Axe/Warhorn Warrior, :Lovin' it atm!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

So I was axe/axing but then I decided to try Axe/warhorn, and I am loving it atm!!!

Condition removal on 4 (cripple, chill, immobilize) + turns 1 condition into the MOTHER kittenING BOON! not to mention swiftness 24/7.
Condition removal on 5 and turns it into ANOTHER MOTHER kittenING BOON!! and gives you vigor for 7.5 seconds every 16 seconds, while putting weakness on enemies, so they dodge half as much while you dodge twice as much.
(note these are if traited for major skill on tactics line)

combine this with soldier runes and you get another 2 condition removal from shake it off, and another 1 condition removal from great justice and/or another 1 condition removal from the shout that put vulnerability, depending on whether you’re running 2 or 3 shouts.

and people say warriors can’t removal conditions effectively? (plus dogged march and you’ll be unconditionable). I really think warhorns are underrated and not used enough.

in Warrior

Posted by: BOSSMAN.2647

BOSSMAN.2647

I’m also running this build with a banner for regen. This build helps out your party as you covert your party conditions to boons and also can remove then with shouts plus bonus from banner.

But for some reason I have been testing this for a while and noticed that I keep getting the same boons when converted (vigor, regen, swiftness, might, fury) I rarely see protection or might or other boons? Why is it that we have these boons at a very low chance (Aegis, Protection, Retaliation, Stability) I tested this fro a week and only see these one party members some times and I noticed that I would get them if I don’t use my banner traited with regen?

I think Anet should look into this?

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I’m sword/horn, but yea horn is great for conditions. I think horn, dogged march and lemongrass is enough in wvwvw, melandrus is just overkill. And for the Boons you get each condition always turn to the same boon, you can look it up on wiki.

in Warrior

Mattidore.3482

I’m sword/horn, but yea horn is great for conditions. I think horn, dogged march and lemongrass is enough in wvwvw, melandrus is just overkill. And for the Boons you get each condition always turn to the same boon, you can look it up on wiki.

where can I find the page that tells me which conditions turn into which boons?

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Breathing

On my phone so hope the link works

in Warrior

Mattidore.3482

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Breathing

On my phone so hope the link works

thanks for that, link works fine!

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Sadly, you rarely get a decent boon because the priority on removal favors the weakest conditions like bleed which gets instantly reapplied anyway. So you end up with tons of vigor and almost never get protection or aegis or regen.

I ran Axe/Warhorn with heal shouts and it was ok I guess. Overall I felt like it wasn’t needed because conditions get reapplied so quickly and the boons provided are so weak.

I hate regen banners because you provide weak-sauce regen that doesn’t stack with regen from other classes. You’re much better off doing heal shouts imo because that never gets squandered.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

You have to choose your boon conversion moments carefully, to be sure. Burning to aegis and vuln to protection are good if you can catch them at the right time. I find that the way my Lemongrass and Melandru interact with conditions allows for some of them to actually fall off more often than others on average, allowing me to convert boons a bit more to my liking.

Soldier runes, healing shouts, and a Lemongrass/Dogged March combo seems like it would be pretty durable and helpful to others. Doubt I’d like the damage output though, haha.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The problem is you simply can’t time them consistently if other conditions are present with long durations and/or being continuously reapplied, because the 4 & 5 actions aren’t instant.

Also, the conversion will convert cripple/immobilize to swiftness before removing it with the #4 skill, so you only remove one condition that would have been removed anyway.

in Warrior

Mattidore.3482

I find generally that axe and warhorn is generally pretty good with necros, mesmers and assassins (to a certain degree), I haven’t really fought 1v1’d any engineers or guardians to get a good feel for those classes. (it is pretty funny when thieves put 10 stacks of vulnerability on you and you just turn it protection though)

But the only class I have problem with are rangers, and just like you guys said, they just re-apply conditions too fast, and with their 25% movement speed signet, it’s really hard to keep up with them, even with swiftness.

in Warrior

Sil.4560

Yes, multiple conditions that don’t fall off properly or are suddenly reapplied are somewhat problematic, as is the stupid way that the movement hindering conditions are dealt with using Charge…

I usually don’t have trouble with it overall though. If you’re getting focused anyway, odds are you have bigger problems and can just dump everything on you with Signet of Stamina or something. I find condition builds to be a complete non-threat if I isolate them though. =)

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

But for some reason I have been testing this for a while and noticed that I keep getting the same boons when converted (vigor, regen, swiftness, might, fury) I rarely see protection or might or other boons?

Each condition converts to a specific boon, so if you’re always getting the same conditions you’ll always get the same boons. You could try asking your enemies to use a greater variety I suppose.

in Warrior

Sil.4560

That, and like was mentioned, the order the conditions are applied messes with what is converted so you’re more likely to have certain ones converted to the crappy ones you don’t need. If they buff warhorn again, I think the next thing they should do is look at the boon duration. I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of daze in there also – might make the weapon a whole lot deeper.

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

That, and like was mentioned, the order the conditions are applied messes with what is converted so you’re more likely to have certain ones converted to the crappy ones you don’t need. If they buff warhorn again, I think the next thing they should do is look at the boon duration. I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of daze in there also – might make the weapon a whole lot deeper.

If you’re using shake it off and/or soldier runes you can mitigate that somewhat because shouts happen immediately and can be used during other skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I’ve been running with Axe/Warhorn for a long time now and it is sweet. I always have that combo slotted with whatever else I might use in the other slot but Axe/Warhorn is a must to me.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”