Warlord.9074

It’s core warrior.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Berserker spec really isn't all bad

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

When you fight other classes on a warrior it’s like a really old car trying to compete with a new one. Perhaps ANET wants warriors to be like really old cars. I don’t know what I do know is an old car can beat a new one if you put a really fast motor in it. Thats what warrior needs. Some new technology to deal with the current meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Just dont take the trait line.. then i gotta agree with you.. it starts to feel much better that way

in Warrior

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I really like the berserker in PvE. Especially with the defiance bars of veteran/champ mobs my mace/shield berserker pwns hard.

Haven’t tried it in PvP yet, but I can already see a lot of problems dealing with the blocks, evades and blinds the other classes have received en masse.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

I went into HoT last night with a Bow and Rifle Zerker and just a mishmash of zerker/rabid gear. I specc’d tactics and discipline, I think. I actually had a blast playing with Berserker. Later on I went full rabid and swap pled the rifle for Sword/Shield. It worked well. Lots of fire being thrown around,

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

in Warrior

BassHunteR.7246

Create a warrior ..
Take NO TRAIT line at all..
Get exotic gear lvl 80 and go pve…
You will still manage to do it..
Face it..
PVE = anything works…

(edited by BassHunteR.7246)

in Warrior

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

In PvE, NOTHING is bad. Even if you run naked with an exotic weapon you’ll do fine in open world PvE as long as you know when to dodge. The complaints against Berserker/Warrior is for PvP/WvW where they are underpowered.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in Warrior

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

But guys. I was in a giant xp farm train last night in HOT and did just fine. It’s clearly a L2P issue since warrior performs so well in there.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

in Warrior

BassHunteR.7246

Clearly you fail to read or has the IQ of an apple.
In any case.. ye ye..
Zerk op… plz nerf it

in Warrior

Posted by: Arcade.8901

Arcade.8901

It’s core warrior.

So… okay, i m just curious, we are going back in time just before the HoT release.

Warrior has 3 speccs competetive, HoT drops none is competetive.

How you can’t understand that Zerk elite specc brings nothing, just nothing…

Berserk could be…. The analogy of Death Shroud to give us another health bar, to give us some sort of new mechanic with Bloodthirst and leech. Which could help us with the sustain. Did it happen ? No.

Did we get some kind of utility to be immune to conditions and damage absorb through berserker, so we would not have to specc triple stance to cover our DAMAGE only ? No.

Did we get f3 f4 moves which could be stances ? No.

Did we get some unique 5 skill weapon usable by warriors only ? No.

Did we get some useful utilities, team support ? No.

On the other hand… Necromancer. Their Reaper specc made them viable. They ll feast on old specc like bunker guard, burn guard, thiefs, warriors mesmers. It’s not the “core” necro which made them insane, it’s Elite specc.

Zerk specc, brings illusory sustain through stability and cleansing ire on paper. But it just underpowered version of Strength w/o endurance on adrenaline spent while evade mechanics is the most OP thing in this game. It’s just abomination of all our Trait lines fited in one w/o general understanding what it should be.

Zerk is a problem because it brings nothing, not a single way to exist in the meta.

(edited by Arcade.8901)

in Warrior

Posted by: Azazel.1540

Azazel.1540

berserk is great for condi builds, not so much for other people. if you are power, simply avoid berserk

this isn’t that complicated

in Warrior

Tom Gore.4035

In PvE, NOTHING is bad. Even if you run naked with an exotic weapon you’ll do fine in open world PvE as long as you know when to dodge. The complaints against Berserker/Warrior is for PvP/WvW where they are underpowered.

I want to see you go do that in HoT solo. Especially in Dragon’s Stand. Good luck and remember to video it.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Warrior is unarguably the worst class in pvp right now. Literally noone ran a warrior in the monthly tournament.

in Warrior

Arcade.8901

I want to see you go do that in HoT solo. Especially in Dragon’s Stand. Good luck and remember to video it.

Take yolo flame, hide behind zerg and do what Arena wants us to do, to be the melee class with ranged weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Oh yeah. I liked that Yolo Flame thread. Amusingly written.

in Warrior

BassHunteR.7246

1- DS is not a solo zone.
2- even if you want to solo.. you will probrably ask ppl around not to interfere cause new zones arebjust crowded…
3- get a bow or rifle or even a gs… let someone get aggro and you will be able to do it with no problem even in DS…just dont tank it…

in Warrior

NiloyBardhan.9170

Did I say solo? The point was that you can hide behind a blob and spam 1 away to your victory with a rifle/longbow. All the metas can be done this way including DS. There’s a reason why I mentioned open world and not dungeons/fractals or solo contents like LS.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

It’s not the berserker spec that is bad, it’s the core warrior that is. Elite spec are suppose to build upon your already existing specializations to give alternative game play. The problem with berserker is that is tries to build upon a flawed core system. They need to fix the core of the class before any judgement can be made about beserker.

There have been tons of feedback about this for months but Anet chooses to ignore the problem.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Tom Gore.4035

Did I say solo? The point was that you can hide behind a blob and spam 1 away to your victory with a rifle/longbow. All the metas can be done this way including DS. There’s a reason why I mentioned open world and not dungeons/fractals or solo contents like LS.

You can do that in WvW too. In PvP I guess you can’t because you cannot go into battle without an amulet AFAIK.

One – Piken Square

in Warrior

Posted by: pepsis.5384

pepsis.5384

It’s not the berserker spec that is bad, it’s the core warrior that is. Elite spec are suppose to build upon your already existing specializations to give alternative game play. The problem with berserker is that is tries to build upon a flawed core system. They need to fix the core of the class before any judgement can be made about beserker.

There have been tons of feedback about this for months but Anet chooses to ignore the problem.

The core warrior is bad? Ever played a Necromancer?

in Warrior

Arcade.8901

You can do that in WvW too. In PvP I guess you can’t because you cannot go into battle without an amulet AFAIK.

Well not really, you can try to hide behind the zerg there, but the way our weapons work, we are bad for WvWvW now in general, if you take bow/rifle, you can try to gunflame some, but sometimes you can yolo flame yourself, or hit the obstructed when there nothing in the path, or your arcing arrow is so slow that when it lands zerg repositioned itself. But if u running naked, against a blob, you ll just get Coalescence of Ruin for … i have to test it, but i got hit for 13 k on my ELE in full zerk, so not sure how much pain ll suffer on naked warrior.

The core warrior is bad? Ever played a Necromancer?

You got Reaper don’t you ? Cele Signets Necro was fine afaik. But Necroes surprise me,even now the reaper, one of the strongest specs to play on SPvP, and so many topics how reaper sucks because of … oh well they are “selfish” in PvE.

(edited by Arcade.8901)

in Warrior

NiloyBardhan.9170

There’s a difference. A player can make a huge difference if he stays alive and helps the team especially in even numbered fights and when you run naked you are almost useless in the fight and being a rallybot. Compared to PvE, all players care is the rewards in the end and the mobs can’t really rally off your dead body so it doesn’t make any difference really.

I hope you weren’t serious with the comparison to WvW with PvE about running naked.

In PvP, even if there was an option to not wear amulet it will turn into basically a 4v5 match and again a rallybot for the opposition.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBunny.3681

BlackBunny.3681

We should of got a couple more abilities like the DH got wings, reflect shield and that chain pull…. surprised.

in Warrior

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

one thing’s for sure in PVP BERSERKER SUCKS (even devs knew it but they dont do nothing)

in Warrior

Posted by: Barosmare.2196

Barosmare.2196

Warrior are like bad kitten T-rex , sad part is they are fighting against kittening flying saucers with particle beam canons that can stealth and teleport and fire flying sharks with lazer beamz attacked tot their heads!

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Warrior could be OK if other professions damage and damage mitigation wasn’t so high.

As a warrior you can deal with the damage to a point not saying its not too high because it is. But you cant deal with that and high sustain of the other professions. Namely Scrapper, Revenant, Chronomancer, Druid, Tempests, Reapers and you can’t deal with he high evade spam of Dare Devils.

All of these new builds have more sustain than you and can deal as much or more damage much more easy than you.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Warrior could be OK if other professions damage and damage mitigation wasn’t so high.
As a warrior you can deal with the damage to a point not saying its not too high because it is. But you cant deal with that and high sustain of the other professions. Namely Scrapper, Revenant, Chronomancer, Druid, Tempests, Reapers and you can’t deal with he high evade spam of Dare Devils.
All of these new builds have more sustain than you and can deal as much or more damage much more easy than you.

Agreed, to a point. With Daredevil you have to time one good hit between their dodges. One good crit at the right time will flat line them with almost any weapon. the problem is that a dare devil’s dodge damage is so high and hits an area of effect. Compare that to the dodge trait of the warrior and you will see the problem.

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Agreed, to a point. With Daredevil you have to time one good hit between their dodges. One good crit at the right time will flat line them with almost any weapon. the problem is that a dare devil’s dodge damage is so high and hits an area of effect. Compare that to the dodge trait of the warrior and you will see the problem.

The problem is a lot of their new dodges aren’t exactly dodges they are weapon skill evades. Trying to time a good hit in between them they can just dodge your hit normally, or use another skill to evade your slow telegraphed attack. Good luck with that.

in Warrior

Arcade.8901

The problem is a lot of their new dodges aren’t exactly dodges they are weapon skill evades. Trying to time a good hit in between them they can just dodge your hit normally, or use another skill to evade your slow telegraphed attack. Good luck with that.

Same with the most of the classes, now. Mesmers, Revenants. They just can easily cover their damage in evade frames. And Warrior,… don’t go far Death Spiral vs Hundred blades that’s at least how our GS 2 should work now…. but yeah our weapons and even their damage is nerfed and outdated, from the time when the game was way to different sadly.

(edited by Arcade.8901)