Armor in WvW

Armor in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Hades.2407

Hades.2407

Hello!

There has probably been similar threads in the past but anyways I still have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

I play a warrior in WvW (only running with a zerg, no roaming) and I have 3007 armor and I think that’s descent but sometimes I feel really squishy and would like to get a bit more armor but I’m not sure how much armor to strive for.
Also I was messing around in build editor and saw that I could get up to 4623 armor (probably higher) but I’m not sure if it would be much better or worth spending all that time and money investing in the set.

Thanks in advance!

Armor in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Maketso.5602

Maketso.5602

Honestly, my threshpoint is roughly 3300. But I know someone else will have the diminishing returns number that once you hit a certain defense number, increasing it is not worth it at all. I sit around 3350 and do great.

Armor in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Traitine.8713

Traitine.8713

2127 is the base armor of heavy armor classes (Warrior/Guardian). If you double that armor (4254) you will get 50% damage reduction. You would need to double it again, or 8508 armor, to get to 75%. Trying to double it a second time would not be feasible/worth your while. Better to add vitality/power/other stats.

edit: Here’s a link to the math behind it in case you’re interested in going really in-depth.

80 Warrior – Akallos Traitine
www.ConstantWarfare.com

Armor in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

3k armor is generally good enough but really depends on you skill level and what you are doing in wvw.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Armor in WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Hades.2407

Hades.2407

Thanks for the answers

I guess I’ll just have to learn to play a bit better