Axe chain nerf

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Axing the axe.

Now I’m axing you, fine gents, what do you feel of the axe chain nerf?

Was it neccesary? Was it overpowered by having the chain damage be spread out evenly?

Did you think moving most dps to the end was a smart idea, considering, esp in wvw, being kited means your chain breaks and most of the time you don’t hit the last attacks thus losing most of your dps?

I personally dont like it, people were just starting to use axes more (due cof p1 farm) in pve and now the very little reasons to use them now are gone.

Also the 50% damage increase in whirling only in pvp was no way to resolve the last chains not landing. It doesn’t get affected in wvw nor pve. So I axe you – what does you think?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Gasoline.2570)

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Warrior damage is adjusted against stationary targets I think. There was no other reason I see why axe damage chain was readjusted. Landing 6 attacks in a row is difficult on anything that is actively trying to avoid damage. Not to mention there are not traits that directly buff axe damage. So I think it was a little over the top. Since Berzerker’s power was moved to grandmaster anyway.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

To be concise: It’s kitten.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

The reason why it was adjusted was that the dev’s probably thought that with the decrease in burst CD’s the axe might be too powerful, having both a strong chain and a strong burst.

However, I fully disagree. Axe / Shield was the only thing that really allowed us to put DPS pressure on the opponent. Especially after the Berserker Power nerf, this pressure is almost all but gone.

The warrior should do a lot of damage! If you consider all other classes, they have “tricks” to avoid us, say using active defenses (block, blind, invuln), CC, cripples, stealth, pets, Regen. As a warrior, when you do manage to actually hit the enemy, you should be rewarded by being able to do heavy damage. Right now, even if you manage to get through, you barely bruise the enemy.

I feel that in this patch, we went one step forward (with the change two brawn), but two steps back (change to berserker power / axe nerf).

Skullclamp

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonwar.9205

Jonwar.9205

I miss chasing ele’s around chop chopping as they desperately tried to heal up and stay on a point…

I don’t understand why it was moved at all, this is clearly a PvP nerf as I don’t see how it effects the PvE issues with warriors. They already nerfed the overall sustained damage with it via moving berserker’s power… I really hope they see that this was a silly decision and revert it.

Hurr Durr Blades – PvP Warrior
Jangeol – WvW Warrior

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Trimsic.4392

Trimsic.4392

The changes made to the axe is a buff in PvE, and a nerf in PvP and WvW. That’s a bad move because the warrior was already excellent in PvE and had many issues in PvP and WvW, before this change.

Trimsic
Guild Leader Millenium Old School
http://mos.millenium.org

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

I’m starting to hate the way axe behaves in PvE as well. The auto attack seems far more difficult to interrupt with another skill now.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Unless I missed a patch where this already happened, the damage on the Axe chain was changed as it actually did LESS damage as it went on. Due to the length of the animations and delay between hits doing a Triple Chop slightly lowered your DPS. Chop/Double Chop/Chop/Double Chop was actually better than Chop/Double/Triple. Of course, actually managing to do Chop/Double over and over was very difficult, but the point still stands that the full chain did less DPS as it went on which clearly wasn’t the intention, especially as there were no secondary effects on Triple Chop. Hence it got changed.

Whether or not too much damage is now loaded into the final hit of Triple Chop is another issue entirely. If you land the full chain you get the same DPS as before big with additional spike. However, dropping the chain will result in a DPS loss.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

And in the case with any competent enemy in a competitive scenario, you have a DPS loss because landing the entirety of an axe chain on a moving opponent is a stupidly hard feat for what it has to offer. We need some sort of trait that increases melee range or reduces movement speed for enemies within X range around us.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Gasoline.2570

Unless I missed a patch where this already happened, the damage on the Axe chain was changed as it actually did LESS damage as it went on. Due to the length of the animations and delay between hits doing a Triple Chop slightly lowered your DPS. Chop/Double Chop/Chop/Double Chop was actually better than Chop/Double/Triple. Of course, actually managing to do Chop/Double over and over was very difficult, but the point still stands that the full chain did less DPS as it went on which clearly wasn’t the intention, especially as there were no secondary effects on Triple Chop. Hence it got changed.

Whether or not too much damage is now loaded into the final hit of Triple Chop is another issue entirely. If you land the full chain you get the same DPS as before big with additional spike. However, dropping the chain will result in a DPS loss.

So basically if that was the case then moving the dps a little bit to the triple chop would have been an ok move. What they did here is they offloaded way too much on the last 3 hits, especially the very last one.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Or you could change to sword like they want you to, as it received nothing but love on this patch.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

You can barely gain double chop in pvp so this nerf wiped out axes from dps builds.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Liltaro.6341

Liltaro.6341

They obviously want we will finish whole chains, to get full benefits. All chains not only axe. They messed with the axe previously. What is the purpose of chain if you do better when interrupting it? Logical huh? And here comes “chop, chop-chop,chop-chop-chop” chain. It’s plain, simple, warriorish style. I count this issue as standard warrior design flaw. Maybe chop, chop, chop+something(condi, bonus damage,etc.) would be better?

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Or you could change to sword like they want you to, as it received nothing but love on this patch.

Maybe once the buff the hell out of final thrust. Even with the sword buffs and axe nerfs axe still probably provides better dps.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Maybe once the buff the hell out of final thrust. Even with the sword buffs and axe nerfs axe still probably provides better dps.

Pre patch sword was providing better dps for me in regular hits. Now due to faster stacking bleeds, sword probably will do even more. On top of that final thrust as a answer to evi

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

They obviously want we will finish whole chains, to get full benefits. All chains not only axe. They messed with the axe previously. What is the purpose of chain if you do better when interrupting it? Logical huh? And here comes “chop, chop-chop,chop-chop-chop” chain. It’s plain, simple, warriorish style. I count this issue as standard warrior design flaw. Maybe chop, chop, chop+something(condi, bonus damage,etc.) would be better?

i NEVER interrupted axe chain because i thought the first hit was better than the triple hit in the end

but a good player just doesnt stay at skill 1 autoattack long enough
you have 8 other weapon skills that you can use and that are more useful normally
i use shield bash/block/criple switch to hammer use the skills go back to axe start with autoattack but already can use burst and then autoattack but i have to interrupt it for criple skill so that my enemy doesnt run away

it’s not that i wouldnt finish the axe chain because i think tripel chop is too weak its just that i HAVE to use my CC skills in between

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Liltaro.6341

Liltaro.6341

Point is, axe chain is to long, for various reasons.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Gasoline.2570

Point is, axe chain is to long, for various reasons.

Yes indeed it is.

Axe chain nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Anet….* Hey warriors…we give you better sword …. end if u stile like to use axe…just kitten spam it …. Pls stop whining ,we are not sure what to do with this class *…………………

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !