Best race for warrior?

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

Hello. I decided to make a warrior alt because they just seem really powerful and fun. But I can’t decide if I want to be a norn or an asura. Asuras are little so it’s really funny when they easily destroy things but I don’t know how good they would look in heavy armor. A norn is big and fitting to the class but do they look good in heavy armor?

Mainly what I’m looking for is whether they’ll look good in the long run. So who looks better as a warrior: norn or asura?

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

(edited by ScottTheWanderer.4716)

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

They both look good. Only downside is that it’s hard to see asura armor details. But they make up for it with quirky animations and pretty sweet t3 armor. (Better than norn t3, but then again norn t2 is pretty awesome)

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: crow.2709

crow.2709

Who looks better, Norn or Asura?

a Charr.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

what role you want to play. big defensive attraction that covers your teamates and bring pressure to enemies
or the little invisible killer that kills enemies with lightning speed and bad kitten skill animation. asuras hundred blade is so much fast paced then other races.

pvp wise im always a asura when im a zerker.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Who looks better, Norn or Asura?

a Charr.

lol /thread

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Norn animation are very clunky . I would suggest human or asura .
I have both 80 warr norn and 80 warr human and i cant
Decide which one is my main yet . They are both
Geared with full exotics.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: PizzaSHARK.2741

PizzaSHARK.2741

Asura is pretty much your only choice if you want to be serious in sPvP; they’re really tiny, which makes them surprisingly hard to target and in general keep an eye on, especially when there are flashy spell effects and pets all running around throughout it.

Otherwise? Pretty much anything but Norn. Norns are pretty much the most boring, uninspired race I’ve ever seen in an RPG. They’re nothing but bigger humans with a the genre-standard uninspired take on Norse mythology. At least Humans get something mildly interesting with their different gods.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Well the asura is pretty much a rat. I have one for Spvp only.
It surely helps . Switching from human to asura warrior
Increased my win rate by at least 15% .

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sharptiger.4762

Sharptiger.4762

I have a Charr warrior that looks beast with his cultural/CoF armor setup. But since this is between Asura and Norn, I’d say it depends on what you plan to do as a warrior. Asura are popular for WvW and PvP because they’re smaller and harder to click, and can probably get a lot of hits in without being targeted too quickly. As mentioned in the comments already, they also have awesome animations in comparison to the rather slow ones of the Norn. However, they look kinda goofy in every heavy armor set but their cultural, and they don’t make the most “intimidating” warriors around. Norn look good in many of the heavy armor sets, and I personally think their cultural armor is some of the best there is. They obviosuly win if you want to be a big tough guy, but again, their animations are meager and they’re easy to spot in a WvW zerg.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

charr looks and animation are fantastic i realized that when playing the ascalon assault in fractal of the mist.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

Asura are superior in every respect. Anything else I can help you with?

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

only furries play chars

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

charr warriors with green armor look like tanks! btw sylvari t3 head armor is stunning

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Norn Warrior: Mainstream.
Charr Warrior: Mainstream.
Human Warrior: only because “Human”, Mainstream over9000.
Asura Warrior: Hipster but everybody try to be Hipster by making heavy classes on the tiny race, so Asura Warriors are actuall Mainstream.

Results: walking salad are the best warriors.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: ScottTheWanderer.4716

ScottTheWanderer.4716

Thank you all for your input. I’ve definitely ruled out norn, but now I’m thinking between asura or sylvari. I’ll play on both and decide…

Thanks!

Wippo – Asura Elementalist
House of the Steel Dragon – Darkhaven

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Asuras man! We are cute and cuddly and are hammers are really giant cushions that spread love and care to the opposing team.

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Male sylvari, make one with dark red skin and equip the t2 cultural armor and the t3 head for a demonic look. Got all the pros of good human-like movements and not being generic-looking.

Attachments:

(edited by renmei.3102)

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Is that that hard?

Go norn. Orrian chest. Here, you already look awesome.

Give those pansies from the Pact REAL nightmares about Orr and the Risen!

You only need to make a norn without a beard to make him original. Mine looks like a brutal, relentless, traitorous villain.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

A male norn without a beard or mustache? Impossible! You, dear sir, are just an overweight human. =oP

For spvp, yea asura is best. As someone said above it’s a bit harder to tell the difference between their skills.

For pve/wvw well you just have to ask yourself if you want to blend in (human or sylvari) or stand out more (norn, charr, or asura (yes, for me, I notice the little people running about in a zerg or by their lonesome)).

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

A male norn without a beard or mustache? Impossible! You, dear sir, are just an overweight human. =oP

For spvp, yea asura is best. As someone said above it’s a bit harder to tell the difference between their skills.

For pve/wvw well you just have to ask yourself if you want to blend in (human or sylvari) or stand out more (norn, charr, or asura (yes, for me, I notice the little people running about in a zerg or by their lonesome)).

http://www.lolbrary.com/lolpics/927/its-the-beard-on-the-inside-that-counts-5927.jpg

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

I would create an asura warrior then sylvari and go into spvp to check out their skill animations. I personally LOVE the asura warrior animations and their t3 armor so I chose asura.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve deleted all other characters but my Norns. I Just rolled another human female but, meh’ not very good for me. To me, the appearance and running cycle are very important. Thus, my best advice is to roll a Warrior of each race and take them for a test drive in sPvP right off the bat. Then simply pick your favorite and reroll to it. Also, it helps to take some screen caps during your character selection process so you can recreate them exactly afterwards.

For PvP, the smallest Asura certainly has advantages. I don’t care what Anet say’s about the hit box, they have a visual advantage of getting lost in the crowd.

For Norn’s being boring, that’s just one person’s personal opinion. I love Hoelbrak and the Shiverpeaks. Meanwhile, quite dislike most other areas, especially Ascalon.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

whatever you do don’t make a human, they aren’t worthy of warrior let alone fighting any wars. norn are vikings, asura are little masterraces (always going to be a great option), charr warriors are always welcomed because they’re awesome charr and look monstrous. but i repeat don’t be a baby faced britbong human piggy failure beta euphoria pleb.

Best race for warrior?

in Warrior

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

So coming back to this thread I decided to play a max sized Norn vs Asura warrior that I normally play, and enter in a couple of hot join matches. I felt like I played completely different, even if most of the differences are physiological.

What I hated about big characters was that

1) I couldn’t see sometimes what I was swinging at really messed with my movement.

2) The range of your attacks are sometimes misleading, I swear sometimes I do staggering blow and the tip of my hammer would go through the player (because of how big my character is)…….

If your playing a big character, I would just do it for the looks

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist