Bloodfire: condi/shoutheal/zerker build PVE

in Warrior

Posted by: Szeraf.5781

Szeraf.5781

Hey there you beautiful people!

Here is my build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTjMdQlH25BmhAnIWWCsjAwCYml8Cib9g3b7vt4C-TRSGABA8AAg+QAgo6PAr8rN9Bgs/gunAApUCmwRAgUA3N2C-e

It works well for me but Im not sure about 2 things!!!
1. Strength runes vs . Berserker runes or whatever better options
2. Giver weapons

Can you guys give your opinions?

Its supposed to be a hybrid power / condi build (it works even tho I did not open full zerker yet lol) Problems the build has: stability, and I can`t stack might yet, sometimes slow while runnin but I can always call down a banne aye?

Any help appreciated, but pls don`t go on maximum min-maxing
HAve a wondeful day!!

Version3.1 – Lets see how far we come:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTj8cQlH25BmhAnIWKDMlOQkLDkEAGAJg3B7iNyC-TBSAABgq+TM7PgtyvAeEASrPQNlgAcCAC5IAQKgFFbB-e

(edited by Szeraf.5781)

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

WoW , everyone is mourning

in Warrior

Posted by: The Terrible Child.4763

The Terrible Child.4763

Not sure if your build is for WvW or PvE but I don’t think is good for either mode. Your build is a “hybrid” build but your weapon skills does not give you any physical attack at all. The only two skill that can hurt enemy physically is arcing arrow and final thrust so power/precision/ferocity does not help your build much at all. You use weapon swapping sigil on your weapon but you can’t use it to its fullest sense you don’t have fast hand. You can do a lot higher damage if you pick burning arrow in tactics instead. Since your build can’t stack high amount of might, having rune of strength is kind of useless. The 5% physical damage is pretty much neglect-able. You can pick some some rune that can actually help with shout such as trooper or pick some condition helping rune. These are only part of the problem, I can go on but these should give you something to think about.

in Warrior

Posted by: Capa.7684

Capa.7684

King of Fires 33% Burning Duration
Balthasar Runes 45% Burning Duration
Pizza Bufffood for normal PvE 18%, cost 3-4s every half hour
—————————
96% Burning Duration

Viper Set until you reach 100%.

Because Downstate is a real pain i dont like Stacking Sigil. I like the Weaponproc Sigil with Mightproc more. In a normal Fight it reaches up to 4-6 stacks often and is good when you dont have a team with Might stacking.

A big flaw with bleeding is the duration. Alot of damage is chopped because the Monster dies to fast, see no benefit in PvE except maybe Elite or Champions but its very situational.

(edited by Capa.7684)

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I see what you’re doing with your build, and it makes a lot of sense.

That being said, I think you’re getting less out of Arms than you’d get from Defense or Discipline. Of the two, Discipline is probably the better choice. If you’re willing to give up Tactics too, I’d recommend taking both Defense and Discipline.

If you really want to keep Tactics, I recommend taking Burning Arrows over Shrug It Off. With the gear changes recommended below, you’ll add way more damage to your longbow than you’d get from the extra Shake It Off, even with Vigorous Shouts traited.

In terms of runes, I agree with Capa’s recommendation of Balthazar. If you wanted to maintain more of a balance between power and condi damage, I guess you could go Elementalist, Baelfire, or Fire, but Balthazar looks better to me, frankly.

I also strongly recommend you drop the Cleansing Sigil on your longbow in favour of a Smoldering Sigil.

Here’s the result of most of the recommendations I made above. I didn’t mess with your utilities (though there’s probably more optimal choices), but I did swap Shake It Off for Outrage, since you mentioned having an issue with lack of stability and the combination of a 10s stun break and Balanced Stance should be enough. Personally, I’d probably go with the Big Three Stances on my bar.

I also didn’t change your gear stats, mostly because I didn’t want to do any calculations to figure out which would be best.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCmhAciglqATpHE7yBILuGQA4d0uajtA-TRiAABX8AA+U9HY2f4alfEqPAgDBQ0nAg0UCCyRAgUA3N2C-e

In the above, you want to be using your bursts as much as possible, especially your longbow bursts. Overall, your longbow is your main damage dealer due to the spammable bursts (more so if you keep Tactics for Burning Arrows), though your burst on the sword when up close and in Berserk mode is also ok. as is the rest of the set.

Be sure to savage leap through your fire fields to maintain permanent flame aura too, and be sure to use Longbow 2 at close range against groups of enemies when you can (it pierces, and you can stack a lot of burning if all three arrows hit your targets). Obviously, be sure to blast Combustive Shot with Arcing Arrow every time too.

If you find you aren’t getting that much from your Torch, consider dropping it forr a traited shield. I’m not familiar enough with the Torch, nor the challenges you’re facing, to say which is the better choice for you. You’re running pretty glass and traited Shield 5 is amazing, but if you’re not getting downed a lot then the extra aoe burn from Torch might be better.

Anyway, just my two bits.

EDIT: note that some things on the editor aren’t updated yet. For example, your food only gives you +20% condi duration now, afaik. Also, it’s only counting +30% duration from your weapons instead of +40%,, King of Fires now gives +33% burning instead of +20%, and it’s not calculating in the Smoldering Sigil, no doubt because the build exceeds the +100% cap. Still, it gives you a rough idea and enough of a head start to figure out which condi bonuses should be swapped out for something else to maximize impact.

EDIT2: You could probably safely switch your weapons to Sinister and drop the Smoldering Sigil for whatever you want (e.g. Doom) and still maintain roughly +100% burning, while also increasing your condi damage and power. Alternatively, you could keep the Smoldering Sigil on the bow and go with something like Elementalist or Nightmare runes to still maintain +100% burn, but either increase your power at the expense of condi damage or increase your bleeds by a bit.

I’d probably go with this. The bleed damage is almost as high as your original build (less duration, but higher condi damge), your burn damage is way higher, and your survivability is better too. So your original concept is still respected, but enhanced by a lot.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCmhAciglqATpHE7yBILuGQA4d0uajtA-TBSGABA8AAQU9nM2fAYlf6eCA9BSpEMhjAABHCASBc3YL-e

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

I see what you’re doing with your build, and it makes a lot of sense.

That being said, I think you’re getting less out of Arms than you’d get from Defense or Discipline. Of the two, Discipline is probably the better choice. If you’re willing to give up Tactics too, I’d recommend taking both Defense and Discipline.

If you really want to keep Tactics, I recommend taking Burning Arrows over Shrug It Off. With the gear changes recommended below, you’ll add way more damage to your longbow than you’d get from the extra Shake It Off, even with Vigorous Shouts traited.

In terms of runes, I agree with Capa’s recommendation of Balthazar. If you wanted to maintain more of a balance between power and condi damage, I guess you could go Elementalist, Baelfire, or Fire, but Balthazar looks better to me, frankly.

I also strongly recommend you drop the Cleansing Sigil on your longbow in favour of a Smoldering Sigil.

Here’s the result of most of the recommendations I made above. I didn’t mess with your utilities (though there’s probably more optimal choices), but I did swap Shake It Off for Outrage, since you mentioned having an issue with lack of stability and the combination of a 10s stun break and Balanced Stance should be enough. Personally, I’d probably go with the Big Three Stances on my bar.

I also didn’t change your gear stats, mostly because I didn’t want to do any calculations to figure out which would be best.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCmhAciglqATpHE7yBILuGQA4d0uajtA-TRiAABX8AA+U9HY2f4alfEqPAgDBQ0nAg0UCCyRAgUA3N2C-e

In the above, you want to be using your bursts as much as possible, especially your longbow bursts. Overall, your longbow is your main damage dealer due to the spammable bursts (more so if you keep Tactics for Burning Arrows), though your burst on the sword when up close and in Berserk mode is also ok. as is the rest of the set.

Be sure to savage leap through your fire fields to maintain permanent flame aura too, and be sure to use Longbow 2 at close range against groups of enemies when you can (it pierces, and you can stack a lot of burning if all three arrows hit your targets). Obviously, be sure to blast Combustive Shot with Arcing Arrow every time too.

If you find you aren’t getting that much from your Torch, consider dropping it forr a traited shield. I’m not familiar enough with the Torch, nor the challenges you’re facing, to say which is the better choice for you. You’re running pretty glass and traited Shield 5 is amazing, but if you’re not getting downed a lot then the extra aoe burn from Torch might be better.

Anyway, just my two bits.

EDIT: note that some things on the editor aren’t updated yet. For example, your food only gives you +20% condi duration now, afaik. Also, it’s only counting +30% duration from your weapons instead of +40%,, King of Fires now gives +33% burning instead of +20%, and it’s not calculating in the Smoldering Sigil, no doubt because the build exceeds the +100% cap. Still, it gives you a rough idea and enough of a head start to figure out which condi bonuses should be swapped out for something else to maximize impact.

EDIT2: You could probably safely switch your weapons to Sinister and drop the Smoldering Sigil for whatever you want (e.g. Doom) and still maintain roughly +100% burning, while also increasing your condi damage and power. Alternatively, you could keep the Smoldering Sigil on the bow and go with something like Elementalist or Nightmare runes to still maintain +100% burn, but either increase your power at the expense of condi damage or increase your bleeds by a bit.

I’d probably go with this. The bleed damage is almost as high as your original build (less duration, but higher condi damge), your burn damage is way higher, and your survivability is better too. So your original concept is still respected, but enhanced by a lot.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCmhAciglqATpHE7yBILuGQA4d0uajtA-TBSGABA8AAQU9nM2fAYlf6eCA9BSpEMhjAABHCASBc3YL-e

After reading everything I changed a few things! Capa was right I don`t need the Strength runes The burn uptime, and the bleeding duration as a waste is true too! However I won`t give up the shout heal concept, cause that made it extremely fun and gave it some team support! I gave up Arms for Defense and changed a trait in Tactics so my bow number 2 gives out burn too! So far I used sword / torch as main dps, but we`ll see if bow works just as fine I don`t like Discipline cause Im not a big weapon switcher due to my main being an Engi, sry Im not the best warrior but I still have fun burnin stuff I ll test it like this for now

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Great to hear! I’m glad the feedback was helpful toward increasing your effectiveness while maintaining your fun.

Just as an experiment though, try to stick more on your bow for a while. You can overlap your fire fields, you can give yourself some might by blasting, you should build adren slightly faster, and your burn damage is much stronger than your bleeds (plus the burns will hit more targets).

If you don’t like it or find the results aren’t as good, keep sticking with what you enjoy the most. Having fun trumps maximum effectiveness in my book.

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

Great to hear! I’m glad the feedback was helpful toward increasing your effectiveness while maintaining your fun.

Just as an experiment though, try to stick more on your bow for a while. You can overlap your fire fields, you can give yourself some might by blasting, you should build adren slightly faster, and your burn damage is much stronger than your bleeds (plus the burns will hit more targets).

If you don’t like it or find the results aren’t as good, keep sticking with what you enjoy the most. Having fun trumps maximum effectiveness in my book.

I figured multiple foes Bow also the melee hurters get bow, single targets get sword/torch. Also as the first adrenalin filler sword/torch is faster!

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I been playing warrior for years, tried everything. Traditional wisdom tells me you want runes of aristocracy for any warrior condi build for starters doesn’t matter if its hybrid or not.. Also the hybrid nature of your build I think the power is wasted because your precision is too low even with fury.

Other thing all of the vitality in your build is not needed. Especially if you are running shout heals. Just would go full sinister. If you can get Vipers thats good also.
All of the defense and tankyness of your build screams PVP or WvW not PVE. You don’t need so much defense in PVE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTjMdQlH25BmhAnIWWCsjAwCYml8CuB9g3b7vt4C-TRSGABA8AAg+QAAsyv20Ho7JAQKlg+q+TCHBA22fgUA3N2C-e

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

I been playing warrior for years, tried everything. Traditional wisdom tells me you want runes of aristocracy for any warrior condi build for starters doesn’t matter if its hybrid or not.. Also the hybrid nature of your build I think the power is wasted because your precision is too low even with fury.

Other thing all of the vitality in your build is not needed. Especially if you are running shout heals. Just would go full sinister. If you can get Vipers thats good also.
All of the defense and tankyness of your build screams PVP or WvW not PVE. You don’t need so much defense in PVE.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTjMdQlH25BmhAnIWWCsjAwCYml8CuB9g3b7vt4C-TRSGABA8AAg+QAAsyv20Ho7JAQKlg+q+TCHBA22fgUA3N2C-e

We`ll see, the new maps are tough as hell sadly and I like to pull everything Not a patient type here! Thnx for the advice tho!

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Dude I run around in new maps and have 3 out of 4 maps complete in full zerk with no shouts or defense. If you can’t do it no build will help you because its the way you control your character not the build. It has nothing to do with being patient I run around with a GS and sword warorn. I have 10 times the movement utility and speed that you do so being patient isn’t a valid excuse. Becasue you have to be 100 times more patient than me with your mov speed.

I also Promise you that I kill things 3 times faster than this build with my build so I promise you that you are slow speed with this set up. Low defense also.

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

Dude I run around in new maps and have 3 out of 4 maps complete in full zerk with no shouts or defense. If you can’t do it no build will help you because its the way you control your character not the build. It has nothing to do with being patient I run around with a GS and sword warorn. I have 10 times the movement utility and speed that you do so being patient isn’t a valid excuse. Becasue you have to be 100 times more patient than me with your mov speed.

I also Promise you that I kill things 3 times faster than this build with my build so I promise you that you are slow speed with this set up. Low defense also.

U mad bro? Try to take example: Choppy.4183:

Now go back playing your warri for many more years! And as they say in my country: Amugy meg bazd meg az anyad te kurvapecer!
Good DAY SIR

(edited by Szeraf.5781)

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I figured multiple foes Bow also the melee hurters get bow, single targets get sword/torch. Also as the first adrenalin filler sword/torch is faster!

That surprises me, but maybe it’s because I don’t understand how the fire field from the Torch interacts.

The reason I figured bow would build addren faster is, even though the attack speed is a little slower, you build two addren for each auto attack, three from lb3, and your burst field (when you’re able to use it) pulses, giving you extra hits. As a bonus, the bow does more damage too.

Still, if sticking on sword against single targets works better for you, then keep going with it!

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

That surprises me, but maybe it’s because I don’t understand how the fire field from the Torch interacts.

The reason I figured bow would build addren faster is, even though the attack speed is a little slower, you build two addren for each auto attack, three from lb3, and your burst field (when you’re able to use it) pulses, giving you extra hits. As a bonus, the bow does more damage too.

Still, if sticking on sword against single targets works better for you, then keep going with it!

Tested a bunch around and conclusions:
-Def-Tac-Zerker wont do, Def had to be replaced with Discipline (see point 2)
- Bow builds up half the adren, than S/T. This means that you open up with S/T build up the initial adren, then switch to Bow to zerk and burnfield the hell outta the enemy! With discipline and zerker traits from that point it keeps the adrenalin up pretty smoothly.
-Discipline solved movespeed problem, since you always run in S/T
-Also the shout heals work well with my buddies.
- I start to get the feeling that I have a bit too much health, but Ill switch the carrion armor to sinister If I have no problem in the HoT maps + I need to level Armorsmith for that so plenty stuff to do on my 2nd favourite toon!

I ll update later on, if I make any more changes

(edited by Szeraf.5781)

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Glad to hear your taking some advice. I don’t think any warriors really run shouts anymore. It heals for like 1k which is basically nothing and they barely give you much adrinaline. your beter off with with traits like burst mastery or furious. You are better off using some sigil like leching, sigil of blood, omn pies etc for life steal for extra healing.

If you need some better defense a stance is the way to go for oh no button honestly.

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

Glad to hear your taking some advice. I don’t think any warriors really run shouts anymore. It heals for like 1k which is basically nothing and they barely give you much adrinaline. your beter off with with traits like burst mastery or furious. You are better off using some sigil like leching, sigil of blood, omn pies etc for life steal for extra healing.

If you need some better defense a stance is the way to go for oh no button honestly.

I already use Burst mastery but I found Furious garbage basicly with this weapon set. And yes I need every adrenalin boost I can get cause as soon as I get to 30 I can do 3 Scortched earth each one connected in quick sessions. Weapon swap gives 5, I have 3 shouts those give 15. The healing aint much true but ehh its something. If the adrenalin mechanic goes back to normal, who knows I might use something else. Ill update the current build in the first comment! Ty for the constructive comment btw.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

the moment i find out anet makes fast hands baseline, i’ll make this condi build
not only for pve with berserker but for wvw
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAscTjMdQVI24BehAnIGWCsLAsAmZYGIEUByXwNoCC-TRSHAB8q8j6jAgQ7P0t+g2V/pOlghfIAA4BAIwJAgUALqsC-e

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

(edited by darkaheart.4265)

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

the moment i find out anet makes fast hands baseline, i’ll make this condi build
not only for pve with berserker but for wvw
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAscTjMdQVI24BehAnIGWCsLAsAmZYGIEUByXwNoCC-TRSHAB8q8j6jAgQ7P0t+g2V/pOlghfIAA4BAIwJAgUALqsC-e

They won`t sadly. I can see them making Brawler Recovery but not fast hands, sry.

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

Tested in fractals and dungeons. It sustains damage pretty well. Max scortched was 4, 5 with Chronomancer. Shouts have 3 uses it has a little mindplay what you wanna use`em for!

in Warrior

Posted by: Romgaard.1965

Romgaard.1965

who the kitten cares about PvE?…everything is viable in PvE

in Warrior

Szeraf.5781

who the kitten cares about PvE?…everything is viable in PvE

Kittens of course