Bleed cap ruin condition build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I heard condition warrior was actually pretty strong, but I dont know if it’s a good idea to invest in because of bleed cap. I’ve seen LFG advertisements say no condi builds because they already have too many bleeds, and every world boss from teq to normal champs have 25 in no time.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Condi builds in Pve are only good if you are going solo. In any team the cap can be a hindrance. Now in wvw or pvp, condi is very strong despite the cap. This because no proffesion can survive full stacks of anything for long, so keeping the stacks up against condi removal is important.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lodestone Draconis.7684

Lodestone Draconis.7684

I use a full Dire set with Rabid accessories in a double sword build for WvW and solo PvE. It works very well. But in a group it fails rather quickly if we have any other sources of bleeds due to the cap. If you are the only source for bleeds it can be very lucrative. Just like any Condi build its very situational. So I keep a second armor set in my bags for easy swaps when I need too.

Once committed to fight, cut. Everything else is secondary.

in Warrior

Derek.9021

Oh :[

That’s lame. I don’t want to work for 2 sets of ascended armor in the long term. I think I’ll just play something else.

Why don’t they just remove bleed cap :/

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Because with no cap pve becomes more faceroll than it is already. I mean, can you imagine 250 stacks of bleed?

in Warrior

Derek.9021

Because with no cap pve becomes more faceroll than it is already. I mean, can you imagine 250 stacks of bleed?

Can you imagine power builds in place of those condi builds?!?!

All bleed cap does is make condi builds bad and power builds normal in large fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

Power builds would do more damage than condi builds even if there was no cap.
Also, condi builds have another problem, which is the time required to stack up the bleeds. Conditions are useless when stuff dies in 10 seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Because condi’s are overpowered as they are.You do not want to get 100 stacks of torment,poison,bleeding…

Besides,take a look at the combat information section when you died in a spvp match,look what did the most dmg to you,9 out of ten times it’s condi’s ( Bleeding did 25k dmg..torment did 18k dmg..staggering blow did 3k dmg… you get my point ),with the melee skills at the bottom of the list.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ozzrel.9825

Ozzrel.9825

Because condi’s are overpowered as they are.You do not want to get 100 stacks of torment,poison,bleeding…

If there are enough people to apply 100 stacks of bleeding, there is no reason why you shouldn’t die. Removing the cap will change nothing in terms of PvP, you can’t survive 25 stacks anyway, unless you remove the instantly.

in Warrior

Derek.9021

Besides,take a look at the combat information section when you died in a spvp match,look what did the most dmg to you,9 out of ten times it’s condi’s ( Bleeding did 25k dmg..torment did 18k dmg..staggering blow did 3k dmg… you get my point ),with the melee skills at the bottom of the list.

That’s because condi dmg is sustained, not burst. You can heal through like 3 applications of bleeds and not die but that dmg is still added.

in Warrior

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

Conditions are strong in solo PvE because you can build high damage & high sustain simultaneously. Solo PvE doesn’t have things that will one-shot you when you have toughness/vitality, so putting into those is more helpful. A similar reasoning applies to PvP where other players will not one-shot you if you build some sustain.

Conditions are weak in group PvE because even without other conditions users around, random traits/weapon procs will deal enough conditions to a focused mob to reduce your damage by a fair amount. Furthermore, conditions are back-loaded DPS which means they can’t tag things in zergs.

Lastly, the DPS of a condition build without the condition cap is still inferior to the DPS of a berserker build. Removing the condition cap would make bosses take more time to kill rather than less. As more people play condition builds, there are less people playing berserker builds, and with the DPS loss between a berserker & condition build, you’d overall lose group DPS and bosses would take longer.

The reason they don’t remove the condition cap is mainly for processing reasons (as I understand it). Do you know how intensive the game would become on their servers if for one world boss they had to calculate the damage done by 200 or 300 bleed stacks of various durations and damages? Yeah. That’s why.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

You guys should play more WvW/PvP. Condition specs are highly overpowered there at the moment. There are a few reasons for that.
One you only have to invest in 1 stat to deal a lot of damage compared to 3 for power builds. This is why they can go really defensively aswel.
Two, a full condi burst build can burst someone down faster than a full berserker build in WvW. How is this possible? Because of the amount of condis there are and how fast they can be applied. Adding torment to the game was a big mistake imo.
Three, conditions are easier applied than removed in small group play. A warrior can stack up 20+ bleeds within 3-4 seconds and easily maintain them. That is 2,5-3k dmg/s!

There is only 1 reason why conditions don’t rule the world and that is because aoe condi removal removes 6 condis in total. So a zerg has 6* the condi removal than someone solo. That is why conditions don’t really work in zerg play, but for solo they are the way to go.

I am actually in favor of lowering the cap to 20 and reducing the torment duration by 50% and fixing condis in zerg play and PvE.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Tomasmxmf.9403

Tomasmxmf.9403

Who’s got a link to a condition build for a roaming warrior in WvW, kinda bored of using this hammer and wanna spice it up, plus I’m lazy. SOS help.

SCUMMY WARRIOR/REV ON DRAGONBRAND
[FIRE]//@TOLIVEFREEORDIE//RAIDER KREWE