Berserker - Why its good

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

The berserker was designed, imo, with two intentions in mind.

1. Spamming and constant build up of adrenaline, giving us the feeling we had with Warrior back 3 years ago on launch, where adrenaline functioned very differently, and was kinda OP. It’s not so with Berserker, but at least gives us that same feeling back.

2. Giving us Condi’s, the condi usage of primal bursts and traits got changed during beta and alpha, I remember Robert Gee said Berserker was intended to be just condi, but people wanted to use Direct-Damage builds too, so the condition capabilities got reduced by about half to make room for more Direct-Damage stuff.
But remember the intent of Berserker was originally to be effective with mostly Conditions in mind.

3. It’s supposed to give you this “Boxer” feeling of a fighter, with constant use of punches to use and skills at your disposal, thats why the Rage skills are on really low cooldown, and you always have a fist to throw are your opponent, and they build adrenaline when you use em. All baseline.

4. Without Fasthands- Lets face it, fasthands isn’t gonna be baseline anytime soon, and trying to force discipline with Berserker only weakens other potential builds.

Berserker, the builds I’ve played work really well without Fasthands, and going Berserk was intended to work with staying with one weapon set and making the most out of it without needing fasthands.

Anyway, if you set up a build with these in mind, Berserker will be a lot of fun and you’ll sort of see how it’s really supposed to work.

The problem is that people developed a sheep-mentally and try to make Berserker work with the previous Meta pre-HoT, and if it’s not compatible they whine and say it doesn’t work.

With that said, an issue with the Berserker I’ve noticed is that some weapons are good with Vanilla Warrior and are now kitten on Berserker, and vice-versa. Hammer is a good example where its great on regular Warrior but crap on Berserker, then you have the reverse with other Weapons too.

And with the amount of Weapons the Warrior has, figuring out what works best for which will take some getting used to from everybody.

I use condi interrupt build with Mace/Shield and Rifle both with Dazes on their Primal Bursts, and use Headbutt and Berserker Stance for Adrenaline upkeep.

Works wonders with Body Blow and Distracting strikes.

Have fun guys!

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Lavexis.5360

Lavexis.5360

i really think that berserker is a hybrid power/condi spec, everything about rage skills and berserker trait just scream out hybrid power/condi to me.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

The problem is that people developed a sheep-mentally and try to make Berserker work with the previous Meta pre-HoT, and if it’s not compatible they whine and say it doesn’t work.

Soooooo…. how about you post some links and/or footage of these new, non-sheep builds in action?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

Yes, show us this amazing build in action please……….

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

:::: grabs coffee and ice cream :::

dis gon be gud

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Talk is cheap. Show it.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Soooooo…. how about you post some links and/or footage of these new, non-sheep builds in action?

The statment is just wrong. It’s not about trying to make berserker work in the previous Meta. Rather looking to slot berserker into previously played warrior roles.

Before you make a build, you decide on a roll. “Warriors” are hurting with their elite spec because it doesnt appear to work for old roles, and if you can’t find a role to work in you’re just not in the game -_-u.

Roaming DPS is all I know on both vanilla war and Berserker. Roaming DPS is one role at least that Berserker can be used for. Question is, can it work in any other roles?

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The statment is just wrong. It’s not about trying to make berserker work in the previous Meta. Rather looking to slot berserker into previously played warrior roles.

Before you make a build, you decide on a roll. “Warriors” are hurting with their elite spec because it doesnt appear to work for old roles, and if you can’t find a role to work in you’re just not in the game -_-u.

Roaming DPS is all I know on both vanilla war and Berserker. Roaming DPS is one role at least that Berserker can be used for. Question is, can it work in any other roles?

The real problem at the moment is whatever role you try to fill, whether vanilla or berserker, some other class can do it much much better. Basically, if you run warrior you a pretty much a liability to your team.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

The real problem at the moment is whatever role you try to fill, whether vanilla or berserker, some other class can do it much much better. Basically, if you run warrior you a pretty much a liability to your team.

im going to disagree with this (partially). As much of a stretch as this is, I think berserker is actually one of the best ranged specs in the game, for any game mode. Even though Rev hammer hits like gods pimp hand, berserker rifle is a monstrosity

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

im going to disagree with this (partially). As much of a stretch as this is, I think berserker is actually one of the best ranged specs in the game, for any game mode. Even though Rev hammer hits like gods pimp hand, berserker rifle is a monstrosity

I agree that Rifle does an insane of damage and it might work well for PvE or WvW but it is too gimmicky a build for PvP.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I agree that Rifle does an insane of damage and it might work well for PvE or WvW but it is too gimmicky a build for PvP.

Not true UNLESS we’re talking top torny teams, in which case you’re going to find yourself targeted by other roaming DPS specs (thief/mes, who’re both risky, kill or be killed matchups) and focused down by team targeting. In anything outside of that, a well played rifle berserker is strong at what it does.

Anyway, the status quo is saying that other classes are “doing war better”, but saying War is a liability for your team? That’s a bit of a stretch.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Lavexis.5360

I disagree with this.. here is why

Warrior has better CC than revenant
Warrior is actually more mobile than most other classes
rampage warrior can still hit like a truck and can even do 2 v 1
warrior can absorb hits and triggering those guardian traps and necro wells to save our fellow thief/mesmers/guardians are always nice
banner warrior is still viable and can help a ton.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

ReaperJr.5967

The matter of the fact is that berserker supporters can preach as much as they want but they are unable to actually SHOW that berserker works. I can sprinkle pink frosted words on a kitten elite spec but that doesn’t make it any better.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

OP sounds like a DEV that never played the game before. Must be the Warrior Dev in disguise.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

I find berserker only good now in PVE as condi. But in PVP, there are more optimal condi classes so… why bother? For power warrior, berserker is really lackluster. I thought that it is good in the beginning, there is one build I use with it, but… after playing it more and more, it feels just weak compared to other classes and/or elite specs.
I really really hope they will adjust this elite spec accordingly, just… please.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

warrior can absorb hits and triggering those guardian traps and necro wells to save our fellow thief/mesmers/guardians are always nice

-You don’t compare class utility directly without comparing the trade-off roles of the class. In overall utility, (i.e. mobility and damage) Rev is far superior.
-Eh… debatable, then again “most” other classes exceed well in other roles. Again, comparing apples with oranges.
-Basing class balance on one elite skill is bad design, locking a player down with no other choice is bad design.
-You are talking about stances, they are not only good at absorbing traps and wells, they are MANDATORY TO SURVIVE. Again, they lock players down with little to no playable choice, bad design.
-True dat.

Not to mention mandatory traits like defense and discipline, complete and utter lack of versatility, and EVEN WHEN YOU TAKE ALL THE MANDATORY THINGS, you don’t perform as well as other classes.

Class needs rebalancing, end of the story, nothing to argue about.

(edited by Ice.5162)

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Star.8401

Star.8401

The matter of the fact is that berserker supporters can preach as much as they want but they are unable to actually SHOW that berserker works. I can sprinkle pink frosted words on a kitten elite spec but that doesn’t make it any better.

What makes you so special that people making berserker builds would share the builds they worked on to make? If you cannot make one yourself, dont get mad when people who can don’t want to share their builds with you.

Like what kind of logic is that.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

What makes you so special that people making berserker builds would share the builds they worked on to make? If you cannot make one yourself, dont get mad when people who can don’t want to share their builds with you.

99% of the times the “secret build” they are working are non sense made by inexperience warriors thinking they are good or w/e in extremely low MMR with cheap functions.

majority of the builds are already tested and played by experienced players, it’s not hard to make builds, it’s pretty easy to select whats good or not good for pvp, if you actually have a decent amount of pvp exp. if it works you’d already seen it in tournaments.

(edited by lighter.2708)

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

I disagree with this.. here is why

The problem isn’t that warriors can’t have all of this, the problem is that they can only have one or two of these at a time.
The amount of tools the other elite specs can work with compared to Berserker is the other issue.
Feels like you are already out of breath while others with a similar builds are only getting started.

Sounds like he is simply asking for some actual proof since the claims go completely against everyone else’s experience.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

Sorry but it is worthless in real pvp… Makes me sad

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

ReaperJr.5967

I dont really care for any berserker build. You dont have to share it. I just want evidence that it works like they have suggested. Currently, there is a lot of talk but still 0 proof so..

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Posted by: Potato Slayer.3107

Potato Slayer.3107

Go4gw had 0 berserkers in play. Every other elite specialization was at least used (even daredevil)

Berserker - Why its good

in Warrior

Lavexis.5360

judging from the recent buff, it looks like the devs want to create berserker as a hybrid condi/power spec.