Berserker Changes for BWE3

in Warrior

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Signet of Fury costs you 8% crit chance. Giving that up means you’re now back to Arms being the better choice. You damage already gets kitten outside of Berserk, losing 8% more crit chance just lowers it by another 5%. The only way it makes sense is using Head Butt, especially since activating Head butt is a huge dps increase. 2.25 coefficient with a 1/2 second cast time is no joke.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Tipper.6973

Tipper.6973

These changes are good, but I still think we need two main things to happen before Berserker is viable.

- Baseline Fast Hands. This should be an acknowledged profession mechanic, honestly. A perk to playing Warrior, the master of weapons. We rely on weapon swapping more than any other class, and as a result of this the Discipline tree is basically mandatory in solo & pvp content. This severely limits build options for players wanting to try Berserker.

- Phalanx Strength moved from Tactics to Strength. Right now, if you are a warrior who wants to do group pve content, you are required to take both Strength and Tactics. This cripples build diversity and group eligibility. Berserker is very unlikely to see play because of this, and if it does somehow see play over Arms (for example) you are still extremely restricted in what you can do with the class because your other two traitlines are locked in already.

Warriors have been calling for these changes for a very long time. I think it would make the class a lot more dynamic and open up many new options that are currently underutilized, as well as making the Berserker much more viable. Just buffing the crap out of everything in the Berserker’s toolkit is not a proper fix. Correct the underlying problems, ANet!

in Warrior

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Humm.. even if the new primal burst are looking good it’s difficult actually to take berserker over a other trait line. Arms seems to be better and defense,discipline are mandatory. Still some others tweeks after BWE3 i think for being a good option to consider over one of those trait lines.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

- Phalanx Strength moved from Tactics to Strength. Right now, if you are a warrior who wants to do group pve content, you are required to take both Strength and Tactics. This cripples build diversity and group eligibility. Berserker is very unlikely to see play because of this, and if it does somehow see play over Arms (for example) you are still extremely restricted in what you can do with the class because your other two traitlines are locked in already.

If you move PS to grandmaster Strength then you can’t take Berserker’s Power and we are back to poop tier DPS.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Kesmai.8527

Kesmai.8527

The Berserker GM trait line needs a bit more love for Power Builds. What about Bloody Roar giving % damage for X seconds after taunting the target….or something like % damage while under the effect of Fury.

(edited by Kesmai.8527)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cheby Shev.4671

Cheby Shev.4671

If you move PS to grandmaster Strength then you can’t take Berserker’s Power and we are back to poop tier DPS.

Just a thought, move BP to the Berserker GM trait, there’s your foregone conclusion.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

• Scorched Earth – Updated to be a rectangular area of effect. Adjusted arrow flight type to more closely match ground AoE.

Replacing the former line of AoE circles with a (larger?) rectangle doesn’t seem like it will solve all of the underlying issues with this skill.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

These seem like good changes – But I don’t think they fix the underlying problem:

Berserker’s special mechanic is not only gated behind a cooldown, it’s ALSO gated behind a cost.

I don’t think any of the other elite specs do this at all – this would be like telling Dragonhunters that their virtues only change to active effects every 15s, or a Chronomancer only can access continuum split after having 3 clones up without them dying for 5s, or a Daredevil’s dodges only swap to the new ones for a limited time after a Steal.

This just leaves Berserker is this lame place where you only feel significantly different as an Elite Specialization half the time, because the other half you’re literally just a Warrior with the exact same loadout (especially with the problem in PvP where stances are nigh-compulsory so you barely swap out utilities).

Personally I’m also really not a fan of how Berserker is “more of the same Warrior thing in a mildly different flavour” – I was under the impression that Elite Specs were supposed to offer a new playstyle to the class (see: Dragonhunter providing a ranged camping build to Guards) but I suppose it’s too late to change this now. It was so disappointing when the new bursts were detailed on the livestream and every single one of them essentially served the same roles as the old ones.

(Also lol @ hyping up the warrior 10s Stunbreak then giving thief an objectively better stunbreak+block+knockdown on the same cooldown during the beta. Pls give Outrage a 1-2s Resistance so it’ll break you out of immobilize too to differentiate it from Bandit’s Defense – it’s alright because the warrior would still have to dodge what’s coming next anyway)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Nightmare Of Zg.6059

My gripe with berserker is that it’s basicly warrior 1.5, rage skills are thematicaly almost the same as physical skills (leap will miss 90% of the time when verticality is involved, stunbreak that wont fix being cc chained or immobilized, clunky reflect, wild blow can be fun to use if you are not blocked/blinded and then there is headbutt, no complaints here), berserk is a small attack speed increase that doesn’t make me feel that much better or different that before other than making me glow like a bloody lamppost, primal bursts outside of a few exceptions are almost the same as regular bursts.
Torch gives you the opportunity to apply burns in melee which you were already doing on a longbow.

Overall, in my eyes it’s not a useless spec, it might find use in some niche builds, but as it stands, compared to other specs it feels incredibly boring and unimaginative. It’s more of the exact same warrior, exact same playstyle that we had aviable for 3 years. We don’t get a big scythe to flail around, we don’t get drones that do work for us at range, we don’t get to evade all over the place with added effects, no riding boulders or spinning up tornadoes, no time travel, adding missing decent ranged option? (couldn’t come up with anything for dragon hunter, not liking this one too much either :P). We just get angry, we get angry and do more of the exact same we were doing. Primal bursts are not a new mechanic, it’s just new bursts skills with different name and lower cd. Berserk is not a new mechanic, it’s an attack speed increase much like one we get from a trait in arms.

TLDR: Berserker feels more like a new CORE spec rather than elite

in Warrior

Kesmai.8527

I would love to see goin into Berserker, having your weapon skills change to something else…similar to what Reaper does when entering Reaper Shroud. It could be anything from punching things with your bear hands, to summoning a flaming weapon (Greataxe maybe?). Right now, going into Berserker just adds Primal Bursts almost identical to normal Burst Skills and some passive bonuses that bring almost nothing new to the profession in general.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

I would love to see goin into Berserker, having your weapon skills change to something else…similar to what Reaper does when entering Reaper Shroud. It could be anything from punching things with your bear hands,

…Rampage…already exists.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Kesmai.8527

I would love to see goin into Berserker, having your weapon skills change to something else…similar to what Reaper does when entering Reaper Shroud. It could be anything from punching things with your bear hands,

…Rampage…already exists.

It doesn’t have to be like Rampage per se. Im talking about the general concept of weapon skills changing to something else while in “Berserker mode”, similar to Necros and their Shroud.

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

…Rampage…already exists.

I suppose he’s just echoing the sentiment that Berserker doesn’t change nearly enough about the class to merit it being hyped as an Elite Spec.

in Warrior

Kesmai.8527

…Rampage…already exists.

I suppose he’s just echoing the sentiment that Berserker doesn’t change nearly enough about the class to merit it being hyped as an Elite Spec.

Exactly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I pseudo agree.

I disagree in that Berserker seems to bring more condition dmg to the class, and with the new changes and some future fixes I can see that condition dmg could be a thing to consider.

But I agree in that the main feature, becoming a berserker, still seems (because until I play the next beta I cant really know) like more of the same, with little buffs that really don’t change the way you play. Its not like when you see a reaper, that you know that you should play different if you use it or you fight against it.

Edit: For example: A theme that could fit the berserker modeis if it becomes stronger the more it fights / hits things.

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in Warrior

Posted by: Robert Gee

Previous

Robert Gee

Game Designer

Next

Berserker’s special mechanic is not only gated behind a cooldown, it’s ALSO gated behind a cost.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having cost and cooldown to some mechanics.

• Revenant has cost and cooldown on several utilities.
  • Chronomancer has to spend illusions to use F5 effectively.
  • Reaper spends lifeforce while using F1.
  • Core warrior burst skills cost adrenaline and have a cooldown.

All of these skills have both cooldown and a secondary resource cost as part of their functionality.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brawl.5178

Brawl.5178

I actually made a post about changing each weapons set of skills into something different while in berserk mode, along with a few other suggestions. Check it out!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Quick-Berserker-Spec-Thoughts/first#post5484208

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Mulling.8421

Mulling.8421

Suggestion:

Since warriors depend a LOT on getting fast hands, i would suggest to make Fatal Frenzy recharge the cooldown on your weapon swap and also remove the quickness since it doesn’t matter at all. For exemple:

Fatal Frenzy: Upon entering on berserk mode recharge the cooldown on weapon swap by 75%. (20s ICD)

in Warrior

Brawl.5178

Just some thoughts and opinions real quick.

Engineer got a melee bruiser spec as their elite, thief got a melee survival style spec, guards got a ranged spec, necros got a melee bruiser spec, elementalists got a melee bruiser elite and mesmers got mediums range area control. In some way or another these specs are offering a unique new playstyle to each class that wasnt there before.

So my question would be, with all these classes getting BETTER at being in melee battle, how is the warrior going to compare with a spec that does not offer a unique new playstyle? Rage utilities are just physicals that add adrenaline. The berserker bar is literally just a continuous adrenaline bar. The berserker f1 bursts are 90 percent the same skills. They look different but have the same outcome. the traits are basically just effects for entering berserk and more direct damage modifiers. I mean not even the weapon skills while berserk get any changes?

The condition spec? anyone that tried it knows it offers weak pressure and laughable durations that it cannot be taken seriously.

The Forums were LOADED with amazing ideas and suggestions and they still are. It seems like the good ideas never make it to consideration.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having cost and cooldown to some mechanics.

• Revenant has cost and cooldown on several utilities.
  • Chronomancer has to spend illusions to use F5 effectively.
  • Reaper spends lifeforce while using F1.
  • Core warrior burst skills cost adrenaline and have a cooldown.

All of these skills have both cooldown and a secondary resource cost as part of their functionality.

Opinions on the spec aside, I’m glad that you’re still reading the feedback being presented in this thread. Thanks for paying attention!

I feel that you’ve missed the point a little, it’s ok for some mechanics to have both a cost and cooldown, but this is the defining mechanic of the specialization.

• Revenant’s comparison is unfair. First of all rev’s utilities are all insanely low CD (if any! Some don’t even have CDs) with the only exception being Glint’s because they have strong passive effects already and you can’t let them recharge too fast. Second of all a more apt comparison would be if swapping Legends required energy instead of recharging it.
  • Continuum Split might need clones to be more effective but it’s always there should you need an emergency activation because iPersona is baseline.
  • Reaper doesn’t have anything else to spend their Life Force on
  • Warrior used to have the exact same argument as reaper, but hey this is what’s changing with the spec, yeah?

Basically the core issues I’ve experienced over the beta were that:

• Berk form wasn’t easy to access, and it was trying to do too many things at once on activation despite this. Sure neat I can trait it to be a stun break. Oh, but I’ll need max adrenaline to use it that way. So I guess I’ll just not use my Burst skill integral to my build to save it for an opportune time? (Same goes for everything else Berk form can do on use)
  • Berk form wasn’t different enough to merit feeling hype entering it past the activation effects. It’s just a few more passive effects for the warrior and mildly different burst skills, which functionally only add up to a single skill at any point in time. Being in Berk form felt disappointing.

On a side note, I sincerely hope the next warrior spec isn’t “Dumbed down for your Warrior pleasure”. Specializations unlock at level 80 and assume you’ve done enough content to unlock them properly, I’m sure endgame warriors don’t mind having more complex mechanics if it meant improved efficacy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

[from a PvP and WvW Roaming Perspective]

When I first saw the elite specialization, I was a disappointed. When I tried it, I only spent a couple of hours on it, because I couldn’t make it work efficiently. There are many issues with the current warrior, the combination of which making the class perform poorly against skilled opponents. I hoped that the Berserker Specialization would help fight them, but it did not.

We have a mobility problem now. I didn’t think that the nerf of movement skills would hurt that bad, but it did. I cannot catch up to a staff mesmer anymore when wielding a single GS. When you add no teleport, no stealth, mediocre ranged options to the equation, then you get the most kitable class of all.

Being kitable is the fate of the warrior, I get that. But now, we’ve become excessingly kitable. If you cannot hit your opponents, you don’t build adrenaline, and don’t really use your burst skills. If you can be easily targeted, then you become vulnerable to bursts. Physical bursts are somehow manageable with Endure Pain and blocks, I guess (altough more blinds would be welcome). But steath/teleport condi-bombs are not. Using the Berserker Stance is working only against players that don’t monitor your buffs. The Healing Signet is good, but we need more access to Resistance.

The Discipline line has always been necessary to the warrior, it’s not a nice-to-have. Fast Hands helps us supplement the warrior’s mechanics. Without it, your rotations would be so slow you wouldn’t be able hit enough to use your core mechanics, or prepare your bursts decently. Brawler’s Recovery helps you alleviate the pressure of conditions; but it’s poor. How to hit when a mesmer can simply F1-F4 and blind you, even if you have stunned him, to prevent your burst? Versatile Rage gives you adrenaline at weapon swap. This is probably the most significant component in our adrenaline building. And note that many rotations can/should use burst skills even with less than 3 bars filled.

In short, to be usable, in my honest opinion, the Berserker Specialization should at least bring an access to Resistance, and Rage/Torch skills should also provide one block, one gap closer, and one blind. And of course, you still have the problem/opportunity of making Fast Hands and Embrace the Pain baseline.

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

And of course, you still have the problem/opportunity of making Fast Hands and Embrace the Pain baseline.

This so much. Warrior’s weapon skills have always been designed to be painfully 1-dimensional because they have to take into account the 5s Weaponswap. Every good build involves a cross-weapon combo in some form.

Embrace the pain being part of Cleansing Ire is really detrimental to the class as a whole too and I’ve always felt pigeonholed Warriors into picking Defense anyway even if they don’t particularly need the condi cleanse. Making it baseline would also lessen how Cleansing Ire is so clearly over-budgeted for a trait.

in Warrior

Brawl.5178

Even as it is right now there is no variations between builds. Everytime you see a warrior it’s strength/discipline/ defense. Without baseline fast hands I can’t even see the berserker elite spec being used at all considering what has to be given up for it to fit it in. Let’s say you do drop strength or defense, the spot would most likely go to arms since it adds more damage and utility than current berserker traits.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

First, lots of warriors don’t take cleansing ire, the adrenaline build up is made up for with adrenaline on weapon swap. FH is much more needed than that trait.

Second, can a dev please expand on gun flame? Can you elaborate on the absolute best case scenario? If everything goes right what is the maximum targets I can hit?

in Warrior

Previous

Robert Gee

Game Designer

Next

I feel that you’ve missed the point a little, it’s ok for some mechanics to have both a cost and cooldown, but this is the defining mechanic of the specialization.

The fact that its the defining mechanic of the specialization didn’t really have any bearing on the decision to make this skill have the costs it does. The adrenaline cost is there to require a build up and the recharge is there to provide some downtime.

Second, can a dev please expand on gun flame? Can you elaborate on the absolute best case scenario? If everything goes right what is the maximum targets I can hit?

The explosion hits 5 targets. If you don’t have the piercing trait you get 5 maximum targets. If you do have the trait it will hit 5 targets from the initial explosion plus 4 more from the piercing bullet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

The explosion hits 5 targets. If you don’t have the piercing trait you get 5 maximum targets. If you do have the trait it will hit 5 targets from the initial explosion plus 4 more from the piercing bullet.

Excellent. Thanks for the info! Rifle gets substantially better to use while in Berserk now!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

The fact that its the defining mechanic of the specialization didn’t really have any bearing on the decision to make this skill have the costs it does. The adrenaline cost is there to require a build up and the recharge is there to provide some downtime.

Awesome! I’m so glad to hear this, thought it could only hit 5 people even with piercing. Thank you for the info and for making it still able to hit lots of targets. Thought it had been nerfed to the ground

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

Awesome! I’m so glad to hear this, thought it could only hit 5 people even with piercing. Thank you for the info and for making it still able to hit lots of targets. Thought it had been nerfed to the ground

A shot that gets reflected by an ambient wall of reflection hits no one.

A shot that hits 1 target at least by moving your position just a bit is better.

Especially when the first hit explodes.

This current rendition is a more ‘consistent’ threat rather than overpowered in some instances while negligible in others.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Hey Robert, one thing I was curious about was Sundering Leap, mainly that it seems to be a bit strong when compared to another skill, namely On My Mark. SL is a Leap finisher, damage, 10 Vuln for 6s, 6s Cripple, gives you 5 Adrenaline, and has a 25s CD (with no CD trait, but that’s totally fine, Rage skills have low CD by default) and all that’s in a decent AoE. Meanwhile OMM is a Shout with a 30s base CD (24s traited) that puts 10 Vuln on one target at 1200 Range for 10s, and that’s it. Is this something that could potentially cause OMM to be buffed (More Vuln and/or AoE effect?), would SL get nerfed, or working as intended? Mainly figuring that there’s no reason I’d take OMM while SL was an option to put on my bar.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Do you not see the warrior being godlike in WvW? For example, the hammer doing massive aoe damage (I don’t understand why it got such a massive dps buff) aoe immobilization, and blast finisher. But on top of that, after a certain point in the fight, the zerker burst will be spammable when enemies start dying. Constant stability uptime, no need to worry about dying.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in Warrior

Previous

Robert Gee

Game Designer

Hey Robert, one thing I was curious about was Sundering Leap, mainly that it seems to be a bit strong when compared to another skill, namely On My Mark. SL is a Leap finisher, damage, 10 Vuln for 6s, 6s Cripple, gives you 5 Adrenaline, and has a 25s CD (with no CD trait, but that’s totally fine, Rage skills have low CD by default) and all that’s in a decent AoE. Meanwhile OMM is a Shout with a 30s base CD (24s traited) that puts 10 Vuln on one target at 1200 Range for 10s, and that’s it. Is this something that could potentially cause OMM to be buffed (More Vuln and/or AoE effect?), would SL get nerfed, or working as intended? Mainly figuring that there’s no reason I’d take OMM while SL was an option to put on my bar.

This is a fair concern. With the previous round of testing we felt that Sundering Leap wasn’t offering enough for a skill that put you into the middle of a fight so we buffed it accordingly. It’s always possible that we went too far though and I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays in the next BWE. I think OMM still has a place in some builds though. The fact that its a shout gives it a place in builds running Vigorous Shouts. Additionally unlike Sundering Leap it’s also unblockable and instant so you can use in in the middle of other attacks without interrupting your flow.

Please let me know how you feel about this skill after the next BWE!

in Warrior

Mulling.8421

This is a fair concern. With the previous round of testing we felt that Sundering Leap wasn’t offering enough for a skill that put you into the middle of a fight so we buffed it accordingly. It’s always possible that we went too far though and I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays in the next BWE. I think OMM still has a place in some builds though. The fact that its a shout gives it a place in builds running Vigorous Shouts. Additionally unlike Sundering Leap it’s also unblockable and instant so you can use in in the middle of other attacks without interrupting your flow.

Why on my mark don’t apply revealed ? Makes total sense you are marking someone so they can’t stealth. Because nobody uses OMM, 10 vulnerability is pathetic, and there’s other classes that can apply vulnerability way better than warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Why on my mark don’t apply revealed ? Makes total sense you are marking someone so they can’t stealth. Because nobody uses OMM, 10 vulnerability is pathetic, and there’s other classes that can apply vulnerability way better than warrior.

It has started.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Arcing Sear: This skill has been replaced with Arc Divider. Arc Divider creates a 450 range shockwave that damages up to 5 foes it hits. This skill deals 75% more damage to foes below 50% health.

So, will this skill still apply burning or direct damage only? If it no longer applies burning, I’d be pretty disappointed at the lost synergy for a Berserker Phalanx GS build like this. Oh well.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

Arcing Sear: This skill has been replaced with Arc Divider. Arc Divider creates a 450 range shockwave that damages up to 5 foes it hits. This skill deals 75% more damage to foes below 50% health.

So, will this skill still apply burning or direct damage only? If it no longer applies burning, I’d be pretty disappointed at the lost synergy for a Berserker Phalanx GS build like this. Oh well.

I’m not sure why you’d think that build would get worse with the change? What loss do you see there that isn’t made up for by the direct damage buff?

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Brawl.5178

With the introduction of the torch, and the fact a primary function of a torch is to light a path, I was really hoping for the torch to have some reveal functionality. For example the number 5 skill, perhaps cause reveal to anyone that comes in your field?

I feel it would make sense since the area around the warrior would be lit up, revealing the area.

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m not sure why you’d think that build would get worse with the change? What loss do you see there that isn’t made up for by the direct damage buff?

The inability to apply burning to take advantage of the 900 odd condition damage you’d have? Just seems like a bit more fun than only direct damage.

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

I have more fun when I do more damage, so I like the change.

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

Hi Robert.

You’re doing a great job in the Elite Specs you’re working on. They all look great.
Would you consider changing “Bloody Roar” GM Trait to something more direct damage focused? I ask this because we already have a GM trait focused around damaging conditions (King of Fires).

For example:

Bloody Roar: When you enter Berserker Mode, you apply Taunt (1,5 Sec), Weakness (5 Sec) and Vulnerability (10 Vulnerability, 10 Sec) to nearby foes (300 Radius).

What do you think?

Proud Member Of:

Guild – Heróis Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

(edited by Rexx.1805)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

With the introduction of the torch, and the fact a primary function of a torch is to light a path, I was really hoping for the torch to have some reveal functionality. For example the number 5 skill, perhaps cause reveal to anyone that comes in your field?

I feel it would make sense since the area around the warrior would be lit up, revealing the area.

It continues.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Warrior

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Why cant we enter berserkmode without the need of adrenaline?

It already have a cooldown
Berserker mode have traits that trigger while entering berserkmode.. Those are now pretty bad designed because entering berserkmode is behind the need of 30 adrenaline.
Other classes dont even need to build something to get the elite spec stuff.. Like thief gets a free extra dodge and just maby get the dodgr stuuf for free without the need of a trait.

At the moment i still think it cost a full trailine just to get an f2 that only gives me weaker burst skills on a time gated./ even more adrenaline cost concept compared to the core specs.. Sure it cost less adrenaline while your in berserkmode.. But its for 15 sec.. In all tgat time i can just pull off the same amount of burst skills with core compared to elite.

Just make f2 a no adrenaline cost berserkmode.. (maby remove the adrenaline also while entering ofc). Make it usefull when you NEED it.. Now you always activate it because yeahbyou spend a traitline on it so why not activate it.. It still doesnt feels right.

in Warrior

Mulling.8421

Berserker mode have traits that trigger while entering berserkmode.. Those are now pretty bad designed because entering berserkmode is behind the need of 30 adrenaline.
Other classes dont even need to build something to get the elite spec stuff.. Like thief gets a free extra dodge and just maby get the dodgr stuuf for free without the need of a trait.

At the moment i still think it cost a full trailine just to get an f2 that only gives me weaker burst skills on a time gated./ even more adrenaline cost concept compared to the core specs.. Sure it cost less adrenaline while your in berserkmode.. But its for 15 sec.. In all tgat time i can just pull off the same amount of burst skills with core compared to elite.

Just make f2 a no adrenaline cost berserkmode.. (maby remove the adrenaline also while entering ofc). Make it usefull when you NEED it.. Now you always activate it because yeahbyou spend a traitline on it so why not activate it.. It still doesnt feels right.

I think the adrenaline cost is fine, it adds more player skill in order to get berserk mode to work, not just press a button and get everything and there is a lot of skills on warrior that give 30 adrenaline points + rage skills also give adrenaline.

One thing that might be cool is if you can activate berserk mode with 10 – 20 – 30 adrenaline points and with will give a respective duration 5s – 10s – 15s. That enable a lot of combo possibilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

i’ve been thinking about this too and i totally agree with you. Actually the devs also agree with you because they gave us a elite that refill your adrenaline so you can enter berserker mode right away. The problem is if you dont have 30 adrenaline you cant use many traits that activate when entering berserker mode and that elite does not have a answer to that problem, unless the elite also turns out to be a stunbreaker. Other classes specializations dont require full “something” to activate. You dont need 3 clones to use F5 with mesmer, you dont even need one. You dont need full life force to enter DS on necro and to benefit from the traits.
Also this specialization punnish you from using the class f1. You want berserker mode? dont spent any adrenaline. This adrenaline requirement dont make sence because you have already a cd on berserker mode.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Sykper.6583

I have more fun when I do more damage, so I like the change.

It’s the simple things…

:P

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

NikeEU.7690

More greatsword swing boom boom

www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Warrior

Posted by: Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Nightmare Of Zg.6059

Just saw Druids new “transform”. Makes me sad how bland Berserk is comparably not to mention the fact that they can actually leave their celestial form or w/e it was called prematurely. Also full condi clense upon entering it from trait >.>

in Warrior

Brawl.5178

Just peeked at the new rangers skills myself. What it offers is amazing especially Celestial Form. It completely trumps berserker mode and also requires charge up to use. EXCEPT berserker is our complete new elite mechanic while Celestial form is only a small part of what the Druid is bringing to ranger.

then they mention that the berserk meta is going away (basically being able to complete content with straight berserker groups) yet the entire mechanic of the berserker is to deal more damage and go berserk. Im not sure they thought that one through….
those new physical skills err.. RAGE skills are completely useless in PvE and PvP….

I are a warrioh

in Warrior

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

Robert Gee is a good dev, believe in him. I’m pretty sure berserk is going to be better with BWE 3 feedbacks.

in Warrior

Posted by: TGLwarlord.3568

TGLwarlord.3568

Bloody Roar should be replaced with a grandmaster trait that makes you take 15% more damage and deal 20% more damage while in berserk mode. that would be amazing and it would make you feel like a real berserker