my previous post if your playing a zerk warrior how does it compare vs other zerk builds? Im sorry but maybe a bad necro loses to a zerk warrior which is why we saw so many to counter the necros in the ESL league, oh wait they were not there.

Maybe im wrong but with the boost to necros and thieves and these classes were already really good in the hands of really good players only got stronger and you keep saying warrior counters necro when its simply not true and watching the necro streamers of the game show it.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Whatever buff they have in mind or dont have in mind, we will probably have to wait another season for it.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

Sandrox.9524

Who are you playing because this is not true. Magic toker and caed during the last PvP season and in the ESL leagues won 1 vs 1 vs bunker mesmer/revanent/ and DH.

Once again if you read my previous post if your playing a zerk warrior how does it compare vs other zerk builds? Im sorry but maybe a bad necro loses to a zerk warrior which is why we saw so many to counter the necros in the ESL league, oh wait they were not there.

Maybe im wrong but with the boost to necros and thieves and these classes were already really good in the hands of really good players only got stronger and you keep saying warrior counters necro when its simply not true and watching the necro streamers of the game show it.

Where have you seen that I wrote warrior COUNTER necro?
Although havent seen ESL, I cant belive MT and Caed took down good bunkers players 1v1 before balance patch.

Any day now for a buff

in Warrior

kdaddy.5431

It was week 2 i think right before caed left vs final form i think and MT beat muffins in a 1 vs 1, thief vs rev.