Axe/Shield Question

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Posted by: Stangboy.7961

Stangboy.7961

Hello All, I was curious to know if you think that Axe/Shield was a combo that is viable for late game content, and if you I was curious if someone could give me a tip on what I should do trait wise.

Thanks

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Stangboy.7961

Can anyone help me with this?

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I am of the opinion to specialize. all damage all defense.

but i like the idea of axe/shield. I use axe/mace when i want decent damage with some defense.
But im only 56 or so…

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

axe is mean for pure damage, which is complemented by an axe off hand, so unless you have over 50% crit chance, go with the shield, otherwise i suggest an axe.

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Stangboy.7961

I kind of want to be a damage taker rather then dealer (What can I say i’m hooked on tanks) Any suggestions there?

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

If youre looking for a strong 1v1 build that can also weather the storm then I suggest using the following build I have created.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQJAnejgOJvxOGPMxBE0Ds4KEQjCjIIUKoD3A;TwAg0CnoAyAkAILQOgkANy4QwjgpIA

I have left the second weapon choice up to personal preferrence, but I suggest using Rifle for more Control and Greatsword for more Mobility.

The beauty in this build is that it gets stronger the longer the battle goes on, especially if you block a rapid fire attack such as Flurry, Pistol Whip, Hundred Blades, Blurred Frenzy, etc. basically countering most cookie cutter builds out there at the moment and gaining 1 stack of might per blocked attack + reflecting all ranged attacks back at the target.

(edited by Kreedz.8127)

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Stangboy.7961

That sounds good but sadly the link isn’t working for me. I would like to have a look at it.

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Posted by: Kreedz.8127

Kreedz.8127

Copy and Paste the link, unfortunately the direct link doesnt work. Sorry.

Axe/Shield Question

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Yes its absolutely fine. Depends on what you mean by late game content. You shouldn’t really ever need a shield for solo PvE.

The shield can be very useful in dungeons, if your having survival issues. I pack one just in case for that situation. The shield is also useful in sPvP (basically required really), but it is not that useful in WvWvW (the pvp is completely different)

Basically it doesn’t hurt to carry one around, there will be situations when you might want the extra survival.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….