Arcing Slice

Arcing Slice

in Warrior

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

I just wanted a few thoughts on arcing slice for spvp. For the most part it seems like it is too slow to hit anything. The mace is fine (though it will be nerfed so we will see how this goes), the axe is fine because it locks onto the target and is nearly instant, the bow is fine, the hammer is fine, but arcing slice I have problems with. Outside of the enemy dodging, blind, etc, within the 3/4sec they either move an inch out of range, or change directions behind me and so I miss anyways. SO I never seem to get a hit off of it unless I hit a mesmer’s clone or something equally as simple.

Is this somewhat everyone else’s experience or do I need to just get over it?

Thanks,

Arcing Slice

in Warrior

Posted by: Qoltera.3042

Qoltera.3042

Don’t even use it :P Keep another weapon with a good adrenaline burst skill on swap and if you feel the need to expend adrenaline, swap and go. The GS burst skill is notorious for being useless. We already have almost perm fury, and even our traits reward us for storing up adrenaline, so using the f1 skill on GS is almost pointless.

Arcing Slice

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I think I’ve used Arcing Slice in pvp all of twice, and boths times were accidental presses. As Qoltera said, fury uptimes are not difficult for warriors, so an F1 that basically only gives that is kind unnecessary. If Arcing Slice had a similar function to how kick works where it autofaces your target, and provided something else other than fury it might be useful. Just my 2 cents.

Arcing Slice

in Warrior

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

The reason I would want to use it:
Because I remove upto 3 conditions for a successful hit.

I do not hit every time with my second weapon, and even so some builds constantly put conditions on me and while 2nd set is still on cooldown I would need to switch and use the burst to save myself.

Just saying it would be nice to have two burst skills that work if I am going to enjoy the use of my trait. Otherwise it seems like everyone else is having the same trouble so at least I know that and can move on.

Thanks for the input.

Arcing Slice

in Warrior

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Arcing slice is fine as it is; it’s one of the few skills that actually feels like you are attacking with a real weapon and not some plastic toy that has stupidly fast animations. Yes, you have to actually time it and not rely on OP attack speeds for it too hit.

As for spvp; it is almost too slow, but that’s because everything else you could use is just stupidly fast.