Axe/Axe Help

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: Sofakingdom.1897

Sofakingdom.1897

Guild Wars Vet but somewhat new to Warriors and looking for a bit of help for my dual wield axe build for PvE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJEQNAnXRjMdU5ZtH+dQHagggC5snCGLgAQdZsFhBA-ThBBwASUCaU5HgnAQK9B5U/JwpAAA-e

I haven’t done in-depth research into warriors but the emphasis of this build is to be high on adrenaline and use your Axe burst skill.

The goal of the build is to have tankiness and passive sustain while still being able to hit hard. I am not looking for a pure tank or a pure damage setup but something in between. Self sufficient if you will.

Things I have considered altering:
Replace Sigil of Force to Sigil of Blood for even more passive sustain. While I know it is small amount every bit helps.
Using Signet of Rage instead of Battle Standard.

Greatsword is used for Hundred Blades + Burst skill for even more fury duration.

Thoughts?

(edited by Sofakingdom.1897)

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Is this for dungeon or general pve?

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: Sofakingdom.1897

Sofakingdom.1897

Dungeons, mostly.

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Axe offhand don’t offer much for dungeon. The skill 5 does less damage then you Axe main hand auto-attack (I know it’s kind of stupid, but that’s the reality). Skill 4 is a lot of dps but give yourself fury, but it’s not much. Take a look at offhand Mace, it give a fair amount of vulnerability and it’s the preferred option for almost everybody in dungeon.

Except if you are not the only warrior in your group you want to bring both banner of strength and discipline. That’s the main force of the warrior. For Great Justice is a good skill, but fury is so easy to create for an Elementalist that it’s only worth using when you are in some group without anyone giving fury (with is rare). Your standard loadout should be the two banner + signet of fury. You can change after to adapt to your party (need more fury? a warrior with one of the banner?, etc).

Your trait are all over the place. Here some focus depending what you prefer.

Pure Axe build?
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Pure_Axe_EA

Or GS + Axe build?
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_GS_Axe/Mace

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Don’t mean to hurt your feelings but there’s little that can be offered without first advising some larger changes, such as what your goal is.

Being tanky in dungeons was useful during the days that little information about encounters was available and people in general didn’t really know what to do, but these days 3 years into the game that is not the case anymore.

Traits in defense and soldier gear are wasteful. You also don’t need condi cleansing for the most part because it’s expected that you’ll have help in that department from allies. Guardians typically trait for absolute resolution and will cleanse conditions with their virtue of resolve, or eles can drop a cleansing rain at the end of an encounter etc.

That said, take the points you put into defense and put into arms instead. A build that uses GS + axe should at the very least have fast hands, which you have, but traiting for burst skill usage is less efficient than damage over time in PvE because unlike PvP and WvW where fights tend to be short and you fight people with no higher than 30k health usually, bosses in PvE often times have over a million health. DPS > burst.

Take “Berserker’s Power” as a grandmaster trait in strength.

For more information and the full build that I suggest, take a look at the guide here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/DPS-guide-for-PvE-Dungeons-Soloing-More/first

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I use OH axe and it has basically 2 uses in total. Since you have sharpened axes already, you know how quickly adrenaline gain is so mix it in with a skill that hits incredibly fast and you get your burst skill back almost instantly. Additionally you can get quite a bit of fury time since the #4 cleaves and is a double hit in itself.

As far as adrenaline gain goes, sharpened axes honestly is, on its own, a solid option (for pve purposes). If you know how to dodge and what your up against to avoid being downed instantly, you can go pretty zerker with this and GS choosing slashing power over axe mastery and just melt targets. Over course go with what you’re comfortable with because a dead player does less dps than a full magi’s and that’s a fact.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Axe/Axe Help

in Warrior

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

No need for me to go over what Miku already said but the main issue I can touch on OP is you wanted a “middle of the road” build. Honestly a middle of the road build between tankiness and DPS offers nothing for your team that would be worthwhile. In ideal scenarios you don’t need any tankiness at all, just an understanding of encounter mechanics.