Bow+Rifle Warrior discussion

in Warrior

Posted by: Invoker.5462

Invoker.5462

Strangely i couldn’t find any topics on a build using bow+rifle. A broad speculation would be that its effectiveness would stem from the ability to adapt to single target and group targets at range.

Since it has not yet been exploited or even attempted (and documented), i’d expect to see some utility skills like kick, bolas, ect being used. Or, perhaps banners since you can maintain a stationary area with this build.

You can blind, knock someone REALLY far back + slow and immobilize. You could argue one of the best immobilize builds could stem from this build with almost 10 seconds of immobility AND slow.

I hypothesize that the elite skill would likely be signet of rage as the build lacks and form of swiftness and needs the fury.

Perhaps some of you long time warrior players have tried this? Thoughts?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jan.4830

Jan.4830

Would this build be for:

Wvw ( If so, please specify if solo or group roaming, or zerg fighting)
Spvp
PVE outdoors
PVE dungeons
or Fractals?

Yaks Bend Alliance
Melisande-Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Invoker.5462

Invoker.5462

Would this build be for:

Wvw ( If so, please specify if solo or group roaming, or zerg fighting)
Spvp
PVE outdoors
PVE dungeons
or Fractals?

Not sure what its best use would be but i’m sure it could potentially see viability in everything with a bit lacking in the outdoor PVE department (due to lack of mobility).

in Warrior

Posted by: Ark.9586

Ark.9586

It wouldn’t be best to use anywhere really. The reason you find no information on it is because it’s really crap >.>

But if you really wanna optimize a rotation with it, do volley off cooldown and just camp longbow for the rest. Use arcing arrow and pin shot off cooldown and autoattack until weapon swap’s up for rifle. This is assuming you have crack shot + fast hands.

FGJ + SoF + BoD utils, SoR elite.

That would be optimized DPS rotation but if you wanna use it in WvW or PvP then good luck w/ that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

It definitely has no spot in WvW, as you have 0 mobility. Even in a zerg fight, you need to get around.

Also, reflect.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

WvW - no mobility, RIP
PvP - decent burst, no sustain, hard against melee classes that dance around you, and rifle butt is on too long of a CD for it to be truly useful, RIP
PvE (dungeons) - allows you to play safe, much lower DPS than optimal builds, RIP
PvE (open world) - same as dungeons, less of an issue though, RIP

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

if you run zerker amulet and quickness you can duel with lb/rifle. i ran it with warrior runes and the lose condi on weapon swap. it’s odd and can beat so,e builds 1v1, but it’s still a goofy 1v1 build.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

It’s not as good as you think it may be. I think melee DPS is still more rewarding.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in Warrior

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

I already made dual ranged warrior build long time ago and what?

Watch
http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/c/5491666

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJAUTjMdU5ZrHeewJagqgC7iHA6uh0nQXnCA-TFCHAB3pEEgLAAlK/kU9HDOCA9s/QAPAgBOEAAA-w

unfortunately there is no zealot amulet in pvp so use cele instead.
use combustive shot to make you protected from enemy by staying inside of burning area.

but i don’t recommend using it. The reason is that stupid anet removed condi bleed from rifle and became sucks than ever.

Rather, check my twitch for best warrior builds
http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in Warrior

Posted by: Virdigo.2419

Virdigo.2419

Ok when the game originally launched this was actually a really good way to play, legshot root drop a longbow burst ae on top of them swap weapons and hit them with a 3pt rifle burst for about 3k damage. Then they nerfed how crit works how weapons swap works basically now I don’t play warrior anymore cause all my epics were in rifle bow. I think in nerfing GS they pretty much broke rifle and never fixed it again.

in Warrior

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Rifle range pressure is not bad in 1v1 but it’s horrible in team fights. Killshot is also dangerous if they have even the slightest latency which knowing how bad lag has been lately is something worth considering.
Bow is just amazing that’s why every warrior build uses it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Rifle got screwed up when they changed the auto a few months back. It barely has a use at all anymore. Longbow is fair but it’s more of a tactical weapon, not so elite in general usage or 1v1.