Axe/Axe

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahlen.9508

Vahlen.9508

Just stop it, Anet has killed all usable variations of the power warrior. There isn’t a single power build that can break 15k selfish dps. I’d blame to devs, but 5 years in they’re still incapable of getting Power and Condi remotely close to the other………..hell I’m honestly unsure of how they tie their own shoes in the morning.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Is this about… pee vee eee?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

I’m not sure what your actually complaining about

If it’s that axe is bad actually it’s fine, I personally prefer to use with shield and dagger will be nice

If your complaining it’s strong it’s damage is right where it should be in my opinion

If your just complaining to complain find better use of your time learning to use the axe instead of posting

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: TheSlothArmada.6709

TheSlothArmada.6709

Is this about… pee vee eee?

Noooooooo
He wants to be doing raid level dps in PvP

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

Recent changes have actually hurt Axe/Axe, it feels sub-par right now.

The change to Axe Mastery was huge as it gave a Axe/Sh user the same offensive stats as a Axe/Axe user.

It used to be the other way around, the player who decided to dual wield had the 300 higher ferocity, which made sense, that player was giving up the huge defensive boon of the shield to gain more offense. This made Axe/Axe hit harder than Axe/Sh.

Not anymore.

Now you can have everything without trade offs, you can have a great defense combined with a strong offense. No reason at all now to even take Axe/Axe, the Gs – Axe/Sh meta has only further been encased in stone.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

Recent changes have actually hurt Axe/Axe, it feels sub-par right now.

The change to Axe Mastery was huge as it gave a Axe/Sh user the same offensive stats as a Axe/Axe user.

It used to be the other way around, the player who decided to dual wield had the 300 higher ferocity, which made sense, that player was giving up the huge defensive boon of the shield to gain more offense. This made Axe/Axe hit harder than Axe/Sh.

Not anymore.

Now you can have everything without trade offs, you can have a great defense combined with a strong offense. No reason at all now to even take Axe/Axe, the Gs – Axe/Sh meta has only further been encased in stone.

This isn’t about PvP
Why is this so hard to understand??

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

If it’s just pve, what does it matter? Why not just go with whatever works best?

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

If it’s just pve, what does it matter? Why not just go with whatever works best?

Axe/Axe is the highest damage power DPS weapon for warrior and it barely does higher than 16k dps. See the problem there?

Then, condi literally does double that damage, but nobody wants to play with bows and torches on warrior while doing DoTs

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Axe/Axe is the highest damage power DPS weapon for warrior and it barely does higher than 16k dps. See the problem there?

Then, condi literally does double that damage, but nobody wants to play with bows and torches on warrior while doing DoTs

No, I don’t see the problem.

Also, dps and dot are different ways of measuring damage that can be used to describe both condi and power builds.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Axe axe is like 24k. I have tested it. Still not good but way more than 15k

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

Axe axe is like 24k. I have tested it. Still not good but way more than 15k

Are you using unrealistic buffs?
Because my opening burst on Axe/Axe only goes to 25k then sustain goes all the way down to 19-20k.

On realistic buffs my DPS hovers around 17k

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

I guess you don’t have eyes

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Lol, more like I recognize the absurdity of a belief that it matters if power and condi do equivalent damage in pve.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Vahlen.9508

Vahlen.9508

I see you making the “dps and dot” comment in several threads, so let me set your kitten y ass straight. In no MMO has dps ever been defined as anything other than damage per second. Why? Because that’s literally what dps means. DoT is a way of delivering that dps, just as is spike damage. Stick to your world bosses kiddo, the adults are talking.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

Lol, more like I recognize the absurdity of a belief that it matters if power and condi do equivalent damage in pve.

. . .
Actually maybe I should say ears to make it more interesting.

If you don’t care about the damage in PvE then don’t post.

(edited by TheSlothArmada.6709)

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Would you care to explain why it matters? Because, so far, it just seems like whining about nothing worth whining about.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

Would you care to explain why it matters? Because, so far, it just seems like whining about nothing worth whining about.

I just edited my post XD
Also, why it matters depends on who you are.
You don’t think it matters so why do you care?

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It’s set to PvP

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAnXjMdQdH23BOeAnIWgCsjmQAIl92ant5WljwlLDA-nm+DdZAA

1. Do not break auto attack chain or will loose dps
2. Skill 2 slight dps increase? (My rotation isn’t good enough to tell for sure but averages are slightly higher using it)
3. Do not use axe 3
4. Skill 4 is a dps increase but remember step 1
5. Skill 5 is dps loss
6. Do not use signet of might or fury
7. Do not use primal burst or you will loose dps
8. Tier 3 eviscerate is a dps increase but must have adrenaline built back up before bezerk comes off cooldown
9. Use signets (not might or fury) off CD but only outside bezerk mode

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I just edited my post XD

Didn’t answer the question. If in pve the only thing that matters is time, then what does it matter if there are power builds that can perform as well as Condi?

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

TheSlothArmada.6709

I just edited my post XD

what does it matter if there are power builds that can perform as well as Condi?

What?
What power build on warrior are you playing thats doing anywhere near condition builds?
. . .
I’m not sure why you keep responding though since you don’t even care.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I just edited my post XD

what does it matter if there are power builds that can perform as well as Condi?

What?
What power build on warrior are you playing thats doing anywhere near condition builds?
. . .
I’m not sure why you keep responding though since you don’t even care.

Oh, but I do care. I care about real issues being addressed and non-issues being identified for what they are. Since you’re apparently unable to successfully understand the question I asked, let me help you…..

The answer is it doesn’t matter. In other words you’re complaining about a non-issue.

Worrying about warrior power builds not contributing as much damage in pve as warrior condi builds is on the same level as worrying that warrior mace doesn’t generate might like warrior greatsword.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Oh, but I do care. I care about real issues being addressed and non-issues being identified for what they are. Since you’re apparently unable to successfully understand the question I asked, let me help you…..

The answer is it doesn’t matter. In other words you’re complaining about a non-issue.

Worrying about warrior power builds not contributing as much damage in pve as warrior condi builds is on the same level as worrying that warrior mace doesn’t generate might like warrior greatsword.

This is frustrating to read.

No, there isn’t an inherent problem with one dps build being better than another in PvE content. Players that are serious about the game will run whatever is most effective at the time, even if it’s peanuts. However, the builds should be close enough together that the lesser competitive players can comfortable run another build without being completely outclassed.

It sounds to me that you’re arguing against build diversity. Do you seriously believe the game would not benefit from having a more diverse selection of competitive builds to do damage with? Sure, there’s no negative consequence to it staying as it is now, other than warrior builds being similar across PvE content… but there is an obvious benefit to making more builds competitive in the PvE space within the same profession.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

It sounds to me that you’re arguing against build diversity. Do you seriously believe the game would not benefit from having a more diverse selection of competitive builds to do damage with? Sure, there’s no negative consequence to it staying as it is now, other than warrior builds being similar across PvE content… but there is an obvious benefit to making more builds competitive in the PvE space within the same profession.

Well, I wouldn’t have been so blunt if he hadn’t been so rude about it. While, yes, I do think it’s good to have build diversity, that’s not how it was framed by either the guy I was writing to nor the OP.

It’s obviously very firmly in the “nice to have” column though, and definitely not deserving of all the salt poured out here.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Why “most effective” cant be what ppl expect from warriors? Theres no “diversity” where theres a “meta”.

It sounds to me that you’re arguing against build diversity.

When theres a “meta” theres no diversity, if a warriors try GS on fractals and other content they gotta rage, mocking for running a “non effective” build.

In any game i pickup a warrior, its cuz like play like a warrior and be effective, but here in GW2 i cannot. Here the most effective warrior is a mix of a pew pew ranger(longbow), and a weird sword-torch combo.

Axe/Axe

in Warrior

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I’ve been able to get 24k with unrealistic buffs with axe, 17k with GS.

On realistic buffs, I get about 20k on axe and 14k with GS.

This is without infusions.

You must make sure you have enough assassins equipment that you’re getting 100% crit chance while under spotter and bod. Also keep signet of fury at 5 stacks with the elite signet and heal signet. I run enough assassins such that I use the power signet instead of the precision one because it doesn’t have a cast time. Also losing that 180 precision with the precision signet costs more dps than losing 180 power to pop the power signet. This is because your ferocity will bypass a threshold with fury signet stacks that make precision more valuable than power.

Utilities are heal signet, power signet, for great justice, one banner, and elite signet.

The rotation is to autoattack, then use f1 4 and 2 when the auto sequence finishes. Only use 5 when you are guaranteed a fire field or dark field. It will increase dps. With confounding bolts or poison fields, the dps comes out about even, and without fields, is a dps loss.

Because of the traits, the adrenaline charges so insanely fast that you can swap to mace/axe or mace/shield and use f1 stun.

(edited by SneakyTouchy.6043)