Bannerless PS?

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Is. there any way that I can be a bannerless PVE Warrior and still provide utility through shouts instead. I can’t stand banners they’re so clunky they’re only up 75% of time any way and you can only carry one at a time yet you can drop tons of them?

I would like to propose a new feature for banners which would make them work more like Shaman totems used to work in WoW, have a recall button that puts them away so
that you can easily place them in a different location.

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Banners are unparalled in the amount of easy group wide offensive buffing they provide. There is no way around them if you are looking to be as efficient as possible in a group scenario.
Ranger spirits already are very close to the WoW totems you described. Not sure if they would want another set of skills to function exactly the same way.
My own idea has always been to allow warriors to carry one or even multiple banners on their back to make them fit a fast paced game such as GW2. That would not really fix the issue with banners and too much passive effect stacking in general of course. Would still make them less annoying to use, though.

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

Bummer, I guess I could just go bonkers with it
And drop 3 at a time.

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

You can do whatever you want in the open world. In raids or even fractals carrying banners with you is rarely an issue.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Banners are unparalled in the amount of easy group wide offensive buffing they provide. There is no way around them if you are looking to be as efficient as possible in a group scenario.
Ranger spirits already are very close to the WoW totems you described. Not sure if they would want another set of skills to function exactly the same way.
My own idea has always been to allow warriors to carry one or even multiple banners on their back to make them fit a fast paced game such as GW2. That would not really fix the issue with banners and too much passive effect stacking in general of course. Would still make them less annoying to use, though.

The spirits aren’t the best comparison. There is no option to move them, and you absolutely must use the GM trait to make them worthwhile. Banners are definitely the superior option of the two.

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

The spirits aren’t the best comparison. There is no option to move them, and you absolutely must use the GM trait to make them worthwhile. Banners are definitely the superior option of the two.

I was talking about the option to kill the spirits early to have a close to perfect reuse timing for the next wave or encounter. Something that sounds like his option to recall them whenever you want.
Where as you might get unlucky with the cooldowns on banners since you can not decide when to delete them even if you can actually carry them around with you.
If it is a decision between having banners or having spirits then you want banners for sure. I agree. It is not even close.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I was talking about the option to kill the spirits early to have a close to perfect reuse timing for the next wave or encounter. Something that sounds like his option to recall them whenever you want.
Where as you might get unlucky with the cooldowns on banners since you can not decide when to delete them even if you can actually carry them around with you.
If it is a decision between having banners or having spirits then you want banners for sure. I agree. It is not even close.

There’s no way to dismiss the banners? (haven’t messed around with them yet, very new to warrior).

Bannerless PS?

in Warrior

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

i remember one Arenanet dev saying in a stream that it must have been an oversight that the a trait for reduced bannercooldown and bigger radius is missing when they overhauled traitlines

but they never brought it back in even though the dev obviously showed that it was intended?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1