Battle Frenzy: New Trait Ideas!

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Go ahead and nerf our healing skills, however make up for it by giving us what other classes have via traits. You know, like other classes have!

Battle Frenzy (Arms or Defense.)
Heals per strike of adrenaline.
125 (0.045 Healing Power)

Evasive Bursts (Discipline.)
Burst skills Evade.
2 s (Evade all attacks.)

Shield Mastery (Defense.)
Gain +90 toughness while using a shield. Shield skills recharge 20% faster. Gain Protection for 3 seconds after using a shield skill.

Thick Skin (Defense.)
Reduces all damage taken by 5% by all sources. (Seriously, its worthless right now, or give us perma-vigor like other classes!)

Spiked Armor
Gain 5 seconds of retaliation and protection when struck by a critical hit. Cannot trigger more than once every 15 seconds.

Healing Surge (Healing Skill.)
Heal yourself and regain all adrenaline. Gain protection based on your current adrenaline level.
Heal: 8820 (1.50)?
Stage 0: Protection: 1 s
Stage 1: Protection: 2 s
Stage 2: Protection: 3 s
Stage 3: Protection: 4 s
Adrenaline: 30

You know what is hilarious? Most classes compare our HEALING Skills to simple traits and CLASS passives.. OMG! MY VIRTUE OF RESOLVE DOESN’T HEAL AS MUCH AS HEALING SIGNET MUST BE OP.

We give up all our burst healing for passive healing, however many don’t even know how to use poison or anything to counter it, just make a post on the forums…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Axtozob.4597

Axtozob.4597

Guardian v2, mkay.

Warriors are here to burst the kitten out of people, not gaining Protection, Evade, Damage reduce, etc…

The Warrior is fine atm, just a bit too much flat HP regen on the Signet without any HP. They should increase the base heal, decrease the base regen so you can’t have 400HP/s with 0 HP.
With Adrenal Health and Regeneration, it’s too much, especially when you are running a kitten ton of Armor and anti condition (Warhorn, shouts, Berserker stance, Adrenal health…)

Oh wait, I fed him !

in Warrior

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Yeah warriors aren’t tough enough, we need permanent protection.. LOL

Man Daecollo I like that you are dedicated to the class and want to improve it, but come up with stuff that actually has a chance of being accepted?

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

While there are a lot of useless or bad sugestion mad eby Daecollo, I read his post and those doesn’t seem too bad.

Battle Frenzy actualy sounds balanced at first but it think could be toned down a bit, 125 doesn’t sounds a lot but (30×125)x2 is a lot when you can build adrenaline very fast with the Furious grandmaster trait. On the other hand, it would synergise very well with that same trait and others like Cleansing Ire, Healing Surge, Signet of Precision, Berserker Stance, Adrenal Shouts, etc.

I find the Shield Mastery idea ok, you get 3sec of protection after a shield bash and shield stance wich could definitly give the Warrior some extra sustain with shield without making it OP.

Healing surge is fine, it doesn’t need protection…

Thick Skin can also definitly get help and the 5% damage reduction wouldn’t be OP in any ways.

Finaly, if spiked armor get protection with retaliation, its cooldown should at least be increased by 5-10sec. But I personnaly don’t think that trait is worth to be a Grandmaster trait anyways and should be completely redesigned.

Evasive Burst is a bad and disbalanced idea. Warriors burst skills don’t have the same activation time and neither serve the same purpose. What is the point of evasion with Hammer or Mace? Flurry would become OP compared to Bluried Frenzy, and I already find that skill way too powefull on the Mesmer. Not to mention god mode Killshots…

in Warrior

Posted by: Axtozob.4597

Axtozob.4597

Battle frenzy = Adrenal health, it doesn’t sound good, it’s a doublon…

“Go ahead and nerf our healing skills, however make up for it by giving us what other classes have via traits. You know, like other classes have!”

He knows we do not need any defensive traits because we already have some awesome kitten. He just made this post to QQ about the QQ. He is trolling, as usual !

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Yeah, warrior is so lack of thing, need more. Need to be “all-in-one” class.

Add this new utilities:
Clone warrios: summon 3 clones to fight with you, all with hammers, 26k+ health and healing signet.
The ninja warrior: stealth for 20sec, recover all your adrenaline, health and reset every CD (even rewards CD, dungeons, daily and month events).
Warrior’s best friend: summon a champion pet to help in battle, you can sacrifice him to get the loot. You can ride him too for 50% movement speed and new set of siege abilities like golems.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Well, at least you gave up on having Spiked armor provide 10s of Protection on a 15s cooldown.

Other than that:

• Your Battle Frenzy is too strong for a passive trait. It would make Axe/Axe able to recover up to an additional 9,375 hp every 30 seconds, which you might recognize is bloody close to a full Healing Surge.
  • I think that Evasive Bursts is also a bit too powerful, as it would negate the effect of interrupts on our burst skills, effectively making the telegraph on Earthshaker disappear, not to mention beefing up Kill Shot.
  • Your suggest upgrade to Shield Mastery sounds like it would provide X/Shield sets with a crapton of survivability, which I am not sure is necessary. Also note that your lovechild the Guardian has 5 seconds of Protection on a 30s cooldown which is much less than your proposed idea.
  • A big no on your Thick Skin. Condition damage should not be reducible. Dumb idea. Also what the hell is your obsession with traits identical to other classes?
  • And finally, your Healing Surge is way OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

^
Looks like he made your Axe off-hand viable finally.

Anyways, sure people do complain about Warrior sustain, but a simple nerf to its stun breaks would be suffice so that focus fire via chain CC becomes less tedious.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

^
Looks like he made your Axe off-hand viable finally.

Anyways, sure people do complain about Warrior sustain, but a simple nerf to its stun breaks would be suffice so that focus fire via chain CC becomes less tedious.

Oh but I actually like using Axe offhand already.

And besides, adding a trait like that would make using Whirling Axe feel… dirty. Kinda like I was cheating.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Battle Frenzy (Arms or Defense.)
Heals per strike of adrenaline.
125 (0.045 Healing Power)

I liked this concept (in fact I championed it for a while) as a REPLACEMENT to Adrenal Health, or as an ALTERNATE to the badly needed Healing buffs warriors got.

But combined with Adrenal Health and the Buffed Heals? Sounds overpowered.

Evasive Bursts (Discipline.)
Burst skills Evade.
2 s (Evade all attacks.)

Okay, I kind of actually like this idea, though 2s might be sorta powerful, especially if you’re a Disc Burst Spamming Build with a 7s cooldown. Maybe 0.75 seconds of evade frames DURING the animation of Melee based bursts, like evis, flurry, etc

Shield Mastery (Defense.)
Gain +90 toughness while using a shield. Shield skills recharge 20% faster. Gain Protection for 3 seconds after using a shield skill.

Not a bad idea, but I’d rather see block reflect rolled into shield master. Neither is likely to happen really.

Thick Skin (Defense.)
Reduces all damage taken by 5% by all sources. (Seriously, its worthless right now, or give us perma-vigor like other classes!)

Yeah Thick Skin is fairly useless right now. A static 5% damage decrease might work. I like my own idea I previously posted, where it adds more toughness, as your health goes down. (ie +30 toughness at 90% health, +60 toughness at 80%).

Spiked Armor
Gain 5 seconds of retaliation and protection when struck by a critical hit. Cannot trigger more than once every 15 seconds.

Huh. This is the first REASONABLE suggestion I’ve seen you make regarding Spiked Armor. Ya know, one that doesn’t involve 97% uptime on protection.

On a side note, I’d personally rather see it changed to a chance when struck (~25%?), instead of on critical hits, so it’s more consistent.

Healing Surge (Healing Skill.)
Heal yourself and regain all adrenaline. Gain protection based on your current adrenaline level.
Heal: 8820 (1.50)?
Stage 0: Protection: 1 s
Stage 1: Protection: 2 s
Stage 2: Protection: 3 s
Stage 3: Protection: 4 s
Adrenaline: 30

I don’t think Warriors really need protection anymore. We’ve always had alternate survival tools, the only thing that was really hurting us was the lack of long term sustain. Protection would have solved that then (effectively swaying things by 33% x uptime %) but thats no longer needed.

You know what is hilarious? Most classes compare our HEALING Skills to simple traits and CLASS passives.. OMG! MY VIRTUE OF RESOLVE DOESN’T HEAL AS MUCH AS HEALING SIGNET MUST BE OP.

Despite a few isolated (but very noisy) people complaining about Healing Signet, I dont see any QQ about it.

Props to the devs on that major warrior path a few months back, all 3 of our heals are in a great state: Useful, Unique, and Balanced. I dont see a need to change any of them anytime soon.