Axe offhand > mace ?

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

Got bored with GS + axe/mace meta. Wanted to try something else and I find axe offhand much better than mace. You have 360° aoe with whirling axe, you have instant adrenaline so you can burst before that, you can dodge while doing damage, have better vulnerability stacking + aoe than mace.

Its also great at wall stacking. Axe #2 + whirling axe with combined double dodge into a wall (doing damage while dodging) + GS WW into a wall. Thats a couple of secs doing great damage with complete damage imunity you can finish of with 100b + axe autoattack and use endure pain if necessary.

I know that that whirling axe is less DPS than axe autoattack you can abort the attack if not needed further, so use it wisely (adrenaline build, vuls. stacking, many mobs or doing dps while dodging) and axe #4 isn’t useless at all. At high fractal levels I have many times battlestandard for reviving instead of signet of rage. So with axe #4 I can maintain my fury uptime with FGJ.

With mace you have AoE 2 sec CC/interupt and you must target the farthest target in a line to be effective which is time consuming (usless against bosses most of the time) and 4 vuls, stacks. I don’t see why would be mace better than axe…

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

I too have replaced mace offhand with an axe recently and find it much better suited for high level fractals compared to mace, especially for PUG groups i do 99% of the time..

I find it funny how the only thing people mention is how kitten whirling axe dmg is compared to axe auto attack but they all forget that you can do 360 degree damage while moving and dodging. Used in right situation it does amazing damage. It also pretty much instantly fills your adrenalin bar, great for burst builds.

(edited by zMajc.4659)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I hope no one seriously listens to this advice.

If you “don’t see” why mace is better than axe you really don’t understand.

Mace 4 = 4% dps boost for your team
Mace 5 = on demand aoe knock down for trash mobs or interrupt for bosses.

Axe 4 = useless Fury when every warrior build already had perma Fury
Axe 5 = low dps aoe attack that is worse than an auto attack in every case except 6+ enemies which happens essentially almost never

You would be better off with offhand warhorn than axe when fighting large groups of mobs, since the AOE Weakness is going to be very significant.

Against difficult bosses, you can replace the mace with off hand sword with energy sigil for the additional dodge and block.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

I’ve switched from GS to Dual axe and have never looked back. It’s good for PVP, WVW and PVE. Even with full PVT gear.

The gameplay is so much faster too, thieves get melted with Dual axes.

(edited by hellsmachine.4085)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Axe 5 = low dps aoe attack that is worse than an auto attack in every case except 6+ enemies which happens essentially almost never

You would be better off with offhand warhorn than axe when fighting large groups of mobs, since the AOE Weakness is going to be very significant.

Against difficult bosses, you can replace the mace with off hand sword with energy sigil for the additional dodge and block.

Lol, shhh you. We don’t care. Axe is way more fun.

Stick with your boring meta if it’s so much better and stop being such a buzzkill.

(edited by hellsmachine.4085)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Try sigil of fire, it gives whirling axe a kaboom!

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

Meta build don’t have perma fury if you take battlestandard isntead of signet of rage. And you are forgeting that whirling axe gives many many vuls. stack. more than 4% of mace. I can maintain alone -+15 vul. stacks all the time (15% party DPS increase). And you can use evirascate also in rotation. Adrenaline is back in 1-2secs with whirling axe. With sword blocking on bosses you are not contributing to dps.

I melee 90% of the time and I’m puging most of the time in full zerk gear. I can melee cliffside boss and mossman 75% of the time while 2 guards are ranging with scepter without giving me aeigis whatsoever.

Maybe in organized groups is mace better, but for me, axe all the way.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

zMajc.4659

Two axe/axe warriors can keep vul stacks on a boss at 23 – 25 without much hassle., and i’ve had the pleaure of having more axe/axe warrior companions in recent PUG fractals.

Can’t see what makes mace #4 any better in that case.

Meta buils is so boring i was literaly falling asleep playing it. Burst oriented axe/axe + GS build i use now is so much more fun it’s unbeliavable.

(edited by zMajc.4659)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

So much this…

You don’t need the fury from Axe #4, and #5 looks pretty with big numbers until you realize it’s so godkitten slow the DPS is actually worst than autos.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I did the math a while back and axe 5 even when hitting 5 enemies for the full duration does less overall damage than the auto attack hitting 3 enemies for the same duration. Therefore its never worth using. Axe 4 is situationally useful i suppose. But only if you are short on fury for whatever reason (im guessing solo where you dont need cc or block from sword).

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I just went in to Cursed Shore.

My whirling axe dealt 9,325 damage. This is with undead slaying.

My axe auto-attack chain dealt 16,951 damage. This is with undead slaying.

This means that if I cleave three enemies with axe auto, my chain would deal 50,853 damage altogether. If I cleave five enemies with whirling axe I deal 46,625 damage. If I go axe/mace and did axe 2 and mace 4 beforehand giving 8 vuln, I would have dealt 54,921 against those three targets. With axe/axe I only have 4 vuln, meaning I would deal 48,490 damage to those five targets.

I wouldn’t suggest using axe 5 even with five mobs around you. If adrenaline is such a major issue for you, pop healing surge at the start of the fight for the 15%+ damage modifier from berserker’s power. You can also double dodge at the start to proc stick and move straight away (3%+ damage w/o full endurance).

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Meta build don’t have perma fury if you take battlestandard isntead of signet of rage. And you are forgeting that whirling axe gives many many vuls. stack. more than 4% of mace. I can maintain alone -+15 vul. stacks all the time (15% party DPS increase). And you can use evirascate also in rotation. Adrenaline is back in 1-2secs with whirling axe. With sword blocking on bosses you are not contributing to dps.

I melee 90% of the time and I’m puging most of the time in full zerk gear. I can melee cliffside boss and mossman 75% of the time while 2 guards are ranging with scepter without giving me aeigis whatsoever.

Maybe in organized groups is mace better, but for me, axe all the way.

Meta build should be maintaining perma fury. Not by itself when using banner, but if rest of the group is delivering 0 fury I wouldn’t bother bringing banner for them instead of personal dps increase via signet. Fury is now covered, therefore axe 4 brings little to nothing on the table.

With 100% crit chance 15 hits of axe 5 would give you an average of 5 vuln for 7s (0 cond duration) on 20s cd while mace 4 gives you an average of 4.33 vuln for 10s on 15s cd with only 0.33 vuln of that being reliant on rng and crit chance. At least for me, offhand axe vuln compared to mace doesn’t seem appealing.

In addition to that, mace brings aoe kd which really isn’t hard to hit against a group of enemies when they are in the range at which offhand axe operates (melee). While axe 5 gives you the chance to deal dmg during dodge, 2s kd with good dmg lets the whole of your team both deal dmg and save dodges. That is huge, it really makes me sad so many people seem to not value the effects of cc.

Comparing axe to sword makes no sense to me, they obviously reach for different goals. Axe brings only offensive improvements while sword (or warhorn) brings defensive. The difference is there are situations where defensive utility of sword is next to no other option. In case of axe the only situation where I could think of picking it over mace is while soloing content and not needing any utility. In said situation aoe buffing of fgj isn’t utilized meaning you can look for other means to get fury while getting more power by using signet of might instead of fgj.

(edited by Konu.1826)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

zMajc.4659

I’m speaking only for myself and i’m not arguing that meta build isn’t THE most optimal build on paper. Unfortunately it just doesn’t work for me in high lvl fractals. I have a much better performance all around with axe offhand compared to mace. Different things work for different people.

It’s funny tho, i keep seing more and more axe/axe warriors in fractals recently. I guess they must all be stupid kitten using non optimal kittened builds.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Not using cc in fractals is very stupid indeed.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Konu.1826

I wouldn’t call people stupid because of using offhand axe, I rarely try to optimize everything myself.

However, name of this thread as well as the earlier posts gave me the impression people were comparing the potential of axe with other offhand choices and cold facts rather than discussing axe’s growing popularity or that using it would just give a feeling of good performance.

If that was the aim, I’d like to add axe offhand looks pretty nice. When it comes down to how axe offhand feels in combat, the feeling I get is I tend not to use skills 4 and 5. Also I haven’t seen any axe offhands recently in dungeons or fractals (granted I haven’t been doing too much of them) and only occasionally in open world.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Unfortunately it just doesn’t work for me in high lvl fractals. I have a much better performance all around with axe offhand compared to mace.

Explain, specifically, how “it doesnt work” for you? Does your Mace not knock down the Ascalonian Fighters? Does your Warhorn not put Weakness on the dredge?

Explain, specifically, how offhand Axe gives you better performance. Does your Axe #5 magically have higher dps than just autoattacking? Does your Axe #4 do something other than add Fury you didn’t need?

I think it needs to be made ultra-clear: you are better of equipping offhand Mace and not using any of the mace skills than you are equipping offhand axe and activating any of the skills.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Stick with your boring meta if it’s so much better and stop being such a buzzkill.

Funny, this is basicaly the same response I got from this noob warrior I pug’ed with for a CoE P1 run. His post was for ‘exp zerk only’ so I assume he knew what he meant by that. Team dps was kinda terrible, didn’t notice anything until we were fighting the giant guy near those pillars. I see he’s sitting and autoattacking with his rifle… next second he switches to axe/axe and uses whirling axe (keep in mind this is for a boss fight). I called him noob when I saw that and whispered him later why is he bother posting for something that he doesn’t know what it means, and if he doesn’t use metas at all. Basicaly I ask why is he using rifle+a/a. His defensive reply: ‘I am in zerk gear’. Of course I told him I played with many noobs like him before. He gets mad and says, ‘idc if it is terrible dps bro I am having fun with it.’ Sure..just don’t waste my time posting for speedruns if you’re not gonna use optimal gear for ur class -_-

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I’m speaking only for myself and i’m not arguing that meta build isn’t THE most optimal build on paper. Unfortunately it just doesn’t work for me in high lvl fractals. I have a much better performance all around with axe offhand compared to mace. Different things work for different people.

It’s funny tho, i keep seing more and more axe/axe warriors in fractals recently. I guess they must all be stupid kitten using non optimal kittened builds.

If you’re trying to claim whirling axe deals more damage to fractal mobs, well I just debunked that straight away. It doesn’t even deal more if you’re hitting five mobs.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

zMajc.4659

I’m not claiming it does more damage, it can however in right situations reach monsters in a 360 degree radius. Very useful when you’re surrounded from all sides and don’t have the time for positioning to hit them all with auto attack .

Useful in fights like Mossman, the fight with multiple champs in uncategorized fractal from top of my head.

In any case it works for me better than mace offhand so i’ll stick with it.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Funny, this is basicaly the same response I got from this noob warrior I pug’ed with for a CoE P1 run. His post was for ‘exp zerk only’ so I assume he knew what he meant by that. Team dps was kinda terrible, didn’t notice anything until we were fighting the giant guy near those pillars. I see he’s sitting and autoattacking with his rifle… next second he switches to axe/axe and uses whirling axe (keep in mind this is for a boss fight). I called him noob when I saw that and whispered him later why is he bother posting for something that he doesn’t know what it means, and if he doesn’t use metas at all. Basicaly I ask why is he using rifle+a/a. His defensive reply: ‘I am in zerk gear’. Of course I told him I played with many noobs like him before. He gets mad and says, ‘idc if it is terrible dps bro I am having fun with it.’ Sure..just don’t waste my time posting for speedruns if you’re not gonna use optimal gear for ur class -_-

Wasn’t me. I don’t pug and I rarely PvE.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

is he a troll? im not sure …

Blùb [LuPi]

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

OMG, don’t compare me to a noob rifle zerk war please, I’m a decent melee war with good sustained dps, I can melee maironette warden 3 all the time np, even if others keep shouting go ranged, go ranged, I also soloed fractal reactor boss 60% HP left full melee with GS+axe/shield on lvl 29 with ease, If it was up to me, I would ban all ranged weapons! I hate them so much…

and read my first post again kitten . I never said #5 is greater dps than autoattack, contrary, I said that I know its a less dps. I very rarerly finish #5 attack.

I have played the meta so far, was struggling sometimes (bad pugs), sometimes it was cool. I always pug, thats the problem. Its more pug friendly and you can call it more selfish build. I’m playing for burst here, don’t have berserker’s power instead I have sharpened axes and cleansig ire, thats why. I explained my tactics already. Dodges with #5 axe + burst, and GS 100b, WW, rush axe auto etc., I can upkeep my melee most of the time without dying and cleanse myself, awesome for mai trin, you can easy melee her while others go ranged. With this build Im 75% less downed. Stacking is a lot easier, I get away with mobs special attack while doing damage and everbody knows when stacking at wall with many mobs you don’t see a kitten when the mobs do special attacks.

If you are wondering I’m using full asceneded berserker gear except armor and offhand are zerk exo. And don’t hate me for bringing a few % less dps on paper with me, Im doing more sustained dps with this than meta melee/range combo for some bosses most of the time. Everybody knows ranged is bad. I also noticed my platform at marionette is first to finish a warden 90% of the time so Im not some useless rifle zerk war or full meta downed war either.

I can imagine how awesome 2 axe/mace war meta can be with proper rotation. But that ain’t possible with pug sadly….

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Konu.1826

Although your latest post seems to be more about defending your individual skills in the game, I’ll return back to axe offhand.

Where does this additional survivability that let’s you live more often than other offhands come from? Using some other offhand while stacking doesn’t force you to take any more dmg, actually it lets you avoid or mitigate with blocks, weakness or cc while saving evades and also supporting other members of the group. The dps you gain from dodging with axe 5 on could be replaced with free dps time for the whole group of yours if you cc’d mobs with mace instead.

You can run cleansing ire just as well with another offhand and cleanse just as many conditions. I’d imagine being not as often downed against Mai Trin was in your opinion because of cleansing ire and not axe offhand. However, this is a great example of a fight where sword offhand shines with block so I bring the discussion about offhands here too. Personally I feel no condition removal is needed in this fight, at least when playing as warrior. Then again, taking some condition removal isn’t all that bad since Mai’s health is so low that difference between taking offensive compared to defensive utilities is small.

The main point I’d like to understand is what is it that makes you consider axe offhand pug friendly? Is it just the fact axe 5 brings dmg while dodging?

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

Axe OH for doing constant damage while avoiding all damage and to fill my adrenaline for bursting. With sharpened axes you have full adrenaline in 1 sec with whirling axe or 0,01 sec if there are more enemies more bursting = more damage and cleanse for me.

Yesterday I tested again my old mace OH in SE dungeon P1, P3, and AC P1, P3. My HP HP was droping almost double than with axe OH, even when I was using mace CC. Spider queen aplies bleeds, SE bosses golems also 15+ bleed stacks, if you are in a bad pug go figure probably wipe or downed state. In organized gourp I would gladly go meta build np, I just find with PUG mace clumsy, 3/4 sec vul. attack and 1/2 sec CC, a lot of time Im interupted before I fire my mace CC. I don’t use axe #5 longer than needed, 1-1,5 sec is enough when needed, thats all. So pugs are getting 10-15 aoe vuls, disc. banner and fgj from me, nothing else. Occasionally they get a rezz also with battlestandard in fractlas.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

Oh and one more thing, I do kite a lot and noticed that I missfire my mace CC sometimes by not looking to the right direction… it leaves a bad feeling

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Konu.1826

So additional survivability comes for condition cleanse provided by burst skills with cleansing ire? With sharpened axes you will recover adrenaline while eviscerate is on cd without axe 5 also, and since you are not using berserker’s power using slower, hard hitting, attacks instead of smaller fast hits leads in no damage loss and works just as well with cleansing ire as long as you have accumulated adrenaline before using burst skill again.

What you may get is one higher adrenaline health tick every 2nd eviscerate rotation compared to other offhands due to axe 5. If you were using sword you could get an extra block within the same time frame which on average prevents more damage than that extra tick recovers.

It seems this discussion is now turning towards whether going 20 in defense tree instead of full damage traits is worth it or not. While I certainly wouldn’t consider doing that myself I do understand that several players like the defensive benefits and I agree it does increase your survivability.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyrael.7410

Tyrael.7410

I find off hand mace fairly lame in pvp. Well, the reason is “the men” (Yes, U!) decide to nerf the speed of the casting and animation. It is too slow so people can dodge it easily. Plus, the cool down is too long. Pve, those factors do not matter so that’s fine.

I think axe off hand is at the right place since the burst spin lets you have energy to spam Eviscerate.

Priest of Grenth

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

Look its not perfect and less dps, it’s suits my style, I do miss mace CC sometimes, my melee uptime is boosted so I’m doing more damage staying melee longer and not get downed, have increased stance duration also, 5 sec endure pain helps a lot to burst down the enemies, bosses, you can also use GS burst to cleanse yourself if needed. Berserker power is bad from anet imho, dumbing down the warrior even more, promoting to keep your adrenaline, it’s really boring… but with organized group, meta is the best, but pls, don’t look down on all dual axe warriors as noobs, you might get a suprise now and then

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Konu.1826

It is by no means my intention look down on anyone. I’m perfectly fine with people using different builds no matter what I think of said setups.

I have changed my own view regarding several builds before and that has mostly happened due to discussions and arguments between people be it in forums or somewhere else. That is my goal here too, listening to the arguments other people bring on the table and maybe change my mind regarding something once again.

None of what I have written here was meant to be offending someone, although I admit that in some sentences I am stating my own opinion in offensive manner.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

The only useful thing off hand axe can do in fractals is break the shell on the fire elemental faster other than that oh mace > oh Axe.

The thing with OH axe that people don’t understand is for the length of the skill OH axe either doesn’t hit as many times as the tool tip says it does or doesn’t hit hard enough. Either way in the same amount of time that it takes you to do #5 OH axe you could of completed a entire AA Chain. So the skill is totally pointless.

ANET knows this and buffed it in PVP but didn’t buff it in PVE because they want people to use 100 blades and be rooted. They don’t wan’t warriors doing big damage and moving. pretty stupid I know but that is how anet thinks. Never mid that is perfectly fine that gurdians can spin and move and the skill thief’s steal from warriors is better than our own.

If you want to use OH axe go for it but know one thing your doing it with full knowledge that the skill is gimpy and or broken but you are doing it anyways does that make you a bad player no… But it does call into question your judgement and at the very least your knowledge of the game specifically the class you play.

/thread

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

Sad but true, I hate 100b root, hard to finish it without endure pain on bosses (higher level frac. bosses), I never use axe #5 to the end except when they are tons of mobs scattered around.

Are you sure axe #5 is working on shaman? Last time I didn’t noticed any boost from it or the others didn’t attacked the shell..

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

I’m not saying oh axe > oh mace, but can people please read and realize that OH axe, unlike OH mace, allows you to deal damage and dodge at the same time. It’s a niche use and therefore it’s not useless. Learn2read.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I’m not saying oh axe > oh mace, but can people please read and realize that OH axe, unlike OH mace, allows you to deal damage and dodge at the same time. It’s a niche use and therefore it’s not useless. Learn2read.

Same could be said to you. We have stated that mace 5 cc’s so you dont need to dodge. The cc also allows your teammates to save their dodge aswell. Being able to use axe 5 while dodging doesnt make up for its terrible dps compared to axe auto attack.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Saying cc = dodge is too much of an apples and oranges comparison, though. For example mace 5 might not hit all enemies, might hit defiant enemies, might hit enemies with stability, whereas dodge knows no counter. On the other hand, cc indeed saves the need for your allies to dodge.
The pros and cons need to be weighed on a case by case basis, and oh axe can come out on top.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

spoj.9672

The only way oh axe would come out on top is if you activate it b4 you are going to dodge and interrupt it after you’ve dodged. So you are only using axe 5 for the duration of your dodge (0.5 seconds?). Which is not going to be possible seeing as dodge should be done on reaction which means you wouldnt have time to cast axe 5. Dodge duration is so short its barely a dps loss. Besides warrior has reckless dodge anyway so its never a full dps loss.

Please be realistic.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

This is a classic Play How You Want Thread

1. OP mades a dubious anti-meta claim.
2. OP is challenged on it using examples/proof/etc of why the meta choice is superior.
3. OP responds with amorphous comment about how it fits with his “playstyle” as if somehow skills work differently on his client than everyone elses
4. OP is challenged that, no, it is objectively worse.
5. OP finds one tiny, infinitesimally minute circumstances where it is debatablely useful.
6. Everyone scratches their head.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Mace mainhand is also pretty good. If boss without defiant is about to kill you with well telegraphed attack while you have no endurance, health or blocks left, you can interrupt it. No other mainhand can do that, except Rifle which is also pretty good.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Abhor.5602

Abhor.5602

I laugh everytime I see double axe warriors, especially when they use 5 on bosses.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Pacer.6143

Today I tested more mace and axe OH with my build, decided I will be using both, depends on the dungeon, fractal, bosses etc…

Oh and dodge is 0,75 sec, and the point is really you can dps while dodge + burst + adrenaline build and some damage from dodge alone also. For boss fight (defiant) far superior if you can get the hang of it. With pug you can stay in melee when the party scaters for ranged dps.

cons. for mace OH is longer channel times and clummsy CC targeting, doesn’t hit all enemies.

They both need a buff:
- axe oh: same damage as in pvp
- mace oh: make it so that you can target nearest enemy and the CC projectile goes to the end as you were targeting the last enemy and reduce casting time for vul. attack from 3/4 to 1/2

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

spoj.9672

What is this targeting issue you have? Ive never had an issue with hitting the mobs I want with mace 5. The only time it fails is if its obstructed which is usually your own fault.

If you are using auto target and not selecting the target you want to aim it at then its your own fault its missing.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

This is a classic Play How You Want Thread

1. OP mades a dubious anti-meta claim.
2. OP is challenged on it using examples/proof/etc of why the meta choice is superior.
3. OP responds with amorphous comment about how it fits with his “playstyle” as if somehow skills work differently on his client than everyone elses
4. OP is challenged that, no, it is objectively worse.
5. OP finds one tiny, infinitesimally minute circumstances where it is debatablely useful.
6. Everyone scratches their head.

So very true. I would also add: 7. Facepalm.

Wanna use axe OH? Be my guest, but please do not try to tell me that it is overall better than mace OH.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Dual Axe=Kick. Complet useless offhand, worst warrior offhand in all gamemodes.

In PvP Dualaxe is a Joke in WvsW they are just funny, loot to go.
And in PvE they´re rly rly weak. I don´t want to carry such a bad warrior through any dungeon/fractal.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

And in PvE they´re rly rly weak. I don´t want to carry such a bad warrior through any dungeon/fractal.

Wrong, there are many situations where Axe offhand is useful. When 2-5 players are stacked together, or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

Your opinion is invalid.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Wrong, there are many situations where Axe offhand is useful. When 2-5 players are stacked together, or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

Your opinion is invalid.

Why would you use evis (other than to finish off a boss) and lose the 15% damage modifier from Berserker’s Power? And if you’re low on health, mace #5’s knockdown interrupting the enemies’ attack will do much more than using a skill that will have lower dps than just auto attacking.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

…or how’s about shield’s interrupt and block. These two things have saved my !@# and/or turned the tide in a duel more than once. Axe/shield is very strong IMHO.

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Agreed. It just shows a complete lack of knowledge and you bet their kitten they are x/x/30/30/x even if they link to prove they are Zerker.

or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

Using eviscerate is actually a DPS loss.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Your opinion is invalid.

Why would you use evis (other than to finish off a boss) and lose the 15% damage modifier from Berserker’s Power? And if you’re low on health, mace #5’s knockdown interrupting the enemies’ attack will do much more than using a skill that will have lower dps than just auto attacking.

I’m talking about PvP. I don’t PvE so can not comment on it.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Agreed. It just shows a complete lack of knowledge and you bet their kitten they are x/x/30/30/x even if they link to prove they are Zerker.

or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

DPS alone won’t help you win in PvP.

DPS don’t mean squat if you can’t land a hit.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

DPS alone won’t help you win in PvP.

Why on earth did you think this thread is PvP related?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Your opinion is invalid.

I’m talking about PvP. I don’t PvE so can not comment on it.

“Got bored with GS + axe/mace meta” Literally in the first sentence of the OP. Now tell me, is GS + axe/mace the meta in pvp?