Berserker/Regen build, thoughts?

in Warrior

Posted by: natanfk.1649

natanfk.1649

You see, I came to this build when I started playing Guild Wars 2 a few months ago, and it seemed pretty decent to me at that time, and I still play very well with it.

It consists with full warrior berserker, all equips are of the berserker kind. The gear has ruby orbs and the weapon has accuracy signet.

But the traits and skills are used to help me survive

The traits are 10/30/20/0/10

Trait for strenght: Berserker’s Power:

Traits for Arms: Deep Strikes , Rending Strikes and Forceful Greatsword

Traits for Defense: Embrace the Pain and Turtle’s Defense. I was thinking here, Last Stand only works if you have Balanced Stance on your skill bar? Because if it’s like that, it seems like a useless trait…

Traits for Discipline: Heightened Focus

So, I use 4 signets (Healing, Fury, Stamina and Dolyak) to get my precision up +160 (and a bit more, Fury gives precision) and get a good critical change and berserker’s gear give me a good crit dmg and power (and a bit of precision too)

My defense consists in having the passive regeneration of healing signet + adrenal health (my traits make me keep adrenaline always full) and the dolyak signet too reduces incoming damage.

I’ve been doing very well until now, but I wanted to know why you guys think, because I always see everyone talking about this build as it was kitten. When I join a party it’s like “huh, 4 signets? What a noob!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Adrenal Health doesn’t really regen enough.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

natanfk.1649

Not alone, but combined with Healing Signet it regens quite a lot, I’m not invincible, but I’m able to dodge away and recover a good part of the health in a few seconds. In dungeons sometimes I’m the last one standing (often I see people going down in path 2 when Magg is blowing the door, while I handle it very well, for example)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Not alone, but combined with Healing Signet it regens quite a lot, I’m not invincible, but I’m able to dodge away and recover a good part of the health in a few seconds. In dungeons sometimes I’m the last one standing (often I see people going down in path 2 when Magg is blowing the door, while I handle it very well, for example)

With regen, it heals for about 280 per second, if you have no vitality, that is about 1/66th your health.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Signet build is terrible, lacks team support (FGJ/SIO) lacks Endure Pain which alone avoids damage worth hours of regen.
Your Regen is 320/s but you lose 280hp/s that surge would provide in a bursty way so you’re not exactly gaining a lot, you just trade a burst heal for a regen heal.
You’ll get kicked by any decent team out there like every signet Warrior post-80 because you’re not doing nothing not only for your team but not even to keep yourself alive.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If you do want to keep a Signet build (expect to be laughed/yelled at though) for the love of Cthulhu replace Dolyak Signet with Signet of Stamina.

It is so much better in every way.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

natanfk.1649

Signet build is terrible, lacks team support (FGJ/SIO) lacks Endure Pain which alone avoids damage worth hours of regen.
Your Regen is 320/s but you lose 280hp/s that surge would provide in a bursty way so you’re not exactly gaining a lot, you just trade a burst heal for a regen heal.
You’ll get kicked by any decent team out there like every signet Warrior post-80 because you’re not doing nothing not only for your team but not even to keep yourself alive.

Lol, I’ve never been kicked, and yeah, it’s quite a selfish build, but I didn’t do it to play PvE. And I keep myself alive pretty well in most dungeons.

The problem is that my regen is always on, if u use surge, you’ll have to wait until the cooldown goes away to use it again, if you’re getting hit pretty hard, you won’t have the chance to use it again. If I get a few seconds dodging, it’s enough for me to get back in the fight.

in Warrior

natanfk.1649

If you do want to keep a Signet build (expect to be laughed/yelled at though) for the love of Cthulhu replace Dolyak Signet with Signet of Stamina.

It is so much better in every way.

If you didn’t read, I already use the Stamina signet.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Then just get rid of Doylak.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Lol, I’ve never been kicked, and yeah, it’s quite a selfish build, but I didn’t do it to play PvE.

You mean that you use that trash build in PvP?

If I get a few seconds dodging, it’s enough for me to get back in the fight.

That’s the problem.
Full regen with no burst healing at all means that every time your health is low you need to spend some time dodging away and dealing no DPS.
Realistically with your low regen it would take at least 5-10s to recover from a bad injury, while a good Warrior would recover in a second and continue to fight.
Let alone no Endure Pain. That nullifies all damage which means if you deny say 10k dmg it’s 10k healing you would need otherwise.

This build has no staying power in high end content.
If you wish to prove me wrong post a video of Frac 46 with it.

in Warrior

natanfk.1649

I used it a lot of times on WvsW and did pretty well. I remember once where I was defeating 4 guys together and they started running lol , one fell, but then the entire server arrived to help them and I died.

And I don’t need to really get away and dealing no DPS, I normally dodge away to the boss/mob back, use the throw sword to cripple them, and then use whirlwind to dodge while dealing damage and that restores a good amount of health.

But I’m really working on another build, because I always like balanced characters, that don’t die quickly but don’t do low damage either, so this next build will focus more in defense, and the damage will be moderate to high.

in Warrior

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Last Stand

I’ve never used this. Partly because I like Balanced Stance on my utility bar, but also because I hear it only activates AFTER you’re bowled over…

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: molepunch.5673

molepunch.5673

I advise you to research the math behind your build. It’s great for fire-and-forget style of solo play but I think it’s quite terrible on most accounts. That said, if you’re having fun, that’s fine. I will be honest: I don’t immediately think highly of a level 80 signet warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

This build will work, but nowhere near effectively as it could. Deep strikes is a waste and the signets are tying down your utility slots. With full zerker and constant fury you should be critical hitting on all hits as it is, that tiny boost of precision is unnecessary. Shouts and banners will beat signets everytime, from solo play to team play.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: ferret.9275

ferret.9275

This build will work, but nowhere near effectively as it could. Deep strikes is a waste and the signets are tying down your utility slots. With full zerker and constant fury you should be critical hitting on all hits as it is, that tiny boost of precision is unnecessary. Shouts and banners will beat signets everytime, from solo play to team play.

^this..

I recall when the game launched watching every warrior and his dog using the full signet build and lol’ing at the amount of time they spent downed, while i leisurely carried on swatting mobs at a slightly slower pace while providing a boat load of support and utility to those around me with shouts and banners!