Axe offhand > mace ?

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Wrong, there are many situations where Axe offhand is useful. When 2-5 players are stacked together, or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

Your opinion is invalid.

No. He’s right. Off hand axe is completely useless. In PvP especially. Axes in general are pretty crap in PvP, but at least mainhand axe has damage going for it. Off hand has nothing. Literally nothing.

• Warhorn and Shield have defensive skills and utility. Shield has one of the best blocks in the game and a nice stun. Warhorn has condition removal, swiftness, a blast finisher and AoE Vigor and Weakness.
  • OH Mace has control (AoE knockdown) and damage (vuln stacking and decent damage on skills)
  • OH Sword has a mixture of some defense (block) and decent offense that mixes conditions and power damage (rip)
  • OH Axe has…. Nothing. Literally. Nothing. #4 is an incredibly slow melee attack with relatively mediocre damage. The only use of the skill is to get a lot of fury, which is only accomplished by hitting a lot of targets (useless in PvP). In PvE you already have perma fury so it’s trash as well. #5 is supposed to be … Something… An AoE DPS skill I guess, but the damage is miserable. It has no burst (too slow) or sustained DPS (too low DPS in general). Warrior has better AoE options, and even auto-attacks are better damage. So… There’s really no reason to ever use this terrible weapon…

If 2-5 players are crowding around you’re still better off auto-attacking. If a player is low on health you’re better off auto-attacking. You’re always better off auto-attacking because, despite the large number, the actual DPS on #5 is kitten . It’s really bad. It just shows a big number because it’s a very slow channel.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

No. He’s right. Off hand axe in is completely useless. In PvP especially.

• OH Axe has…. #5 is supposed to be … Something… An AoE DPS skill I guess, but the damage is miserable. It has no burst (too slow) or sustained DPS (too low DPS in general).

I do want to remind you that Whirling Axe does deal 50% more damage in PvP.

Not that that makes it any good, mind you.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

Dual Axe=Kick. Complet useless offhand, worst warrior offhand in all gamemodes.

Agreed. It just shows a complete lack of knowledge and you bet their kitten they are x/x/30/30/x even if they link to prove they are Zerker.

or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

Using eviscerate is actually a DPS loss.

DPS alone won’t help you win in PvP.

Why on earth did you think this thread is PvP related?

The comment I replied to was PvP related. Please read more and qq less.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

ProxyDamage.9826

I do want to remind you that Whirling Axe does deal 50% more damage in PvP.

Not that that makes it any good, mind you.

Yeah, it’s still a gigantic pile of kitten though. Just 50% less so I guess.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Wrong, there are many situations where Axe offhand is useful. When 2-5 players are stacked together, or when a player is low on health and evis is on CD, or if you just want to build up adrenaline for Evis.

Your opinion is invalid.

No. He’s right. Off hand axe is completely useless. In PvP especially. Axes in general are pretty crap in PvP, but at least mainhand axe has damage going for it. Off hand has nothing. Literally nothing.

• Warhorn and Shield have defensive skills and utility. Shield has one of the best blocks in the game and a nice stun. Warhorn has condition removal, swiftness, a blast finisher and AoE Vigor and Weakness.
  • OH Mace has control (AoE knockdown) and damage (vuln stacking and decent damage on skills)
  • OH Sword has a mixture of some defense (block) and decent offense that mixes conditions and power damage (rip)
  • OH Axe has…. Nothing. Literally. Nothing. #4 is an incredibly slow melee attack with relatively mediocre damage. The only use of the skill is to get a lot of fury, which is only accomplished by hitting a lot of targets (useless in PvP). In PvE you already have perma fury so it’s trash as well. #5 is supposed to be … Something… An AoE DPS skill I guess, but the damage is miserable. It has no burst (too slow) or sustained DPS (too low DPS in general). Warrior has better AoE options, and even auto-attacks are better damage. So… There’s really no reason to ever use this terrible weapon…

If 2-5 players are crowding around you’re still better off auto-attacking. If a player is low on health you’re better off auto-attacking. You’re always better off auto-attacking because, despite the large number, the actual DPS on #5 is kitten . It’s really bad. It just shows a big number because it’s a very slow channel.

Can’t auto attack when target is dodging like a squirrell on crack, or even stealthed. Whirling axe comes in handy for this.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

Just because you find offhand axe useless, doesn’t mean everyone else does.

I’ve tried all the meta builds ham/bow, dual sword/bow even gs/rifle and none of them worked for me. Probably because I didn’t enjoy the playstyle.

Dual axes works for me because it fits well with my ADHD hack n slash type of playstyle.

If you don’t like it don’t use it. Just don’t try to convince us it’s useless, because it’s not.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

ProxyDamage.9826

Can’t auto attack when target is dodging like a squirrell on crack, or even stealthed. Whirling axe comes in handy for this.

Now you’re just outright lying.

How can Whirling Axe hit something an auto-attack can’t? The move is not unblockable or undodgeable. Anything your auto-attack will miss Whirling Axe will miss as well.

Just don’t try to convince us it’s useless, because it’s not.

How?

We’re not trying to convince you of anything. You are. You’re trying to convince us OH Axe is not utterly useless. We’re presenting evidence it is and asking for evidence that it isn’t… Where is it? What does OH Axe actually do to be worth the slot? What is OH Axe good for?

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Whirling axe has a larger AoE than than auto attack. So if your opponent keeps avoiding auto attack then WA has more chance to hit them, especially if they keep running to your backside. Same when target has stealthed, you have more chance to hit them with WA than AA.

Do you get it now? Or are you still having difficulty understanding?

(edited by hellsmachine.4085)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

Also has more hits per second than auto attack, so for chance to crit sigils or traits, it’s more likely to happen with this skill.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I think that…

• Axe chain need be more faster.
  • Axe #4 is useless.
  • Axe #5 is weak, thieves does much better with that.
  • Axe f1 could have his range scaling with adrenaline level.
  • Mace #1 (pulverize) need have faster cast time and animation.
  • Mace #3 need do more damage.
  • Mace #4 are weak, need buff.
  • Mace #5 could be replaced by Skull Crack (actual f1), stunning FOES for 2 seconds.
  • Mace f1 could be replaced for Tremor (actual #5), but scaling with adrenaline level knock downing foes for 1, 2 or 3 seconds.

These weapons need buff.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: corin.1298

corin.1298

In PvP Dualaxe is a Joke in WvsW they are just funny, loot to go.
And in PvE they´re rly rly weak. I don´t want to carry such a bad warrior through any dungeon/fractal.

I hate people like you.

This is guild wars 2, not world of warcraft.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

And in PvE they´re rly rly weak. I don´t want to carry such a bad warrior through any dungeon/fractal.

I hate people like you.

This is guild wars 2, not world of warcraft.

He’s free to kick anyone he chooses if he made the group. If someone is using offhand axe in a dungeon/fractal, that suggests an inexperienced player, which not someone you want when trying to complete dungeons as quickly/efficiently as possible.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

I see the community is against axe oh, which I understand, it needs a buff. As Konu suggested I have enough adrenaline build without axe oh with sharpened axes for eviscerate and it’s not a dps loss for me, because I’m not using berserker’s power. Im using mace oh again+switch for axe oh for certain bosses. It’s just easier for me to burst kite dodge bosses.

What kittenes me off is that 70% warriors are using GS+LB in fractals. Mostly autoattack with GS because its hard to fully land a 100b. Last time I saw 9k AP warrior using longbow all the time even in melee stacaking. He said it’s for fire fields….. Sadly I almost never see GS+axe/mace warriors in fractals, occasionally I do see GS+axe/warhon combo…

Ephemeral I agree with you, mostly axe/axe warriors are inexperienced and are using full axe whirl off CD at boss fights.

Oh and one more thing, axe oh ain’t useless in pvp. It’s scares the kitten out of them + it has 50% better damage for pvp, forcing them to panic and dodge while you can use eviscerate + guaranteed procing for whatever sigil you have.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Off-hand axe can you give a lot of sustainability. Just ask someone to put down a water field.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

DPS alone won’t help you win in PvP.

DPS don’t mean squat if you can’t land a hit.

Shiel>Stun and block
Sword >torment, a second burstskill and a block
Warhorn>conditionremove, AoE weakness/vigor and a blast finisher
Mace> Knochdown with rly high dps/casttime in meleerange and Vulnerability

All these weapon are much better. Even a mace is better in PvP/WvsW to interupt a stomp or rezz and so on.
Axe 5 is always way to weak. The only niche was the awesome healing capacity with the old food (no ICD).

Rly? Öh, yes u can. Just push the 1, axe 5 don´t hit if the target is dogding too.

Axe 1 radius is BIG, just try to use it without a target. Much better then Axe 5 to hit stealthed targets.

Only a dark field could make it usefull in teamfights. But whirl finishers are…meh.

(edited by Norjena.5172)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Off-hand axe can you give a lot of sustainability. Just ask someone to put down a water field.

This means we should all use a Hammer so we can Earthshaker the water fields in our dungeon groups!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

I think sword off hand is better. The sword 4 does a little less damage than the axe 4 and the block every 15sec on sword 5 is also really good.

Also im on my phone so i cbf formatting this priperly but to the poster like 2 above me. Ive found that axe 5 is actually pretty good to get people to use up their dodge or stealth skills so my eviscerate hits. But thats about it.

I think axe offhand needs a revamp.
Wth why only in spvp a5 does 50% more dmg???

(edited by Mattidore.3482)

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Pacer.6143

Pacer.6143

I think sword off hand is better. The sword 4 does a little less damage than the axe 4 and the block every 15sec on sword 5 is also really good.

Also im on my phone so i cbf formatting this priperly but to the poster like 2 above me. Ive found that axe 5 is actually pretty good to get people to use up their dodge or stealth skills so my eviscerate hits. But thats about it.

Ask Anet for this I don’t see why would be 50% more dps OP in PvE.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Off-hand axe would be good if adrenaline gain wasn’t bonkers. It hits 15 times in a 360 degree ark, plus a strong whirl finisher.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

This guy gets it.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

@ProxyDamage: Whatevs man in the time it took you to reply (10 hours?), I realized I just don’t care anymore. CBF….

Sorry! I was busying going to sleep, then having breakfast, etc… This is clearly more important.

But it’s nice to see that it took you 18 minutes to come up with a comeback (posted 20 minutes ago – I saw the original too btw and edited 2 minutes ago with the “time it took” jab). You “CBF” so much you spent 18 minutes thinking of a comeback… lol…

Whilst your personal life is very intriguing, please stick the the topic at hand and try to leave personal attacks out of it.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Your opinion is invalid.

Why would you use evis (other than to finish off a boss) and lose the 15% damage modifier from Berserker’s Power? And if you’re low on health, mace #5’s knockdown interrupting the enemies’ attack will do much more than using a skill that will have lower dps than just auto attacking.

THIS.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Manuelito.6081

I’ve tried all the meta builds ham/bow, dual sword/bow even gs/rifle and none of them worked for me. Probably because I didn’t enjoy the playstyle.

Dual axes works for me because it fits well with my ADHD hack n slash type of playstyle.

If you don’t like it don’t use it. Just don’t try to convince us it’s useless, because it’s not.

I am happy that it works for you, mate. However it is not nearly as useful/efficient as the Mace OH. This is objective.

Nothing wrong to state: “I know it sucks but I like it more than the Mace”.

Defending Axe OH as a valid alternative to Mace OH (or even Shield OH for that matter) is just misleading to new players and a waste of time for experienced players.
IMHO>

This is for PvE.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

hellsmachine.4085

I am happy that it works for you, mate. However it is not nearly as useful/efficient as the Mace OH. This is objective.

Defending Axe OH as a valid alternative to Mace OH (or even Shield OH for that matter) is just misleading to new players and a waste of time for experienced players.
IMHO>

This is for PvE.

I’ve been testing this out a lot lately. And whilst I’ll stand by my original statement and say offhand axe is fun and viable, I’ll agree that it is definitely not the most effective offhand weapon. Either sword and mace offhand need a nerf, or offhand axe needs a buff to be on par with the rest.

Though the people that say it’s useless are exaggerating.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

Offhand axe #5 skill is awesome if paired with the Berserker’s Power trait. Nothing comes close to it for refilling your adren faster than you can blink to get back to that 15% damage boost.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Manuelito.6081

IMHO>

This is for PvE.

I’ve been testing this out a lot lately. And whilst I’ll stand by my original statement and say offhand axe is fun and viable, I’ll agree that it is definitely not the most effective offhand weapon. Either sword and mace offhand need a nerf, or offhand axe needs a buff to be on par with the rest.

Though the people that say it’s useless are exaggerating.

Fair enough, mate.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Manuelito.6081

Offhand axe #5 skill is awesome if paired with the Berserker’s Power trait. Nothing comes close to it for refilling your adren faster than you can blink to get back to that 15% damage boost.

However, you lose DPS in recovering adrenaline, don’;t you? I personally very very rarely use the special attack for Axe (nor GS for that matter). It seems a loss for DPS for not much gain. IMHO>

[ROCK]
Desolation

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: BrutusW.8251

BrutusW.8251

i like to play axe/warhorn as main spec. anyone has a good build for this?

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Axe offhand is a good indication of a player who prefers to look cool over bringing something useful for the group. Which is a strong signal indicating “kick me, please.”. We all know the truth. You know the truth. It doesn’t bring anything apart from “oh I’m spinning yolo swag, swag”.

i like to play axe/warhorn as main spec. anyone has a good build for this?

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/83915-axemace-dps-build-for-dungeons-and-fractals-101513/

There isn’t anything special about warhorn that warrants using a unique build for it. Just use the pure axe build with another offhand that will let you get the benefit from the dual wielding trait, using warhorn for either the blast finisher or weakness/vigor then immediately swapping to mace or sword.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

However, you lose DPS in recovering adrenaline, don’;t you? I personally very very rarely use the special attack for Axe (nor GS for that matter). It seems a loss for DPS for not much gain. IMHO>

Not really because with #5 it takes a fraction of a second to fill up and once it’s up stop spinning and start auto attacking back with the +15%.

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Not really because with #5 it takes a fraction of a second to fill up and once it’s up stop spinning and start auto attacking back with the +15%.

Fraction of a second? In what kind of different dimension do you live in? Whirling axe hits 15 times over 3+ seconds. Thats HALF your adrenaline. Even with sharpened axes it would take 2 seconds (or 10 hits) granted you crit every hit.
Or are you talking about a trash fight? Where 3+ mobs are standing around? Well why bother using Evis in a trashfight? It is single target only, 2 chops on 3 mobs will already deal vastly more damage than a single evis. Sure you may find a scenario where the high attack frequency of whirling axe might be useful, but when comparing the “offensive offhand choice” mace > axe, period.
I mean sure, go for axe offhand if it pleases you. If you don’t like giving your best in a group, that can’t be helped I guess. However stop trying to impose these lies.

RIP game 2012-2014

Axe offhand > mace ?

in Warrior

Manuelito.6081

Fraction of a second? In what kind of different dimension do you live in? Whirling axe hits 15 times over 3+ seconds. Thats HALF your adrenaline. Even with sharpened axes it would take 2 seconds (or 10 hits) granted you crit every hit.
Or are you talking about a trash fight? Where 3+ mobs are standing around? Well why bother using Evis in a trashfight? It is single target only, 2 chops on 3 mobs will already deal vastly more damage than a single evis. Sure you may find a scenario where the high attack frequency of whirling axe might be useful, but when comparing the “offensive offhand choice” mace > axe, period.
I mean sure, go for axe offhand if it pleases you. If you don’t like giving your best in a group, that can’t be helped I guess. However stop trying to impose these lies.

Amen.

[ROCK]
Desolation