Any "tanky" build for pve explore?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rohirrim.9328

Rohirrim.9328

Hello all. I have decided to explore the map with my warrior (currently 42%). I would like to make a “tanky” build so I can survive on difficult situations (pull lot of mobs, conditions, freaking Dredge , etc.

I also have a Guardian and run a 0/0/30/30/10 with greatsword/Hammer and Mace/Shield and Knight Armor and I love the fact that I can sacrifice some damage to be able to take much much more hits!

So I would like to do so with my Warrior too. I don’t care if the mobs die in 1 second or 5 seconds, I just want a relaxing exploration and also I don’t get punishment for mistakes (wrong dodge, etc).

So I am open to suggestions! Traits build, weapons, Armor (Knight, Sentinel, etc).

To avoid misunderstanding and blame from elitists: I don’t intent to do dungeons or pvp with that build. So you don’t have to worry being on your group..

(edited by Rohirrim.9328)

in Warrior

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

It’s easy running around in full berserker gear especially if you use healing signet. I don’t know why you need something tanky.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: Rohirrim.9328

Rohirrim.9328

I am currently running a DPS build in full berserker gear http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR3ZjkOZv9OKPMxBAzjhAqoLDqYSfwOA-jQCBYfCykfBiEBOzUZNPVQs4qIas6aYKXER1GcFRrWKgRVGB-e

When running on the level 70+ zones and fight 2-3 mobs, they can drop my health to 50% almost instantly (while using HB). This is not true for my guardian. But anyway, I don’t want to argue what is easy and what is not, cause this is very subjective and much depended on personal skill. I am looking for a build that can take more hits and do moderate damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cosmin.8306

Cosmin.8306

Well you can try this, http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJARUnkOk8YzDSBxEZAxo4HAijiAkJSPQjBMNA-jACBYLBigAgoAKBqIaslhFRjVvATdiIq2boIa1A-e .

Pretty tanky/dps and healing shouts helps a lot. If you don’t like to use rifle you can change the first major in arms with rending strikes or furious speed. Also if you like to run around with a banner you can swich shrug it of with inspiring banners and get perma buff form them. I find traveler runes to be v good for exploring (+25% ms) and good overall stats. Food and consumable ,well anything that you like i guess for open world pve it’s not crucial to have a specific one.

Hope this helps

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’ve been using a modified version of my WvW roaming build and it works pretty kitten well. Hammer/GS 0-30-20-0-20, looks like this, the utilities change depending on which zones I am in, I sometimes slot more condition removal.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|2.1g.h2.0.0.0|1.1g.h4.0.0.0|5g.7r.5g.7r.5g.7r.5g.7r.5g.7r.5g.7r.0.0.0.0.0.0|1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67|0.u67a.k3a.0.k36|0.0|5x.69.6i.6d.6m|e

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

so you basically want a build that is very “relaxing” to explore with?

Get 30pts in defense. Adrenaline heal+Healing signet+added toughness will keep you healty so long as you keep your adrenaline up. Also pick the auto endure pain and auto balanced stance traits for maximum forgiveness (with stance duration increase trait too). This makes up your “lazyness” core, you can literally not look at the screen and the game will make sure you don’t die.

After that, pick 30 points in strenght. Since you want your adrenaline full anyway berserker power will help making short work of mobs, that and the +10% GS damage trait. As per the remaining trait either pick the 7% power to vitality trait or the falling damage decrease. It sucks anywhere else but it might just save you if you fall down trying to get to a vista.

Finally, i’d suggest the last 10pts into discipline to reduce your signet recharge.

Your main weapon should be a GS (excellent damage and mobility), as a switch you can either get a ranged weapon of sort or something/shield if you really feel you need even more “save my behind” buttons.

Finally, as utility i suggest endure pain/dolyak signet/signet of stamina/signet of rage. Signets are ok and relaxing, as they work whitout your input. Plus with dolyak and stamina signets you get an extra stability on demand, reduced damage, all of the rolls and an emergency cleanse-all-conditions. Signet of rage is very self explanatory.

It doesn’t get any lazier than this, you are never going to die unless you run into 30 dredge, fall off a cliff or get trampled on by some champion while still having an ok-ish damage to not spend 2 hours killing a veteran.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR3ejkOFvtQCPMxBA0jvyaLzjfAqIVB7A-e

notice i included no armor in this link, i could tell you to use zerker but in exploaration anything goes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You get a lot more DPS from your trait than you gear so if you want an hybrid build you better get a good Trait with a mix of Knight/Zerker Armor or full Knight if you really want. I recommend to use GS and Axe/Mace with the meta 30/25/0/0/15 and take Knight Armor with Zerker Trinkets. You already have good amount of HP and you’ll have good amount of toughness with knight armor. Use the healing signet, its the best healing the warrior have and by far. For you rune, the best would be rune of the scholar, but if you only want to run around in PVE, maybe this cost to much for you so maybe use ruby orbs. You could also use rune of the soldier to get extra condition removal if you think you need it.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: WildFang.7190

WildFang.7190

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAseSjkOBwFPuQMxBE0jrILqCThfI9IMGw1A-jwCkittenjkFAEBLaMLqIaslNFRjVvATXaR1qXAmyAecKr+ERGA-e

This is what i use for tanking in PvE as my warrior.

You can use Signet of rage for swiftness (and 31% crit chance which is pretty decent), banner, and warhorn.

Your banner of defense will give even more heals due to inspiring battle standard trait. (you can switch it to any banner if you like) Couple that with healing signet and adrenal health, lotsa heals.

You can use any weapon combo , just make sure its got cleric stats on them.

Clearing conditions, just use your F1 ability if u have the adrenaline for it, should you need to get rid of conditions in a fight. Plus you have the shrug it off trait that pops when you get a condition.