Berserker's Power: perhaps a rework?

in Warrior

Posted by: ArrowInMyAss.7945

ArrowInMyAss.7945

As a warrior PVE main, One thing that I’ve always find odd is how the trait Berserker’s Power actually discourages the use of our busrt skills during a boss fight other then to end the fight. I just dont feel the burst attack damage justifies the 15% damage loss before you build your adrenaline back. Seeing this is a staple trait to maximize warrior PVE damage, this essentially means you lose your burst skill during a boss fight, which takes away some options and feels like it’s against warrior’s design philosophy to use burst skills to deliver high damage.

Just want to make sure I am not mistaken about this, and if I am not, how should the trait be reworked to be more coherent with rest of the burst related traits and warrior design philosophy (which I believe is to build and use our adrenaline)?

Tthrow some ideas out there, maybe give us 3-6-10 seconds 5%-10%-15% damage buff (that overwrites itself with the more powerful/recent one) when reaching a new bar of adrenaline?? Or perhaps we gain a 5%-10%-15% damage buff for x seconds right after spending adrenaline? Either of these two idea should encourage the use of our burst and build back our adrenaline before the buffs runs out.

This is purely from the PvE perspective. I doubt changing this trait will have much of an impact on PvP if that is a concern, as the Strength trait line isnt really meta for any warrior builds save for the niche home brews.

Just want to spark a discussion seeing how changes are coming with expansion, what does everyone think??

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Or perhaps we gain a 5%-10%-15% damage buff for x seconds right after spending adrenaline? Either of these two idea should encourage the use of our burst and build back our adrenaline before the buffs runs out.

this is an interesting prospect

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

The sad part is that outside of bosses that are immune to crits, generating adrenaline is far, far too easy in PvE.

Also, if you made a change like that, you’d pretty much be forced to do the exact same to Heightened Focus.

And you have to think about the WvW/PvP implication as well. Getting 5-15% extra damage after using your burst would be a pretty significant boost to the damage output for Warriors there.

And honestly, I think that Berserker’s Power should affect condi damage too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Or perhaps we gain a 5%-10%-15% damage buff for x seconds right after spending adrenaline? Either of these two idea should encourage the use of our burst and build back our adrenaline before the buffs runs out.

this is an interesting prospect

I support this, berserkers power needs a rework without nerfing the warrior even more, but to make it more interesting to play.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It needs to apply to your burst skills before the damage is dealt – thus giving the burst skill the 15% added bonus of full adren.

That would be a good starting point.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’d be fine with them changing it provided we didn’t lose even more DPS than we already have. After all our burst skills are still bugged with the trait anyways.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I wouldn’t get your hopes up… It’s been brought up number of times ever since those traits got moved from 10p to 30p. Hell, it was one of the points of my giant rework post back in 2013 (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Warrior-Redesign-Project). I think everyone who wanted solution like this have given up hope long ago.

Then again, if there’s hope for some good balance changes, expansion is probably the best shot we’re gonna get.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I like the concept of a getting a 15% dps bonus that lasts 5 seconds after you gain a bar of adrenaline. They could actually make it 20% and bring warriors back to a decent place in terms of personal DPS, though if you get to use your higher coefficient burst skills that may not be necessary.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Or perhaps we gain a 5%-10%-15% damage buff for x seconds right after spending adrenaline?

I like that one a lot too. Would be nice if they change Arcing Slice at the same time.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

Thought:

Have the trait be as you pass adrenaline thresholds, you gain might stacks.
This encourages rapid use of burst skills and adrenaline gain. It also might make something other than greatsword combo well with phalanx strength.

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Thought:

Have the trait be as you pass adrenaline thresholds, you gain might stacks.
This encourages rapid use of burst skills and adrenaline gain. It also might make something other than greatsword combo well with phalanx strength.

No. Might isn’t a problem. DPS modifiers are the problem.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?