Berserker spec and power builds (Maybe?)

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I wasn’t really intrigued by the other specializations, maybe the Reaper seemed interesting but the ele, mes are kinda more support specializations, revenant and guardian seemed boring to me, but the Warrior one actually looks pretty interesting.

Berserker spec seems to centre alot around 3 things. Stun-breaks/Stability, Burning and Adrenaline. It also offers some decent condition removal. This sort of de-emphasizes Cleansing Ire and the Defense trait line a little bit as the Berserker Traitline offers up some good defensive mechanisms.

At first glance it seems like it would make for a great condition build and yes I tend to agree with that. But I also think it would make a great hybrid build as well as a pure power build.

Why a power build? First off you get a 10% increase to attack speed in berserker mode. This is pretty deadly in the hands of a greatsword, hammer and axe user. Plus quickness too? Pretty dope.

Also look at the primal bursts for Axe and Greatsword. Axe you basically get an Eviscerate on a 5 second CD, that is pretty sweet. Greatsword you get an Arcing Slice on 5 second CD, pretty awesome too.

Secondly, what seems to have pretty good synergy is the Mace/GS combo. I didn’t see the livestream but Berserk Mode doesn’t have a cast-time according to it. You can just stun your foe, pop berserk mode and take advantage of the quickness and attack speed with your hundred blades. And then CC your opponent even further with the Mace burst, an 8 second cripple is pretty brutal and allows you to set up your attacks easier.

Also the master trait that gives you bonus ferocity (it seems kinda outta place for a seemingly condition line) but it can add a good 10-15% on your crit damage. Pretty nasty for an eviscerate or hundred blades.

The grandmaster for Berserker eliminates the need for Balanced Stance pretty much. Savage Instinct and Eternal Champion have very good synergy with each other. You can take some other skill. Hell Shake it Off becomes viable now. You can freely take Frenzy with no regret or even that new leaping rage skill.

While I see people experimenting with s/t/lb or m/t/s/s as condition builds, I would definitely not sleep on Mace/Greatsword and Axe/Greatsword as potential power builds. You can easily go Strength/Discipline/Berserker. Hammer/Greatsword I don’t really see becoming a thing as it doesn’t use torch but maybe some weird Hammer Sword Torch build could workout decent, though I don’t think it is optimal.

Hybrid builds I think will be a thing though, this is where I see this Berserker spec going. We will see a lot of strange and novel build ideas with this.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

(edited by killahmayne.9518)

in Warrior

Posted by: mykx.9562

mykx.9562

you can’t skullcrack your foe then go berserk as it would use adrenaline, you need 30 adrenaline to go into berserk mode.

a good combo would be head-butt > berserk > 100 blades, better of course if you have stab up. also sigil paralyzation should synergize with head-butt so that could somewhat make up for the 1 sec stun you apply to yourself.

I forget if there was a trait that gives berserk activation a stun break.

(edited by mykx.9562)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

you can’t skullcrack your foe then go berserk as it would use adrenaline, you need 30 adrenaline to go into berserk mode

True but Headbutt also gives you a 3 second stun (i think its a stun?) so you can effectively chain a 6 second stun together WITH full adrenaline (headbutt gives full adren)

You could actually go Skull crack > Headbutt > Earthshaker (without even needing to use berserk right away)

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Warrior

Posted by: mykx.9562

mykx.9562

True but Headbutt also gives you a 3 second stun (i think its a stun?) so you can effectively chain a 6 second stun together WITH full adrenaline (headbutt gives full adren)

You could actually go Skull crack > Headbutt > Earthshaker (without even needing to use berserk right away)

I forgot head-butt gives full adrenaline warriors are going to be able to setup some sick combos.

(edited by mykx.9562)

in Warrior

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

In all honesty, Berserker does not look that good.

1- Berserk mode has a CD on top of it requiring full addrenaline. Thus you can not get the full benefit out of the spec.

2- The heal is essentially useless in pvp.

3- Support skills look average at best, definetly no place in your bar for them in pvp, no 3 stace == dead warrior.

4- You are going to give up +30% damage on your sword just to access the trait line, and it does not seem to make it up.

5- Conditions are not what i rolled my warrior for.

The elite skill is the only thing that seemed good.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

(edited by Apolo.5942)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

with +30% stun duration sigil slapped onto mace

0. shield bash 1.3 seconds stun, 450 leap (30/30 adrenal)
1. skull crack 3.9 seconds stun ( 0/30 adrenal)
2. elite skill headbutt 3.9 seconds ( 30/30 adrenal)
3. go berserk, break out of 1 second self stun ( 0/30 adrenal, 10/10 adrenal)
4. skull grinder 1.3 seconds stun ( 0/10 adrenal)
5. swap to greatsword ( 5/10 adrenal)
6. hundred blades ( 10/10 adrenal)
7. arcing sear (0/10 adrenal)

1.3 + 3.9 + 3.9 + 1.3 = 10.4

10.4 seconds stun combo.

i like that.
those who do not carry stun breakers or have stability are gonna cry.

i think after arcing sear, should be able to attack 5 more times, then swap back to mace for another healthy dose of skull grinder.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in Warrior

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Looks good on paper but it may still have its flaws as we see with traditional melee warr gameplay where u cant keep up vs ranged/kiters like ele/mes/meta

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Warrior

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

I don’t play skullcracker build but I was thinking of all the combos you can do already, but I think the taunt with berserker would help start up a good combo also, get full adren enter beserker when ur in range of taunt, hb, swap use mace burst, cripple with torch, or stun again with a shield, if ur target doesn’t cleanse or stun break to try to leave, u can headbutt swap and hb again