Bring on the GREAT AXE ANET!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

I really really want this weapon anet. and just please dont make it like the hammer ability wise.

in Warrior

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

holy kitten i agree. but what kind of skills shall it have?

in Warrior

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

it’s going to be there… in expansions. So be patient

in Warrior

Posted by: Rage Cube.4573

Rage Cube.4573

Given the other two melee 2H weapons both embody control and direct damage, I would imagine the Greataxe looking something like this.

1: Gash (bleed) > Hemorrhage (bleed) > Sever Artery (weakness)
2: Blood Bath (Spin Bleeding all enemies)
3: Crippling Leap (Leap to an enemy crippling them)
4: Vile Guillotine (Bleed and Psn all targets in a cone)
5: Decapatate (Leap to a target and deal damage based on their current health or bleed stack count… like heartseeker)

Callin it now.

(edited by Rage Cube.4573)

in Warrior

Posted by: MrGregor.4120

MrGregor.4120

Just for fun I am gonna take a stab at it. Here is my version of the 5 weapon skills with adrenaline skill. The numbers will be Spvp baseline weapon damage

Two Handed Axe – Warrior

1. Split/Cleave – A two part chain attack with the Cleave applying two bleeds with 6 second duration and hitting in a arc in front of the player. 550 and 780 damage with small delay on the finish.

2. Bloody Roar – A AOE shout that applies weakness on opponents in 600 range and grants the Warrior retaliation for every opponent struck with a bleed on them. 10 second cooldown.

3. Mighty Throw- Throw your axe into a Opponent. Applies 8 stacks of Vulnerability and adds a bleed stack every 2 seconds for 10 seconds if hits opponents backside. 650 damage 12 second cooldown

4. Sky Cleave – Leap at your opponent from high up and deal damage to him and all foes around him. Applies 2 seconds of Fury for every opponent hit and knocks down the opponent. 700 damage 20 second cooldown

5. Grim Stride – Swing your axe around yourself while moving forward. Reflects projectiles while applying a bleed onto opponents who come into contact. 500 damage Lasts 3 seconds. 25 second cooldown

Adrenaline Skill – Slayers Oath

Mark a Opponent as your trophy for this day! Applies debuff that gives a bleed and weakness when struck by the Warrior. Duration of Slayers Oath increases with Adrenaline. Level 1- Lasts 5 seconds Level 2- lasts 8 seconds Level 3- Lasts 12 seconds. 12 second cooldown

As you can see, this weapon is designed to fill a condition damage slot for a Two handed Weapon. Although Sword main hand fills that slot decently, it’s not a true condition damage weapon and more of a hybrid. Offhand sword is the closest and yet isn’t filling it well yet (hopefully buffed with a patch). The numbers could be tweaked and is just a rough sketch. It is designed to invoke a Berserker Warrior running into the fray, with a different kind of damage since Two handed Sword fills the Power role.

I can also see Rangers and Necromancers being able to use this weapon. Both of them could be Condition damage skills to keep to the theme of the weapon (Both classes need it as Mainhand Axe / Shortbow and Scepter/ offhand dagger and focus are the only pure condition build weapons for both classes).

Maybe as a compromise to other classes for a new weapon. Thieves could get offhand sword, Mesmer could get Mainhand Pistol, Guardian could get Longbow, Engineer could get a new weapon kit. Then everyone is happy

So what do you guys think?
edit

Looks like me and Rage Cube were on the same Psychic Link haha

(edited by MrGregor.4120)

in Warrior

Posted by: Throdin.8061

Throdin.8061

I’ll have a whack at this and voice my ideas even if they won’t be implemented.

Keeping with the idea of a condition based 2h weapon…

1. Swipe: Cripple
Strike: Bleed
Rend: Bleed. Increased AOE. Slower animation.
2. Devastating Cleave – Applies 3 stacks of bleed. Large AOE
3. Wrathful Counter – Blocks the next oncoming attack, countering and applying vulnerability x5
4. From on High! – Leap at a target area (400 range), dealing damage to enemies and receiving 3 seconds of retaliation for every enemy hit. Enemies closer to the center take more damage.
(chain) No Escape! – Spin around, doing light damage and pulling enemies to you.
5. Obliterate – Spin around, doing an uppercut that knocks a foe back and does heavy damage.

Burst Skill: Guillotine – Does damage based on how many stacks of bleed are on the target.

Just as the 1h sword focuses on conditions, with mobility and defense being secondary, my version of the Greataxe is mostly conditions with control and normal damage being secondary.

You could control and slowly bleed a large group of enemies to death, or get a single target low enough then use your burst skill to finish them once you’ve stacked as many bleeds as you can on them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

great idea, so great in fact I cannot believe it’s not in the game yet !
also I’d like to see katanas and kodachis to make my warrior a true samurai warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Great Axe sounds cool. Hopefully if they do implement it, it wouldn’t be a support weapon and it would be a weapon for carries.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lynkz.5029

Lynkz.5029

Latinkuro I like where your heads at. Samurai style warrior would be awesome. For someone who is black belt in haidong gumdo (Korean martial art involving katana). I have a love for that style of sword…

in Warrior

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

I do not know much about how a samurai functions, but with
asians usually focused on maneuverability, like ANet wanted
for GW2, I think it is fitting to re-work/build the warrior into
a samurai skill wise, with that said, the katana could just be
a weapon that stands out by name, visual art and some standard
extra buff tied to the sword dmg range. I would suggest +5% to crit,
AND make the katana a Warrior/Samurai only weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Wielding a Katana like Vergil or Nero <3

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Twiista.1689

Twiista.1689

League of Legends…

Darius

Everything in Darius’ set gives us warriors everything we want/need

Skills

1 – Auto Attack w/ Daius Passive

2 – Q (a spinning aoe…something like axe 2 attack now)

3 – W (a slow..cuz warriors need cripples…its on about every weapon anyway)

4 – E (a pull…in this game its very funny that Guardians, Thieves, Necros, and Mesmers all have a pull but the freakin WARRIOR doesn’t. You would think something like that would be a more warrior ability than anyone else)

5 – Judgement (Garen) – (a spin to win ability…similar to axe 5 now)

F1 – R (Execution skill…akin to Eviserate) Refreshes cooldown on killDD

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

If they add Japanese style swords it will probably be in a Cantha themed expansion and it would be just another sword just like in the original Guild Wars. There is nothing special enough about a slightly curved sword to put it in it’s own unique category.

I do not know much about how a samurai functions

Usually on horseback with a bow. Don’t think we’ll be functioning like any historical warrior – especially a mounted warrior – anytime soon.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

(edited by Varyag.3751)

in Warrior

Posted by: MrGregor.4120

MrGregor.4120

Lets stay on topic with the thread everyone. This is about Great Axes and not Samurai’s and their swords.

Lets hear more idea’s about possible Great Axe abilities or maybe weapon designs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Lets hear more idea’s about possible Great Axe abilities or maybe weapon designs.

All I’ve heard so far doesn’t actually add anything to the warrior profession, it’s basically combining the abilities of two other weapons and calling it a day. If they eventually add weapons, I surely hope the great axe is something more unique than “bleedy version of greatsword/hammer”.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

Hopefully they’ll add two-handed axes AND Dwarves in the same expansion!
:)

in Warrior

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

Oh yea please give us a Great Axe!

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/