Arcing Slice again

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Cosbuster.4379

Cosbuster.4379

I’ve been away for a while so excuse me if I’ve missed anything, but do we have any idea if it’s being looked at? I’d rather have something a little more useful and it’s not like we have so many skills to use that nobody misses it. Replacing crit chance with crit damage, giving it a huge dmg buff, pretty much anyting would be welcome at this point.

Being able to hit stuff with Rush a little more often would also be nice but let’s leave that for a different thread.

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Ottohi.2871

Ottohi.2871

There are more important things atm like making warriors and (s/t)PvP work right now (and WvW to a degree). However from a patch or two ago there are some possiblities. (gave updated tooltip that didn’t grant effects. Was caught and corrected)

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Well since the damage is bad and the fury boon is unnecessary as we have it from SoR that adren skill is basically useless.

What I would like to see is giving Vigor instead of Fury. We need Vigor badly to stay alive.

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I want to see a greatsword parry in the form of adrenaline.

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

if arching slice did increased crit damage it would be pretty neat.

say up to 50% increased crit damage, totally balanced since its not a guaranteed crit or anything.

or how about it knocked the opponent on their back, or had a massive knock back effect. how about making arching slice a boon hate skill, have it strip more boons the greater your adrenaline.

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Perhaps if it sliced the enemy in half it would be great!

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

arcing slice is that the whack a mole animation on greatsword?

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I was pretty surprised they didn’t make hundred blades the burst skill and made arcing slice #2… I dunno, that just makes much more sense to me.

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

I was pretty surprised they didn’t make hundred blades the burst skill and made arcing slice #2… I dunno, that just makes much more sense to me.

Likewise. It would (partially) mirror the sword burst (stand on the spot slashing foes in front, with GS being the higher damage version but Sword having bleeds and immobilize) and actually provide a reason to press F1 on the greatsword, considering all the potential advantages (crit, damage, healing, etc) you give up by doing so.

Could have adrenaline increase the speed of the animation

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Move 100B + Frenzy speed to burst ability and give GS a parry mechanic. Parry attack and counter attack doing X amount of damage. Stop parrying and gain adrenaline.

Though, in hindsight, this might make GS an overpowered weapon so damage would have to be monitored.

Other idea was increase damage of arcing slice and let it grant 3 seconds of frenzy but without the 50% increased damage.

Let 100B attack move but at a reduced speed, similar to Whirling Wrath.

Too many ways to improve the warrior.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

or how about it knocked the opponent on their back, or had a massive knock back effect. how about making arching slice a boon hate skill, have it strip more boons the greater your adrenaline.

I’d rather boon hate to be a utility so that it’s not limited to just one weapon. I think there needs to be more effort put in to make this game no longer Greatsword Wars.

Having said that, arcing slice does need to be changed. Then the GS warriors among us will be tempted to temporarily lose the 12% damage increase from berserker’s power. At the moment it’s just not worth that temporary loss which makes the trait lose the (i assume) intended balancing act between keeping your adrenaline and unleashing it.

(edited by sinzer.4018)

Arcing Slice again

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Move 100B + Frenzy speed to burst ability and give GS a parry mechanic. Parry attack and counter attack doing X amount of damage. Stop parrying and gain adrenaline.

Though, in hindsight, this might make GS an overpowered weapon so damage would have to be monitored.

Other idea was increase damage of arcing slice and let it grant 3 seconds of frenzy but without the 50% increased damage.

Let 100B attack move but at a reduced speed, similar to Whirling Wrath.

Too many ways to improve the warrior.

I don’t think adding a parry would be worthwhile. There’s parry mechanics on other weapons, so it would increase redundancy.

I think

Likewise. It would (partially) mirror the sword burst (stand on the spot slashing foes in front, with GS being the higher damage version but Sword having bleeds and immobilize) and actually provide a reason to press F1 on the greatsword, considering all the potential advantages (crit, damage, healing, etc) you give up by doing so.

Could have adrenaline increase the speed of the animation

would be quite fitting, especially because it gives a mechanism whereby people can keep their “frenzied” 100b while having the counterbalance of requiring adrenaline.

Right now, arcing slice is just a waste of space (yes, electronically stored data does actually have volume, though it is miniscule).