Anyone who thinks the skull crack nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Was fair game is worse than braindead. There was already no point in taking Mace over Hammer back when Hammer and Mace were both considered OP.

This balancing is so bad LMAO.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I dunno what you’re on about, but either hammer neither mace are OP.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

OP some posts ago, talking about warrior:

“The skill floor isn’t even that low, you’ve never tried mace specs that chain CC while dps’ing.

You probably base your crap off of shoutbow and hambow, but I can’t really blame casual people who are scared to play the hard builds though.”

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Fox Of Precision.4187

Fox Of Precision.4187

Funnily enough, I was watching an old Skullcrack video the other day. I’m not kidding when I say a big smirk shot across my face as I watched that near instant, no telegraph skill stun people for 3 seconds as hundred blades diced them up and the warrior facetanked pretty much anything trying to stop ’em and I was as guilty as anyone for doing this.

It was hilariously OP.

Some charr engi and ranger – Audacity [Au]

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I do kind of agree with ANet putting a cast time on it. A 3 second stun theoretically every 10 seconds with no telegraph is a bit much. However, it was alot of what they nerfed around it that gradually put the mace out of favour and alot of buffs that other classes received. The combination of nerfs to the warrior and minor/major buffs to other classes. I also think as well that people adapted and learned how to fight it as well.

Mace is still a decent dueling build, it will definitely have it’s struggles against other builds, however I wouldn’t take mace over let’s say a hammer in a group fight. I wish Mace had something that made it more defining rather than a single target version of Earthshaker with a second longer stun.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Amir.1570

I do kind of agree with ANet putting a cast time on it. A 3 second stun theoretically every 10 seconds with no telegraph is a bit much. However, it was alot of what they nerfed around it that gradually put the mace out of favour and alot of buffs that other classes received. The combination of nerfs to the warrior and minor/major buffs to other classes. I also think as well that people adapted and learned how to fight it as well.

Mace is still a decent dueling build, it will definitely have it’s struggles against other builds, however I wouldn’t take mace over let’s say a hammer in a group fight. I wish Mace had something that made it more defining rather than a single target version of Earthshaker with a second longer stun.

You’re a wvw guy, try that in sPvP and you’ll see why I’m mad.

Skull Crack is the only means that Warrior had vs. people who abuses 10 million defensive cool downs, permavigor, and teleporting to vertical range to wait out stances. It’s just so pathetic that ANET thinks vertical range teleport isn’t broken and doesn’t need to be fixed much like the lightning whip stow cancel while skull crack is suddenly kittenous skill when that’s the only high skill cap thing that Warrior had going for it.

You can count dodges for all I care, it’s impossible to count dodges when certain classes have perma-vigor and 10 million stun breaks.

Just so pathetic, ANET really fails at simple balancing principles.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

“skull crack is suddenly kittenous skill when that’s the only high skill cap thing that Warrior had going for it.”

I lost faith in humanity, an other casual player who’s calling other build brainless and op.

Omg I lose to [put a random build/class here] it is definitly op! Try to play other builds/classes it would be a first step to see how skull crack isn’t that skilled as u think

Just because the combo is simple does not mean the playstyle is.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: MrKrataus.6420

MrKrataus.6420

Full melee, shield(easy weap), greatsword(2nd easiest weap) and the rotation is based on 3thing, yeah the playstyle is ez. Not op at all but ez, same sheet for guard medit.

[vM] Alkore

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Because mainhand mace is totally viable for purposes other than its burst skill. /sarcasm

Main hand mace still wasnt good even when its burst had no cast. Anyone who died to the mace stun hundred blades combo was just as bad as the people who died to the old bulls charge hundred blade spam back in the beta weekends.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

According to this guy the epitome of skill in GW2 is Zerker Warrior – Everything else is brainless

Pressing F1 on Mace switching Weapons and Pressing 2 on the GS

Amazing skills very impressive

in Warrior

Amir.1570

According to this guy the epitome of skill in GW2 is Zerker Warrior – Everything else is brainless

K, now go fight good players with that combo.

Wait til you fight someone with perma-vigor and permanent stun breaks, you would cry. Or are you just that bad that you don’t know how to fight warriors? Can’t tell but you seem bad either way.

The good players never had a problem with skull crack + GS. The high skill cap one was mace mainhand and axe + mace. NO ONE ever perfected that build yet mace f1 got nerfed anyways.

Like not gonna lie, you can’t be dumber than that when you think it’s that simple. GG.

in Warrior

Narkodx.1472

K, now go fight good players with that combo.

Wait til you fight someone with perma-vigor and permanent stun breaks, you would cry. Or are you just that bad that you don’t know how to fight warriors? Can’t tell but you seem bad either way.

The good players never had a problem with skull crack + GS. The high skill cap one was mace mainhand and axe + mace. NO ONE ever perfected that build yet mace f1 got nerfed anyways.

Like not gonna lie, you can’t be dumber than that when you think it’s that simple. GG.

Which build has permanent stun breaks? Must be really OP 6/6/6/6/6 are the traits right?

I checked your post history not only are the last 10+ posts of yours crying about nerfing everything besides Warrior but it amazes me you have been around this long and still haven’t learned to play

One day my friend

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Skull Crack is the only means that Warrior had vs. people who abuses 10 million defensive cool downs, permavigor, and teleporting to vertical range to wait out stances. It’s just so pathetic that ANET thinks vertical range teleport isn’t broken and doesn’t need to be fixed much like the lightning whip stow cancel while skull crack is suddenly kittenous skill when that’s the only high skill cap thing that Warrior had going for it.

You can count dodges for all I care, it’s impossible to count dodges when certain classes have perma-vigor and 10 million stun breaks.

I’ve PLAYED Mace/GS extensively, in both PvP and WvW. And dueling against decent opponents. From the day where people considered it overpowered to long after post-nerfs. I even have a video in my signature showcasing Mace/GS, and a thread in which I acknowledge all the weaknesses that come along with this build. I don’t mean to brag but I know more than alot of people the ins and outs of this build.

I see what you are saying but at the same time you still can’t justify a 3+ second stun on a 10 second CD with 1/4 second cast time. The problem with Mace isn’t Skull Crack. I think it is a balanced skill the way it is at the moment. The problem is that the Mace lacks things that make it truly unique and defining as a weapon. At the moment, it is pretty much a poor man’s hammer, except with more blocks and less CC/mobility/slower.

I do agree that Mace/GS is a different playstyle than most Warrior builds and it is higher skillcap. Because it requires more discipline, patience and paying closer attention to things like dodges, what cooldowns were used, etc. Skull Crack itself isn’t high skill cap, but the things you do to set yourself up for it is kind of. But it isn’t the highest skill cap build out there.

However, you can still apply lots of pressure on your opponent and force them to blow significant cooldowns so that when the time comes to use Skull Crack you have the best chance of landing it. And not every class has 10 million stunbreaks as you say. If anything, this build struggles against most Warrior builds because they are the closest thing to having 10 million stunbreaks.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Narkodx.1472

I’ve PLAYED Mace/GS extensively, in both PvP and WvW. And dueling against decent opponents. From the day where people considered it overpowered to long after post-nerfs. I even have a video in my signature showcasing Mace/GS, and a thread in which I acknowledge all the weaknesses that come along with this build. I don’t mean to brag but I know more than alot of people the ins and outs of this build.

I see what you are saying but at the same time you still can’t justify a 3+ second stun on a 10 second CD with 1/4 second cast time. The problem with Mace isn’t Skull Crack. I think it is a balanced skill the way it is at the moment. The problem is that the Mace lacks things that make it truly unique and defining as a weapon. At the moment, it is pretty much a poor man’s hammer, except with more blocks and less CC/mobility/slower.

I do agree that Mace/GS is a different playstyle than most Warrior builds and it is higher skillcap. Because it requires more discipline, patience and paying closer attention to things like dodges, what cooldowns were used, etc. Skull Crack itself isn’t high skill cap, but the things you do to set yourself up for it is kind of. But it isn’t the highest skill cap build out there.

However, you can still apply lots of pressure on your opponent and force them to blow significant cooldowns so that when the time comes to use Skull Crack you have the best chance of landing it. And not every class has 10 million stunbreaks as you say. If anything, this build struggles against most Warrior builds because they are the closest thing to having 10 million stunbreaks.

Don’t waste your time

Click on the guys name check post history

GG

in Warrior

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Don’t waste your time

GG

http://i.imgur.com/5mSr2oj.jpg

He was using mace shield and sword warhorn while doing very low damage he wasn’t even bunking. Having that guy on your team made it 4v5.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

(edited by Jelzouki.4128)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Don’t waste your time

GG

He was using mace shield and sword warhorn while doing very low damage he wasn’t even bunking. Having that guy on your team made it 4v5.

Wow. I’ve seen sore losers and irrationals, but… wow. This guy is just deprived in ethics, character, and intellect.

For the Six Gods’ sake, ANet, ban this punk! Players shouldn’t ever be subject to this kind of abuse!

in Warrior

Narkodx.1472

Don’t waste your time

GG

LOL I am so happy that you posted this

I already knew he was a POS anyway but this is some nice confirmation

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

just as bad as the people who died to the old bulls charge hundred blade spam back in the beta weekends.

You’d be surprised how many still fall for that

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Funnily enough, I was watching an old Skullcrack video the other day. I’m not kidding when I say a big smirk shot across my face as I watched that near instant, no telegraph skill stun people for 3 seconds as hundred blades diced them up and the warrior facetanked pretty much anything trying to stop ’em and I was as guilty as anyone for doing this.

It was hilariously OP.

I wish they brought it back and I don’t even play warrior, I play necromancer. Back then there were warriors everywhere, but now? There’s few outside of a zerg. Hambow and those old mace HB warriors are the main warrior builds I would have liked to test my necromancer on but those builds are almost dead.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

mace is still surperior and easier to play in dueling compare to most of the specs.

in Warrior

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

What is this thread lol

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

just as bad as the people who died to the old bulls charge hundred blade spam back in the beta weekends.

You’d be surprised how many still fall for that

Lol, I still use it to pretty good effect. I mean, I don’t combine it with Frenzy or anything, but melting some glass spec with 2/3 of a hundred blades, or having them blow a stunbreaker on what’s otherwise a run skill for me is pretty funny.

Then the hammer comes out.

Speaking of which, I can’t see any reason to go with mace over hammer. Less CC, only one of which is aoe, less damage, and the trait is clearly inferior. I was also in favour of the nerf to Skull Crack, but where it sits now combined with the more recent adren nerfs, I can’t see any reason why anyone would run it anymore.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I posted this a while ago but giving the mace perk give Skull Crack the ability to strip Stability would give the weapon an interesting role in PvP. In PvE you could maybe have it strip more stacks of Defiance. It would need to be testing but maybe have the Stability strip come before the stun which means you would basically smash right through it. However, that might be viewed as OP but lets not forget how obvious the animation is. It would be great for saving teammates in PvP/WvW and also for giving the weapon some use in PvE.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

mace is a strong weapon both m/gs msword/lb, i don’t know what you complaints are.
the only thing that’s holding mace sword/lb back from being a 5v5 build is the lack of AoE.

mace build can reckt almost every warrior build in a 1v1, that probably includes shoutheal as well.

mace will reckt hammer so hard, because mace can block two of the CCs, while hammer can only dodge. and mace 3 is so undodgeable.

stab is pretty much the only thing that can counter this build, yet if skull crack removes stab as well, no warrior build will win against it in a duel..

side note, warrior is the class that relies on stab the most, you pretty much just call a counter on yourself by yourself..

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

mace is a strong weapon both m/gs msword/lb, i don’t know what you complaints are.
the only thing that’s holding mace sword/lb back from being a 5v5 build is the lack of AoE.

mace build can reckt almost every warrior build in a 1v1, that probably includes shoutheal as well.

mace will reckt hammer so hard, because mace can block two of the CCs, while hammer can only dodge. and mace 3 is so undodgeable.

stab is pretty much the only thing that can counter this build, yet if skull crack removes stab as well, no warrior build will win against it in a duel..

side note, warrior is the class that relies on stab the most, you pretty much just call a counter on yourself by yourself..

Solution: Wait to use Stab until after the Skull Crack is used. Which you generally do anyways.

Also, ANet doesn’t balance for duels. Why would you in a team game? Not to mention you see a lot of Shout Wars with a short CD stun break now which would do fine against a mace.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)