Banners and Idiots

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Wendigo.1470

Wendigo.1470

Has anyone had any luck with getting the idiots to stop grabbing your banner when you place it?

I know I’m expecting too much, but when there is a champion up, and there’s a mob trying to take him down, I will drop a banner to help out the team. EVERY mother loving TIME I do that, some fool will grab the banner and start running off with it, trying to whack the champion on the head with it, or maybe just blind him with the banner over his eyes.

I even had one last night start yelling at me because I turned his weapon into a banner.

I’ve given up on using them for now, until I can figure out what to do about this. If anyone asks, I just go all “Soup Nazi” on them and say, “NO BANNER FOR YOU”. It sucks, but why slot something that an idiot will make useless as fast as you use it?

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Option to “lockdown” our Banners, please!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Banners should always be on our back

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I don’t have a problem with people picking up my banner and using it to attack the mob i placed it down for, i mean they’re gimping themselves, but i’m still getting the buff of the banner, and if they’re having fun using it, i don’t mind..

What i DO hate however, is when i’m regen specced and some tosser comes up, picks my banner up and runs away with it, THAT gets on my nerves.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

Yes, its the ‘button factor’. People can’t help themselves from pushing buttons. In video games this translates into an irrepressible need to click all the clickables even if you don’t know what they do. i.e. the guy who suddenly was holding a banner and didn’t know why. heh. Its human nature and won’t get better. Thus, I too vote for some kind of fix to this on the Dev’s end. I like the idea of having the banner on our backs as Mesket mentioned.

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I won’t lie. I play banner warrior a lot, but when I’m in PvE and running around with my alts and I see a banner dropped to me this is a giant “pick me up for perma swiftness” sign on it and I always run off with it.

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

I won’t lie. I play banner warrior a lot, but when I’m in PvE and running around with my alts and I see a banner dropped to me this is a giant “pick me up for perma swiftness” sign on it and I always run off with it.

Aahahahaha, epic!

On topic, it’d be great if more people used Banners properly ie. pick it up, press buff or swiftness, plant in combofield or drop.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Yes, its the ‘button factor’. People can’t help themselves from pushing buttons. In video games this translates into an irrepressible need to click all the clickables even if you don’t know what they do. i.e. the guy who suddenly was holding a banner and didn’t know why. heh. Its human nature and won’t get better. Thus, I too vote for some kind of fix to this on the Dev’s end. I like the idea of having the banner on our backs as Mesket mentioned.

To be fair Anet made the same button do to many things.

A couple of solutions:

1) make it so you have to actually click on the banner for the “pick up” button to appear

2) make the “pick up” button a different color, so that people will know it’s different from the loot pick up at a quick glance

3) make it so only party members can pick banner’s up, or maybe even only the person who created it

Almost all of these can apply to picking up things vs reviving a player, too. We have 100+ buttons on our keyboards anet, let us use them.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Thing is, in wvwvw at least, it’s the same button as to pick up a lootbag. And due to the pace and the chance that you’ll die a horrible death or just run too far away and miss out on the (inferior) loot, you get used to hit ‘F’ as soon as the brownish-orange ‘Press F to…’ dialog appears. Without reading what it said or thinking about it. Brain goes “orange box! hit F!”.

99 times out of 100, it’s a lootbag, but every now and then i find myself wielding a banner. Or a flaming sword. I curse after the former and giggle while wielding the latter.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: YojimboJones.6243

YojimboJones.6243

in world pve and wvw, yes this is annoying. But in dungeons I always go out of my way to explain the finer points of banners to people. Alot of people dont’ know #5 is a blast finisher and once you tell them it is, you will see people going out of their way to pick it up and slam it down in water fields for a heal or fire fields for might.

As for educating the masses….good luck.

Yojimbo Jones: Norn Warrior
Niv Wizzet: Asura Engineer
[EMP] – Jade Quarry

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Monki.5012

Monki.5012

I do like Banners and I would use them too to use Blastcombos and buff my team, however I find it annoying if you want to loot stuff around your banner with F key and accidentaly pick up your own banner all the time.

Imo Warriors hould be the only one to pick them up and you need a additional key to pick them up (F2 for example)

The main Issue I have with banners is that they do not have a burst ability. The Trademark of a Warrior does not syngergise with our coreability which is kinda sad.

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Aahahahaha, epic!

On topic, it’d be great if more people used Banners properly ie. pick it up, press buff or swiftness, plant in combofield or drop.

I hope ya’ll dont mind, but in WvW when I see a banner I almost ALWAYS pick it up and use 1-2 of the buffs for the group then drop it again. Idk if this is the right thing to do (I’m an engi) but no one has yelled at me yet

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Beefcake.9032

Beefcake.9032

I hope ya’ll dont mind, but in WvW when I see a banner I almost ALWAYS pick it up and use 1-2 of the buffs for the group then drop it again. Idk if this is the right thing to do (I’m an engi) but no one has yelled at me yet

Like I said, that’s great! The banner doesn’t have an internal CD. If everybody did this, more people could profit from the banner’s effects.

Wrainbash, Asura Warrior of Kodasch Allianz [KoA]
Du spielst auf Kodasch? Besuche doch mal die Kodasch Community Webseite! :)

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: crow.2709

crow.2709

Truth be told – I’d say people do it mostly by mistake. The pick-up-banner message is the same color as the ‘search loot’ message and people do mash F button a lot in big fights. This is not only a warrior issue. My engineer had to learn to actually read those messages, because if you don’t watch out, you will pack your turret and put it on nasty cooldown (and thus gimp yourself removing your stationary little helper)

I like the idea of making the pick-up-something message of different color.

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Maybe if there was more than one button for search and talk and grab some meatshield’s banner, we wouldn’t have this issue.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

I was doing some solo PvE and map completion last night and had just placed my banner. Another random warrior runs up and grabs my banner, hits the swiftness, and runs off with the banner…

I could see picking it up to buff the party (or even yourself) and then placing it back down, but that was just ridiculous.

Banners and Idiots

in Warrior

Posted by: Robotukas.1673

Robotukas.1673

Arenanet always think that here play all honest players and with brains. After many years experience for making games, they still believe that all players honest and nice. So they made that everyone can use other buff without reason or question if I can take banner. And also is very strange, why they in heads still have limitless knowledge about players and playing style.