Berserker stance change is just....

in Warrior

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

i’m speechless. it’s definitely one of the worst attempts at improving a skill i’ve ever seen. now we can be blinded, immobilized, feared, and kited all day even more so than before. thank you, arenanet for ‘improving’ the skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Are you saying people are stripping your resistance every 3s? Because resistance makes you immune to blind, immobilize, and fear.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

Are you saying people are stripping your resistance every 3s? Because resistance makes you immune to blind, immobilize, and fear.

really? i must just be stupid then or was having my boon stripped

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Just enjoy having a potential 100% resistance uptime against opponents that can’t boon strip :0)

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Just keep an eye on your bar or on your character for the telltale indicator to see if you have resistance up when you’re having the issue. Necros can corrupt boons like a boss, but mesmers and thieves can remove them a bit too.

The thing is, Beserker Stance is supposed to reapply resistance every 3s so, even if they strip it, you should only feel it until the reapplication.

Resistance makes you immune to the effects of all conditions, so you want to use Berserker Stance differently than you used to. In the past, you had to guess when an opponent would condi bomb you and then activate before that. Now, you want to wait until you’re already loaded with condis or just need to stop a few condis messing with you (like blind spam, etc).

in Warrior

Posted by: angvl.1238

angvl.1238

Just change your gameplay and wait for the condi bombs to hit you.
Check if they conditions are actually doing damage or they are just criples, blinds, slow, e.t.c
If they are doing damage wait 1 more sec to see their durations.
If u think the duration is long then use zerk stance.

Swim (always with chickens)

in Warrior

Posted by: Pollux.2346

Pollux.2346

i’m speechless. it’s definitely one of the worst attempts at improving a skill i’ve ever seen. now we can be blinded, immobilized, feared, and kited all day even more so than before. thank you, arenanet for ‘improving’ the skill.

Agree…fight vs necro its a nightmare right now. You can’t absolutely make anything against condy/corrupt spamming.

Let’s continue this trend. Excellent idea for improvement Endure Pain now!
Lets change physical absorb effect on 5 sec protection! Arena net?

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Agree…fight vs necro its a nightmare right now. You can’t absolutely make anything against condy/corrupt spamming.

I’m killing condi necros/reapers as well or (slightly) better now than I did before the change. If you’re getting hammered 1v1 against a condi necro now but weren’t before, the difference is the necros you’re playing against.

I’d also gladly trade up Endure Pain’s current function for 15s (base) of 3s pulsing protection on a 40s cd. I wouldn’t even have to think about it.

It would improve warrior sustain by a tonne, injects counter play to EP (due to damage still getting through and boon hate), and it would fix the mysterious EP bug. Warriors would be the net winners of the change.

<vent>

Also, since on the subject of warrior pseudo nerfs (might seem like nerfs, but aren’t), I’d cut the Gunflame (and Kill Shot’s) damage by a tonne and dump it all into the rest of the rifle skills, to make the weapon less rewarding of lazy bad play while rewarding more skillful play.

Seeing all these Berserkers stand in the back of a fight or on ledges spamming unblockable Gunflames makes me sad in the pants for the class.

Off topic, I know. </vent>

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Condi/cc warrior should have the upper hand against the standard necro builds. They are usually only running plague signet as their stun break. They either get cc’d to death if they don’t plague, or they use plague on cc and then get condi bombed. Running lyssa, sig of stam, and berserker stance should put you ahead of the condi transfers. It’s usually a quick fight one way or the other.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

I actually prefer the new berserker stance much more. On anything other than necros (and even necro, they cant corrupt resistance every 3 seconds) I can just pop it and say F your condi bombs and just keep applying pressure. It’s much better than having to pop it preemptively.

joins Vent

<vent>
Also, since on the subject of warrior pseudo nerfs (might seem like nerfs, but aren’t), I’d cut the Gunflame (and Kill Shot’s) damage by a tonne and dump it all into the rest of the rifle skills, to make the weapon less rewarding of lazy bad play while rewarding more skillful play.

Seeing all these Berserkers stand in the back of a fight or on ledges spamming unblockable Gunflames makes me sad in the pants for the class.

Off topic, I know. </vent>

I fully agree the number of other wise terrible warriors running around spamming Gunflame and wrecking other people is pathetic. Rifle on berserker has become among the most braindead weapon, if not THE most braindead, in the entire game.

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

It’s not 1v1 people are complaining about its when the enemy team decides to condi dump on you, you get screwed. Before the good warriors dropped zerker stance just before an engage or getting focused on and make the enemy waste their skills. Now its just faceroll instant kill a warrior.
People are complaining about warrior team viability, they lack their team condi immunity which they so desperately needed.

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

It’s not 1v1 people are complaining about its when the enemy team decides to condi dump on you, you get screwed. Before the good warriors dropped zerker stance just before an engage or getting focused on and make the enemy waste their skills. Now its just faceroll instant kill a warrior.
People are complaining about warrior team viability, they lack their team condi immunity which they so desperately needed.

In your scenario, the old stance has the warrior assuming he’s the first target. If he wasn’t, he’s wasted Berserker Stance and won’t have it once he actually does get targeted. You’ve also assumed the opponents are all incapable of noticing the telltale Berserker’s Stance icon on the warrior’s bar, or that their condis aren’t being applied, and mindlessly continue to spam their condi attacks anyway.

The way it works now, the warrior can wait until he’s actually condi bombed by everyone before using the stance, so there’s no chance of wasting it, giving him immunity for considerably longer than the original stance. The price for this is the potential for the protection to be stripped or corrupted, which is mitigated by the 3s pulse and the randomness to boon hate they introduced several months ago.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

yeah A-net changing things simply for the sake of changing things. I litterally see no reason as to why this bullkitten had to be implemented. like seriously u give us warriors a slight buf. then nerf one our strongest anti condi skills out of our already meager collection of condi fighting utilities so that it can be kittening removed by a kittening scepter auto attack.!!!! Like seriously, this kind of bullkitten is also part of the reason why there is so much qq and poisonous people in pvp section. It’s just frustrating.

getting your kitten filty grubby paws on a skill that litterally needed no adjustment whatsoever.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

The worst change in history. Zerker stance is a LOT worse than it was before. It doesn’t matter if you are immune to condition damage while resistance is up. That is not the problem. The problem is duration. If a condition lasts a long time, it might be present after the immunity has ended. Before the change, you were immune to incoming conditions so that wouldn’t happen.

At worse, you might have to deal with condi that was applied to you before hand. If a necro transfers condis, then you were immune. Its much worse now, necro can transfer conditions and you might not take damage initially but if the duration is long enough you will afterwards.

The change makes no sense really. I don’t think anyone was complaining about how strong warrior was.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Warrior

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

they should have decreased the cd of berserker stance instead of givving it extra seconds duration

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

The worst change in history. Zerker stance is a LOT worse than it was before. It doesn’t matter if you are immune to condition damage while resistance is up. That is not the problem. The problem is duration. If a condition lasts a long time, it might be present after the immunity has ended. Before the change, you were immune to incoming conditions so that wouldn’t happen.

At worse, you might have to deal with condi that was applied to you before hand. If a necro transfers condis, then you were immune. Its much worse now, necro can transfer conditions and you might not take damage initially but if the duration is long enough you will afterwards.

The change makes no sense really. I don’t think anyone was complaining about how strong warrior was.

Before, you had 8s in which a mildly experienced player wouldn’t attack you with his condi burst, then he would and you’d be doomed. Now, he’ll drop his entire bomb on you and you have 12s of no effect for that clock to wear down and for you to clear using whatever mechanism you have available, bursting him while his major skills are in cooldown.

What’s the problem?

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

What’s the problem?

Bads I’d say is what is the problem. Honestly, I can’t say why anybody would think this is a bad change. The previous berserker stance had to be popped preemptively and often than not didn’t even help you since any decent player would just wait it out. That is not the case now, you can pop it during the condi bomb and you’ll be left untouched. Yes people can corrupt boons but even a necro who focuses on boon corrupting won’t be able to strip 1 stack every 3 seconds.

Not to mention, if you play vs a build that has no boon corrupting/stripping you can pop healing signet before berserker stance and get 17 seconds of resistance (if you take last stand) making you practically immune to all condi damage and allowing healing signet to be back up..

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”