Are healing Shout Warrs still good?

in Warrior

Posted by: Schocker.9705

Schocker.9705

and how are shout wars built?
edit: im going to use this build for wvw
edit 2: i want to be tanky and supporty. will this help me do that?

(edited by Schocker.9705)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Someone will jump on here and tell you that they are the best and thats the only effective way to play a warrior. Truth is they used to be the only effective way to play a warrior. Since then warriors got a lot of new and nice things. You still play a shout warrior the build hasn’t changed and you cant use most of the new stuff warriors got. So I say its not the best anymore. Its still works but thats all there is to be said about it.

I actually want to say its not as good as it used to be. If you didn’t trait shouts to give adrenaline, you could get berserkers power or heightened focus. Not anymore. Those were the only traits that helped the build do damage, now it hits like a wet noodle.

Who is scared of a shout warrior on the field its a free bag in my eyes.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: Schocker.9705

Schocker.9705

i plan on using a shout war for a havoc squad, we have enough dmg, i think a shout war is optimal for us

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

i plan on using a shout war for a havoc squad, we have enough dmg, i think a shout war is optimal for us

That’s the key, what’s optimal for the setup. Warlord’s assessment is right on in many areas of the game. When I 1v1 against a shout warrior, I’m not worried because I know most of what he’s packing, and my build has plenty of tools to deal with what they bring to the table. When you put one in a group, they become a lot more scary, not as an individual, but because of what they contribute to the whole; which is what it sounds like you’re going to be doing. If your group decides they want to incorporate that build into their comp, it’s a strong addition.

There are also some very strong support options for other classes, but if you want to play a warrior or bring offensive support, then yes, you’re headed in a viable direction. If you are open to playing another class or want to support defensively, you would benefit from doing some exploring of other classes.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

No.

If you want to protect your teammates, play guard.

If you want to heal your teammates, play staff ele.

If you want to have personal sustain, increase your damage output and kill your opponent instead of trying to bunker.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Ya certain scenarios shout warrior is good. Its great when playing with PUGs or BADs, because most of the time they didn’t think as much about their build as you did, so they need to have there condis and healing babysat for them by a warrior. Most of you dont know how funny this sounds, since the general opinion are warriors that need to be babysat.

The funny thing about this is that most other classes have better sustain and condi mitigation than warriors, so as long as your not playing with a bunch of bads than I dont think its going to be as effective as other builds. I know this from 1st hand experience.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

It’s only worthwhile if you are going to use soldier’s runes with a warhorn (best group condition removal spec in the game). You’re already spending 20 points in that line so it only costs 10 points more, and you already have a reason to use 3x shouts because of the runes. Otherwise it doesn’t seem like a good tradeoff, especially since there are plenty of reasons to not use 3 shouts and the shouts only heal for ~1200 + 0.8*healpower.

in Warrior

Posted by: TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

Yep, as it’s been said, shouts are simply only good if you’re going to pair them with condition removal. I’ve personally tried both builds and shouts simply don’t recover the same amount of health that banners do. No way, no how. And the only two “real” arguments that can be made is that “there’s not enough room to maneuver with banners” and all I can wonder is…have they even tried using inspiring banners? That increases the radius and it’s PLENTY of room to manage the typical battle. The other argument being “I can’t loot during a fight ’cause I end up picking up the banner!” Well, why in the Hell are you trying to loot DURING a fight? You’re supposed to be contributing to the battle, not stuffing your greedy pockets. The loot will still be there when it’s over so do what you’re supposed to be doing and help others in the freakin’ battle!

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

The problem with banners healing is it’s a regen buff, which doesn’t stack intensity so you basically are counting on no one else having regen to maximize it’s potential. Pretty unlikely in a random group or WvW.

in Warrior

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

The problem with banners healing is it’s a regen buff, which doesn’t stack intensity so you basically are counting on no one else having regen to maximize it’s potential. Pretty unlikely in a random group or WvW.

But it still heals more damage than shouts. I’ve personally tested this myself so I’m just not seeing how anybody can claim that shouts heal more damage. In one quick spurt? Yes, but now you’re down that spurt and those buffs. Now somebody else needs a lift…down two spurts and those buffs. So on, so forth. If your PUG or zerg just isn’t playing up to par, then you’re going to run out of shouts very quickly. Face-tank some champions to see what I’m talking about. Even with a good bit of toughness, they can dish out enough damage, to include condition damage, to counteract the pace that shouts recharge, even with shortened cooldowns and Dwayna runes. But banner regeneration can still manage to recover such lost amounts. Also, it’s true that regeneration doesn’t stack in intensity…from one source. See what happens when you’ve got two or more banner warriors around. And no, I don’t mean using more than one of your own banners because the “source” counts as the player, not the banners so two completely different characters who are traited for healing banners will increase the regeneration intensity. And if done right, you’ll still have permanent buffs in place because of the various banners being used as opposed to shouts that can easily have their buffs stripped.

in Warrior

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

No.

If you want to have personal sustain, increase your damage output and kill your opponent instead of trying to bunker.

This game’s main philosophy is that you can play your way, so I respectfully disagree with you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

Someone will jump on here and tell you that they are the best and thats the only effective way to play a warrior. Truth is they used to be the only effective way to play a warrior. Since then warriors got a lot of new and nice things. You still play a shout warrior the build hasn’t changed and you cant use most of the new stuff warriors got. So I say its not the best anymore. Its still works but thats all there is to be said about it.

I actually want to say its not as good as it used to be. If you didn’t trait shouts to give adrenaline, you could get berserkers power or heightened focus. Not anymore. Those were the only traits that helped the build do damage, now it hits like a wet noodle.

probably still is the best way for most warriors to go in wvw…

built properly earthshaker with a shout heal hammer build hits for an AVERAGE of just shy of 25k total damage consistently (assuming u hit 5 people), not really wet noodlish in my experience

for some reason though there seems to be this odd fad with running pure pvt gear on a warrior right now, though i cant for the life of me figure out why.

banners are fun: they require the warrior casting them and his raid group to stand still to be useful. This is very fun for me as i hate having to chase people down to kill them!. standing still also gives our ranged classes abilities plenty of time to work on you too!

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

(edited by Tammuz.7361)

in Warrior

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

probably still is the best way for most warriors to go in wvw…

built properly earthshaker with a shout heal hammer build hits for an AVERAGE of just shy of 25k total damage consistently (assuming u hit 5 people), not really wet noodlish in my experience

for some reason though there seems to be this odd fad with running pure pvt gear on a warrior right now, though i cant for the life of me figure out why.

banners are fun: they require the warrior casting them and his raid group to stand still to be useful. This is very fun for me as i hate having to chase people down to kill them!. standing still also gives our ranged classes abilities plenty of time to work on you too!

Quick! Somebody send ANet a suggestion to let people carry banners! Oh, wait…

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

players who are carrying banners are kinda boring, when i hit them, they dont hit back very hard…

on a more serious note: banners would be decent if we could say spawn them or carry them on our back as opposed to not being able to use our weapon while carrying them, as they are right now they either:
a) sacrifice mobility
or
b) sacrifice players to cary them instead of participating in the fight… since lets be honest, banner ability damage and utility is a joke

dont get me wrong, they theoretically could do fairly decently in seige fights since the mobility loss is negligable as your fighting in a fixed area and if anyone backs up significantly they lose the choke point, cap point etc that they were fighting over, but in open field they are really lackluster…

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Warrior

TwoWaysyaWowT.3160

players who are carrying banners are kinda boring, when i hit them, they dont hit back very kitten a more serious note: banners would be decent if we could say spawn them or carry them on our back as opposed to not being able to use our weapon while carrying them, as they are right now they either:
a) sacrifice mobility
or
b) sacrifice players to cary them instead of participating in the fight… since lets be honest, banner ability damage and utility is a joke

dont get me wrong, they theoretically could do fairly decently in seige fights since the mobility loss is negligable as your fighting in a fixed area and if anyone backs up significantly they lose the choke point, cap point etc that they were fighting over, but in open field they are really lackluster…

Okay, now lets put theories aside and get back to reality a bit. For starters, the supporter isn’t supposed to be focused on combat. He should contribute in damage where he can but because he’s called a supporter and not a fighter, his role is ultimately to support the team. So, he very well can carry the banner and he can set it back down if need be…it only takes a second so lets not exaggerate things. On the other hand of reality, take a really good look at the typical zerg…and how there’s usually somebody or even several somebodies who obviously went straight from character creation to WvW. They should definitely be thinking about carrying the banner and using its buff skills while staying out of the fight as opposed to jumping into the middle of it with starter equipment. But, again, it only takes a second or even less to pick up and drop a banner and the benefits don’t instantly stop the moment you leave its radius so there’s plenty of room to play. Even out in an open field, on the move, and what else have you. I’ve seen it put to use in action many times and it works extremely well, hence me opting to run this build as opposed to all these waypoint warrior builds that are supposed to kill so fast that healing doesn’t matter…and I’m constantly having to raise them. Now, THAT is what brings a team down, when your supporters are constantly having to stop what they’re doing to revive all these big damage fanatics because they clearly weren’t even close to being as invincible as their egos thought.

(edited by TwoWaysyaWowT.3160)

in Warrior

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

The issue with shouts are:

1) You have to go full Tactics and live with the awful minor traits (guess that goes for banners as well)

2) You are forced to equip all shouts as utilities and will lack stability unless you also trait Last Stand on a 90 sec cooldown.

3) You feel forced to equip solider runes which destroys diversity (and damage). If not you need Cleansing ire and that practically makes you only a mediocre bunker as you need to go full Defense as well.

4) Traited Warhorn would be great with shouts (counts as a shout I was told) but alas, then you wont be able to take reduced cd on shouts.

All in all you get a build which primarily fits a bunker profile (but lacking protection) but with only mediocre support except for team condition removal.

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

No.

This game’s main philosophy is that you can play your way, so I respectfully disagree with you.

Then, why can’t my warrior stealth himself?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

shouts heal more because you can get decent reg uptime without banner if you run traited warhorn and dogged march, i even put 4 dwayna runes for 15 second reg procs. also.. patch incoming to buff shouts.

whatever build i try im always back to my shout / condi bunker very fast – it provides everything… sustain, mobility, damage, condi cleanse, armor.. only stability forces some saddening tradeoffs and control effects are limited to a lot of immobilizes. definately a winner, especially new people who dont want to run back from spawn all the time and still go right in the middle of the fray.

best build i can offer for shout warrior (condi bunker) is in my sig.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Keep in mind that shouts are getting a very big buff next patch.

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

By very big surely you must mean negligible. Ooh, each shout heals for 300 more!

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Shout heal warriors are incredible, if built correctly. Unfortunately few people know how to build a shout warrior correctly and I don’t share my builds. It is a fact that warriors are the best healers in game. Many idiots will disagree with this though who don’t know warrior’s full potential. Most people rely on incorrect formulas and FOTM cookie cutter builds and wonder why they fail so hard.

in Warrior

Posted by: Axtozob.4597

Axtozob.4597

By very big surely you must mean negligible. Ooh, each shout heals for 300 more!

Base heal : +25%
HP ratio : +12.5%

Yaki, we know you like to go full zerk glass canon and that’s a time waste to explain you that War can also support (banners/warhorn/shouts/combo fields), be condition bunkers (sword/dual swords/longbow), CC machine (hammer/mace/shield/physicals).

Warriors are not limited at the Skullcracker 100b build you know, with a bit of skill you can make every well-thought build viable. But you need a bit of skill

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

PVT armor + zerker trinkets and your choice of stat weapons with healing shouts is crazy strong. W/ soldier runes all your shouts will remove at least 1 condition off you and any nearby allies (2 w/ SIO) in addition to healing you / friendlies. So yes, for both support play and offensive play shout builds are very nice. I’ve been using it for almost a year and it’s been hard to wean off it just because of the utility it provides.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

No.

/GG end thread and give this man a cookie. couldnt have said it better myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Axtozob.4597

Axtozob.4597

No.

/GG end thread and give this man a cookie. couldnt have said it better myself.

And if you want to do these 3 things with one character ? You can play Guard, Ele or War. Np, your opinion is respectable, your argument isn’t.

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

full zerker for maximum sustain. respectable opinion. /shrug

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

I just find it hard to see people actually fear a group with shout warrior “comp” I am much more afraid of a 0 0 30 30 10 hammer GS shout guard with hallowed ground, stand your ground and hold the line with 50% boon duration than I am of a silly little shout heal warrior. people tend to forget warriors have such high base health, you can actually run much more high damage builds while still getting the same toughness and HP as other classes going heavy defense
running shout warrior is a disservice as of right now, maybe after the patch they will be slightly less of a joke and I wont be so blatantly doochey with my opinion of them.

in Warrior

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

As of now, banner regen heals more than shouts, but lacks burst heal. Personally, I prefer banner regen, but will give shout heal a try after the buff.

This is my banner regen warrior:
http://youtu.be/rqyrd-yZeZ8?t=6s
(412hp/sec for 20 people)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

Off hand banner could be interesting.

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

Shout heal warriors are incredible, if built correctly. Unfortunately few people know how to build a shout warrior correctly and I don’t share my builds. It is a fact that warriors are the best healers in game. Many idiots will disagree with this though who don’t know warrior’s full potential. Most people rely on incorrect formulas and FOTM cookie cutter builds and wonder why they fail so hard.

ROFL

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Shout warriors pretty much only excel at zerging but since the buff to the warriors we have so much build diversity now that shout builds seem kind of meh. Still, most Commanders I know run PVT soldier rune healing shouts. Banners are great for defending lord rooms and camps.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

Base heal : +25%
HP ratio : +12.5%

25% of 1300 is about 300. You use healing power? Sigh. Cool, now you do 450 more!

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

As of now, banner regen heals more than shouts, but lacks burst heal. Personally, I prefer banner regen, but will give shout heal a try after the buff.

Because out of those 20 people, no one else brings regen. I’m also still wondering how you get 2500 heal power that it takes to get 412/sec regen.

Not to mention if you’re just zerging, who cares what build you run. It pretty irrelevant whether your build is good (it’s not) or bad (it is).

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

Because out of those 20 people, no one else brings regen. I’m also still wondering how you get 2500 heal power that it takes to get 412/sec regen.

Not to mention if you’re just zerging, who cares what build you run. It pretty irrelevant whether your build is good (it’s not) or bad (it is).

I think its viable coz there is obviously not enough regen/heal going around, hence you see all those regen ticks. And yes, usually builds don’t matter as much in wvw zergs because aoe in this game is often limited to 5 people. However, if you can regen on a larger scale (15-20 people), at 400hp/sec, I think the support build is worth it.

I don’t have 2500 healing power. I’m not fully geared yet, sitting at around 2000-2100. The maximum healing power cap for warriors is around 2470 (around 438hp/sec regen).

Edit: Forgot to mention, I was healing a little more since there was an 8% buff from wvw bonus

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

Say we get a vigorous shout buff
Vigorous Shouts: Increased the base healing by 25%. Increased the healing stat scaling from 80% to 90%

With 2100 healing power, a shout would heal 3380.
Traited shouts with lowest cooldown: 20s, 20s, 24s (If I remember correctly, shouts are instant and has no cast time)
That totals up to an avg of 28730hp/min (for 5 people)

A single banner at 2100 healing power is 23520hp/min (for 5 people)
Lets say you use three banners most of the time (Elite banner on stand by to revive people): Thats 23520hp/min (for 15 people)

So you’re basically deciding between burst healing a small group for more, or a sustained lesser heal for a larger group. Of course there are other factors such as the passive and active effects that shouts and banners bring, and whether or not theres already another high regen distributor in the group.

Let me know if I did the calculation wrong lol :O

Edit:
Including the current vigorous shout:
2872hp/shout
24412hp/min with the same 3 shouts.*

I prefer banners right now~

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Warrior

Steelo.4597

you can have regen without banner trait, but not shout healing without vigorous shouts.

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

you can have regen without banner trait, but not shout healing without vigorous shouts.

The point of traiting banner regen is to provide regen for a large group of people. Shout heal is limited to 5 people.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

It was never good.

in Warrior

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

I have played shout warrior since I leveled mine to 80. I have tried Skullcrack/100b, I have tried S/S Longbow Condi build, I have even tried a few other experimental builds that rely heavily on team composition.

The fact is that a balanced shout warrior slots into groups so much better than almost any other build the class has to offer.

Skullcrack builds are great for taking down and disable single opponents once you drain off their stun breaks but their damage can be mitigate by coordinated peeling and focus fire to force them on the defensive and they essentially can easily become a liability to the team in an inexperienced players hands. A great skullcrack warrior that knows when to hold and when to rush can be a great benefit though because of their extremely high burst damage combined with their disables and the ability to chase down runners when supported with speed buffs.

The banner condi build with SS/LB is great for small skirmishing with groups of 5 or less. The lack of cleansing always seems to be a detriment to my Havoc groups though. But their ability to control the battle field and provide light support is very impressive. The banners can be a bit of a hassle to keep up with but are great utility for your team.

Then the shout warrior, bringing AOE control, healing support, buffs, speed and massive cleansing with WH and Soldier runes. They are extremely hard to kill and do far more damage than some people give them credit for. I think most people fail with them when they don’t trait WH for the extra cleansing and try to use 3 shouts instead of 2. WH trait + 2 shouts with soldier runes is a massive amount of AOE cleansing for you team. FGJ and SIO are your primary tools due to their cooldown and benefits they provide. If you need stability, you either need more guardian friends or you just need to start running Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet instead of trying to cram in too many shouts. I also occasionally land a 4.5k Backbreaker or Final Thrust. You can solo as well, you just have to pick your fights with care and know how to manage your skills like any other build.

SS/LB condi hybrid, MS/GS Crit build and SWH/H Shouts I can solo roam with each build and each one provides me with different capabilities against a variety of classes and builds. It really comes down to taste and to say that shouts are inferior to X and you shouldn’t run them is just ignorance.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

Vigorous Shouts: Increased the base healing by 25%. Increased the healing stat scaling from 80% to 90%

You have 2100 healing power how?

Edit:
2872hp/shout

I love the assumption that no one is bringing any source of regen except you.

in Warrior

Yaki.9563

Then the shout warrior, bringing AOE control, healing support, buffs, speed and massive cleansing with WH and Soldier runes. They are extremely hard to kill and do far more damage than some people give them credit for.

If you do decent healing that means you’re using cleric’s plus runes plus sigil plus food (and even then it’s not particularly good). That also means that by any measure, your damage is crap.

Now if you’re wearing more effective damage gear then your shouts are healing for even less than before. Overall you’re far more effective but “healing support” is a little bit extreme.

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

Edit:
2872hp/shout

Dude. Why do you keep saying I’m assuming no one else is bringing any source of regen? If you look at the video, theres a lot of regen ticking on my screen, it means its working regardless of whether other people are bringing regen.

in Warrior

Posted by: junglizm.5843

junglizm.5843

Then the shout warrior, bringing AOE control, healing support, buffs, speed and massive cleansing with WH and Soldier runes. They are extremely hard to kill and do far more damage than some people give them credit for.

If you do decent healing that means you’re using cleric’s plus runes plus sigil plus food (and even then it’s not particularly good). That also means that by any measure, your damage is crap.

Now if you’re wearing more effective damage gear then your shouts are healing for even less than before. Overall you’re far more effective but “healing support” is a little bit extreme.

I don’t wear cleric for any of my builds, I do however use Celestial Trinkets and Swap between Zerk, Soldier and Valk gear as the group comp requires for shouting. The heals are not huge, but 2 shouts is easily 3k healing for 5 people. That is half the healing of most classes basic heal skill and it works for 5 people. 2 Warriors running similar builds like this bring a ton of sustain and support to the group without sacrificing much damage. 6k healing on 5 people everyone 25 seconds and cleansing 10-12 conditions in the same amount of time on the same number of people is a pretty large amount of support for just 2 shout warriors in a group of 5-10.

Cleric gimps your damage too much, you can’t suffer that and be effective in small groups but the cleansing and healing with someone else providing regen is nothing short of amazing sustain for small group fights. Not everyone needs to be a DPS, but the best builds sacrifice a few selfish things to make the group as a whole stronger while not diminishing their own strengths into uselessness.

twitch.tv/junglizm
Accelerant [BURN] – Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: Boroming.8093

Boroming.8093

Edit:
2872hp/shout

Dude. Why do you keep saying I’m assuming no one else is bringing any source of regen? If you look at the video, theres a lot of regen ticking on my screen, it means its working regardless of whether other people are bringing regen.

banner don’t stack.
shout do.

after the 15 oct patch shout will heal ~2k with the wvw bonus with NO healing gear, which mean you can actually do some damage
hammer/xxx-warhorn 2 shout, balance stance/dolyak will be the dominating spec…
3 warrior like that in a 10-15 group will bring more heal than a 2k healing power banner war…and much more punch

(edited by Boroming.8093)

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

Edit:
2872hp/shout

banner don’t stack.
shout do.

after the 15 oct patch shout will heal ~2k with the wvw bonus with NO healing gear, which mean you can actually do some damage
3 warrior like that in a 10-15 group will bring more heal than a 2k healing power banner war…and much more punch

What do you mean by banners don’ stack? Each banner grants regen to 5 people. bring out 3 banners and you regen up to 15 people. And why are you comparing 3 shout warriors to a single banner warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Edit:
2872hp/shout

banner don’t stack.
shout do.

What do you mean by banners don’ stack? Each banner grants regen to 5 people. bring out 3 banners and you regen up to 15 people. And why are you comparing 3 shout warriors to a single banner warrior?

Both Shout and banner stack, only in different ways.

Shout stacks by intensity. One shout is worth 1.5k hp, spam three means 6k healing for all your 5 party members.

Banner stacks by increasing the limit to regen to multiple players.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

Edit:
2872hp/shout

banner don’t stack.
shout do.

Both Shout and banner stack, only in different ways.

Shout stacks by intensity. One shout is worth 1.5k hp, spam three means 6k healing for all your 5 party members.

Banner stacks by increasing the limit to regen to multiple players.

Thank you! Finally, someone who gets it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Boroming.8093

Boroming.8093

Edit:
2872hp/shout

banner don’t stack.
shout do.

first of all, regen don’t stack. this mean you can put 100 banner down and still heal a fix amount.
3 banner also doesn’t mean 15 people affected… you can affect the same 5.
also regen is a easy boon to get…. hell with warhorn trait you convert poison into regen… you have it all the time, and a lot of classes can share it.

that said… with 20 point in defence (200 hp, standard wvw warrior build) you have a nominal 155 regen tick (plus the wvw bonus, so 160-170), NOT 400… no warrior will ever go 2k hp… it’s useless…
the heal you make are mostly big number but pretty useless… try been hit 10-15k like it happens in wvw… what would you prefer 160/s from a banner or 3k from 2 shout per warrior (4k after patch)

on the other hand, more shout warrior more heal.

banner are good in pve. not in wvw

edit: after oct15 patch you banners will affects only your party. so only 5 people
“Skills that buff allies in an aoe now prioritize party members”

(edited by Boroming.8093)

in Warrior

kiwituatara.6053

Edit:
2872hp/shout

banner don’t stack.
shout do.

first of all, regen don’t stack. this mean you can put 100 banner down and still heal a fix amount.
3 banner also doesn’t mean 15 people affected… you can affect the same 5.
also regen is a easy boon to get…. hell with warhorn trait you convert poison into regen… you have it all the time, and a lot of classes can share it.

that said… with 20 point in defence (200 hp, standard wvw warrior build) you have a nominal 155 regen tick (plus the wvw bonus, so 160-170), NOT 400… no warrior will ever go 2k hp… it’s useless…
the heal you make are mostly big number but pretty useless… try been hit 10-15k like it happens in wvw… what would you prefer 160/s from a banner or 3k from 2 shout per warrior (4k after patch)

on the other hand, more shout warrior more heal.

banner are good in pve. not in wvw

edit: after oct15 patch you banners will affects only your party. so only 5 people
“Skills that buff allies in an aoe now prioritize party members”

I never said regen boon stacks intensity.
I did the video in PVE coz WvW is too laggy for recording. But I’m sure thats more than 5 people

in Warrior

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

LOL at this thread.

So it comes down to this… do you want to be front line or back line? If you don’t like running through the middle of a zerg, you should run a shout build and stay on the back line to try and take care of the 5 people around you that can’t figure out how to put on a condition removal or push #6.

WvW Necro