As a person who doesn't play warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

TBO I really do feel sorry for you guys that main warrior. At first I was like “come on, it can’t be that bad” , so I went and created a warrior for myself, looked at a few guides and vids for builds and play style then went into PVP for some unranked fun.

But Holy S@#T is warrior useless, in 1 vs 1 i could win about 70% of them, but in team matches you are pretty useless…the blinds, the dazes,the slows,the AOE stuns… and I feel sorry for those who main warriors because you have a lot of love for them in their current state, I just deleted my warrior after aound 50 ish PVP matches.

Just another proof that A-net doesn’t play its own game. I’d rather have a thief on my team instead of a warrior, at least the thief can help group stealth.

Anyway I wish all those who still carry on the spirit of the warrior, wish you all good luck and hope..actually why hope when A-net doesn’t give a fuq about warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

lol the name

but when you start facing higher level players even in 1 vs 1 warrior isnt really that close. Scrappers got more healing and mini form on a trait so even if you get them to a death hit they go mini form and go heal.

Revs are the better version of warrior with the glint which is the signet and the stance heal (though its even better then the stance heal) and then theres 2 other champions people can use which bring ups even more frustration since they get 2 heal skills 6 utility skills and 2 elites to play with.

Thieves have always had the counter to warrior because of shadow step and blinds.

the new necro has more life and has the ability to easily stack might now as well a new dps condi skill in chill. When a warrior sees a necro get into fighting distance you immediately have to use the beserker condi stance and hope you do enough dmg you can make it a fight before running.

I wont do the rest. I made a thread thanking anet for a quick change to warrior because they did make it a better spec then it was originally on HOT release. I wish i could take that thread back because it truly feels like your wasting your time and your teams time by playing this class atm.

in Warrior

Posted by: raven.9870

raven.9870

wait wait,as you say you don’t main a warrior so you create one and catch up some builds to try it,it’s like i create a new class and i don’t know anything about it and do 50 matches..well i will die most of the time and then come here to say that class sucks..
i main a warrior, i play over 780 matches in ranked without count unranked. over 2k hours played..so this make the difference and abyss between your try and my game.
sure warrior it’s in a bad bad bad position right now,other classes make same things as warrior can do and even better,so the support he bring in a team it’s almost none in terms of buff except for might.
now,the actual meta it’s bases on cc bunker condi classes and aoe heal. there are some build out of the metabattle site,that can actually change the way the warrior has as role in team fight.
so forget about boons, and hard cc with unblockable skills, high brakestun with 2.5k heal and 1k toughness for every breakstun you has, fast change on weapon choice,block stab,and nice mobility,condi cleanse etc..it’s actually playable sure not easy,you have to be perfecet with timing and choices and you don’t have time for screw up any skill..warrior can be a real pain in the kitten and counter actual metabuilds.
you are not gonna win all the fights and sure you’ll not going to see warrior in esl until nex patch hoping they fix and balance better the actual build variety.
so from a non warrior player i can’t stant a statment that say warrior it’s useless..it is if don’t have a clue how to play it properly.

Victory at any cost

in Warrior

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

Yes, I know 50 matches in PVP really isn’t comparable to you guys that main it, I already said as a player who doesn’t play warrior you guys are playing a really bad profession for the current META, and it needs a buff from my point of view as a player, but if you cannot acknowledge that a person is trying to speak out for you warrior to get buffs by A-net then so be it.

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

wait wait,as you say you don’t main a warrior so you create one and catch up some builds to try it,it’s like i create a new class and i don’t know anything about it and do 50 matches..well i will die most of the time and then come here to say that class sucks..
i main a warrior, i play over 780 matches in ranked without count unranked. over 2k hours played..so this make the difference and abyss between your try and my game.
sure warrior it’s in a bad bad bad position right now,other classes make same things as warrior can do and even better,so the support he bring in a team it’s almost none in terms of buff except for might.
now,the actual meta it’s bases on cc bunker condi classes and aoe heal. there are some build out of the metabattle site,that can actually change the way the warrior has as role in team fight.
so forget about boons, and hard cc with unblockable skills, high brakestun with 2.5k heal and 1k toughness for every breakstun you has, fast change on weapon choice,block stab,and nice mobility,condi cleanse etc..it’s actually playable sure not easy,you have to be perfecet with timing and choices and you don’t have time for screw up any skill..warrior can be a real pain in the kitten and counter actual metabuilds.
you are not gonna win all the fights and sure you’ll not going to see warrior in esl until nex patch hoping they fix and balance better the actual build variety.
so from a non warrior player i can’t stant a statment that say warrior it’s useless..it is if don’t have a clue how to play it properly.

does it matter? any decent player can pick up a class to an ok level within 50 matches, ofc not mechanically amazing like it requires in 1v1, in 5v5 positioning and awareness is way more important.
and any decent player will know what is good what is not within 50 matches of play..

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Warrior is one of the simpler classes to learn. If someone has mastered a bunch of the others, gone online and read a guide on one of the 3 meta builds we have, and played 50 matches….I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have a pretty clear understanding of how the class works.

If anything you displayed the kind of warrior pride we all share. We should be more friendly to outside perspectives though, provided we wish to come off the endangered species list one day.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

Thank you for the love brother, but sadly i feel our class is going to be left in the dust by guardians and revenants. Personally i dont know why they gave us this kittenty spec, we would be better without it. But then again they nerfed all the other viable builds pre-HoT to high hell.

in Warrior

Posted by: wolverine.5164

wolverine.5164

YES, my friend we r suffring a lot now, i really hate the ppl that r “balancing” the game we r easily the biggest piece of kitten atm… a “warrior” i still remember those days when we were relevant… now its just… oh well i said it before and i will say it again, we can only play pve and its not even fun anymore cause ull die in seconds… even on a kitteng zerg/event rush.

its extremly sad, BUT at least when u win a fight there is no trash talking anymore, they respect you because ur using a worthless class and got that win.

that’s the only satisfaction ull get. cheers. and let’s all embrace the kitteng pain anet have done.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nevarion.5283

Nevarion.5283

100% agree with OP. At first i was like : kitten IT IM GOING TO ROCK PVP WITH MY BIG kitten NORN WARRIOR – but then – kitten my sneaky preparations for buffs/ stun / burst are weaker than random spells spam on other professions. LOL.