Are warriors as bad as other classes say?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dextar.1682

Dextar.1682

So I started playing GW2 at launch but quickly quit for MoP (I was a huge WoW junky raiding at top level ) and I recently quit. In my free time I’ve picked up GW2 again, I had decided to start a new Ele char since I didn’t remember how to play my warrior. After leveling up to close to the same level as my warrior I’m finding that the damage is just.. okay with my ele and it seems like when I hit max level it’s going to be really complicated. I’ve been considering going back to my warrior but I’m concerned that they will be worthless in groups since their damage is horrible (or so people say on different forums).

I know this is the warrior forums and might be a bit biased but should I stick it out with my warrior or learn my ele?

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

learn your ele, it’s the best class right now.
it’s not hard, just blast some fire fields

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Ele is far better in pve, if that’s what you’re asking.

If you’re completely new and don’t know how to dodge, then warrior can take a few extra hits…But Ele damage is so superior to warrior that it isn’t a good tradeoff.

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

warriors are good in supporting allies which is weird because i thought guards are suppose to be better support. so if you don’t mind being not a good roaming class like thief and ele.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Yeah when it comes to giving passive buffs to others warrior’s top notch.

Otherwise it’s meh. Just not the same as it once was. </3

in Warrior

Dextar.1682

If this truthfully is the case, why would they allow the class to be so bad and not give it buffs?

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

If this truthfully is the case, why would they allow the class to be so bad and not give it buffs?

Because it has been overpowered in pvp for approximately 1 year and as we all know the devs balance mostly for pvp. It’s in a decent spot there atm and it has always been a good profession for WvW. I don’t really care about PVE anymore and therefore I am not gonna comment about it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Because devs don’t give a dam, warrior is a simple class.
so they want a simple class to be not as effective.

if warrior really dead, they will just buff passive stats on healing signet and call it a day like they did before.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zirken.5184

Zirken.5184

It’s not truthfully the case, the actual case is players crying becouse they don’t take time to try more ideas, playstyles and such.

warrior is really good, specially on roaming. much better then thief and ele if you ask me whenever I meet those in wvw I melt them easly, send bag of salt for the tryhards
and keep my fun.

however when it comes to high level of play where A player is just as good or better then B(the warrior) player, this is when warrior fall down… the fact you have to be upclose 90% of the time to actually do dmg make the life of other experienced players easier to kite you, dodge most of your core abilities.

that’s the only thing I can think of that make warrior bad then other classes, becouse all other classes are ranged, and as for thief and guardian which is less ranged have gapclosers.

if anyone think otherwise, and wanna enlight me on how/why warrior are bad other then what i have already mention, go ahead..

in Warrior

Dextar.1682

Would lowering the CD on Bladetrail would help with the gap closing?

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Honestly the only change with warrior in pve that made no sense was the adrenaline change, and the hundred blades nerf. The adrenaline nerf while minor because of how quickly its gained back kinda hurt. Warrior sits IMO in a good place in pve/pvp/wvw.

Was 100b really that OP in pvp that it required a nerf or were people really stupid enough to just stand there and eat the full duration of it?

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

Was 100b really that OP in pvp that it required a nerf or were people really stupid enough to just stand there and eat the full duration of it?

Negative power creep. Everything else got nerfed into the ground and, suddenly, greatsword stood out.

in Warrior

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Negative power creep. Everything else got nerfed into the ground and, suddenly, greatsword stood out.

So they nerf the easiest skill to not get hit by a full duration? Makes no sense. But hey what do I know, Ive never ate a full duration of 100b.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

warriors are good in supporting allies which is weird because i thought guards are suppose to be better support. so if you don’t mind being not a good roaming class like thief and ele.

To add, support for Warriors means using/placing Banners on cooldown and supporting other party general damage via other traits and utilities. Elementalist (and Engineers) do mostly the same thing but with combo fields/blasting but have to do it more often but it’s also more “mobile”.

While Guardians provide Aegis/blind and general roll-dodge AoE heals.

Both of them have their purpose in PvE but neither are anywhere near where they were compared to other class rank in DPS since September 2014 update.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Might as well give Warriors a chair for their back pack, that way they can sit down blow their horn over and over and drop banners while knitting a nice rug for the better classes!

in Warrior

Artaz.3819

So they nerf the easiest skill to not get hit by a full duration? Makes no sense. But hey what do I know, Ive never ate a full duration of 100b.

Back when Quickness boon was 100% increase in swing time instead of the current 50% swing time, 100B was actually pretty devastating to balance burst damage right (because Warrior also has strong immobilize/CC). Of course, 100B has been ‘OK’ since March 2013 and few complained about it since the burst aspect has been all but removed. Now it barely does more damage than auto attacking (it hits more often so builds Adrenaline quicker during but otherwise, meh).

Warrior isn’t in horrible shape right now besides the Adrenaline mechanic being broken aspect since September (make your build right or Adrenaline doesn’t work right or just ignore the mechanic altogether).

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

Name all the other professions that have to use ONE particular weapon to even be viable!

in Warrior

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Name all the other professions that have to use ONE particular weapon to even be viable!

Thief has to use Shortbow.

in Warrior

Posted by: Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Alexander Dragonfang.1759

Warrior doesn`t need to use any weapon to be viable.

Trying to fit in the meta, you have all lost your souls!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I know this is the warrior forums and might be a bit biased but should I stick it out with my warrior or learn my ele?

To be honest learn and play both provided you enjoy them. This way if you do get burned out on one or just want a change of pace you can just switch toons.

in Warrior

Artaz.3819

Thief has to use Shortbow.

Necro staff

in Warrior

Artaz.3819

Warrior doesn`t need to use any weapon to be viable.

Trying to fit in the meta, you have all lost your souls!

Correction, Warrior Longbow (but that’s mainly the driver from AoE field tied F1 + Cleansing Ire) unless you are only talking PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

mesmer greatsword

in Warrior

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

I think are bad because they are not the warrior they should be. When i use some time with wvw: the only thing i see always is warrior running away: running. very fast why? because of survival.

That is what make it bad: the only way to be warrior is to run away: run always instead of stay to fight like warrior.

You say warrior damage is not good? I think i know what arena net did.. warrior can not have high survival and high damage in same time. So what did arena net did? they give warrior high survival instead.

But there is problem with that.. it make warrior not a warrior.

A warrior depend only of survival to be a warrior is not a warrior at all. A warrior do not think of survival, it only think about being ‘The Last Man Standing’ -‘Annihilate The Enemy At All Cost’-‘Make Sacrifice Worth It’

So my suggestion is for arena net for warrior class:

1. Decrease warrior survival by 50%
2. Increase warrior attack by 20%
3. Increase warrior defense by 25%
4. Increase warrior Fear shout by 15%
5. Give warrior access and ability to equip dual large heavy weapon.

So you now see, a warrior survival is not first priority anymore, warrior survival is not very important anymore. Warrior depend on survival to be a warrior is gone. Warrior is good now

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

^
Titan’s grip would be interesting lol.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

don’t know about you guys but my warrior is OP. Maybe its my PC I dunno ;p

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

So you now see, a warrior survival is not first priority anymore, warrior survival is not very important anymore. Warrior depend on survival to be a warrior is gone. Warrior is good now

How do you decrease a warriors survival when you’re increasing their defense by 25%??

By survival you mean HP, or what? Because they already have crappy ways to mitigate damage, they’re not all that survivable comparative to other classes with tanking potential.

in Warrior

DarkSyze.8627

How do you decrease a warriors survival when you’re increasing their defense by 25%??

By survival you mean HP, or what? Because they already have crappy ways to mitigate damage, they’re not all that survivable comparative to other classes with tanking potential.

Survival is 2 combination: Hp and mobility. Hp 15%+Mobility 35%= 50%

Ankur

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

How doesn’t defense count as survivability if HP does? Both serve the same purpose.

Also not all warrior builds has mobility. Hambow has none, and it’s still the second most common warrior build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

The problems run very deep but here are a few of the more obvious, and easily fixed ones:

Problem: In PvP, it’s a condi heavy meta. Bow + Cleansing Ire is crucial

Fix: Cleansing Ire could remove conditions per bar of adrenaline gained, or remove per bar of adrenaline spent regardless of if the burst hits.

Problem: Warrior moves often have weird delays, pauses, slow animations, and even long telegaphs to supposedly allow dodge-counterplay.

However, basilisk poison strikes from thief stealth has no dodge-counterplay. Mes shatters have no dodge-counterplay. A close range elementalist ride-the-lightning has no dodge-counterplay.

Even some of the regular moves have odd delays and pauses. Sword 2 is a leap, which has a half-second pause at the start and finish, GS 3 and 5 both have the same thing. It doesn’t make much sense.

Fix: Animation cleanup and speedup for the Warrior.

Problem: Warriors Active defenses are lacking. This has been improved somewhat, but certainly not to the point it needs to be. Basically, Warriors cannot make an effective sustain-bunker build. Guardians, Engineers, Thieves (stealth/heal spam), Elementalists, and Mes (stealth/port/evade spam) all can make extremely difficult to kill, bunker builds. Warriors cannot.

Fix: Options for warrior defensive abilities need to be brought up, and expanded upon.

in Warrior

DarkSyze.8627

How doesn’t defense count as survivability if HP does? Both serve the same purpose.

Also not all warrior builds has mobility. Hambow has none, and it’s still the second most common warrior build.

I understand but warrior are still given that choice to use mobility and hp if want: warrior should not have that choice at all: that is what make warrior not natural. It is not natural for a warrior to run away from risk because hp and mobility tell them to.

Warrior do not have defense because of option Survivability. Warrior is born with defense, not born with survivabilty. Their defense should never be given as option but given. Warrior Defense is Natural!: it is their Identity, it is what make them who they are, it is what make them resist death fury.

It is natural for a warrior to be a warrior to not run away from risk but to run toward risk.

Dead or Alive: Warrior are not given no other option but to face death face to face and make it know who is to be Feared!!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Fear_Me!%22

Attachments:

Ankur

in Warrior

Posted by: Raiff.6742

Raiff.6742

I see A LOT of warriors on Fergusons Crossing. Warriors in PvE are just fine. My DPS is on par with equally geared classes and my Banners offer decent buffs, especially when no Guard is around. In the end, play what you like. Thief is a PvP king, same with Mesmer, yet I can’t seem to level either without getting bored.

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Warrior is born with defense, not born with survivabilty.

So warriors are born with armor already on them?

…Sorry, couldn’t resist.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Warriors in PvE are just fine. My DPS is on par with equally geared classes and my Banners offer decent buffs, especially when no Guard is around.

Please don’t take offense to this.

Just because you’re playing with people that play suboptimally on their classes and/or do a worse job at what they’re capable of doing than you are doesn’t mean that warriors as a whole are fine and that their DPS shouldn’t be looked at. You’re perceiving the situation as a whole in a really narrow-minded way because it would be truly foolish of Arenanet to balance classes entirely around low-level gameplay.

And quite frankly if what you say is true at all and you’re really dealing damage on par with thieves/eles/engineers/rangers then the people you’re with are just bad/don’t know what they’re doing. :x

The whole reason why people like myself have an issue with warrior’s damage is that we are pushing the class to its limits and it’s not enough. Warrior’s damage is limited to the point where it’s significantly below average now when compared to all other classes, and a shred of what it used to be.

It’s not like it’s impossible to get anything done anymore, it’s just that the class itself is extremely underwhelming and extremely unrewarding these days and needs some adjustments.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

By the way, while I still have the forums open…

Some of the things I’d really like to see for the class would be:

-Adjustments of damage coefficients for some of warrior’s weapons, or possibly some increases in damage modifiers given by traits like Slashing Power/Berserker’s Power

-Fixing our burst skills with Berserker’s Power (still bugged after half a year, lol), along with many terrible and useless traits littered throughout all of our trait lines

-Improvements with the mending and healing surge heal skills. They’re both disgustingly awful lol. I feel like healing signet is in a good place right now except it has a terrible active that should once again be adjusted, and defiant stance is actually good but I think perhaps reducing its cooldown from 35 to 30 seconds would be an option worth considering to make it slightly more appealing as an option.

-Improvements made to the mainhand mace and rifle. I think the third skill on mace mainhand should be tweaked because it’s pretty terrible unless you stack stun duration modifiers for it, like sigil of paralyzation for example. Rifle is just all-around awful and desperately needs improvement imo. The fact that it lacks utility and AoE damage and deals worse single target DPS compared to longbow makes it horrible. It should at the very least deal better DPS against single targets over longbow, and no longbow shouldn’t be nerfed to make this happen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

The problems run very deep but here are a few of the more obvious, and easily fixed ones:

Problem: In PvP, it’s a condi heavy meta. Bow + Cleansing Ire is crucial

Fix: Cleansing Ire could remove conditions per bar of adrenaline gained, or remove per bar of adrenaline spent regardless of if the burst hits.

Problem: Warrior moves often have weird delays, pauses, slow animations, and even long telegaphs to supposedly allow dodge-counterplay.

However, basilisk poison strikes from thief stealth has no dodge-counterplay. Mes shatters have no dodge-counterplay. A close range elementalist ride-the-lightning has no dodge-counterplay.

Even some of the regular moves have odd delays and pauses. Sword 2 is a leap, which has a half-second pause at the start and finish, GS 3 and 5 both have the same thing. It doesn’t make much sense.

Fix: Animation cleanup and speedup for the Warrior.

Problem: Warriors Active defenses are lacking. This has been improved somewhat, but certainly not to the point it needs to be. Basically, Warriors cannot make an effective sustain-bunker build. Guardians, Engineers, Thieves (stealth/heal spam), Elementalists, and Mes (stealth/port/evade spam) all can make extremely difficult to kill, bunker builds. Warriors cannot.

Fix: Options for warrior defensive abilities need to be brought up, and expanded upon.

Mes shatters have no dodge-counterplay. <— What? Lol seriously? Dodge through the clones, shield block, defy pain, spin through them.

basilisk poison strikes from thief stealth has no dodge-counterplay. <—-What? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Basilisk_Venom read the notes and try dodging, blocking, stability, or even the whirl on greatsword.

Warriors Active defenses are lacking. <—-Again? Shield stance, blinding arrow, leaps to kite, gs evade, sword offhand block, mace mainhand block, stuns, knockdowns, dazes, defy pain, berserkers stance, and balanced stance. Yes i might have missed a few.

Lacking bunker builds? Getting outbunkered by mesmers, and thieves? Im not sure what to say without being rude.

Yes i play warrior, thief, mesmer, engi, ranger, ele, and warrior. Almost all of my play is solo in wvw so if you are talking about bunkering in pve (lol).

Close range ride the lightning is a silly thing to mention, do you know what it does?

Ida

in Warrior

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

learn your ele, it’s the best class right now.
it’s not hard, just blast some fire fields

indeed probably if players knows well the class mechanics/skills, ele and engie are the best classes, also easy healing with own water blast if dont want to waste the healing skills when its not needed but a healing is welcome.

Sidenote: no class should be able to perform their own blasts on fields, should happen only in group play.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Warrior

DarkSyze.8627

Warrior is born with defense, not born with survivabilty.

So warriors are born with armor already on them?

…Sorry, couldn’t resist.

i mean warrior are born to defend against threat-risk, not born to run away.

Example: If a big huge bear come to attack warrior, will warrior run away because the bear is big huge? or will warrior defend self against big huyge bear?

I am not say survival is not important to warrior, all i am say is that survival should not be first priority to warrior.

In Guild Wars 2, warrior are not like that at all: survival is first priority isntead of facing risk and defeat it.

Last again: all i see in wvw and pvp is, warrior running away from any size risk. Insead of put fear against risk and against death, it is risk and it is death that put fear in warrior, that is Not warrior is!

That is why 50% remove of warrior survival is good thing because they will have no other choice and to stay and fight,

Ankur

in Warrior

adozu.6398

ok so, find me an example in history of a culture where warrior where supposed to face outnumbered odds and die as part of their discipline when it didn’t even matter (not talking of “heroic last stands” or other such episodes, wvw roaming has literally no meaning sometimes)

bonus points for actually succesful ones.

in Warrior

DarkSyze.8627

ok so, find me an example in history of a culture where warrior where supposed to face outnumbered odds and die as part of their discipline when it didn’t even matter (not talking of “heroic last stands” or other such episodes, wvw roaming has literally no meaning sometimes)

-Last stand of the 300 Spartans-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e9J9-VpEss

“Warrior are born for battle. Warrior training: Learn to kill or be killed/ kill the lion or be killed”

“It is almost impossible to understand how 300 Spartans managed to hold off the million-man Persian army for even a moment, much less seven days. To a man they paid with their lives but their stunning Last Stand assured that their sacrifice would resonate throughout history. Relying on brilliant tactics, lifelong training, and unshakable allegiance, the doomed Spartans achieved the impossible”.

-Destructing History: Spartans-
http://www.history.com/topics/ancient-history/leonidas#

“Leonidas (c. 530-480 B.C.) was a king of the city-state of Sparta from about 490 B.kittenil his death at the Battle of Thermopylae against the Persian army in 480 B.C. Although Leonidas lost the battle, his death at Thermopylae was seen as a heroic sacrifice because he sent most of his army away when he realized that the Persians had outmaneuvered him. Three hundred of his fellow Spartans stayed with him to fight and die. Leonidas believed in stand and fight to the death. Almost everything that is known about Leonidas comes from the work of the Greek historian Herodotus (c. 484-c. 425 B.C.)”.

-After the Battle-

“Leonidas’ sacrifice, along with that of his Spartan hoplites, did not prevent the Persians from moving down the Greek coast into Boeotia. In September 480 B.C., however, the Athenian navy defeated the Persians at the Battle of Salamis, after which the Persians returned home. Nonetheless, Leonidas’ action demonstrated Sparta’s willingness to sacrifice itself for the protection of the Greek region”.

“Leonidas achieved lasting fame for his personal sacrifice. Hero cults were an established custom in ancient Greece from the eighth century B.C. onward. Dead heroes were worshipped, usually near their burial site, as intermediaries to the gods. Forty years after the battle, Sparta retrieved Leonidas’ remains (or what were believed to be his remains) and a shrine was built in his honor”.

Ankur

in Warrior

Kagamiku.9731

Warriors Active defenses are lacking. <—-Again? Shield stance, blinding arrow, leaps to kite, gs evade, sword offhand block, mace mainhand block, stuns, knockdowns, dazes, defy pain, berserkers stance, and balanced stance. Yes i might have missed a few.

And the current meta warrior build doesn’t use any of those. How ironic…
Except for blinding arrow…It’s called smoldering arrow btw, and that’s really pushing it to even list that at all.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

adozu.6398

last stands don’t count, those are exceptional circumstances not the norm (like, say, sacrificing yourself to banner the lord)

in Warrior

Posted by: GettCouped.7846

GettCouped.7846

Warrior is an extremely versatile class IMO. You can do all forms of damage. Have awesome Cc. Can be tanky. Power or condi. Great mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

“Warrior are born for battle. Warrior training: Learn to kill or be killed/ kill the lion or be killed”

“It is almost impossible to understand how 300 Spartans managed to hold off the million-man Persian army for even a moment, much less seven days. To a man they paid with their lives but their stunning Last Stand assured that their sacrifice would resonate throughout history. Relying on brilliant tactics, lifelong training, and unshakable allegiance, the doomed Spartans achieved the impossible”.

“Leonidas (c. 530-480 B.C.) was a king of the city-state of Sparta from about 490 B.kittenil his death at the Battle of Thermopylae against the Persian army in 480 B.C. Although Leonidas lost the battle, his death at Thermopylae was seen as a heroic sacrifice because he sent most of his army away when he realized that the Persians had outmaneuvered him. Three hundred of his fellow Spartans stayed with him to fight and die. Leonidas believed in stand and fight to the death. Almost everything that is known about Leonidas comes from the work of the Greek historian Herodotus (c. 484-c. 425 B.C.)”.

-After the Battle-

“Leonidas’ sacrifice, along with that of his Spartan hoplites, did not prevent the Persians from moving down the Greek coast into Boeotia. In September 480 B.C., however, the Athenian navy defeated the Persians at the Battle of Salamis, after which the Persians returned home. Nonetheless, Leonidas’ action demonstrated Sparta’s willingness to sacrifice itself for the protection of the Greek region”.

“Leonidas achieved lasting fame for his personal sacrifice. Hero cults were an established custom in ancient Greece from the eighth century B.C. onward. Dead heroes were worshipped, usually near their burial site, as intermediaries to the gods. Forty years after the battle, Sparta retrieved Leonidas’ remains (or what were believed to be his remains) and a shrine was built in his honor”.

No offense, but this warrior must stay still and die romance is outdated.

GW2 warrior is a much better image of modern soldiers. They are mobility, strong and tactical. There is a huge misunderstanding about retreat. It is not dishonor to nowadays soldier, retreat, stay alive, regroup, planning, re-engage is what every soldier will do. Being a sitting duck, bullet mat, it is STUPID.

Yes, warrior got more hp, wear heavy armor, they can only build to be tanky with [specific gear and trait], that means the survival ability don’t covered all warrior builds. It is different to guardian virtue, ele water/earth, thief stealth, mesmer clones, necro DS etc.

What warrior needs is additional F2, F3, F4 adrenaline skill that provide more active defense before we can talk about the retreat. If we have generic F2~F4 skill that utilize our adrenaline into more sustain, yes, i guess it will be a fair trade off to take out some of our escape power.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

-After the Battle-

GW2 warrior is a much better image of modern soldiers. They are mobility, strong and tactical. There is a huge misunderstanding about retreat. It is not dishonor to nowadays soldier, retreat, stay alive, regroup, planning, re-engage is what every soldier will do. Being a sitting duck, bullet mat, it is STUPID.

Yes, warrior got more hp, wear heavy armor, they can only build to be tanky with [specific gear and trait], that means the survival ability don’t covered all warrior builds. It is different to guardian virtue, ele water/earth, thief stealth, mesmer clones, necro DS etc.

What warrior needs is additional F2, F3, F4 adrenaline skill that provide more active defense before we can talk about the retreat. If we have generic F2~F4 skill that utilize our adrenaline into more sustain, yes, i guess it will be a fair trade off to take out some of our escape power.

Yeah well, this isn’t Iraq and the Warrior class isn’t Navy Seals! This is a video game with a Warrior class that is only Viable in pvp if he shoots arrows? Pathetic!

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

-After the Battle-

Yeah well, this isn’t Iraq and the Warrior class isn’t Navy Seals! This is a video game with a Warrior class that is only Viable in pvp if he shoots arrows? Pathetic!

Yes right, this is GW2, this is not any of the trinity MMO that heavy armor must be sitting duck, this is not 300 nor Sparta too. There is a new vision to warrior class in GW2, stop asking warrior to do what’s guardian are made and supposed to do.

in Warrior

Shieldbash.5304

-After the Battle-

Yes right, this is GW2, this is not any of the trinity MMO that heavy armor must be sitting duck, this is not 300 nor Sparta too. There is a new vision to warrior class in GW2, stop asking warrior to do what’s guardian are made and supposed to do.

Guardians are Defensive Heavy Armor Melee

Warriors are semi offensive Heavy Armor Archers?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

In most cases yes.

Not quite. Warriors are weapon masters first and foremost. Currently the best weapon for the job in Conquest PvP happens to be Longbow.

in Warrior

Crossaber.8934

-After the Battle-

i am not a pvp sort of guy but i always prefer shout with trooper runes instead of cleaning ire in any kind of pvp content. I prefer my warrior go melee but still mobility enough to engage or dis engage by will.

Longbow is so far what most players preferred 2nd set weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Because it has been overpowered in pvp for approximately 1 year and as we all know the devs balance mostly for pvp. It’s in a decent spot there atm and it has always been a good profession for WvW. I don’t really care about PVE anymore and therefore I am not gonna comment about it.

Don’t like. It was more like 6-8 months where it was just really strong. Not over powered.