[BUG] Backbreaker (Hammer 5)

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Backbreaker (Hammer 5) Tooltip:

- 1 sec casttime
- 2 sec knockdown
- 30 sec cooldown

I’ve tested backbreaker on various mobs. Knockdown time seems to be 1 sec maximum. Mobs go down and stand up immidiately.

IMO the skill is useless in the current state due to high casttime + high cooldown.

Any1 else noticed?

teg

in Warrior

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

After using it in WvW I think it should have a slightly larger radius, so that I basically don’t have to hug the guy to have it land, and reduce the cast time.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

My problem with the skill is that it has literally no range. You have to be standing on top of your target to use it. And yes, as far as mobs go… they cheat. Mobs don’t follow the same rules that players are bound by in the game, which is kind of lame.

Let’s also bring into question the usefulness of hammer #4, which can be interrupted at the slightest breeze, but at least it has decent range. And then there is the self root while using it..

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

reducing the cast time to .50 would be much better, the range would be good too.

Id really like the #4 to be a .25 second cast time.

I have also noticed the shortness in PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Personally I find 4 worse. Cast time is horrid, range is horrid as well. In order to get several of the hammer skills to work, you kind of have to get one to land to hold them still while you cast the rest. So I typically start with F1 to 5 to 4, depending on the situation. But to hit someone moving with 4 or 5 is basically impossible. On top of classes that run blinds or good aegis builds with how slow hammer is, it’s basically I have to run off cause I simply cannot hit the opponent unless I get lucky and land a stun.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajea.4892

Ajea.4892

Personally, I think hammer is just fine. If you can’t find a way to work with what they’ve given you then reroll. It’s been known from the beginning that warriors weren’t going to be an easy class to play. I don’t think I’m the best out there but I do better then a fair amount of hammer warriors based on the fact that I don’t use the same rotation on everybody. And a tip for 4 is if you have adrenaline jump ahead of them and THEN use 4. If your running into a zerg or chasing the remnants of one then don’t attack the people closes to you, ESPECIALLY if your out of combat. If your running into a zerg then go straight to the middle and use 4, then F1 even farther to the back of the zerg because once your there it’s all squishys so just run in circles auto-attacking because its all squishys back there, if your zerg has any sense they wont attack the ones you’ve passed but will start attacking everyone you’ve just cc’d with f1. The people behind you will get mowed down eventually if only for the fact that their sitting in your zerg while CC’d. But all this is for WvW, in PvE you can generally just spam buttons lol. Hope this helps anyone in anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Personally, I think hammer is just fine. If you can’t find a way to work with what they’ve given you then reroll.

You’re wrong. Backbreaker is horrible, it has higher cooldown than the offhand Mace knockdown (which also is AOE and has miles upon miles of range!) and it doesn’t work in combination with Merciless Hammer (no ability really does because the Knockdowns are just too short for them to matter).

In short, stop being a suck-up and admit that there are problems. People like you are hurting the class immensely by defending everything.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Ajea.4892

No sir, you are wrong. If you want an easy class play a thief. You ruining the game by trying to make everything a cookie-cutter. Go play runescape if you want an easy warrior. And if mace is so much better then use it! Don’t whine about one weapon and then give praise to another. There’s many weapons under the skill tree, pick one that’s not “crap” and move on. Try a glasscannon rifle build you might like it.. But this is going off topic. Teg, personally I feel the hammer is fine, but if it doesn’t suit your taste due to the long CD’s and the hard CC’s then experiment with other weapons, we are a very versatile class.

(edited by Ajea.4892)

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

No sir, you are wrong. If you want an easy class play a thief.

What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

You ruining the game by trying to make everything a cookie-cutter. Go play runescape if you want an easy warrior.

What does this have to do with anything in this thread?

And if mace is so much better then use it! Don’t whine about one weapon and then give praise to another.There’s many weapons under the skill tree, pick one that’s not “crap” and move on. Try a glasscannon rifle build you might like it >.>

You’re talking about cookie-cutter builds being bad, and yet here you are praising the fact that some weapons are just plainly better than others? If you don’t want cookie-cutter builds around you should advocate equality amongst all the different weapon types.

TL, DR: You’re either lacking understanding on the issue or you’re a (bad) troll. For your sake, I’m hoping it is the latter.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Ajea.4892

It seems no matter how I respond to this I will be infracted lmao. In any case. You praised weapons, I used sarcasm. I said cookie-cutter builds were easy, you say they’re bad. This is my last post only because this topic has derailed, I could care less about infractions.

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

It seems no matter how I respond to this I will be infracted lmao. In any case. You praised weapons, I used sarcasm. I said cookie-cutter builds were easy, you say they’re bad. This is my last post only because this topic has derailed, I could care less about infractions.

You are failing to understand the point of the thread entirely. Good job on that. Even if all the skills on the hammer are fine (in your opinion) what is the harm in talking about ways to improve them? Just because something is good as it is now does not mean it can’t be improved upon.

I don’t get your reasoning at all. Hammer, even it was made better, is about as far from cookie cutter as you can get. If you want to talk about cookie cutter lets look at axe/axe or GS.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Hammer could use a buff for sure, I guess the devs are aware of it since they gave it a little tweak last month. in PVE it’s just worse than GS in most encounters

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Ajea.4892

Found the time to reply. Your putting words in my mouth. I never said hammer was cookie cutter. Your saying this thread is a discussion, well we’re discussing. Please don’t discuss what I’ve posted unless you understand it fully. Also it seems as if people want the warrior to be a lone-wolf but that is against what A-net had in mind. Thus it not being an easy class to play UNLESS your with supportive roles.

in Warrior

Oglaf.1074

Also it seems as if people want the warrior to be a lone-wolf but that is against what A-net had in mind.

Thus it not being an easy class to play UNLESS your with supportive roles.

Why do you keep bringing up these irrelevant points of yours that have nothing at all to do with the topic – which, last I checked, was about the Hammer and it’s faults?

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

No sir, you are wrong. If you want an easy class play a thief. You ruining the game by trying to make everything a cookie-cutter. Go play runescape if you want an easy warrior. And if mace is so much better then use it! Don’t whine about one weapon and then give praise to another. There’s many weapons under the skill tree, pick one that’s not “crap” and move on. Try a glasscannon rifle build you might like it.. But this is going off topic. Teg, personally I feel the hammer is fine, but if it doesn’t suit your taste due to the long CD’s and the hard CC’s then experiment with other weapons, we are a very versatile class.

Found the time to reply. Your putting words in my mouth. I never said hammer was cookie cutter. Your saying this thread is a discussion, well we’re discussing. Please don’t discuss what I’ve posted unless you understand it fully. Also it seems as if people want the warrior to be a lone-wolf but that is against what A-net had in mind. Thus it not being an easy class to play UNLESS your with supportive roles.

This topic is about hammer skills, a normal person would extrapolate from your vague post that you meant we some how wanted hammer to become cookie cutter, whatever that even means as far as the discussion is concerned. Especially in the very next sentence you say not to whine about “one weapon” while again being completely vague about that as swell. It’s not praise to point out why a weapon is not good compared to another.

I think my reading is fine. It’s you that need’s to explain your point of view better without going on rants that have nothing to do with the topic that is being discussed.

Anyways, on topic. Hammer #5. Either lower it’s cool down or extend it’s range to be further than it is, like, by a lot. Making it deal aoe damage would be an option, too.

There is no reason why it needs to be inferior to mace #5 in every single way that matters. And before anyone says it does more damage, no, it doesn’t. Tremor hit’s a target more than once, not to mention the 1200 range or that it can hit more than 1 target.

I don’t have a problem with it’s cast time because you can “pre cast” it. Meaning you can activate the skill while out of range of your target and as long as you are within range when it hits that is fine. And obviously you can move while doing that as well, so the cast time isn’t that big of a deal to me.

(edited by fellyn.5083)