Berserker's or Marauder's?

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Iris Flowers.3418

Black Iris Flowers.3418

I’m reworking my warrior after returning to play for the first time in 8-9 months. I tried a condition burnzerker build after HoT came out, didn’t like it, and stopped playing warrior after that.

I’d like to switch to a burst based power build for multiple game types (going to try it out everywhere but raids). Would you suggest Berserker or Marauder stats on my armor? (ascended armor just going to switch stats). Or something else entirely?

I’ll be using Axe/Mace for one weapon set (or axe/shield) and was thinking Hammer for the second but I’ve heard it’s no good now- I wanted it for the stun/push back/knock down. Is hammer still a viable option?

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

wvw? marauders. anything pve? zerk

im bad at sarcasm

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

easy answer. Zerker. You don’t need marauders.

Even wvsw you don’t need marauders. it’ll allow you to take it easy and just spam 1 or 3 most of the time though if ur a zergling.

I’d consider getting urself marauder weapons though. I particularly like sword/shield in marauders as an offhand. Gs is okayish as well but lesser dmg is a factor.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Wvw marauders is the meta

Hammer still has its uses but there is a lot of stability running around now so it’s situational vs standard….still best we got for breaking lord bar.

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

lol mara is not the meta for warrior in wvw. but there isn’t a huge reason you can’t use it. Berserker+Dura is just fine. You can run a Mara chest piece rest zerker but full mara is pointless on warrior.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Jacion.6302

lol mara is not the meta for warrior in wvw. but there isn’t a huge reason you can’t use it. Berserker+Dura is just fine. You can run a Mara chest piece rest zerker but full mara is pointless on warrior.

“full ascended Berserker vs. full ascended Marauder; Marauder trades about 10% DPS for 6k health.”

I’d say that in wvw, having 6k more hp for survivability would be more beneficial, 10% dps won’t make make/break your ability to down someone compared to staying alive long enough to down them.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4kittenl/berserker_vs_marauder

in Warrior

Jacion.6302

Per meta build, the currently accepted wvw meta HoT build and Vanilla build are both suggested to be in Marauders armor (zerker accessories).

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Unless you’re raiding, or anywhere else you’ve got full pve buffs, Marauders is going to serve you better than Berserker. You only lose a bit of damage for much better defense.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Welp thats a mixed bag of opinions.

I’d suggest going zerker first (everyone who plays power warriors needs a set of zerker armour anyways). Then subbing in marauder stat’d weapons. Then if you like the change the weapons give you….start subbing some of ur zerker gear for marauders gear till you reach a good fit.

Alternatively you can go the opposite route: all marauders, then sub in zerker weapons, then zerker armour pieces.
I wouldn’t bother do since this route is the most costly, cause in most cases you will want the zerker not the marauder (or at least more zerker than marauder gear).

Final option is with trinkets. These are cheaper to come by these days and can be stat changed (bloodstone farm). Just go zerker and mess around with marauder trinkets to ur hearts content.
You could also go valkyrie on these trinkets or some other variation on ur armour (assasins, zerker) so all the gear stats add up to something similar to full marauders. Assasins probably waste of money for a warrior though but you could bring in armour from other chars and balance out the total values to close to the ones marauders gives you (marauders gives more stats total though so….whatever mbe only consider this is you have alot of alts and differnt ascended armours on hand)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Per meta build, the currently accepted wvw meta HoT build and Vanilla build are both suggested to be in Marauders armor (zerker accessories).

Good players that know their classes well enough should know everything on Meta Battles should be taken with a grain of salt. If you fully believe that the build is 100% meta than you accept that the sigil choices on that build are correct. Anyone here can tell you sigil of cleansing on hammer and strength on GS is not meta.

I personally would take the advice off more experienced players on this forum over anything on metabattle but your choice on what you want to believe.

This just in becasue its on Metabattle its correct.

its way more than a 10% Damage loss, the armor alone is 5% Add weapons, accessory, amulets full mara its like a lot closer to a 20% Damage LOSS. We are not talking DPS we are talking just damage. DPS is how much dammage you do over time, PVP doesn’t work that way its more about spike damage.

A full Zerker Evicerate might hit a target with 3kArmor for 7k maybe. A Full Mara Evicerate probably hits a target with 3k armor for like 4k and some change lol

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

for power warrior i always run Full Zerk.

in Warrior

Ghotistyx.6942

Full Marauder over full Zerk, specifically on Eviscerate, is an 11.8% damage loss for an exchange of 24.8% additional health. Unless you’re in organized PvE where you’re already likely to hit the 100% crit cap, Marauder has much better defense for the cheaper damage trade-off.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Good players that know their classes well enough should know everything on Meta Battles should be taken with a grain of salt.

I personally would take the advice off more experienced players on this forum over anything on metabattle but your choice on what you want to believe.

This.
Meta battle is largely theorycraft based. It assumes most are playing the other meta builds, and playing a specific way. From there is seeks to synergize for best stat output. For raids or pve this is great….cause most people will play them this way. This isn’t how things will work ingame wvsw though. The meta constantly changes from glitches and little updates made by anet. People change builds based on ease of use, and start spamming things that meta battle doesn’t predict. There are more of 1 type of enemy than another….which meta battle cannot predict. You get more condi damage than power damage enemies, you get focused more than predicted, you get ignored more than predicted, you have to pick up the slack from others more than predicted, you have to output more for others than predicted.

Metabattle builds are a good place to start playing from, and for doing pve. That’s about as far as they go though.
Also note that meta builds almost always include abilities that have group benefits, even if they are designated roamer. If you are lone wolf you won’t want this.

If you want to kill the fastest, you won’t want this. If you want to tank the best, you won’t want this. My builds haven’t been meta oriented for a long time, yet they still allow me to do some things ‘the best’ compared to what meta builds offer. Until a meta comes along that makes me do what I want to do better…..i won’t use them. And people will call me a fool for that….since I’m taking smaller percentages towards damage and giving up larger percentages toward defense. But thats how I choose to play….like a fool, that wins, alot.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Full Marauder over full Zerk, specifically on Eviscerate, is an 11.8% damage loss for an exchange of 24.8% additional health. Unless you’re in organized PvE where you’re already likely to hit the 100% crit cap, Marauder has much better defense for the cheaper damage trade-off.

That 24.8% extra health amounts to about 6500 health. Which is basically one good hit. you you are sacrificing 11.8% damage on every hit so that you can take one extra punch? Nope, sorry. Berserker all the way, and I just play smart. Murauders more forgiving, but not enough for me to sacrifice my damage output.

in Warrior

Ghotistyx.6942

It isn’t 11.8% on every hit, just on eviscerate. Other skills will have different numbers. And 6500 health is a fairly significant chunk. It would be more rare than not that you actually get hit for that much, which means you’re surviving many, many more hits than just one additional. Full Marauder will beat full Zerk in a mirrored input battle.

Fishsticks

in Warrior

Jacion.6302

Good players that know their classes well enough should know everything on Meta Battles should be taken with a grain of salt. If you fully believe that the build is 100% meta than you accept that the sigil choices on that build are correct. Anyone here can tell you sigil of cleansing on hammer and strength on GS is not meta.

This just in becasue its on Metabattle its correct.

its way more than a 10% Damage loss, the armor alone is 5% Add weapons, accessory, amulets full mara its like a lot closer to a 20% Damage LOSS. We are not talking DPS we are talking just damage. DPS is how much dammage you do over time, PVP doesn’t work that way its more about spike damage.

A full Zerker Evicerate might hit a target with 3kArmor for 7k maybe. A Full Mara Evicerate probably hits a target with 3k armor for like 4k and some change lol

Agreed on sigils, and personally I run even less damage with more sucess do to my need to stay up and hitting in gvg / zergs, with knights accessories over suggested berserker, which is completely the opposite side of the map.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I personally don´t care much about metabattle. I am doing well with a unconventional warrior build. Propably looks not focused enough on damage, but i hit dam hard effectivlely killing in two hits, so withing the taunt second if my target has low armor. It usually goes one CC, target dodges or breaks, go zerk, target hit by tount, arc divider – rush and game over … and i am fine with two stunbreakers and no endure pain. If focused by 3+ i loose annyway and don´t mind thos few seconds longer. In 1:1 i don´t need them as long as i hit my arc divider.
And it´s fast as roamer.

I don´t have all in ascended due to warrior not being my main but will do it if i get some drops or am in the mood of crafting …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBhYD7kpDoKEstDwsDgoUsQEYItu+2I4t4ucjuGBgIwAA-TlSBQBaR5HAeAA8TzAR2fYCXAgPcQA4zRA4gq/kIdALSJYAAEgbez0ZdGcezbezbezz1t5Nv5NvZpAycMA-w

in Warrior

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

I’m reworking my warrior after returning to play for the first time in 8-9 months. I tried a condition burnzerker build after HoT came out, didn’t like it, and stopped playing warrior after that.

I’d like to switch to a burst based power build for multiple game types (going to try it out everywhere but raids). Would you suggest Berserker or Marauder stats on my armor? (ascended armor just going to switch stats). Or something else entirely?

I’ll be using Axe/Mace for one weapon set (or axe/shield) and was thinking Hammer for the second but I’ve heard it’s no good now- I wanted it for the stun/push back/knock down. Is hammer still a viable option?

full berserkers scholar alll the way on warrior

warrior can have easy 19k+ hp / 2.4~5k armor even with full zerker

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

in PvE if you can play yes you want that maximum DPS zerker with scholar …. For me this will get booring fast so i play WvW roaming and a bit PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

So, most people run full bersker. Might swap some for marurders just to push 60%crit chance. Also what runes, using pack for roaming and dura for wvw raids.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

oh god there are so many. check out the Warrior 101 thread for loads more. but personally I run Malandru in WVW because its cheep and very useful, but the are loads of better options.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

I feel like since warriors already have the highest health and highest armor, they are the only class where full berserker is better than full marauder in all 3 game formats.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Full zerk gunflame warrior in WvW = drops people in seconds before they even reach you. Most never see it coming. Block spam? Signet of Might. Gg.

Marauder when I do guild runs GS + M/SH or MH axe. Still has zerker trinks.

Currently testing commander and a few cav stats for a power based full boon duration warrior build. What are condi’s?

TLDR: You can go full zerk in either WvW or PvE but it is wise in this powercreep meta to try Marauder’s for WvW as that extra HP could mean life or death.

in Warrior

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Full zerk gunflame warrior in WvW = drops people in seconds before they even reach you. Most never see it coming. Block spam? Signet of Might. Gg.

Marauder when I do guild runs GS + M/SH or MH axe. Still has zerker trinks.

Currently testing commander and a few cav stats for a power based full boon duration warrior build. What are condi’s?

TLDR: You can go full zerk in either WvW or PvE but it is wise in this powercreep meta to try Marauder’s for WvW as that extra HP could mean life or death.

Yes I was curious about this myself , i just got back for HoTs after a 1.5 year brake ( I used to be a hardcore roamer / spvper ) started in vanilla gw.

But in this meta kitten going full zerk just gets you 2shot by most of the classes , so im gonna try going full marauder – zerk accesories , i just hope i don’t regret the DPS loss

play hard , go pro.

in Warrior

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I personally prefer Marauder on power warrior. The extra HP is a difference maker if you end up getting condi bombed and your berserker stance is on cool down. You’ll still do plenty enough damage with Marauder.

Either one will work, I generally like to balance my builds out with tankability and damage, a good middle ground to have a well rounded build usually has a lot of benefits.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com