Best build? for Pvt armor

in Warrior

Posted by: Drudgen.6597

Drudgen.6597

Can someone give me the exact details of a nice simple team build (4-10 people).

I’d like to use Pvt armor but can buy runes, sigils, weapons and trinkets if need be.

Thanks

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Best build for PVT armour … is to not use PVT armour.

While you will live a little longer, power builds are reliant on precision and critical damage % to actually apply pressure. Instead the majority of warriors capitalise on their naturally high base hp to strengthen other aspects of their combat presence.

Something like http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQNAS8ejMdUGaXImdQHaAB9QDrCu4ogKUCli5YDB-zkCBYLCy0yA0HwEBQJPKrJQCilRFRjVbDT5SQWFLpkBgZMA-w would give you sizable spike damage, strong passive defences as well as an emergency team res ( which is a large part of what a warrior gets brought in a small group for anyway.)

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

PVT armor isn’t good for anything other than running around soaking damage.

The important thing is to ask yourself this question: do you care about being effective in combat?

Yes? Then you definitely aren’t going to find a viable build with that armor set and need to kit up in something else.

If you don’t care about dealing damage and want to just soak it, then forget about everything and just screw up your traits by maxing defense/tactics so you can be a true Spongebob Tankpants.

Picture related.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Ignore everyone above you.

You will need berserker trinkets, if you get ascended then you want the berserker trinket with vitality on. You want a 0/10/30/0/30 build and use axe/shield with hammer for control or great sword depending on group comp.

You will want to use precision pots that give precision based on toughness and vitality. You want food that gives 66% chance on critical hit to get health and +70 precision.

You will be tanky whilst still giving out very good damage. I take endure pain, berserker stance and balanced stance with signet of rage.

I usually take melandru runes but that’s up to you. If your coming up against conditions most of the time, swap you food to lemongrass and make sure you have dogged march.

If you don’t have a build for PVT, don’t bother posting saying something totally opposite to what the OP is asking.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Yes, please ignore the PVT naysayers. While there are better gear combinations to maximize your potential, PVT is still a good all around set for WvW. I would definitely go with zerker weapons and trinkets. No self respecting warrior would not take a Hammer for WvW group play. So Hammer/Sword (for mobility and Immo.) and Shield or Mace depending on if you want more defense or more CC pressure. If playing in a larger group you might want to go with a warhorn.

Runes, melandru or hoelbrak with -condition food are very good choices. Lyssa with Signet of Stamina and Signet of rage are also very good combinations.

Sigils would be Force or Impact on Hammer, a Kill stacking sigil (blooodlust) and a Hydromancy on your sword/X .

For traits I would go with a 10-0-30-0-30 with burst mastery or a 0-20-30-0-20 with unsuspecting foe.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

Here is what I use currently: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQJARTjMdUFabImhQHaABp4LqizjkgJIPlC8YDB-zwBBofDRj+IaUBBJ1sIaslhFRjVXDT5iIqmUALKMC-e

I’m interested to see how steeply they change the crit damage on zerker trinkets with the big upcoming patch, just have to wait and see. Btw Spongebob is awesome~

(edited by Zagerus.8675)

in Warrior

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

Can someone give me the exact details of a nice simple team build (4-10 people).

I’d like to use Pvt armor but can buy runes, sigils, weapons and trinkets if need be.

Thanks

While everyone is saying not to use PVT armor they are ignoring your question. I suggest PVT of the Eagle, with full offense trinkets. Really it’s ridiculous that people are ignoring your “Id like to use PVT” part. With the PVT armor you can go offense trinkets and heavier offense stats.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Thanks

While everyone is saying not to use PVT armor they are ignoring your question. I suggest PVT of the Eagle, with full offense trinkets. Really it’s ridiculous that people are ignoring your “Id like to use PVT” part. With the PVT armor you can go offense trinkets and heavier offense stats.

Maybe it’s because the fact that OP is claiming to use a gear-type that is specifically designed for the sole purpose of soaking damage, it nullifies any suggestion other than ones that aim to optimize THAT purpose?

Mix-matching zerk trinkets with PVT is pointless. If you’re going to soak damage, then soak as much damage as you can. What is the point of aiming for a medium in between tanking everything and hitting an appropriate amount of damage? You are superior at nothing. The objective here seems utterly pointless to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

148.4K kills and this build still rocks wvw kitten but beware of being focus-fired….bad voodoo.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vIAQNBiYDbkpjGPr8wzDORDIoHaYWUFqC2R6BawGpBA-z0CBojAoLRO1cIr5og5pQVWFRjVXDT9Kp6XwaYAqYQBAQAc0je0je0j2G34K34KXZpAYSZE-w

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Thanks

Maybe it’s because the fact that OP is claiming to use a gear-type that is specifically designed for the sole purpose of soaking damage, it nullifies any suggestion other than ones that aim to optimize THAT purpose?

Mix-matching zerk trinkets with PVT is pointless. If you’re going to soak damage, then soak as much damage as you can. What is the point of aiming for a medium in between tanking everything and hitting an appropriate amount of damage? You are superior at nothing. The objective here seems utterly pointless to me.

The best WvW builds of most classes are not located at the 2 extremes, either full DPS or full bunker. They are a mix located somewhere in the middle, just like PVT armor and zerk trinkets. There is no point in going full DPS if you can’t live long enough to dish it out, there is also no point in going full bunker if you don’t hit hard enough to kill anything (it’s not PvP where you have to hold a point to win), being superior at 1 thing doesn’t make it a better build.

Personally I wouldn’t go PVT, I prefer a cavalier, valkyrie, and PreVT mix for more crit damage and bigger ES burst on Hammer but that is not to say that PVT is inferior in any way, it just has a different application. There is a reason why many WvW guilds still ask for their warriors to go PVT.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

About how many kills do you have to have with a build before you realize whether it’s good or bad? Just wondering, because you mentioned how many WvW kills you have as if it is a proof of concept, but you could roll a full Sentinels staff zerg guardian and get that many kills while actually DOING absolutely nothing.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Best build for PVT armor. Is use 1 or more than one of these traits. Unsuspecting foe, deep strike, or heightened focus. You may also need sigil of accuracy, Maintenance oil or Sigil of Perception.

PVT is a power based set despite having minor defensive characteristics so you need to compensate for having low precision. Stray away from full PVT but PVT armor with zerker everything else is good in WvW I would advise against it in PVE.

Simply becasue players with food and stacks hit a lot harder and do alot more damage than PVE or SPVP.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene